Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-21-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs offseason has sucked, but I'm on board with the decision to trade Albert. In theory, I like the idea of saving money, avoiding a potentially regrettable long term contract, getting a second for a player you don't want to keep long term and replacing him with a cheaper, better long term LT when there's nothing else deemed worthy of the #1 pick. In theory, that all checks out with me. In practice, they traded two second rounders for Alex Smith, so.....yeah.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really hope it's for more than a second. Ugh. This offseason has been so stupid and ridiculous that it's hard to believe it has actually happened.
Trust in the Walrus!
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Trust in the Walrus!
You mean like we trusted in Pioli?
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other then giving up to much for Smith I don't have a problem with what the Chiefs have done in FA.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Other then giving up to much for Smith I don't have a problem with what the Chiefs have done in FA.
You'll have Dunta Robinson soon enough. I know you guys needed the depth, but there were many better options available still left and much cheaper, I'd put money on the line that will go down as a terrible signing but at least the need was there so I can't knock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You'll have Dunta Robinson soon enough. I know you guys needed the depth, but there were many better options available still left and much cheaper, I'd put money on the line that will go down as a terrible signing but at least the need was there so I can't knock it.
He isn't going to start unless maybe it's at FS. Brandon Flowers and Sean Smith will be the starting CB's. I know Sean Smith isn't great either but he is a hell of alot better then anything else they had at #2 CB this last season.

Donnie Avery brings MUCH needed speed to the WR's and Anthony Fasano brings depth to the TE's.

I'm not trying to say they killed it in FA by any means. I just don't think it's as bad as some are making it out to be.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I think the Chiefs have an excellent shot at 10 wins if their schedule isn't a killer.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Albert and Winston at LT and RT were very good due, two good players still in their prime. Are those guys not good enough to win? I mean really....They sure weren't the reason KC was a 2 win team... I am very confused on why Andy already booted Winston who actually signed a fair contract last off-season and now wants to move Albert? very strange.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think the Chiefs have an excellent shot at 10 wins if their schedule isn't a killer.
Schedule is already set.
NFC east, afc south, 2x afc west and bills and browns. About as easy as it gets.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope it's for more than a second. Ugh. This offseason has been so stupid and ridiculous that it's hard to believe it has actually happened.
If Brandon Albert doesn't bring at least the same compensation as Alex Smith then something is really wrong in china town.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
If Brandon Albert doesn't bring at least the same compensation as Alex Smith then something is really wrong in china town.
Branden Albert has a 1 yr fully guaranteed contract for almost 10 mil. Alex smith's contract is 2 years for around 6-7 and is a much more valuable position. Albert's trade value is clearly less than smiths. It's not just the player you're trading for its the contract. I'd be surprised if Albert netted a 1st round pick
Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Branden Albert has a 1 yr fully guaranteed contract for almost 10 mil. Alex smith's contract is 2 years for around 6-7 and is a much more valuable position. Albert's trade value is clearly less than smiths. It's not just the player you're trading for its the contract. I'd be surprised if Albert netted a 1st round pick
But you should be able to negotiate that to 7-8 million rather easily and then you get a pro bowl caliber LT as opposed to a median at best QB.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
But you should be able to negotiate that to 7-8 million rather easily and then you get a pro bowl caliber LT as opposed to a median at best QB.
You can't renogotiate a 1 yr fully guaranteed contract. You'd have to sign him to an extension. Considering his back issues, a team would be wise not to commit much money to him
Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
You can't renogotiate a 1 yr fully guaranteed contract. You'd have to sign him to an extension. Considering his back issues, a team would be wise not to commit much money to him
He doesn't have back issues. He had a back injury. That doesn't mean he has issues.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
I thought Albert and Winston at LT and RT were very good due, two good players still in their prime. Are those guys not good enough to win? I mean really....They sure weren't the reason KC was a 2 win team... I am very confused on why Andy already booted Winston who actually signed a fair contract last off-season and now wants to move Albert? very strange.
It's Andy Reid. He likes ******* with the OL and doesn't seem to understand that you need more athletic linemen if you're going to pass as much as he does. They spent ask their time this off-season ******* with the one part of the team that was set for the next 5+ years.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He doesn't have back issues. He had a back injury. That doesn't mean he has issues.
Whatever. A back injury is a back issue for most people.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's Andy Reid. He likes ******* with the OL and doesn't seem to understand that you need more athletic linemen if you're going to pass as much as he does. They spent ask their time this off-season ******* with the one part of the team that was set for the next 5+ years.
This is something I never understood with him. You are right, he would do better with highly athletic lineman, but that's the opposite of what he acquires outside of their LT of course. Then he lessens the value of the big lineman he has when he chooses to pass the ball inside the 10 yard line. But people here think he's a genius.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
tjjohnson98
Rookie

tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Schefter just tweeted that the "Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert"

That makes it a little more palatable, unless the 2014 pick is a 7th or something. I may be selling Albert short, but I don't think they'll find a team willing to do that. Although, because I said it won't happen, the chances of it happening just went up exponentially.
tjjohnson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjohnson98 View Post
Schefter just tweeted that the "Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert"

That makes it a little more palatable, unless the 2014 pick is a 7th or something. I may be selling Albert short, but I don't think they'll find a team willing to do that. Although, because I said it won't happen, the chances of it happening just went up exponentially.
I don't many teams taking that deal. The Rams had two first rounders and needed a tackle- they signed Jack Long. The Bears signed Jermon Bushrod. I don't see them and division rival San Diego doing business. They may have a legit with the Dolphins. If it's not the Dolphins, who is going to pick Brandon Albert for even a 2nd round pick alone?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I don't many teams taking that deal. The Rams had two first rounders and needed a tackle- they signed Jack Long. The Bears signed Jermon Bushrod. I don't see them and division rival San Diego doing business. They may have a legit with the Dolphins. If it's not the Dolphins, who is going to pick Brandon Albert for even a 2nd round pick alone?
This is a great question. One of the teams that needs a LT the most is in the same division and I don't know if the Chargers and Chiefs are likely to find themselves as trading partners.

On the other hand, a team in need of a LT may find themselves in the 2nd round staring down a group of LTs that don't grade out as highly as Albert that is a team that may take the bait.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another problem is that 9.8 million cap hit after the start of free agency.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
back injuries tend to linger for a long time. I am still surprised that Gronkowski was able to get to such an elite level with his back injury, but he is younger, but I won't be surprised if he has problems in the future. They after surgery most people are good to go for about 5 years before problems start again. I don't know what the deal is with Albert's back but I'd wouldn't rule it out being a problem getting close to 30.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Whatever. A back injury is a back issue for most people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
back injuries tend to linger for a long time. I don't know what the deal is with Albert's back but I'd wouldn't rule it out being a problem getting close to 30.
Lets clear some stuff up. Albert claims that he had "back spasms." Non-Factitious back pain can be caused by soft tissue (muscle, nerve, vascular) or hard tissue (bone).

Back spasms are a problem (either directly or indirectly) with soft tissue. An X-ray can diagnose problems with hard tissue while MRI can help diagnose problems with soft tissue.

Once again, there is no indication that this is a chronic condition. The fact that he improved with rest points to the fact that he likely has "simple back pain" which is the cause of 60% of back pain. Attached are some differential diagnosis from uptodate (link 1, 2) so please stop with the mis-information.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Albert and hope he can stay a Chief but if KC can get a 2nd this year and another pick for him for next year, then do the deal. You recoup the Alex Smith trade basically, you end up drafting his replacement at 1.1 and your free to be able to get creative with a 2nd round pick again.

One thing to bring up on Albert and injuries in general. He has had only one year (2011) where he has played all 16 games. He has been in the league since 2008 and normally misses 1-2 ballgames a year.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asked if Foles couldve been Chiefs QB under a different situation,Reid: "I had my eyes on Alex when I took the job." Only starter he pursued

sure does sound like Reid wanted Alex Smith before even evaluating any of the QBs in the 2013 class.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote