Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I enjoyed Sports Night more too, personally.

As far as Sorkin shows go that I've seen, I'd probably rate them:

Sports Night
West Wing
Newsroom
I rate them the same and agree completely with your assessment of The West Wing as a B show. It is certainly good and better than most shows but it never blew me away.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first season of Sports Night was annoying. They forced him to use a laugh track and it felt off. The second was great though.

And I do watch The Following. I like it, but I don't think it's the best show on TV. It is damn entertaining though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The first season of Sports Night was annoying. They forced him to use a laugh track and it felt off. The second was great though.

And I do watch The Following. I like it, but I don't think it's the best show on TV. It is damn entertaining though.
Yeah second season was fantastic.

And I'm not saying West Wing is bad by any means. I like the show a lot. But would I say it's the best show I've ever seen? Probably not. It's not A+++++ like Zak said to me.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick was great as usual last night. Love his character.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick really is amazing. Although I'm a little worried about this hwole nick and jess thing, if they're gunna do it, go it quickly and don't let it drag on. In a perfect world they'd have nick and jess give it a shot and it be so painfully awkward that they both realize it can't work.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Nick really is amazing. Although I'm a little worried about this hwole nick and jess thing, if they're gunna do it, go it quickly and don't let it drag on. In a perfect world they'd have nick and jess give it a shot and it be so painfully awkward that they both realize it can't work.
I think it's going to drag a little and then hit a crazy moment near the finale. I think it's still funny right now so I don't mind it at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think it's going to drag a little and then hit a crazy moment near the finale. I think it's still funny right now so I don't mind it at all.
I've got an open mind cause this show has not let me down yet, the wedding episode is still one of the funniest episodes of any show ever, and Nick, Schmidt, Winston, Jess and Cici are all amazing characters.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I've got an open mind cause this show has not let me down yet, the wedding episode is still one of the funniest episodes of any show ever, and Nick, Schmidt, Winston, Jess and Cici are all amazing characters.
It reminds me of Parks a little with the jump it took from Season 1 to Season 2. I thought it was ok last year but nothing great but this year has really turned out great. The characters are much better and have all made have their own niche like Swanson and Haverford made the jump. Jess was a little annoying like Knope but they made the main female lead tons better. All in all I'm happy I continued to watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It reminds me of Parks a little with the jump it took from Season 1 to Season 2. I thought it was ok last year but nothing great but this year has really turned out great. The characters are much better and have all made have their own niche like Swanson and Haverford made the jump. Jess was a little annoying like Knope but they made the main female lead tons better. All in all I'm happy I continued to watch.
I don't agree with that at all, I've loved this show from day one, and some of my favorite episodes are still from season 1, although this season has been phenomenal as well. I do agree with you on Parks as I wasn't as impressed by season 1, but New Girl hit the ground running.

PS love seeing TO on Go On, he's so awesome and loveable.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have they dialed back all the annoying singing and just general annoyingness of Jess' character? I actually liked parts of it but gave up after a half dozen episodes of season one because I just couldn't take anymore of her character? I'd be willing to give it another shot if what you described is true.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Have they dialed back all the annoying singing and just general annoyingness of Jess' character? I actually liked parts of it but gave up after a half dozen episodes of season one because I just couldn't take anymore of her character? I'd be willing to give it another shot if what you described is true.
I don't think she is as annoying as last year but she still does her quirky random stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watch the premier of Bates Motel? I enjoyed it. They definitely included a bunch of the creepiness of the mother and the Oedipus complex of Norman. There were a few issues.

1. I thought it was supposed to take place like 50 years ago. A lot of the people look like they are out of the 60s. But they have iPhones. SO it kind of confused me.

2. The kid who plays Norman Bates isn't great with the American accent. It isn't always bad, but sometimes I could hear his British accent sneaking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished season 7 of Supernatural today. Didn't know it was on Netflix! Usually just watch the daily marathons every morning on TNT, but decided to spoil myself after recovering from wisdom teeth shenanigans. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Finished season 7 of Supernatural today. Didn't know it was on Netflix! Usually just watch the daily marathons every morning on TNT, but decided to spoil myself after recovering from wisdom teeth shenanigans. :)
Well played sir.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Anyone watch the premier of Bates Motel? I enjoyed it. They definitely included a bunch of the creepiness of the mother and the Oedipus complex of Norman. There were a few issues.

1. I thought it was supposed to take place like 50 years ago. A lot of the people look like they are out of the 60s. But they have iPhones. SO it kind of confused me.

2. The kid who plays Norman Bates isn't great with the American accent. It isn't always bad, but sometimes I could hear his British accent sneaking out.
I watched and enjoyed it. I also thought that it was going to be based decades ago but other than that, thought it was pretty good.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone been watch watching the new show on the History Channel on Sunday nights, "Vikings"

I like all that historical stuff with the Vikings and their voyages - and have found it pretty good so far through 3 episodes.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking for a new 30 minute show to start watching. Comedy or drama. I'm already watching Parks, New Girl, and Community. Any suggestions?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I'm looking for a new 30 minute show to start watching. Comedy or drama. I'm already watching Parks, New Girl, and Community. Any suggestions?
Archer is high for me. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a good 30 minute Drama.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Off the top of my head The League, Archer, It's Always Sunny, Arrested Development, Workaholics, Undeclared, South Park. I am sure you watch most of them but whichever ones you haven't, ******* watch them.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Workaholics a go if you find stupidity funny.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better Off Ted
Party Down
Happy Endings
Misfits(might be an hour, cant remember)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Better Off Ted
Party Down
Happy Endings
Misfits(might be an hour, cant remember)
Totally forgot about party down. What a great show. With a Veronica Mars movie happening here's hoping that a Party Down movie happens one day too.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I have seen the League, Sunny, South Park, Workaholics, and like half of Archer. Surprisingly I haven't seen Arrested Development, so considering that along with Undeclared from Gonzo. All of fenikz's suggestions look great as well. A tough choice!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Yea, I have seen the League, Sunny, South Park, Workaholics, and like half of Archer. Surprisingly I haven't seen Arrested Development, so considering that along with Undeclared from Gonzo. All of fenikz's suggestions look great as well. A tough choice!
Arrested Development is being brought back by Netflix in the next couple months so now is the perfect time to watch. It is my favorite comedy of all time though not for everyone.

Undeclared is just one season but it is a really enjoyable show.

All of Fenikz' suggestions are good.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good looking, rich, famous, etc...of course he has a huge dick.

Quote:
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm’s private parts are causing a stir. Again. An AMC insider tells Confidenti@l that during filming of the sixth season of the hit show — when the ’60s-style clothing was a tight fit — Hamm was politely instructed by a staffer at the network to please wear underwear while shooting his scenes.
Quote:
"This season takes place in the 1960s, where the pants are very tight and leave little to the imagination,” a source tells us. “Jon’s impressive anatomy is so distracting that they politely insisted on underwear.” Our insider says that during seasons one and two, AMC’s marketing team even had to do some Photoshop magic on promotional booklets that went out to press in order to make his privates more, well, private.
Quote:
Especially causing a giggle for the crew were scenes shot in Hawaii, where Hamm lounges around sipping a cocktail in tiny shorts that leave little to the imagination. “His privates are the inside joke,” says our source, who adds that Hamm “knows what he’s got.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2O5hVjK00
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote