Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
They would have quickly discovered that Andrea did it and killed her and potentially Milton. I am surprised with all the things you defend about the show you took issue to that scene.
My issue was more with the writing of that scene. When Andrea says she's going to kill the Governor, Milton doesn't say "Hey, if you do that, Martinez will kill you." He just says she'll never have a chance. Then right after, she has a chance. Definitely an example of inconsistent writing and a plot hol that you guys also talk about.

I will say that there is one ongoing problem I do have with the show. Nobody ever says the entire story. When Andrea asked Herschel what the Governor did to Maggie and Glenn, he simply says "He's a bad man." Then Tyreese asks why Andrea is leaving, and she just says "He's not who you think he is." If you are trying to convince people they are wrong or in danger, being as vague as possible isn't the way to go. Provide concrete examples (kepts his zmobie daughter, had an aqaurium of heads, kidnapped people from the prison, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the ending showed Milton is no longer going to follow the Governor. He is past the point of no return.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently they cut a lot of scenes our of the Andrea visits the prison episode. The Herschel conversion being one. The show is poorly edited to go along with bad writing.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I was going for half hour dramas, and Weeds sucks. And you didn't find one in FNL? Tami Taylor not good enough for you?
Weeds is so ******* terrible. one episode and I was out.

...just felt like showing some solidarity with the Weeds-hate.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andreas the main thing bringing down this season to me. She's been featured so much already and looks like a big part of the ending will revolve around her. I just can't find a way to give a **** what happens to her.

At least she probably won't be able to talk next episode.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every Andrea episode just seems like filler
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Every Andrea episode just seems like filler
I feel like every episode that revolves strictly around doucheberry is extremely boring and a filler.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've finally caught up on this show... I find it interesting, it may be the first show I've ever watched where I pretty much want every single character to die (Daryl is the exception) and find that is why I'm watching it.

I think it's the total lack of realism and rational thought that make me feel this way and I actually enjoy the show despite it being one of the most flawed I've ever watched.

It's just confusing all around but fun...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Andreas the main thing bringing down this season to me. She's been featured so much already and looks like a big part of the ending will revolve around her. I just can't find a way to give a **** what happens to her.
hopefully she's ripped apart like something out of Dawn of the Dead

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrea isn't going to die.

My biggest concern at this point is whether they will try to drag this Rick v. Gov'r conflict out into the next season. Two episodes left and they better wrap it up.

I liked the episode. I was rooting for Andrea, despite the fact that she is written to be an idiot.

Seeing Milt stepping up is good, too. I don't think he'll be going in direct conflict, though. I think he'll be running interference and doing what he can to reign in (or flat out sabotage) the real sick stuff that Phillip tries to do. I do see a chance for him to become a super badass if he finds Andrea and decides to make a move on the Governor. That would be a cool twist, but probably too much for the trained monkeys to write.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
My biggest concern at this point is whether they will try to drag this Rick v. Gov'r conflict out into the next season. Two episodes left and they better wrap it up.
No, they won't do this. I'm not sure what direction they will go next and if they will follow the comics, but I would be very surprised if the Governor plot isn't pretty much done with when the season ends.

But there is a pretty way to figure out that it won't be a happy ending. Season one, they find the CDC and have some hope. Then it blows up and they are back on the road. Season two, they find the farm and have some hope. Then it is overrun by zombies and they are back on the road. Season three, they find the prison and have some hope. Then the Governor... and they are back on the road.

So I don't know what happens between Woodbury and the Prison. But based on the history of the show, this won't be a happy ending and it woudl eb surprising if the prison plays a role in season three.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That does seem to be the formula.

It should be a fun pair of episodes. I'm pretty excited about the turnaround in quality this season.

I still like Andrea. lol
I'll have to check out the notes from talking dead and see what dumb **** they did to make her so easy to hate.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I'm trying to get something from the title of the episode. The finale is called "Welcome to the Tombs."

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

The Tombs is the name they gave the lower levels of the prison, which is now compromised. This is the likely entry point for the Gov's crew since Tyrese and his group came in that way.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Also, I rewatched the end of the episode w/Rick talking to Herchel (almost wrote Virgil again lol) and it defintely came across to me that Rick was telling Herschel that he wanted the group scared so they would agree to turn over Michonne.

Irritating.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
The Tombs is the name they gave the lower levels of the prison, which is now compromised. This is the likely entry point for the Gov's crew since Tyrese and his group came in that way.
That or Rick and crew lures them down into the Tombs as their only way of protection.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
That or Rick and crew lures them down into the Tombs as their only way of protection.
Possibly. I'm thinking some exposives set on the way in by the Gov's crew would be a nice way to destroy the prison and send Rick et al back out on the road. It would also make for some dumb writing since the Governor seems to want the prison, so that's probably how it will go down.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Possibly. I'm thinking some exposives set on the way in by the Gov's crew would be a nice way to destroy the prison and send Rick et al back out on the road. It would also make for some dumb writing since the Governor seems to want the prison, so that's probably how it will go down.
The Governor doesn't want the prison. He explicitly said two or three episodes ago that he would never move to the prison. I don't know where people got the idea that the Governor wanted to move there. He wants to kill Rick and his crew and then make the prison unliveable so no other group could threaten his power.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he wanted to move there at one point but then has the scene that since they're in Woodbury that he wouldn't move because people like it cause its like home. He doesn't want the prison anymore.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I think at one point the Governor stated he wanted the prison, but thought it was impossible to clear out completely. Then later he stated, he does not want the prison anymore. Basically he just wants all authority and thats why he wants Rick and Co. gone. Michonne just because she killed his daughter.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Yet again the show breeds confusion.

The only time I recall him saying he didn't want the prison was when he said so directly to Rick. This was part of his BS since we know he intends to kill them all.

He did want it and was clearly (as clearly as these writers can make it, anyway) upset with Merle when he found out the prison was occupied.

At this point it wouldn't make sense to transplant the occupants of Woodbury since the prison is not an inviting space, especially compared to the tree lined Main St. of Woodbury.

I think both places get overrun and/or blown to hell to end the season, making both unlivable. So it's a moot point. lol

Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
On the Talking Dead last night, Laurie Holden (the actree who plays Andrea) gave a bit of insight into her character. She talked about why she does some of the things she does and even talked about a few deleted scenes that give a bit more clarity to her character. It made me hate her less. I still don't like her, but I no longer want her to die.

One part of the episode really pissed me off though:

Andrea: I'm going to kill the Governor.
Milton: You'll never get close enough.

Later in the episode, Andrea has the Governor in her sights. Milton stops her from killing him. Well dammit Milton, she was just close enough to kill him and you stopped her. Jackass.
Milton later explained that it wouldn't make a difference though as Martinez would just take over and the same **** would go down. I think he said "you'll never get close enough" because he was trying to convince her NOT to kill him. Seems like he still has a little faith in the governor because he knew him before he turned into an evil menace.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I don't know...Martinez seems alright. Just does what he's told, but from his interactions with the prison group I think he's alright.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And there goes half of the people who watch this show on these forums.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Thought it was s great episode but I wasn't expecting that at all.