Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I disagree with all of that. You can turn yourself around in this league.
Just don't repeat as champ. Cause that will restart the league. LOL.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Psh...I was fine with a restart. I'd just draft a better team again and keep beating that ass.

It has nothing to do with format. Some people are good at fantasy sports and some people aren't. That's why I wanted a league with 8 owners and limited roster spots. You can assume that getting bigger will make it more competitive, but it never, ever does.
8 owners would make a league incredibly boring. The rosters could never be deep enough that sleepers ever even came into play. It would simply come down to which team's four best players stayed the healthiest because depth isn't important.

There's a proper balance to be found in the number of teams and the depth of the rosters. I'm certain that every 12-team league shows this much separation from top to bottom after four years.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And D, I'll just say again that we cannot turn this into a dynasty league on the fly. It needs to be committed to from the beginning with a re-draft. Same goes for cutting the number of keepers drastically.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I honestly think the league looks much more competitive this season at the onset here. Yo and KCJ's teams have really improved in the last year.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Round 16
GF — Travis d'Arnaud
BF — Mile Olt, 1B
Xiomera — Hisashi Iwakuma, SP
Jughead — Justin Masterson, SP
D-Unit — Rick Porcello, SP
Yo — Kyle Lohse, SP
DJP — Gordon Beckham, 2B
Brodeur — Mike Fiers, SP
KCJ — Mark Melancon, RP
Yoda — Joe Kelly, SP
MaxV — SKIPPED
Prince — Danny Hultzen, SP

Round 17
Prince — Collin Cowgill, OF
MaxV — SKIPPED
Yoda — Jon Jay, OF
KCJ —
Brodeur —
DJP —
Yo —
D-Unit —
Jughead —
Xiomera —
BF —
GF —

Round 18
GF —
BF —
Xiomera —
Jughead —
D-Unit —
Yo —
DJP —
Brodeur —
KCJ —
Yoda — FORFEITED**
MaxV — FORFEITED**
Prince — FORFEITED**
Old 03-22-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Looks like D's team is taking the injury beating that mine took last year ...

Adam Eaton out 6-8 weeks with a UCL strain.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Looks like D's team is taking the injury beating that mine took last year ...

Adam Eaton out 6-8 weeks with a UCL strain.
I get it every year... This year, Hanley, now Eaton.. great, just great. Not to mention Ortiz is probably gonna start the year on DL.

Where's my 1st round supplemental pick?

Can I make a request to increase the DL to 5 spots? PLEASE! Hate going down like that.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Can I make a request to increase the DL to 5 spots?
I already bumped it from 3 to 4 this year.

I'll push it to 5 if no one objects.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

no objection

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Saw that and you never heard a peep from me! lol

I think 5 would be most excellente!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

5 seems like a lot, but I know there were times when I had 6 guys on the DL last year and I'm sure some of you guys have had to cut quality players when you run out of DL spots.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't object to the 5 DL spots. And I am just glad people aren't saying I am the bottom feeder or the guy that we should just say thanks for playing now. *Fist pumps I just wish I didn't make either the Tulo trade with Xio or the Hanley trade with D-Unit....Granted, my starting staff would be freeking awful otherwise tho.

Last edited by yodabear : 03-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I don't object to the 5 DL spots. And I am just glad people aren't saying I am the bottom feeder or the guy that we should just say thanks for playing now. *Fist pumps
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eaton isn't a big injury. You have no idea how he was going to play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Eaton isn't a big injury. You have no idea how he was going to play.
Lord, if I ever become champion please don't let me become like GF.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I told Brodeur he's up.

He informed me that he's stuck in traffic on the highway because there's a dead body in the middle of the road.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I told Brodeur he's up.

He informed me that he's stuck in traffic on the highway because there's a dead body in the middle of the road.
No excuse.

...seriously though, that's gross.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I told Brodeur he's up.

******* Detroit....
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's entirely possible that he was a drugged out guy that passed out.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just skip me if I get up tonight. I won't be on, and will be far too intoxicated to make a logical selection.

... waiting for "lol like u would make logical selectionz anywayz" joke ;)
Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 DL spots is good for me

Now i have wait for everyone else to make there last selection because xio thought my team was already good enough not to need a comp pick. I feel like that might take until sunday

Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Just skip me if I get up tonight. I won't be on, and will be far too intoxicated to make a logical selection.

... waiting for "lol like u would make logical selectionz anywayz" joke ;)

I don't think we need to be skipping people the rest of the way. We have plenty of time and we're almost done anyway.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
5 DL spots is good for me

Now i have wait for everyone else to make there last selection because xio thought my team was already good enough not to need a comp pick. I feel like that might take until sunday
The cut off for a comp pick was with Yoda because your team has several legit studs on it, aside from a noticeably better keeper group as a whole.

Trust me, different measures will be taken for next year ....
Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't think we need to be skipping people the rest of the way. We have plenty of time and we're almost done anyway.
The man said to skip him, then skip him.

I realize there's no rush, but as the guy in charge of this thing, it's still a relief to me when it's over and I don't have to pay attention constantly.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-22-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry guys. picks up in a minute.
Closed Thread