Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-18-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't want Revis. He wants 16 million a year. This is a guy who complained about his contract a year after he got a 12 million per year extension in 2011. He won't back down from his 15-16 mil per year demands at all.

He wants to test the Market. Just walk away Dom. Walk away and get your guys through the draft and sign a guy like Mike Jenkins and re-up Biggers. Draft Rhodes and we're good.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not getting Revis could help us do several things.

1. Resign Mike Williams.
2. Sign CB Mike Jenkins or Brent Grimes.
3. Re-Sign EJ Biggers.
4. Go after Sebastian Vollmer. He'd complete our offensive line and have a top 5 OLINE in the NFL.
5. Get yourself a veteran pass rusher. Osi and Abraham ring a bell.
6. Sign Sedrick Ellis. Can fill NT depth there.

Draft:

1st: CB Xavier Rhodes FSU: Get your elite CB here in the draft. He's got tremendous upside and can stick 1 on 1 in coverage with

2nd: TE Zach Ertz Stanford: Get another WR threat for Freeman

3rd: DT Bennie Logan LSU: Get that pass rusher next to McCoy

4th: QB Matt Scott Arizona: He's the competition for Freeman

4th: Gerald Hodges LB Penn State: Competition and depth to LB.

5th Round: Terry Hawthorn CB Illinois: Depth to the secondary.

6th Round: Zach Stacey RB Vandy: Depth and possible compliment to Doug Martin

6th Round: Quanterrus Smith DE W. Kentucky: Flyer here. Tore ACL and could begin season on PUP. Add great depth as a pass rusher off the bench.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Actually, Schiano sat and met with Mathieu. Came away impressed and said he saw everything he needed to on tape. In rounds 3/4, the risk becomes lower.
Which could of course mean that he really likes him... or it could mean that he hates him and wants to talk him up so somebody else drafts him... If it's true what he said, then I'm fine, if not and he doesn't draft him, I'm fine... I just know you can't believe anything you here... also, how often has a coach or GM come out and said, "This guy's an idiot, I wouldn't draft him if we had 32 7th round picks. I don't want that turd anywhere near my team."?
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1st: CB Xavier Rhodes FSU: Get your elite CB here in the draft. He's got tremendous upside and can stick 1 on 1 in coverage with

2nd: TE Zach Ertz Stanford: Get another WR threat for Freeman

3rd: DT Bennie Logan LSU: Get that pass rusher next to McCoy

4th: QB Matt Scott Arizona: He's the competition for Freeman

4th: Gerald Hodges LB Penn State: Competition and depth to LB.

5th Round: Terry Hawthorn CB Illinois: Depth to the secondary.

6th Round: Zach Stacey RB Vandy: Depth and possible compliment to Doug Martin

6th Round: Quanterrus Smith DE W. Kentucky: Flyer here. Tore ACL and could begin season on PUP. Add great depth as a pass rusher off the bench.
i think I still prefer Trufant over Rhodes but I wouldn't hate Rhodes at least. I think we actually get one of the 1st round DTs... Lotelelei, Floyd, Richardson.

Ertz is good, but I would actually prefer Vance McDonald a little later.

I don't see Logan as anywhere close to a 3rd rounder, 4th round is pushing it with him.

Matt Scott is interesting... wouldn't hate his selection, wouldn't like it either.

Not sold on Hodges. Just isn't the athlete that Schiano and Co seem to covet. Every LB they sign can run...every LB the team has brought on since Schiano has been aboard has timed less than 4.7. Hodges isn't close.

Didn't like Terry Hawthorne at the Senior Bowl... at round 5 I suppose it would be worth it.

I love Zack Stacy... think he'll be around this long?

Quanterrus Smith... why not?

One guy I am sick of his Stanford's Chase Thomas, the nimrods at Pewter Plank keep mocking him to us... total epitome of the exact opposite of what Schiano wants physically. Big, stiff, slow.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not getting Revis could help us do several things.

1. Resign Mike Williams.
2. Sign CB Mike Jenkins or Brent Grimes.
3. Re-Sign EJ Biggers.
4. Go after Sebastian Vollmer. He'd complete our offensive line and have a top 5 OLINE in the NFL.
5. Get yourself a veteran pass rusher. Osi and Abraham ring a bell.
6. Sign Sedrick Ellis. Can fill NT depth there.

Just signing Revis...... that move..... at around his price...... gets this team to the Salary FLOOR. We are still not at the MINIMUM dollars we need to spend to field a team without getting penalized.

In fact..... it is a total falsity promoting the fact that we could sign Revis OR do all those other moves. Not true. We could do both. Easily. Especially after we just won that case with Eric Wright. We just basically paid Dashon Goldson this year in winning that case.

Mike Williams is a $6m/year WR, and he only needs to be at the table next year... Jenkins/Grimes have baggage, and are basically going to get incentivized contracts, neither of which will be long-term...... Biggers and Ellis can both be had for what we just cut Quincy Black for..... and Vollmer, he'd be a good addition, not sure on his price, but I'd say less than Jake Long just got, so maybe $7m/year..... and Osi/Abraham/Freeney..... short term deal for one of them at $5-7m/year...... that totals roughly $19m on 2013's books.

Revis deal, would only cost $6m for 2013 to whatever team gets him. Jets cover all the accelerated bonuses against their cap this year, even though the payouts come from his new team.

But at this point...... the Revis bait has been laid...... and Dominik is going to wait until next year to go after him. I'd be shocked if Revis gets dealt at all, and if he does, it'll be for peanuts up front, with maybe a second round pick in 2014.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

One minute I think the Revis deal will never get done the next theres no way it doesn't get done, lol. So much misinformation and different views from everyone on this trade, anyone who says one way or the other right now is just guessing.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 03-19-2013 at 10:25 AM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's playing the game. Kinda like poker. As a GM, you gotta set up your moves, thinking months and years into the future with your current decisions and actions.

And sometimes, in trying to decipher what these GM's are doing, you gotta think outside the box.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any suggestions to why we haven't went after Nnamdi? Is he asking for a lot of money or something? I know he was a bad fit for the Philly Defense but I thought that Tampa was trying to bring in some corners who can play well at bump and run and man coverage. This used to be a strength of Nnamdi and while he may not be the CB he was 3 or 4 years ago he can still be a decent addition. Plus he doesn't have the injury concerns of say a Brent Grimes.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Any suggestions to why we haven't went after Nnamdi? Is he asking for a lot of money or something? I know he was a bad fit for the Philly Defense but I thought that Tampa was trying to bring in some corners who can play well at bump and run and man coverage. This used to be a strength of Nnamdi and while he may not be the CB he was 3 or 4 years ago he can still be a decent addition. Plus he doesn't have the injury concerns of say a Brent Grimes.
Nnamdi is terrible... and that assessment has nothing to do with him being a bad fit in Philly. The guy was on the cusp of being labeled a first round bust when he had a breakout season in 2006... And he hasn't done crap in the seven years since.

I would almost... almost prefer to just keep Wright if we're considering Nnamdi. Go with the crap you know, I say. At least then expectations are low and there's nowhere to go but up.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Nnamdi is terrible... and that assessment has nothing to do with him being a bad fit in Philly. The guy was on the cusp of being labeled a first round bust when he had a breakout season in 2006... And he hasn't done crap in the seven years since.

I would almost... almost prefer to just keep Wright if we're considering Nnamdi. Go with the crap you know, I say. At least then expectations are low and there's nowhere to go but up.
He had three very good seasons. I can't remember if 2010 or 2009 was his last good season. But he had entire seasons being targeted less than 40X despite going against other team's #1's and giving up very modest numbers. I know since he went to Philly he has stunk...

I think the biggest thing with him is that he is 31 and probably wants a ton of money that he isn't close to being worth.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Actually, Nnamdi didn't REALLY go against other number 1's, I misremembered, he's always been over at RCB refusing to budge when the number 1 flipped sides. Either way, he was good, really good, for about three years... at RCB only.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There goes EJ Biggers. We def need some CB help now

Redskins signed CB E.J. Biggers.
It's an underrated get for the cap-strapped Redskins. The 6'0/185 Biggers was the lone bright spot in Tampa's rancid secondary last season, grading out as a top-20 coverage corner according to ProFootballFocus. There's also a familiarity in the scheme as former Bucs head coach and current Redskins secondary coach Raheem Morris was with Biggers for his first two NFL seasons. Still just 25 years old, the 2009 seventh-round pick has 24 career starts under his belt. If the Redskins don't bring back free agent DeAngelo Hall, Biggers could be penciled in at left corner.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
There goes EJ Biggers. We def need some CB help now

Redskins signed CB E.J. Biggers.
It's an underrated get for the cap-strapped Redskins. The 6'0/185 Biggers was the lone bright spot in Tampa's rancid secondary last season, grading out as a top-20 coverage corner according to ProFootballFocus. There's also a familiarity in the scheme as former Bucs head coach and current Redskins secondary coach Raheem Morris was with Biggers for his first two NFL seasons. Still just 25 years old, the 2009 seventh-round pick has 24 career starts under his belt. If the Redskins don't bring back free agent DeAngelo Hall, Biggers could be penciled in at left corner.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Doesn't really change anything in my eyes, still need two starting CB's with or without EJ. Gaitor or LJ can step into EJ's spot.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 03-20-2013 at 02:15 PM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

OMG We LOST EJ BIGGERS! He was consistently picked on. Leonard Johnson and Gaitor could fill the 3rd/4th role easily.

We need two starters. I'm still willing to bet we sign Grimes or Mike Jenkins and Draft one very early and one deep into the draft.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMG We LOST EJ BIGGERS! He was consistently picked on. Leonard Johnson and Gaitor could fill the 3rd/4th role easily.

We need two starters. I'm still willing to bet we sign Grimes or Mike Jenkins and Draft one very early and one deep into the draft.
As much as I don't like it, I think it's more likely that the Bucs keep Wright than sign either Grimes or Jenkins.

Brasho, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Nnamdi.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
As much as I don't like it, I think it's more likely that the Bucs keep Wright than sign either Grimes or Jenkins.

Brasho, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Nnamdi.

According to numbers I found, Nnamdi gave up 10 receptions on 27 targets in 2010 with ZERO TDs.

In 2009 he was targeted 27X and gave up 13 receptions.

In 2008 he was targeted 27X (what is up with 27 every year?) and allowed only 8 completions.

In 2007 he was targeted 31X and gave up only 8 receptions.

In 2006, he interepted 8 passes.

That's a pretty good five year stretch.

Now, I can't claim to have watched Nnamdi much during these years I have found the Raiders utterly unwatchable for the past 10 years but his numbers during that 5 year stretch are pretty impressive.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I have to disagree here. Biggers was rarely challenged when on the field. He did a pretty good job this past season of staying with his receivers and playing good coverage. He doesn't make many plays on the ball and he isn't a very good tackler, but he was easily our best cover CB this past season. He gave up about a 93 passer rating on the season, but was usually taking on the other team's toughest option or received little safety help on the #2 (while the #1 was on a diferent CB with a safety over the top).

Last edited by brasho : 03-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Nmadi was a horrible fit in Philadelphia. He's not a zone coverage corner. It just wasn';t a mutual fit scheme wise. I think in man coverage, he'll bounce back. However, I think he re-unites with Rob Ryan in New Orleans.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I have to disagree here. Biggers was rarely challenged when on the field. He did a pretty good job this past season of staying with his receivers and playing good coverage. He doesn't make many plays on the ball and he isn't a very good tackler, but he was easily our best cover CB this past season. He gave up about a 93 passer rating on the season, but was usually taking on the other team's toughest option or received little safety help on the #2 (while the #1 was on a diferent CB with a safety over the top).
Lets also remember Leonard Johnson and Anthony Gorrer were stepping in across from Biggers as well.

Biggers never learned to turn his head around. He's not a good tackler and gives up too many receptions. I'm not sure he can play the slot CB position because He's not a good open field tackler.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nmadi was a horrible fit in Philadelphia. He's not a zone coverage corner. It just wasn';t a mutual fit scheme wise. I think in man coverage, he'll bounce back. However, I think he re-unites with Rob Ryan in New Orleans.
He played in a lot of man coverage in Philly and still stunk.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
According to numbers I found, Nnamdi gave up 10 receptions on 27 targets in 2010 with ZERO TDs.

In 2009 he was targeted 27X and gave up 13 receptions.

In 2008 he was targeted 27X (what is up with 27 every year?) and allowed only 8 completions.

In 2007 he was targeted 31X and gave up only 8 receptions.

In 2006, he interepted 8 passes.

That's a pretty good five year stretch.

Now, I can't claim to have watched Nnamdi much during these years I have found the Raiders utterly unwatchable for the past 10 years but his numbers during that 5 year stretch are pretty impressive.
I knew he was pretty damn good in oakland before he signed with Philly, IF and that's a big if I remember correctly he lead the league with the lowest percentage for completions attempted to his target. I just didn't have the time to look for the stats, thanks Brasho.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I knew he was pretty damn good in oakland before he signed with Philly, IF and that's a big if I remember correctly he lead the league with the lowest percentage for completions attempted to his target. I just didn't have the time to look for the stats, thanks Brasho.
Rob Ryan was his DC in Oakland. I can easily see him going to NEw Orleans.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

On another note, I wish there was some closer to the whole Darrell Revis circus so we can get some closure. I read recently that the Bucs say that money wouldn't be a problem if they trade for him but at the same time that means one of our young players we drafted would be able to walk Freeman, Williams, etc. I'm not sure about the specifics but we have around 26.5 mil right now and signing him to a $13mil/year cuts our number in half.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Instead of trading for Revis and breaking the bank for him, why not sign Dumervil for like $7-$9 mil/year and use him as a complement to our power rushers. Think about that rotation!

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Honestly, I'd love to sign Grimes pursue Dumerville. Then, trade down with the Cowboys and take Trufant at 18.

I know this is sort of a luxury, but if somehow DeAndre Hopkins is there for our 2nd round pick, I'd be extacic to get him. Roddy White 2.0. Polished route runner who can line up outside and in the slot.