Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I watched three games and unless he got a clean shot on someone while they were being wrapped up by a teammate he would always side shuffle and try to wrap up a leg. I think more appropriate for him would be violent because when he wraps people up he twists and wrestles and makes a lot of quick twitch movements. Rambo and Thomas are both far more physical players.

I watched 3 of his games last year also and I saw pretty much the opposite. In fact, I've never heard anybody else question Swearinger's physicality. I would say Rambo is far weaker in this category as Rambo is constantly seen diving at people legs to cut them rather than wrapping them up.

Getting back to Swearinger...this guy from what I've seen is an absolute enforcer and intimidator who plays at 100 mph and is absolutely fearless.

These are just highlights but they are fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzy5UTdmWY

http://www.youtube.com/B2klvZNqJg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 03-22-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^ Eliminate the first http:// in those links. Otherwise, they wont work. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
^^^^^ Eliminate the first http:// in those links. Otherwise, they wont work. :)
Fixed, thanks.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're welcome.

And I just watched both of those videos. I must admit that I like that guy. He seems to make hard hits at times but he looks to be a better tackler and cover guy compared to Goldson. Love the hit at the end of the second video when he flexes in front of the receiver. Granted, I think he got called for a taunting penalty but oh well. :)
Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Swearinger's 4.67 40 isn't anything to write home to your mother about but Goldson ran a 4.65 and his speed was sufficient. Swearinger would be a great value pick @ # 61 overall.

This deep safety class is a lot of fun to watch. Vaccaro, Elam, Cyprien, Reid, Swearinger, Rambo, Amerson, Phillip Thomas, Jefferson, Shmarko, ect

We can easily let those 1st 4 guys get drafted before we take ours. Wouldn't be surprised if we even drafted 2 safeties this year.

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-22-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time evaluating safeties cause they are never in the picture. For some reason, no one ever like to release the All 22 like it's some big government secret or something....
Old 03-22-2013, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I have a hard time evaluating safeties cause they are never in the picture. For some reason, no one ever like to release the All 22 like it's some big government secret or something....
Apparently you can get it on NFL.com Game Rewind or something like that, but of course that costs money.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I watched 3 of his games last year also and I saw pretty much the opposite. In fact, I've never heard anybody else question Swearinger's physicality. I would say Rambo is far weaker in this category as Rambo is constantly seen diving at people legs to cut them rather than wrapping them up.

Getting back to Swearinger...this guy from what I've seen is an absolute enforcer and intimidator who plays at 100 mph and is absolutely fearless.

These are just highlights but they are fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzy5UTdmWY

http://www.youtube.com/B2klvZNqJg8
Yeah those are his highlights so of course he's going to look good in them. I watched every defensive snap from four different games and he made those plays once MAYBE twice a game. He also leaves a lot of plays on the board where if he trusted his keys and actually flew up and supported the run he would make a lot of plays but instead he hangs back 10, 15 yards down the field and tried to wrap them up. Rambo is FAR more physical and instinctive as a FB player.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I try and stay away from any highlight clips. It's easy to find full games now
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Scott's newest Mock Draft has us taking TE Zach Ertz at 31. Not bad but I would take C Barrett Jones instead if he's still available. At 34, Ertz would be good. Thoughts?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scott's newest Mock Draft has us taking TE Zach Ertz at 31. Not bad but I would take C Barrett Jones instead if he's still available. At 34, Ertz would be good. Thoughts?
Yeah, I saw and made a couple of comments over there. I like Ertz, but we already have Davis. I know Walker saw the field for us quite a bit, but I think we can find another TE to do that job later on in the draft. Not saying that he'll do it as good as Walker did right way, that would be too much to ask of a rookie.

I like to think that there would be a good enough player of value at DB or DL to take with that 1st pick. Landing Vacarro via trade up is ultimately what I'm hoping for as of right now.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A name I want to throw out there as a possible surprise first round pick for the Niners is D.J. Hayden CB from Houston. He is a late riser but physical fast kid could play nickel this year and eventually start. He does have medical issues that need to be checked out but I wanted to throw his name out there.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Apparently you can get it on NFL.com Game Rewind or something like that, but of course that costs money.
Yeah I have NFL rewind but that doesn't help with college safeties of course.

In regards to Swearinger I included the highlights for fun not for evaluation purposes. In the three games I watched last year he was a beast and really did act as their intimidator all along while providing good deep help.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A name I want to throw out there as a possible surprise first round pick for the Niners is D.J. Hayden CB from Houston. He is a late riser but physical fast kid could play nickel this year and eventually start. He does have medical issues that need to be checked out but I wanted to throw his name out there.
How might you give him a 1st round grade if all he has done since heart surgery is run a 40 yard dash?

Mayock... whom hasn't mentioned his name all off-season throws his name into his Top-5 CBs and all of a sudden sites are reporting he could be a 1st rounder.

I just never saw it. I thought he was an early 3rd before he got hurt. I could be way off though, and I've seen more ridiculous things happen.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-22-2013 at 09:58 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah those are his highlights so of course he's going to look good in them. I watched every defensive snap from four different games and he made those plays once MAYBE twice a game. He also leaves a lot of plays on the board where if he trusted his keys and actually flew up and supported the run he would make a lot of plays but instead he hangs back 10, 15 yards down the field and tried to wrap them up. Rambo is FAR more physical and instinctive as a FB player.
I like Rambo as well and I might give you the instinctive edge but as far as physicality I just don't see it. From the games I watched Rambo has a propensity to dive at RB's feet whenever he has a chance and when Rambo does square somebody up there isn't much pop in his hits.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Yeah, I saw and made a couple of comments over there. I like Ertz, but we already have Davis. I know Walker saw the field for us quite a bit, but I think we can find another TE to do that job later on in the draft. Not saying that he'll do it as good as Walker did right way, that would be too much to ask of a rookie.

I like to think that there would be a good enough player of value at DB or DL to take with that 1st pick. Landing Vacarro via trade up is ultimately what I'm hoping for as of right now.
Agree in regards to TE but at the same time, I wouldnt be opposed to Ertz at 34 even though I wouldnt be surprised to see Baalke/Harbaugh trade #34 for a 2014 first rounder.

Vacarro is the player my friend wants for his Cowboys and while i wouldnt mind him, I dont want the team to trade up for him because they would have to give up to much. I can see moving up a few spots but not 10-15+.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Agree in regards to TE but at the same time, I wouldnt be opposed to Ertz at 34 even though I wouldnt be surprised to see Baalke/Harbaugh trade #34 for a 2014 first rounder.

Vacarro is the player my friend wants for his Cowboys and while i wouldnt mind him, I dont want the team to trade up for him because they would have to give up to much. I can see moving up a few spots but not 10-15+.
Agree. If we can trade a 3rd and 4th to move up 5-7 spots to get him then I would be OK with that but I wouldn't want to give up much more than that.

Here are our picks listed:

1) #31- Round 1
2) #34- Round 2 (Thanks Alex)
3) #61- Round 2
4) #74- Round 3 (From Panthers)
5) #93- Round 3
6) #128- Round 4
7) #131- Round 4 (Comp)
8) #157- Round 5 (From Colts)
9) #164- Round 5
10) #180- Round 6 (From Dolphins)
11) #227- Round 7 (Thanks Taylor Mays)
12) #237- Round 7
13) #246- Round 7 (Comp)
14) #252- Round 7 (Comp)

Using the trade value chart it would cost 140 point to move from #31 to #24.

Our # 93 is worth 128, # 180 is worth 19 for a total of 147 points.

So in this hypothetical we would be selecting in the following positions.

Still not too bad!

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the 49ers are reportedly looking into signing Israel Idonije.

Sounds like the team is truly emphasizing the even front.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
So the 49ers are reportedly looking into signing Israel Idonije.

Sounds like the team is truly emphasizing the even front.
Why ? I don't understand ....
Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Why ? I don't understand ....
If I had to guess it's because we plan on running a more uptempo and agressive offense that will put more points on the board. Subsequently opposing offenses will hopefully be playing from behind and running 3 and 4 WR sets.

So we are basically looking to upgrade our nickel and dime packages.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Agree. If we can trade a 3rd and 4th to move up 5-7 spots to get him then I would be OK with that but I wouldn't want to give up much more than that.
A 3rd AND 4th to move up 5-7 spots? Thats a lot. For perspective the Seahawks gave up a 1+3+7 for Harvin. Giving up a 1+3+4 to move up 5-7 spots is just giving our picks away....Even though we have a lot of picks i wouldnt be a fan of those big trades.

Unless you meant a 3 OR 4, then disregard.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 03-23-2013 at 12:29 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baalke is a big needs drafter early on and the 49ers have been linked to just about every DB in Free Agency. I think it'll be a S or CB at 31 (maybe even a small trade up) unless there's tremendous value elsewhere and i'm not sure Ertz is that value...

I think we'll take a TE at some point but prob in the 3rd-4th round IMO.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
A 3rd AND 4th to move up 5-7 spots? Thats a lot. For perspective the Seahawks gave up a 1+3+7 for Harvin. Giving up a 1+3+4 to move up 5-7 spots is just giving our picks away....Even though we have a lot of picks i wouldnt be a fan of those big trades.

Unless you meant a 3 OR 4, then disregard.
My scenario ended up being a 3rd (#93) and a 6th (#180) to move up to #24

Quote:
Old 03-23-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Our late 3rd (#93) and early 4th (#128) can get us to about #22

Quote:
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

We can also move up to # 28 or 29 with both of our 5th round picks.

Quote: