Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Glenn Dorsey, 2 year 6 mil. He's the type of guy who could revive his career in a new scheme suited to his strengths.

But no, the cowboys can't even muster up that meager sum.

Pathetic.
What were we paying Spears like $8MM per? Anyway, no great loss. Rather have young guys cheap than old guys who suck and are living off 1st round grades. Spears was average. What pisses me is we let guys like Bowen and Canty go for nothing. They were cheaper and more productive. Everyone knew Spears sucked 3 years in .... making same mistake with Spencer.

But man, what a pickle this team is in with Salary Cap. Huh, I always read here how brilliant Jerrah and his son were on this numbers stuff. Oh well, so much for that.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 03-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I also vehemently disagreed with the firing of Rob Ryan. I even laughed at the signing of Kiffin.

But the good group of Cowboys fans we have here made me come away from the ledge a bit. I have my doubts, but I'm willing to ride this out. I mean I REALLY REAAAALLLLY have major doubts about this. But I'm just gonna sit quiet a bit and have a little faith.
I agree that Ryan's firing is very suspect, asking a veteran defense to switch schemes can take a couple of years of adjustment as a new type of player is required for a new scheme.. Add in Kiffin's age and you really have to question Jerry's thinking.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
What were we paying Spears like $8MM per? Anyway, no great loss. Rather have young guys cheap than old guys who suck and are living off 1st round grades. Spears was average. What pisses me is we let guys like Bowen and Canty go for nothing. They were cheaper and more productive. Everyone knew Spears sucked 3 years in .... making same mistake with Spencer.

But man, what a pickle this team is in with Salary Cap. Huh, I always read here how brilliant Jerrah and his son were on this numbers stuff. Oh well, so much for that.
Teams like the Cowboys who spend almost all their cap dollars every year are faced with a new reality. The cap used to rise substantially every year, so paying players normal increase demands could easily be fitted in, today, the new reality is that the cap only increased 3 millions dollars and will remain flat for some years to come.

All the teams who spent to their cap limit are caught in a bind this season, which is why so many top stars are switching teams as the new cap forces them to make changes in order to meet payroll limitations. I'd still say, Jerry has for the most part been pretty clever in retaining his star players compared to other teams.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now now... nobody was crying last year... and it wasn't too long ago Stephen Jones was reigning with praise for being a master capologist. Remember when we took the credit away from Jerry and started lofting Stephen into that chair?

It's still Stephen's show. I actually like the Franchising of Spencer because I'm still not totally convinced that he's worth a long term contract. I'm down with paying him another year and looking at DE in the draft next year.

I think we got better by subtraction with Sensy gone and Spears gone. I fully expect Free to be a June 1st cut. Fans just need to be patient. We aren't gonna be spenders every offseason. We got Carr last year, so that should settle your nerves.

Yes, I thought Romo would restructure, but I'm ok with him not doing it. I don't want to be in depth with him long term. ...but then again, you all know I'm not Tony's biggest supporter.

Austin must be playing hard ball to in not redoing his deal. Remember my mock? We went WR in Round 2... forced Austin to reconsider at the last moment or get cut. I still think that's a possibility. Right now, he has leverage. If we make him replaceable, he'll lose it and the only way that happens is through the draft cause we have no means via FA. I don't think we cut him before the draft cause Jerry likes him too much. He just wants to pay less, but can't force that move just yet.

My question is, what's up with Ratliff? Is he gonna rework his deal or what?

That's why I was speaking to the line of events this off-season, not last year. I don't think he's done a bad job longterm or anything but this off-season was not played well at all. If we knew all these DE's would be available at half the price we gave Spencer we never would have tagged him. A LE in Kiffin's 4-3 isn't all that important, we could have gone upgrade the run with Bennett or upgrade the pass rush with Avril and both could have been 1 or 2 year deals.

I actually wanted to cut Ratliff after his dui(really? sometimes you have to cut a guy off of principle and this was one of them, another blunder by keeping him) and sign Dorsey. This was before I saw what he was paid. He's starter quality and an absolute great fit here while being younger then Ratliff.

Lack of at least 1 solid safety while a ton of good guys are available? Hell I'd have rather let Spencer walk and filled up 10 million dollars worth of DT's, Safeties, and DE's. I'm almost positive we could have signed 3 starters with the price of Spencer, and easily used a top pick for that spot. Yes I love Spencer there way more then any rookie, but not at that cost.

You could say it's hindsight 20/20 but it's their job to forsee these things to an extent and use it to their benefit. I just don't think it's been a very good off-season thus far and one that we didn't maximize our efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
new scheme? he was playin in a 3-4 in kc and sf runs 3-4 too
Yes. New scheme as in us, who run the 4-3. He was saying a new scheme could have revived his career if he came here.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Teams like the Cowboys who spend almost all their cap dollars every year are faced with a new reality. The cap used to rise substantially every year, so paying players normal increase demands could easily be fitted in, today, the new reality is that the cap only increased 3 millions dollars and will remain flat for some years to come.

All the teams who spent to their cap limit are caught in a bind this season, which is why so many top stars are switching teams as the new cap forces them to make changes in order to meet payroll limitations. I'd still say, Jerry has for the most part been pretty clever in retaining his star players compared to other teams.
Good point there. With the cap not increasing much, good teams will have to learn to be more strict with their cap. Or pick and choose which stars stay and go. Jerry never liked losing stars, that's why we're in this mess. The problem I see is that we keep backloading and backloading. Eventually it'll catch up. ...it already has actually, yet we're making it worse.

We should've cut Austin. Ratliff was harder to cut with his guaranteed money but they should've reworked his deal to pay him less instead of restructuring.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're still paying too much for too many guys, which leaves us prone to depth issues, and makes the draft all that much more important.

It's only going to get more ugly when the top guys in our 2010-2012 class come due and Jerrah won't be able to pick and choose.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs are putting L Blount on the trading block. Anyone think he's worth a 7th? He's prob better than any 7th round RB we bring in.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
The Bucs are putting L Blount on the trading block. Anyone think he's worth a 7th? He's prob better than any 7th round RB we bring in.
I think the word is we want a shifty back.

Besides, I don't think Garrett would bring in a character like Blount and our 7th rounder is gone to MIA for Ryan Cook.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@KavnerDC: Cowboys signed Ernie Sims to a one year deal according to Stephen Jones
Depth at the Will position
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Depth at the Will position
Good move. I was on board with that going into the offseason.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the word is we want a shifty back.

Besides, I don't think Garrett would bring in a character like Blount and our 7th rounder is gone to MIA for Ryan Cook.
Yeah, you're prob right. And you're def right about the 7th rounder. :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are definitely looking at shifty backs. Garrett was actually forthcoming about that :)

Garrett also places high value on ability to pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

If he wasn't such a bonehead I think Christine Michael would be a nice fit. Kerwynn Williams is probably my favorite prospect in this mold and he'll be available later in the draft. Kenjon Barner would also be a good option. I would avoid guys who blaze high 40s but struggle in the shuttle a la Knile Davis.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Knile Davis is a big no, I would think we are done with fast, injury prone RB's from Arkansas and that still has a bad taste in everybodies mouth. I hope we aren't looking for a shifty back, it needs to be a back who can handle the load when Murray gets hurt, not a guy who can share carries with him right away.

If we have a speedy shifty back and Murray goes down, we are back to passing the ball all game long and playing in shotgun.

Also sounds like we are gonna re-sign Spencer, huge mistake. We are in the situation we are in now because we want to re-sign everybody and never let anybody walk. The DE market is great for 1 and 2 year deals that are very cheap, and you can draft a replacement for cheap to develop. Instead we want to dish out more big money, even though we barely have any money now and have re structured a million contracts that'll come back to haunt us in a few years when the Spencer contract escalates. Great

I like Spencer, but we have got to learn at some point.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lattimore is the RB of Garretts eye this year. Think we'll take him in the 3rd if he is there. I know this isn't a new revelation or anything...just that gut feeling you want to get off your chest.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I think we like Lattimore too, and though I don't think it makes any sense what so ever I think we very well may take him in that 3rd/4th rd range and I hate it. Lattimore would be perfect somewhere like San Fran. Gore is only 30 and still going strong carrying a full load and very durable, Kendall Hunter returns as the primary back-up, Lamichael James in the fold, and he can truly take a red shirt year with no rush. Even in his 2nd year they can ease him in and it's not a big deal, especially with a team with a ton of picks.

But for us, we need a RB ready right now because do you trust Demarco can play 16 games? I love the guy and his talent I honestly do but he's not playing 16 games, I just hope it's around 14 this time. I have also seen what our offense looks like without him in there, and Dunbar/Tanner just don't cut it. You've seen what our offense looks like in these occasions and it's a disaster.

We are a much, much better team when we play balanced and I want a back like Christine Michael that if Murray gets hurt this guy can come in and carry the ball 20 times inside and out, so while he has his issues so did Martellus Bennett. He's not a 1st rounder with a ton of responsibility on him so you can let his talent ring out here.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea^^^, we can't look for a compliment to Murray, we need to get someone steady who can carry the load if he's not available. There are plenty of guys in the mid-rounds who fit that discription. I don't know if Lattimore is someone we should gamble on, I liked him in college but there are legitimate doubts about how he can bounce back from 2 serious knee injuries. TBH, I didn't think he looked like himself this year coming off the 1st ACL... and that 2nd one looked like a car wreck.

There was talk today that we like Franklin from UCLA, I could dig that pick.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I think Lattimore is the RB of Garretts eye this year. Think we'll take him in the 3rd if he is there. I know this isn't a new revelation or anything...just that gut feeling you want to get off your chest.

Garrett does seem to love the injury reclamation projects.

But I wonder if he takes a chance this year knowing his future hangs on a thread.

Jawan Jamison is the apple of my eye at RB. I think he figures into both the shifty back AND work horse categories. Unique combo.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Yea^^^, we can't look for a compliment to Murray, we need to get someone steady who can carry the load if he's not available. There are plenty of guys in the mid-rounds who fit that discription. I don't know if Lattimore is someone we should gamble on, I liked him in college but there are legitimate doubts about how he can bounce back from 2 serious knee injuries. TBH, I didn't think he looked like himself this year coming off the 1st ACL... and that 2nd one looked like a car wreck.

There was talk today that we like Franklin from UCLA, I could dig that pick.
I dig Franklin myself, so that would make me happy. There's a side of me that is unsure about him though.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, did anyone else hear we might be playing in the HOF game? If we get it, I'm pretty certain I'm going out to Canton this summer. I went last year with a few buddies that were Jets fans to see Curtis Martin inducted and it was a blast.

Highly recommend taking that trip at least once, and this year is certainly intriguing for Cowboys fans. L.A. and a chance to see our team up close (the seating is literally right on top of the field).
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dig Franklin myself, so that would make me happy. There's a side of me that is unsure about him though.
Jamison is my guy in that mid-round range too, would prefer him but would be happy with Franklin. Both are natural runners; very smooth, good balance, vision. Jamison packs more wallop.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

I would guess Franklin is off the board in the 3rd. That's a bit stiff for my taste. I'd rather have Jamison in the 5th.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Bolyard View Post
I would guess Franklin is off the board in the 3rd. That's a bit stiff for my taste. I'd rather have Jamison in the 5th.
Jamison has enough fans that I think the 5th would be hopeful. 4th would require a pick, imo.

I think my #1 objective going into the offseason was increasing the reliability on offense to run the ball. Less reliability on Romo and more reliability on Murray. OL plays the biggest role in that. But adding a solid RB makes that much more potent and reliable.

More protection for Romo and less reliablity on his shoulders is the direction that I personally would like to see this team go.

Defense upgrades? Isn't that what the fuss is all about with Kiffin? Rob kept us in games with a patchwork roster. If Kiffin is an upgrade, then let's put the focus on O and let Kiffin fix the defense that Rob was supposedly not able to do with his "loaded" roster. lol

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-18-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Jamison has enough fans that I think the 5th would be hopeful. 4th would require a pick, imo.
Mike Gillislee (sp) then?
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yes. New scheme as in us, who run the 4-3. He was saying a new scheme could have revived his career if he came here.
Yeah, Dorsey was always miscast being asked to 2-gap. Was originally rated so high in the draft as a 3-tech and never got the chance.

Scott Pioli said on NFL network the other day that he thought Dorsey was always asked to go against his strengths and suggested someone take a flyer on him as a penetrator, which is basically what I suggested.

At his price, it was a low risk/high reward move. Unfortunately, the team isn't in position to even do that.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote