Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I'd rather just draft a guy. I think we're done bringing in veteran WRs now.

Who are some receivers you guys like? I think they are very deep this year, and it's going to be like that draft a few years ago where all those RBs came in and made an impact. 07 maybe?

Justin Hunter
Marcus Davis
Aaron Dobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Yes. Please. Yes.

I know he has some baggage, but I love watching this kid play and feel like he'd be a great replacement for Dashon.
When I watch Bacarri Rambo, I actually see Goldson.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
When I watch Bacarri Rambo, I actually see Goldson.
I feel the same when watching Swearinger..lol, we are going through Goldson withdrawls?

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather just draft a guy. I think we're done bringing in veteran WRs now.

Who are some receivers you guys like? I think they are very deep this year, and it's going to be like that draft a few years ago where all those RBs came in and made an impact. 07 maybe?

Keenan Allen
Tavon
DeAndre Hopkins
Cordarrelle Patterson
Marquise Goodwin
Stedman Bailey
Robert Woods
Marquess Wilson
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK. New rule effective immediately: All mocks must include a ******* kicker in the 7th round. That should satisfy everyone.

1. Jesse Williams
2a. Justin Hunter
2b. Barrett Jones
7a. ******* Kicker

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
OK. New rule effective immediately: All mocks must include a ******* kicker in the 7th round. That should satisfy everyone.

1. Jesse Williams
2a. Justin Hunter
2b. Barrett Jones
7a. ******* Kicker
And dont forget Mathieu with our 4th round compensation pick!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And dont forget Mathieu with our 4th round compensation pick!!!
if I wanted a midget with stiff hips, I'd travel to Oz.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Jesse Williams
2a. Justin Hunter
2b. Barrett Jones
7a. ******* Kicker
I just don't see an interior lineman as that high of need. We've drafted guys to develop the last couple years. I think we could use a swing tackle, though.

And I personally like Hunter better than Patterson.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we just signed WR Marlon Moore. So we got crabtree, boldin, manningham, jenkins, williams, lockette, hall, hastings and now moore. hmmmm

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
we just signed WR Marlon Moore. So we got crabtree, boldin, manningham, jenkins, williams, lockette, hall, hastings and now moore. hmmmm
Think we had 14 WRs at the start of last camp. Sounds like as many as 5 more, then.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock draft :

1. desmond trufant - cb

2. jonathan cyprien - s

3. sylvester williams - dt

3. da'rick rogers - wr

3. barrett jones - c

4. vance mcdonald - te

5. aj klien - ilb

5. christine michael - rb

6. brian winters - ot/g

6. matt scots - qb

7. chris jones - dt

7. malliciah goodman - de

7. rex burkhead - rb

7. james wilson - g
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
updated mock draft :

1. desmond trufant - cb

2. jonathan cyprien - s

3. da'rick rogers - wr

3. barrett jones - c

4. vance mcdonald - te

5. aj klien - ilb

6. brian winters - ot/g

6. matt scots - qb

7. chris jones - dt

7. rex burkhead - rb

7. james wilson - g ******* KICKER
All fixed for ya.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
updated mock draft :

1. desmond trufant - cb

2. jonathan cyprien - s

3. da'rick rogers - wr

3. barrett jones - c

4. ******* Tyrann Mathieu - cb

5. aj klien - ilb

6. brian winters - ot/g

6. matt scots - qb

7. chris jones - dt

7. rex burkhead - rb

7. ******* KICKER!!! - k
No no Borat....now, its fixed.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
updated mock draft :

1. desmond trufant - cb

2. jonathan cyprien - s

3. da'rick rogers - wr

3. barrett jones - c

4. vance mcdonald - te

5. aj klien - ilb

6. brian winters - ot/g

6. matt scots - qb

7. chris jones - dt

7. rex burkhead - rb

7. james wilson - g
A lot of good picks in there. Love Trufant, but think he's ultimately gone before pick #31. I'm a fan of Cyprien at #34. Is there supposed to be another "2" in front of Sylvester Williams' name? I like that pick as well. I like Rogers as well in the 3rd. I don't think there is anyway that Jones falls to the 3rd round. Everything else looks pretty solid to me, though I'm not familiar with all the players.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
updated mock draft :

1. desmond trufant - cb

2. jonathan cyprien - s

3. da'rick rogers - wr

3. barrett jones - c

4. vance mcdonald - te

5. aj klien - ilb

6. brian winters - ot/g

6. matt scots - qb

7. chris jones - dt

7. rex burkhead - rb

7. james wilson - g
That's a great draft, very doubtful Barrett would last that long though.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did some film work today and here is what I saw

Johnathan Cyprien - Looked solid in zone coverage even though he didn't do it very much the games I saw. Not a very physical tackler. He played not only in the box but on the LOS in the games I saw. Not very good in man coverage, but I don't think San Fran would ask him to do that much if at all. I don't see a first round pick I see a late second early third could develop into a solid cover FS.

Eric Reid - He was very frustrating to watch. Reid takes HORRIBLE angles at people in the open field which lead to a lot of missed tackles or ugly ones. Looked good in man coverage. I didn't see him drop into cover 1 or cover 2 very much and the times I did the ball never came his way. He could turn into a very good safety if he could get that corrected, but if he gets drafted by the Niners I don't see him contributing much from day 1.

DJ Swearinger - Very unimpressed with this kid. Not a very physical tackler. More often than not it looked like he would shy away from contact and try to grab and wrestle people to the ground. He looked very hesitant in run support. I didn't think he was very solid in coverage either. He looks more like a box SS than a FS.

Bacarii Rambo - LOVED this guy. Very physical tackler. Very good at recognizing his keys and pursuing. Also looked good in coverage. If his personality checks out then he's won my vote to be a Niner.

Jamie Collins - I'm officially on the bandwagon. He was outstanding against the run in every game I saw. Sets the edge well and sheds blocks very well. A little raw as a rush guy. He looks like he has the natural ability to be a solid rush guy but needs to refine his moves and counters a little but the potential is there. In coverage he looked fluid dropping but didn't look like he really understood what to do in with his responsibility (Which can be fixed with coaching). Also saw him playing on special teams which is big for his value. I would have no problem with the Niners taking this guy in the second.

Shamarko Thomas - Also really like this guy. Physical tackler, and seemed to be very solid in both man and zone coverage. Would have no problem with this guy being the pick either.

As far as safety goes I think Thomas, and Rambo are the guys I would want. I really like Elam but I am just really don't know if he would hold up in NFL over a full season at his size.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Somebody rep Menardo for me for sharing that. I like Rambo too (and not just because his name is ******* Rambo), but he's got character issues. Not sure where that leaves him with our front office. The talent is undeniable though.

Also, how awesome is it that, barring trade, we fans will be able to spend the evening after round 1 discussing drafting one of the top few players that fell out of the first. Should make for interesting discussion over night.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then we trade the pick away. With Baalke you never what he is going to pull out of his hat.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Somebody rep Menardo for me for sharing that. I like Rambo too (and not just because his name is ******* Rambo), but he's got character issues. Not sure where that leaves him with our front office. The talent is undeniable though.

Also, how awesome is it that, barring trade, we fans will be able to spend the evening after round 1 discussing drafting one of the top few players that fell out of the first. Should make for interesting discussion over night.
I got the rep for ya. And... can't wait for this draft to get started. About a month to go. I'm so anxious already.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about 90% sure he is going to trade up in round 1
Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
All fixed for ya.
thanks! :)
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
That's a great draft, very doubtful Barrett would last that long though.
i youtubed some of these guys - i think they fit the plan sf has in mind
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm about 90% sure he is going to trade up in round 1
I don't know who he would trade up for though. I don't think any of the guys that would be within reach would be worth trading up for. Vaccaro is a good player but he isn't so can't miss that he'd be worth giving up a lot of picks for.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Rambo is my #1 FS, honestly.

Seriously don't sleep on this guy to mold behind Whitner for a year...

Duke and Rambo in the same secondary... NICE

Last edited by phlysac : 03-21-2013 at 12:15 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance you guys draft EJ Manuel in the 2nd? It's just a weird feeling I have.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote