Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
It is the recruiting class, and the fact that they will be returing 3 top players from this squad...Cauley Stein, Poythress, and Goodwin.

And when was the last time that happened??? Oh 2 years ago, when they brought in a top class and still had Terrence Jones,Teague, and Miller returning from the previous year.
all three of those guys could easily be top 20 picks in the NBA draft, I don't think there's any way they stay with the incoming talent and what happened to Nerlens. they have absolutely nothing to gain by staying... they're all going to lose a good portion of their playing time and they'll be at risk of injury before getting paid.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
all three of those guys could easily be top 20 picks in the NBA draft, I don't think there's any way they stay with the incoming talent and what happened to Nerlens. they have absolutely nothing to gain by staying... they're all going to lose a good portion of their playing time and they'll be at risk of injury before getting paid.
Poythress and Goodwin I would bet on coming back for sure.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poythress and Goodwin I would bet on coming back for sure.
no way. Kentucky is bringing in 5 or 6 players in the top 20, 3 of them guards, 2 forwards and 1 center. all three of those guys can kiss their playing time goodbye if they stay
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
no way. Kentucky is bringing in 5 or 6 players in the top 20, 3 of them guards, 2 forwards and 1 center. all three of those guys can kiss their playing time goodbye if they stay
Why would their playing time go away? You're assuming that the new guys will be better, and they haven't even stepped foot on campus yet.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Polythress has a good chance of being a lottery pick. I don't know why anyone would say he's staying.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Why would their playing time go away? You're assuming that the new guys will be better, and they haven't even stepped foot on campus yet.
well considering there are 3 guards and 2 forwards, all of whom are ranked inside the top 20, there is going to be a lot of playing time spread around. a guard that gets 32 mpg right now is definitely not going to see that much next year
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always enjoy when people think that a good womens team could compete with a mens team. Griner is probably the most dominant female college basketball player of all time. She would be a pretty bad big in the mens.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-20-2013 at 08:58 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I always enjoy when people think that a good womens team could compete with a mens team. Griner is probably the most dominant female college basketball player of all time. She would be a pretty bad big in the mens.
Worse than Eddy Curry and Kwame Brown.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this year, the 13s are the new 12s.

And watch the 2-15 games. I expect at least three of them to be fairly competitive.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think this year, the 13s are the new 12s.

And watch the 2-15 games. I expect at least three of them to be fairly competitive.
I think people are on #2 Seed alert watch after what happened last year with Mizzou and Duke.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Iowa women's team would frequently scrimmage and practice plays against random guys at our field house and lose more than 50% of the time. So ya, there's no doubt in my mind that top women's teams would get destroyed by any in the field of 68.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The Iowa women's team would frequently scrimmage and practice plays against random guys at our field house and lose more than 50% of the time. So ya, there's no doubt in my mind that top women's teams would get destroyed by any in the field of 68.
I think most D2 mens teams would run the table in the womens bracket.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

so, uh.. La Salle looks pretty good
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'm liking the explorers
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I'm liking the explorers
La Salle has been solid all year and was looking forward to who their matchup would be, but once I saw play-in and then possibly K-State, I didn't like the idea.

Now - Not so sure.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

La Salle is definately looking pretty good. I'm not getting sucked into the New Mexico hype on here. Think they'll be out before elite eight.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
La Salle is definately looking pretty good. I'm not getting sucked into the New Mexico hype on here. Think they'll be out before elite eight.
I got Sweet 16 but I can see them going down to Arizona in round of 32.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

as I already said I have La Salle beating KState in the first round, though I possibly like Boise State even more as they're a surprisingly strong rebounding team. either way, the Wildcats don't have the size to take advantage of La Salle and BSU small lineups so it should be close
Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

March Madness has officially arrived for the real Round 1.

Mich St-Valpo kicking it off first today! Woot!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
March Madness has officially arrived for the real Round 1.

Mich St-Valpo kicking it off first today! Woot!
The real first round is right, they need to call it that. It gets so confusing when you're talking to people about it and you have to call it the second round when really it's not haha. And I'm just gonna take a swing but I'll say Harvard beats NM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The real first round is right, they need to call it that. It gets so confusing when you're talking to people about it and you have to call it the second round when really it's not haha. And I'm just gonna take a swing but I'll say Harvard beats NM.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have a better chance of playing in the NBA.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oklahoma state over oregon

LEBRYAN NASH WILL FINALLY STOP BEING A BELOW AVERAGE PLAYER

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
oklahoma state over oregon

LEBRYAN NASH WILL FINALLY STOP BEING A BELOW AVERAGE PLAYER
If Marcus Smart dominates, Oregon has 0 chance. He doesn't always dominate though, so this game worries me.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Marcus Smart dominates, Oregon has 0 chance. He doesn't always dominate though, so this game worries me.
It was a difficult pick. We'll see.

Also, there's no ******* commentary on CBS for MSU-Valpo, pretty sweet.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote