Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I see a guy that while not great feet, he is good enough. Here's some film from Georgia. There's good footage of him agianst Jenkins and Jones. He had a really good day against Jenkins. Jones got him once, as I remember, but I see him many times riding the pass rusher past the pocket. While not pretty, he does get the job done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kgTPMHvt3gw

HEre's the thing about Fluker. While he might get beat around the edge some (so does everyone), Romo can deal with pressure to the outside. And I think what he lacks in that area, he will more than make up for in the attitude he will bring to the running game. This guy may be the best run blocking OT within 2 years. He is an ass kicker.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another kick in the teeth: Doug Free 4 yrs 32 mil < Jake Long 4 yrs 36 mil
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Another kick in the teeth: Doug Free 4 yrs 32 mil < Jake Long 4 yrs 36 mil
Keep in mind when we signed him he gave us a sweetheart deal. Bucs had a better contract offer and were willing to break the bank for him.

Why couldn't Doug Free just go for the money :/
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because we would've cursed Jerry out. Just being honest.

Real blame is on Free for deciding to suck.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Because we would've cursed Jerry out. Just being honest.

Real blame is on Free for deciding to suck.
You're right. At the time, getting a good young OT locked up at a reasonable contract was a good deal. This is on Free for quitting on this team.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't know. I see a guy that while not great feet, he is good enough. Here's some film from Georgia. There's good footage of him agianst Jenkins and Jones. He had a really good day against Jenkins. Jones got him once, as I remember, but I see him many times riding the pass rusher past the pocket. While not pretty, he does get the job done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kgTPMHvt3gw

HEre's the thing about Fluker. While he might get beat around the edge some (so does everyone), Romo can deal with pressure to the outside. And I think what he lacks in that area, he will more than make up for in the attitude he will bring to the running game. This guy may be the best run blocking OT within 2 years. He is an ass kicker.
Perfectly said, and that's the appeal for me. He's a classic, mauling RT who improves the run game Day 1... and it you're honest with yourself, that's far and away the biggest problem on this team. We can't run for ****. Defense's know this and it puts us in the same position every single week, forced to become one-dimensional by the 2nd half.

Our OL gets blasted but people are looking at it the wrong way. We need OL to forge some sort of run game, because if that doesn't improve and pass rushers know they can pin their ears back in the 2nd half it won't matter who you get to play RT next year, Romo will still take a beating.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-18-2013 at 06:19 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Same here. Our offensive line culture has went from those type of heavy footed maulers towards athletic players. While Fluker would not be pushed into the backfield like Free he would be used as a turnstile by speed rushers on the outside. As you highlighted his heavy feet make the transition to guard very difficult as well.

As far as tackles go I'll take Terron Armstead, Menelik Watson, David Quessenberry, or even Chris Faulk over Fluker. Every single one of them doesn't cost us a 1st rounder or multiple picks and a couple could be value picks on draft day.
Besides Tyron, we haven't invested in those type of players. The Guards we brought in last year suited a power run game, not a ZBS.

Armstead and Watson have some athletic upside but they're not ready to play in the NFL yet, they both need seasoning. Fluker is a Day 1 player at RT, and will be an elite run blocker for a decade.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

I take Fluker in the 2nd round in a heartbeat, but don't know if the value is at our spot in the 1st. I'd rather have Lane Johnson even though Johnson lacks power on the perimeter. Need to worry about power in the middle, and good footwork on the sides. Johnson's ability to redirect and wall over is just as valuable as Fluker's roadgrading... plus he can actually protect the passer - and let's not forget, as long as Garrett is here, he wants to toss the bean. Sure, he'd like to be able to run to open up the passing game, but the ball is going to be in the air.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping Parnell gets a legitimate opportunity to win the job. If the interior line is improved, I'm optimistic Parnell could play well enough at the position. If he's playing next to junk, there might be a problem.

I'm sure everyone on here has seen that Vacarro is coming in for a workout. Although he isn't my top safety, there's a realistic chance he's the choice at 18.

I wouldn't be disappointed because I do feel its a position of need. I'm just a bigger fan of some other guys.

I also saw that Stephen Jones said the team has confidence that Church and Johnson can be the starting safeties, which is laughable to me. Johnson, a small school guy who has never taken a snap and couldn't stay healthy, is being viewed as a starter?

What?

I've seen it speculated that Doug Free will almost certainly be cut. The article spoke about how restructuring Free is an easy outlet for the Cowboys to free up cap space but hasn't taken place because of the money it would guarantee Free down the line.

As others have mentioned on here, his cap savings aren't in effect until after June 1, so there is no rush to cut him at this time.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I'm still hoping Parnell gets a legitimate opportunity to win the job. If the interior line is improved, I'm optimistic Parnell could play well enough at the position. If he's playing next to junk, there might be a problem.

I'm sure everyone on here has seen that Vacarro is coming in for a workout. Although he isn't my top safety, there's a realistic chance he's the choice at 18.

I wouldn't be disappointed because I do feel its a position of need. I'm just a bigger fan of some other guys.

I also saw that Stephen Jones said the team has confidence that Church and Johnson can be the starting safeties, which is laughable to me. Johnson, a small school guy who has never taken a snap and couldn't stay healthy, is being viewed as a starter?

What?

I've seen it speculated that Doug Free will almost certainly be cut. The article spoke about how restructuring Free is an easy outlet for the Cowboys to free up cap space but hasn't taken place because of the money it would guarantee Free down the line.

As others have mentioned on here, his cap savings aren't in effect until after June 1, so there is no rush to cut him at this time.
Regarding Free, cutting him would put us on the books for serious dead money towards the cap next season. Also, in theory he is capable of playing both tackle positions. I'd say the draft dictates Free's future more-so than just about anyone else, outside of Spencer (who I think they'd deal if they could aquire a defensive end - though no one would pay that asking price). If in some crazy scenario Joekel, Fisher, or even Lane Johnson are setting there when Dallas is on the board, then they swoop in and take him. Looking at how the draft breaks down, I'm guessing they only really have a chance at Fluker and after the 1st round it's hard to tell what may be there. Armstead, Bakhtiari, Aboushi, Brennan Williams are all players I'd be interested in if they're still on the board say, in the 4th round.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone should be paying VERY close attention to LSU prospects. Jason Garrett is going to attend the LSU pro-day in person. He never attends these things unless he's keen on someone in attendance. He went to USC and prompted grabbed Tyron Smith. Last year he went to Alabama but we ended up not taking a prospect after trading up for Morris Claiborne.

I'm not a huge fan of Mingo, Montgomery, or Minter with our first pick but I love some of the more unheralded prospects.

Reid in the 2nd.
Chris Faulk in the 3rd or 4th.
Bennie Logan in the 4th+.

I would also love Michael Ford late in the draft or as a UDFA.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone should be paying VERY close attention to LSU prospects. Jason Garrett is going to attend the LSU pro-day in person. He never attends these things unless he's keen on someone in attendance. He went to USC and prompted grabbed Tyron Smith. Last year he went to Alabama but we ended up not taking a prospect after trading up for Morris Claiborne.

I'm not a huge fan of Mingo, Montgomery, or Minter with our first pick but I love some of the more unheralded prospects.

Reid in the 2nd.

I think sleeper center prospect, PJ Lonergan, will likely interest the Cowboys as well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Reid in the 2nd.

I'm really not a fan of any LSU prospects this year. Lower on Reid than most people too. He's a 3rd or 4th round 1 dimensional safety to me.

If anything, I'd maybe be ok with that dumbass Montgomery if he falls into the middle of the 2nd round. He isn't a high effort guy though so I doubt there would be any interest with Garrett.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really not a fan of any LSU prospects this year. Lower on Reid than most people too. He's a 3rd or 4th round 1 dimensional safety to me.

If anything, I'd maybe be ok with that dumbass Montgomery if he falls into the middle of the 2nd round. He isn't a high effort guy though so I doubt there would be any interest with Garrett.
It depends for me...

If Mingo is there at 18 (which I don't believe), then that'd be hard to pass up. If we're gonna employ what Seattle does, I would think of him as the Bruce Irvin of the team. Except I think he's better than Irvin against the run. We saw RG3 make mince meat of Ware (albeit injured), but that kind of quick twitch, fluid hips to change direction athlete is exactly the kind of player we need at DE.

Montgomery in Round 2 would also be considered a good value pick imo. He could make Spencer expendable.

Reid had a down year, but he had no corner help. It was like he was the only one in the secondary. Without Claiborne and Matheiu, he really took on a lot more.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
It depends for me...

If Mingo is there at 18 (which I don't believe), then that'd be hard to pass up. If we're gonna employ what Seattle does, I would think of him as the Bruce Irvin of the team. Except I think he's better than Irvin against the run. We saw RG3 make mince meat of Ware (albeit injured), but that kind of quick twitch, fluid hips to change direction athlete is exactly the kind of player we need at DE.

Montgomery in Round 2 would also be considered a good value pick imo. He could make Spencer expendable.

Reid had a down year, but he had no corner help. It was like he was the only one in the secondary. Without Claiborne and Matheiu, he really took on a lot more.
For me it had nothing to do with Reid having a down year, I just don't think he possesses the interchangeable skill set that many of the others do.

To me, Vacarro/Cyprien/Elam/Rambo/Swearinger/Williams/Thomas all have the ability to get from the hash to the sideline without a problem. I don't see that in Reid. He's too big and lumbering for me.

He's good enough in the box but I really believe Church has more fluidity and coverage skills than he does which wouldn't be an ideal pairing.

My concern with Mingo is that he's an RDE at this point. Can he add to his frame enough to play opposite of Ware or will he always be this lanky/quick player?

I agree he would be hard to pass up because of his skill set but I think we'd run into the same problem we have with Spencer being that our DE's are undersized Ina base front.

Just as you said, my thinking behind Montgomery is a value pick at that point and he has the frame to play LDE which would give the team another option to move on from Spencer. Totally agree.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
For me it had nothing to do with Reid having a down year, I just don't think he possesses the interchangeable skill set that many of the others do.

To me, Vacarro/Cyprien/Elam/Rambo/Swearinger/Williams/Thomas all have the ability to get from the hash to the sideline without a problem. I don't see that in Reid. He's too big and lumbering for me.

He's good enough in the box but I really believe Church has more fluidity and coverage skills than he does which wouldn't be an ideal pairing.

My concern with Mingo is that he's an RDE at this point. Can he add to his frame enough to play opposite of Ware or will he always be this lanky/quick player?

I agree he would be hard to pass up because of his skill set but I think we'd run into the same problem we have with Spencer being that our DE's are undersized Ina base front.

Just as you said, my thinking behind Montgomery is a value pick at that point and he has the frame to play LDE which would give the team another option to move on from Spencer. Totally agree.
Well Reid is in no one's 1st round like he was in the preseason, and the knocks on him are fair. I think some team will take him in the 2nd, but I have my favorites that don't include him. But if the team took him in Round 2, I wouldn't be mad necessarily.

True, Mingo doesn't solve anything at LE. But how much does Ware really have left in him and will he be worth the cost? I hope Ware is Cowboys lifer, but I never say no to trade discussions.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Montgomery is lazy. He is not a JG type of guy.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-19-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another LSU player to watch for is the CB Tharold Simon, he has the skill set we would look for while transitioning to a cover two look. He is still raw but is at his best jamming at the Los and using us length to get to the ball. I think he is a good developmental project in the 4-5 round.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
SB Nation's FSU blog Tomahawk Nation had live results from the pro day, including 32 reps on the bench press from Tank Carradine.
Also weighed in at 275 lbs, just a little tid bit for anyone who had questions if he could play the base end.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/19/41...ego-Louisville
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also weighed in at 275 lbs, just a little tid bit for anyone who had questions if he could play the base end.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/19/41...ego-Louisville
What injury did he sustain last year?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Montgomery in the 2nd but agree he's not a JG guy, the fit here is beautiful though. I still like Reid in the 2nd, love him in the 3rd. Rumor is we want to talk to Winston I'm guessing if we opened up space. If we were able to land Eric Winston, I would want Cooper in the 1st and Reid in the 2nd more then likely but that's just personal preference.

I don't see the point of talking about DE because strangely we want to re-sign Spencer longterm. If we just need depth that's way too soon for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What injury did he sustain last year?
He suffered from a torn ACL and hasn't been able to run yet, but he is planning a full workout April 20th.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...y-and-a/nTFYX/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...lius-carradine
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I love Montgomery in the 2nd but agree he's not a JG guy, the fit here is beautiful though. I still like Reid in the 2nd, love him in the 3rd. Rumor is we want to talk to Winston I'm guessing if we opened up space. If we were able to land Eric Winston, I would want Cooper in the 1st and Reid in the 2nd more then likely but that's just personal preference.

I don't see the point of talking about DE because strangely we want to re-sign Spencer longterm. If we just need depth that's way too soon for it.
Are we really talking to Winston? Please be true!

Romo's extension must be nearly ready.

edit: He's visiting the Fins today. Doubt he leaves there w/out a contract.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-20-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Are we really talking to Winston? Please be true!

Romo's extension must be nearly ready.

edit: He's visiting the Fins today. Doubt he leaves there w/out a contract.
Ya i doubt it, looks to be all agent hype and the media's tendency of placing the unwarranted Cowboys stamp of approval on any notable free agent.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ya i doubt it, looks to be all agent hype and the media's tendency of placing the unwarranted Cowboys stamp of approval on any notable free agent.
Yeah it's misdirection from the agent. We haven't been linked with any tackles in free agency which leads me to believe we are keeping Free this season unless we nab a quality OT in the draft.

Quote:
(Stephen) Jones said Free could still be a June 1 salary cut but the Cowboys will have a better idea of what they will do at the position after the draft. "No decision has been made," Jones said. "Itís not guaranteed. There are a lot of moving parts."
Most likely once Romo is signed we'll sign a veteran FS (Huff/Barber), kick the tires on a vet OG (Slauson), vet DT (Okoye), and perhaps a re-run at WR (Laurent Robinson). Honestly I wouldn't be shocked to see us make minimal signings and finding a rookie OT to replace Free. We can then cut him and roll the extra cap space into next year to cancel it out.

Personally I can't imagine we don't find an upgrade in the draft.