Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Filled mine out.. I have MONTANA in the Elite Eight. GO GRIZZLIES!
I picked Montana to beat Syracuse too, but then I read they lost their top scorer. I still have them winning, but I'm not confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Louisville over Miami. I think 10+ teams have a realistic shot at winning this, maybe more.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will sound really lame but here I go:

I have a company march madness bracket to do and I have been delaying due to my lack of knowledge in college basketball.

Anyone with semi decent knowledge in college hoops want to help me with a bracket?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get on here and change my bracket just about everyday. I can already tell this is one of my worst years.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never look back at your bracket. Well, maybe you can if you actually know stuff, but I wouldn't dare do so.

I'm pretty sure I ended up with a 2 against a 1 in the final, which I don't like, but I'm certainly not going to change anything from my first instincts.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Never look back at your bracket. Well, maybe you can if you actually know stuff, but I wouldn't dare do so.

I'm pretty sure I ended up with a 2 against a 1 in the final, which I don't like, but I'm certainly not going to change anything from my first instincts.
I know very little. And I know I'm going with the homer pick for the win, so everything else is just random.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I've gone back to my bracket, the more I've kept the better seeds going deeper into the tournament.

The top tier of college basketball may not have the "elite" teams like we've seen in years past, but we also don't have those second or third tier teams that are of a higher caliber.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering how much the top teams kept consistently losing and moving back and forth out of the top 3/top 5, I think we're gonna see total chaos this year and some team like UConn (4 seed) the other year or Butler those 2 years they went will end up in the finals. No way we see all 1s and 2s in the final 4 IMO.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Considering how much the top teams kept consistently losing and moving back and forth out of the top 3/top 5, I think we're gonna see total chaos this year and some team like UConn (4 seed) the other year or Butler those 2 years they went will end up in the finals. No way we see all 1s and 2s in the final 4 IMO.
I don't know if I see anyone below the four line that has a special player/team to carry them deep into the tourney.

Creighton has McDermott, but they'd have to get through Duke, Michigan State and possibly Louisville to get to a Final Four.

Wisconsin has beaten both Indiana and Michigan twice this year so they've proven they can play with the big boys, but their offense is too inconsistent to project a deep run.

Butler doesn't have a Matt Howard or Gordon Hayward on this year's squad, and I think they'll have a hard enough time getting past Bucknell.

VCU possibly has the greatest chance of anyone, but beating Michigan in Auburn Hills and then following that up with a win against Kansas is something I can't see the current Smart squad doing.

Of course most of the surprising runs really come out of nowhere, but I don't see any recipe of talent on the lower seeds to brew up a deep run.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is definitely the most chalked bracket I've had in years.

I just did not see many upsets. You know they will be there, but I'm just not seeing them everytime I look. I'm officially done changing my bracket and locked in.

A lot of chalk picks. Yikes.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't know if I see anyone below the four line that has a special player/team to carry them deep into the tourney.

Creighton has McDermott, but they'd have to get through Duke, Michigan State and possibly Louisville to get to a Final Four.

Wisconsin has beaten both Indiana and Michigan twice this year so they've proven they can play with the big boys, but their offense is too inconsistent to project a deep run.

Butler doesn't have a Matt Howard or Gordon Hayward on this year's squad, and I think they'll have a hard enough time getting past Bucknell.

VCU possibly has the greatest chance of anyone, but beating Michigan in Auburn Hills and then following that up with a win against Kansas is something I can't see the current Smart squad doing.

Of course most of the surprising runs really come out of nowhere, but I don't see any recipe of talent on the lower seeds to brew up a deep run.
I see a bunch of upsets, not necessarily any one small team plowing through. There is bound to be a George Mason/VCU/Butler type team, there usually is. But I don't see Gonzaga going far at all, Indiana keeps tripping up and is bound to get upset before they reach the final four IMO...Florida is ripe for an upset too, they seem to get a lot of love. Ohio State isn't a good shooting team and someone like New Mexico or Wisconsin could emerge from the West. Duke, Michigan, and Georgetown are teams I see as sure things to lose before the final four too.

I could see Louisville and Miami holding on, MAYBE Indiana finally puts it together and makes it out of their bracket, but I really think that we will see one 1-seed and one 2-seed maybe, with the rest being 3 or below in the final four. There are no elite teams this year, and all the top "good" teams keep getting upset throughout the season like we've never seen before, expect chaos this year with so little seperation in quality between the 1s and the 3/4 seeds.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my lowest final four seed is 5 (VCU)... I have Kansas losing to UNC and the Heels going down to VCU. Florida vs VCU in the elite eight with VCU moving on because Florida looked miserable against the press against Ole Miss and we have guards that aren't particularly good decision makers
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
my lowest final four seed is 5 (VCU)... I have Kansas losing to UNC and the Heels going down to VCU. Florida vs VCU in the elite eight with VCU moving on because Florida looked miserable against the press against Ole Miss and we have guards that aren't particularly good decision makers
I'm rolling with Florida to the elite 8 but have them losing to Kansas.

I stared at Kansas-UNC for a little but I couldn't convince myself that UNC could play with them for 40 minutes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I'm rolling with Florida to the elite 8 but have them losing to Kansas.

I stared at Kansas-UNC for a little but I couldn't convince myself that UNC could play with them for 40 minutes.
I think the small UNC lineup can play with anyone for 40 minutes. they play a lot like ISU (ok, not THAT many 3's) but are much better on the offensive glass and the Cyclones gave Kansas a ton of trouble this season
Old 03-20-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love if it got to a UNC-Michigan game, but my main reason for not picking Kansas would be "**** Kansas"
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
This is definitely the most chalked bracket I've had in years.

I just did not see many upsets. You know they will be there, but I'm just not seeing them everytime I look. I'm officially done changing my bracket and locked in.

A lot of chalk picks. Yikes.
like i said, if you paid attention to college basketball this year then you know there probably will be more upsets than ever. CHAOS!!*!*!*$*!$!#@
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
like i said, if you paid attention to college basketball this year then you know there probably will be more upsets than ever. CHAOS!!*!*!*$*!$!#@
I think the "chaos" will be that the good seeds actually play up to their spots, and they won't lose as much as some are expecting.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
I think the "chaos" will be that the good seeds actually play up to their spots, and they won't lose as much as some are expecting.
I think Kansas and Miami are the most vulnerable highly seeded teams which is why I have both making early exits. I also think New Mexico is WAY over-seeded. they seem very similar to Wisconsin... but not as good
Old 03-20-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So the chaos will be that there is no chaos??? o_O
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
So the chaos will be that there is no chaos??? o_O
Exactly...

Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's nothing unique about my bracket.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I think Kansas and Miami are the most vulnerable highly seeded teams which is why I have both making early exits. I also think New Mexico is WAY over-seeded. they seem very similar to Wisconsin... but not as good
New Mexico isn't as good as Wisconsin? I love what this Badger team has been able to do this year without Josh Gasser, but they're not nearly as talented as teams they've had recently.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh it would not suprise me one bit if my bracket gets ruined by the first weekend.

As PF noted, I just feel like chalk wins this year everytime I looked at the matchups. That leads to a very boring bracket fill out...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
There's nothing unique about my bracket.

Me after I realized I chalked my bracket ....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
New Mexico isn't as good as Wisconsin? I love what this Badger team has been able to do this year without Josh Gasser, but they're not nearly as talented as teams they've had recently.
I just mean great defense ok offense. I think NM's offensive stats are also kind of inflated by playing mostly weaker defenses. I have Arizona beating them