Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a very good workout yesterday doing a scaled version of a recent CrossFit WOD:

50 pushups
500 meter row
40 pushups
1000 meter row
30 pushups
2000 meter row

Only takes like 15-20 minutes. I ended up jogging for another 20 minutes after that. Great workout that involves a lot of different muscles. Rowing machines are great tools.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rowing machines are the ******* greatest. Great thing to start with on back day or if you're recovering from an injury.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Rowing machines are the ******* greatest. Great thing to start with on back day or if you're recovering from an injury.
Yep, I also find light rowing to be a great tool for warming up or to loosen up when my upper body is feeiing sore and tight.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last two pages are just filled with underrated workouts. I get on the rowing machine everyday before workouts to warm up...gets all your muscles going, love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a heads up, Amazon will be having a week-long sale of supplements, you can order one deal a day, or something like that.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=6436491011

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys say that ON 100% Whey Gold Standard is worth the extra money than say, EAS Whey Protein?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Would you guys say that ON 100% Whey Gold Standard is worth the extra money than say, EAS Whey Protein?
Last time I had EAS, it didn't dissolve very well (4-5 years ago). They may have fixed it by now.

The only noticeable difference between the top brands will be the flavor, dissolution, and little extras they toss in (proteases, probiotics etc).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard from somewhere (I don't remember if it was a reputable source as it was a couple years ago) that EAS is pretty much the worst because of some additives they use.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I'm using this one right now and I really like it. Very easy to mix and the flavor is pretty good (vanilla ice cream, better with milk than water though).

Also, any tips for speeding up lower back recovery? I've had a lingering pain there for about a week now, gradually subsiding, but annoying.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Foam rolling for lower back pain. Also, some lightweight recovery exercise wouldn't hurt.....band good mornings are my favorite for lower back.....gets the blood flowing. Sex is also a pretty solid recovery workout, more for the glutes and hamstrings, but still....some additional motivation to go get laid.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Also, any tips for speeding up lower back recovery? I've had a lingering pain there for about a week now, gradually subsiding, but annoying.
Stretch your hamstrings frequently. I have had horrible lower back problems the last couple years going through baseball and even now that I'm done. Been in out of physical therapy for it more than I'd like. Foam rolling is a great one, as Rob mentioned.

If you get a chance

cat-camel stretch is a good warm up for your back, so are fire hydrants or donkey kicks if you are familiar with any of these.

laying on your back, grab both knees and pull to your chest, hold for about 5-10 seconds and do that about 10-15 times.

Doing a "cobra pose" which you find on any yoga video online. Hold for about 5 seconds, go down, and repeat.

Laying on your back with your knees up, let them fall from one side to another, while staying on your back.

If you need any help, back stretches are kind of my specialty...I had to do them 3 times a day or so when I played...now mainly just after I warm up and what not.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ugh....I really, really don't want to work out right now
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Ugh....I really, really don't want to work out right now
You know what's worse than that feeling? Regret.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I did 12 rounds on the JR. Happy?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Anybody here use Con-Cret, or a creatine hydrochloride instead of monohydrate? Any difference, better or worse?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to get really serious about reaching my goals. Had some time free up so all I need to do is straighten out my routine. Really been putting off cardio but I'll get on the jumprope. I'm sitting at 180 right now, doubt I can add 10 solid lbs before Memorial day weekend. Strongest I've ever been though but the mass isn't showing. Gotta fight throughit and continue eating but I'm also gonna add protein, glutamine, and creatine back into my supplementation. I've only been on a pre workout (1MR) for the last 3 weeksdue to lack of funds (going out and drinking). Buddy burned me a copy of AB Ripper X so I'm gonna compliment weighted ab work with that.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm about to get really serious about reaching my goals. Had some time free up so all I need to do is straighten out my routine. Really been putting off cardio but I'll get on the jumprope. I'm sitting at 180 right now, doubt I can add 10 solid lbs before Memorial day weekend. Strongest I've ever been though but the mass isn't showing. Gotta fight throughit and continue eating but I'm also gonna add protein, glutamine, and creatine back into my supplementation. I've only been on a pre workout (1MR) for the last 3 weeksdue to lack of funds (going out and drinking). Buddy burned me a copy of AB Ripper X so I'm gonna compliment weighted ab work with that.
As a guy who up until a couple months ago was a wimpy peanut, I can't believe how much of an impact eating has. Holy sh*tballs. I've started to read about counting macros and all that stuff, but seeing how I'm still only getting what are basically noob gains, I'll stick to eating eggs and chicken and pasta/rice and whatnot.

Also, I read somewhere (might have been T-Nation) about Serge Nubret and what he used to do for his abs, and he said he'd do a set of setups every day until failure. Supposedly after about a year he could do 2000 a day, but who knows.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I think my problem has been cutting down on carbs too much. I go through eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and tilapia faster than my wallet can handle. I've been drinking so much whole milk too but I'm sitting steady at 180 for about 4 months while getting stronger. I'vegotten to the point where frustration has turned go motivation and I push myself more and more.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

So at the end of our national tourney in May I was a very solid 205, and I was psyched. When I didn't get drafted I turned into a slob for a while....lost some weight but it was all muscle.

Couple weeks ago when I got on the scale I was 193 but getting awful soft haha. Would get in the gym from time to time, but wasn't regularly and I was starting to get annoyed that I wasn't motivated enough to get my ass up and do it.

I'm now 10 days into the insanity workout, and while it is kicking my ass I'm noticing huge improvements already. I know that I am going to lose weight rather than gain it, but I was just sick of lookin like some scrub...I know I'm not an athlete anymore, but it wasn't sittin well haha. Been eatin a lot better as well...if anyone is interested in doing the insanity workout I do recommend it.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So at the end of our national tourney in May I was a very solid 205, and I was psyched. When I didn't get drafted I turned into a slob for a while....lost some weight but it was all muscle.

Couple weeks ago when I got on the scale I was 193 but getting awful soft haha. Would get in the gym from time to time, but wasn't regularly and I was starting to get annoyed that I wasn't motivated enough to get my ass up and do it.

I'm now 10 days into the insanity workout, and while it is kicking my ass I'm noticing huge improvements already. I know that I am going to lose weight rather than gain it, but I was just sick of lookin like some scrub...I know I'm not an athlete anymore, but it wasn't sittin well haha. Been eatin a lot better as well...if anyone is interested in doing the insanity workout I do recommend it.
Is it a lot of cardio? How does it compare to P90X?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Is it a lot of cardio? How does it compare to P90X?
More cardio than the P90X from what I have read. P90X requires the dumb bells, while insanity is all body weight exercises. After you get through the warm up and the stretch you are only going hard for roughly 25 minutes, sometimes 20, before your cool down stretch. Yesterday was the "Pure cardio" workout and that is the "no rests" workout...where the other ones have a bunch of little rests.

It is more cardio, but everything implements your core. The push ups and dips that he does are pretty rough as well.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the P90x plyometrics workout as a cardio.

Most of these "intense workouts" are ploymetric workouts. "jump from here to there, do lunges, now burpees, one foot, double tap, reach for the sky"

that is pretty much what they do in all of them
Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anybody here use Con-Cret, or a creatine hydrochloride instead of monohydrate? Any difference, better or worse?

Not really. Only real reason to deviate from mono is because it gives you GI distress. If you wanted to do a different creatine for whatever, use one with nitrates in it. You'll get a nice pump effect to go with it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Not really. Only real reason to deviate from mono is because it gives you GI distress. If you wanted to do a different creatine for whatever, use one with nitrates in it. You'll get a nice pump effect to go with it.
I took NO-explode when it first came out, like 06. I felt like I could rule the world! Lasted like 3 months.

I injured my rotator cuff using it, and then eventually tore it need to start therapy soon.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just did Day 1 of the Luke Sauder Calf Routine. I can already tell this is going to be nuts.

Last edited by WCH : 03-22-2013 at 11:56 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote