Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright so I made some changes... mostly to appease some complaints but whatever. here are explanations for any of the more interesting ones...

11. San Diego Chargers:
DT Star Lotulelei -> WR Tavon Austin
- the Chargers offense has slowly lost pieces of their once potent offense and after losing Vincent Jackson and Darren Sproles in the past two off-seasons, they need someone to make plays. also, there is a trade down here with the Saints, in theory, because I can't imagine a scenario where the Bolts don't take Lotulelei unless they get offered some extra picks.

14. Carolina Panthers:
WR Tavon Austin -> DT Sheldon Richardson
- again, this is partially contingent on some sort of trade because for athletic as Richardson is, Lotulelei is every bit as explosive and there is no reason to take Richardson over Star

15. New Orleans Saints:
DT Sheldon Richardson -> DT Star Lotulelei
- now Saints fans don't have to crucify me for the Richardson pick because they get Lotulelei. if you criticize me about me saying the Saints are trading up to get Star I will make a mock draft every week and mock Sheldon Richardson to the Saints every ******* time.

20. Chicago Bears:
LB Arthur Brown -> CB Xavier Rhodes
- this is because the Bears guy suggested it. and now I am not somehow insulting you by suggesting that your overrated draft crush could ever fall to New England

22. St. Louis Rams:
DB Jon Cyprien -> TE Tyler Eifert
- domino effect from the Cincy swap. I know the Rams just blew their load on Jared Cook's new contract but the two tight-end sets are all the rage in the NFL and Cook spent a lot of time out wide for the Titans last season anyway. these two would give Bradford mismatches and safety blanket galore

26. Green Bay Packers:
TE Tyler Eifert -> RB Eddie Lacy
- domino effect again. Pack are holding on to Finley and could use help at RB. Green Bay is usually good at drafting for value and I actually think Lacy is a high-tier prospect, just playing a position with a low shelf-life. fits a need for the Packers too.

29. New England Patriots:
DB Xavier Rhodes -> DB Jamar Taylor
- for some reason I see this pick a lot and I slotted Rhodes to the Bears already. no longer a nightmare for you folk, Patriots don't get Rhodes. phew

Last edited by sbh15 : 03-21-2013 at 11:35 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
I mean do people actually watch Rhodes play or just gawk over his size and speed. He has major technique problems and should be no more than a late first round pick. The people mocking him at 12 or so are crazy and would be taking a big chance on him that high. He needs major refinement. I agree with the OP on him going around 20 something
I agree with this line of thought. He has jumped crazy high in a lot of mocks recently. I still think he's a guy that ultimately gets drafted in the 20's.

Williams is a good pick for the 49ers.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stars an actual NT, so its a good pick. Also, what do you mean about trading up?

Btw, it doesnt matter if you mock a pick to us or not, its not like itll hurt anyone....
Old 03-22-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Stars an actual NT, so its a good pick. Also, what do you mean about trading up?

Btw, it doesnt matter if you mock a pick to us or not, its not like itll hurt anyone....
Im saying that every change i made pretty much is predicated on the saints theoretically moving up for lotulelei, i just didnt want to work out any details

And you and wicket both seemed to take personal offense to the fact that i mocked new orleans richardson- in fact your words were "Please explain how Richardson will be used when our two best defensive players are our starting 3-4 ends", as if i had some grand scheme to convince your gm to take richardson and ruin your draft when in fact I was just unaware thar NO was moving to a 3-4 - so dont act like youre above being annoyed it
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great first round for the Vikings.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote