Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Strikeout rate has risen 3 years in a row ...
From a 4.65 to a 5.46. Less than 1 batter per game. Still putrid and I like Porcello. From Jersey and grew up a Mets fan.

*Cue Jug with snarky Mets comment. "No wonder why he sucks, should have been a Yanks fan."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
From a 4.65 to a 5.46. Less than 1 batter per game. Still putrid and I like Porcello. From Jersey and grew up a Mets fan.

*Cue Jug with snarky Mets comment. "No wonder why he sucks, should have been a Yanks fan."
NO, I would never do that. Just remember everytime he pitches this year, that Matt Harvey was a huge Yankees fan.

Let Porcello just do what he does. Grounds ball are fine. You can win a ton of game by keeping the ball on the ground and in the park. See Chien-Ming Wang. And I'm still convinced he got injured because the whole strike out thing got to everyone and he started throwing too many sliders.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Brodie is saying he's getting the grounders but his crappy IF defense doesn't get to enough of them which is true. If he continues that he'll need to go to a team with a better defense.

I've always known Harvey was a Yanks fan. Don't care as he's going to rock my world this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Brodie is saying he's getting the grounders but his crappy IF defense doesn't get to enough of them which is true. If he continues that he'll need to go to a team with a better defense.

I've always known Harvey was a Yanks fan. Don't care as he's going to rock my world this year.
Agreed. And you can be jealous he's on my team. I expect big things for him. So if the Mets win all of his starts, they will only need around 35 victories in games pitched by others to approach your 70.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Agreed. And you can be jealous he's on my team. I expect big things for him. So if the Mets win all of his starts, they will only need around 35 victories in games pitched by others to approach your 70.
haha pretty much. Wheeler will get 12 and ROY don't forget. That leaves the rest for Niese.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
haha pretty much. Wheeler will get 12 and ROY don't forget. That leaves the rest for Niese.
So I'll have 75% of the Mets victories on my team. That and $2 might get me a ticket to one of their games.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So I'll have 75% of the Mets victories on my team. That and $2 might get me a ticket to one of their games.
Certainly won't give you a top 3 finish in this league with the rest of your team looking the way it is. Also answer your PM.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did somebody say ...

Quote:
I select ... Jon Niese, SP

Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Does Yoda have like 15 Cards on his team?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I count only 8.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably, but Yoda doesn't even have the good ones.

I have Taveras, Carpenter and Wainwright. D has Miller. Brodeur has Freese and Motte.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably, but Yoda doesn't even have the good ones.

I have Taveras, Carpenter and Wainwright. D has Miller. Brodeur has Freese and Motte.
Holliday, Craig, and Molina are good......
Old 03-22-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Text me when I am on the clock again, or just take some1 for me, like Jon Jay...
Old 03-22-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maxi, Maxi, Maxi..... come out, come out, wherever you are....
Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Maxi, Maxi, Maxi..... come out, come out, wherever you are....
I texted him an hour ago.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I texted him an hour ago.
Me too. I hate how he holds up the draft so often.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just skip him. Most of these picks are going to be cut in the first few weeks anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What's the rush? It's not like we won't finish in time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There isn't. I just don't think anyone really cares that much about their last two picks.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Max just asked to be skipped.

Prince is on the clock.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There isn't. I just don't think anyone really cares that much about their last two picks.
I'm hoping a few players drop to me. Some good value out there still.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What's the rush? It's not like we won't finish in time.
Best line everzzzzz.

Let's be honest here. Max hates his team, even with the supplemental pick he got. I wouldn't care about this draft either if I had to field his squad. This league has 3-4 guys ... you can stretch it to 5 if you reaaaaally want to, who have a chance to win. We won't ever start over (at least I don't see it) and we don't have enough keepers to ever develop prospects (like a true dynasty league would) and we keep too many players to give every guy a chance to compete every year. Since this isn't a dynasty league, I think we should keep LESS than 12 guys, but that's just my opinion. It should be around 3-5 keepers in this format.

It's like we're trying to act like this is a dynasty league, without the proper design in place for it, so instead we call it a keeper league... but we keep too many guys that already creates a large separation from the start. Supplemental 1st round picks is admittance of that. But the rich like to stay rich and throw the dogs a bone just to keep them interested.

I'm not complaining... I like my team a lot. But shall we just tell Max, "Thanks for playing" now?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
But the rich like to stay rich and throw the dogs a bone just to keep them interested.
Psh...I was fine with a restart. I'd just draft a better team again and keep beating that ass.

It has nothing to do with format. Some people are good at fantasy sports and some people aren't. That's why I wanted a league with 8 owners and limited roster spots. You can assume that getting bigger will make it more competitive, but it never, ever does.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I disagree with all of that. You can turn yourself around in this league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Psh...I was fine with a restart. I'd just draft a better team again and keep beating that ass.

It has nothing to do with format. Some people are good at fantasy sports and some people aren't. That's why I wanted a league with 8 owners and limited roster spots. You can assume that getting bigger will make it more competitive, but it never, ever does.
Might just be the underlying truth right there.
Closed Thread