Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
As far as Jenkins, I don't think any of us are too big on that pick.
Yeah. Everyone seems to want to give the 49ers a monster-space-eater every offseason. Baalke has had many oportunities. Doesn't seem like he wants that type of player.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just mocked Amerson to us @ # 61 a few minutes ago in our 7 round thread. I know Amerson can play a little stiff but with a year to develop I think he could be a great weapon to use against some of these huge WR's we go up against. He also has the ability to switch to FS down the road, he is very good in run support also.

Yeah, not a big fan of the Ertz or Jenkins picks. I'm good with drafting Amerson if he makes it all the way down to 61. I think he'll come off the board before that pick, though.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Damn, I wish I was a photoshop guy. I'd drop T.O. in there along with Kenny Phillips, Mike Wallace, Dashon Goldson, Tyrann Mathieu, Mike Holmgren, Jon Gruden, and Mike Lombardi.
Don't forget Jed York and the water bottle!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Don't forget Jed York and the water bottle!
Jed York's fidgety hands that signified that he couldn't be a competent owner.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Four round mock draft -

1 / 31 - C Barrett Jones
2 / 34 - DE Datone Jones (F/KC)
2 / 61 - CB Logan Ryan
3 / 74 - FS D.J. Swearinger (F/CAR)
3 / 93 - SS Duke Williams
4 / 128 - TE Levine Toilolo
4 / 131 - CB Tyrann Mathieu (comp)

Thoughts?
Don't like the Swearinger pick at all. He doesn't give the Niners anything they don't already have in Whitner or Spillmen.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It only took Jed York a decade to be a good owner. As for Mathieu, he's been training with Patrick Peterson and I believe that Peterson will make Mathieu the steal of the Draft. Mathieu just needs to get his head straight and I think that Peterson will accomplish that.

Nice pic though.....

Owens is STILL the best receiver we've had in the last decade. Dont mention Crabtree as one good year (finally) doesnt mean anything until he backs it up with an as good or better follow up year. I'm not the only only who wanted Phillips or to keep Goldson. Definitely wanted Wallace and sorry if I would rather spend $12m on him a season instead of $6m on Boldin who'll be this year's version of Moss.

Holmgren/Gruden were still FAR better than Erickson, Nolan and Singletary combined so whats wrong with wanting them at that time? Wanted Lombardi because he was here before and with Gruden, thought that they would have made a good combination.

As for Harbaugh and Baalke, I like them and think they're a good combination but sorry, I dont love either and im not going to kiss either's ass just because they made it to the franchise's first Super Bowl in which they LOST. Sorry if im still pissed about that and think that the team should stop trying to acquire veterans as stopgaps when they're only going to have to be replaced in a year or two anyway.

Sorry if I would run my team with a little more aggression and determination instead of setting a price on every player which quite honestly is stupid because eventually, they're going to lose a top tier player because of that and in doing so, that entire process will be picked apart by everyone including you guys.

Only difference between me and everyone else here is that I want my team to dominate instead of being dominated and would do whatever it takes to make that happen and yes, that includes spending cap room which after all, 89% of it has to be spent anyway.

But to each his/her own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
It only took Jed York a decade to be a good owner. As for Mathieu, he's been training with Patrick Peterson and I believe that Peterson will make Mathieu the steal of the Draft. Mathieu just needs to get his head straight and I think that Peterson will accomplish that.
Even though Jed didn't assume full control until 2010 but that doesn't matter. Your style of running a team or as we all call it knee jerk reactions as your solution to running a team is laughable to all of us.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Even though Jed didn't assume full control until 2010 but that doesn't matter. Your style of running a team or as we all call it knee jerk reactions as your solution to running a team is laughable to all of us.
Just because he didnt have "full control" doesnt mean he wasnt the one in power or running things. As for my style, think whatever you want but until Baalke/Harbaugh WIN a ******* Super Bowl, their ways are just as laughable if not more so because the think by acquiring second rate talent, the team will play at a top rate level. Like the saying goes, you get what you paid for. Good luck with that.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Just because he didnt have "full control" doesnt mean he wasnt the one in power or running things. As for my style, think whatever you want but until Baalke/Harbaugh WIN a ******* Super Bowl, their ways are just as laughable if not more so because the think by acquiring second rate talent, the team will play at a top rate level. Like the saying goes, you get what you paid for. Good luck with that.
He didn't have a say in front office matters until that time but you can continue to hate him for no reason that's fine. So their ways of taking a completely irrelevant team to relevant in their first season and competing for a Superbowl in their second season is laughable? Wow it must suck to be you with those kind of expectations. Your problem is you always think you are smarter than them and never take into account that they have a plan and the minor possibility that they MIGHT know what they are doing. Like I said you can't see past the knee jerk reactions.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did a break down of your offense and the beauty of it on our MB. I came away extremely impressed with Colin K, but the over system you guys are running. It's nice to see similarities between that and the redskins, but the difference is your Qb keepers and the play design is a thing of beauty while the redskins is not. That element, I believe, got their QB, Bob hurt. Your QB is built bigger, but the QB keeper designs are just amazing to watch. So you guys should be happy that your system offers a lot of different looks which, I believe will drive opposing DCs crazy preparing for it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I did a break down of your offense and the beauty of it on our MB. I came away extremely impressed with Colin K, but the over system you guys are running. It's nice to see similarities between that and the redskins, but the difference is your Qb keepers and the play design is a thing of beauty while the redskins is not. That element, I believe, got their QB, Bob hurt. Your QB is built bigger, but the QB keeper designs are just amazing to watch. So you guys should be happy that your system offers a lot of different looks which, I believe will drive opposing DCs crazy preparing for it.
Kap does a great job with his reads. He definitely has the understanding and philosophy down of you are always thinking give on read option even when in doubt, and when he does give it he sells the keep extremely well which you should expect since he did it for four years in college.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Reminds me of how excited I felt reading what Trent Dilfer wrote a couple months ago...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...49ers/12696361
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for Harbaugh and Baalke, I like them and think they're a good combination but sorry, I dont love either and im not going to kiss either's ass just because they made it to the franchise's first Super Bowl in which they LOST. Sorry if im still pissed about that...
of here with this. I don't usually rip you for your posts, dan, but this team wasn't even close to making the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl, before these guys came along. So, pucker up big boy. They deserve to have you kiss their asses.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It only took Jed York a decade to be a good owner.
Jed York has only been in control of the team since 2008.

After three seasons of suckage he got the 49ers back into contention. Yeah, it really took a decade.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Jed York has only been in control of the team since 2008.

After three seasons of suckage he got the 49ers back into contention. Yeah, it really took a decade.
He probably could have taken over earlier if he could have gotten that water bottle under control.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
He didn't have a say in front office matters until that time but you can continue to hate him for no reason that's fine. So their ways of taking a completely irrelevant team to relevant in their first season and competing for a Superbowl in their second season is laughable? Wow it must suck to be you with those kind of expectations. Your problem is you always think you are smarter than them and never take into account that they have a plan and the minor possibility that they MIGHT know what they are doing. Like I said you can't see past the knee jerk reactions.
I dont hate Jed York. I hated his father because he didnt have a clue and just because Jed wasnt "officially" in charge doesnt mean that he didnt have a say in matters.

I didnt say that getting to the Super Bowl was laughable, I said acquiring second rate level of talent and expecting it be first rate is laughable. A lot of the games including the Super Bowl, majority just think that they can just show up and they'll be handed the win as opposed to taking it. Getting to the Super Bowl in their second season was a huge achievement but they LOST and sorry, if im not like the rest of you and happy to just get in the Super Bowl. I expected my beloved 49ers not to beat the Ravens but to crush them like they should have. Instead, the defense forgot to show up and if it wasnt for the lights going out, it would have been an embarrassment compared to what it turned out to be.

My expectations was to at least get back to the NFCCG but if they win it (which they did), I was expecting them to win and dominate the Super Bowl like the 49er teams did before them. Sorry if my expectations of winning the Super Bowl is too much or unrealistic. Sorry if im still not happy that they lost to an inferior team.

I never said I was smarter nor do I think that but just because you and others here kiss their ass doesnt mean I have to. If I dont agree with what they're doing in regards to who they sign, draft, let go, etc. I have the right to say so just like everyone else here does.

Sorry if wanting to see the team go out and sign Wallace with the possibility of thrashing teams instead of just hoping they win or hold on for a win. Sorry if im not exactly on board with wasting cap room on acquiring old washed up veterans who'll decline and need to be replaced in a year for a young playmaker.

Quite honestly, if I even thought for a second that my 49ers would lose in the Super Bowl, I wouldnt even have wanted them to make it there. You guys can call it an accomplishment but I call it a failure and an insult to the previous Super Bowl 49er teams. Sorry if im not the type to just be happy that they got there despite winning or losing.

I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be in regards to wanting to sign every top tier FA but every few years, I would prefer a top tier young player like Wallace instead of acquiring veteran after veteran because quite honestly, I dont see the point. We signed Moss last year and as everyone knows, I hated the signing since day one and what exactly did he do? Nothing whatsoever. The so called greatest WR of all time was outplayed and outshined by a backup TE. Sorry if im not in agreement to the yearly, "let's bring in this old veteran instead of acquiring a young stud".

I think that Baalke and Harbaugh have done a great job thus far but they depend too much on veterans and prefer to go the cheaper route instead of acquiring players who should not only help them get back to the Super Bowl but should help them win it by thrashing the AFC champions.

And quite honestly, I dont like the "set price" Baalke puts on players. To me, thats ******* stupid. Seriously, if Crabtree, Kaepernick or Aldon Smith wants more money than what Baalke is willing to pay, whats' he going to do? Let them leave for free and replace them with an old washed up veteran or rookie? Sorry if I dont like or agree with that but thats whats good about posting here...you can agree or disagree, just like the majority here does when I post something. It's all good.

You can love the way they're running the team but I'll stay at the "like" part for now.

Quote:
Kap does a great job with his reads. He definitely has the understanding and philosophy down of you are always thinking give on read option even when in doubt, and when he does give it he sells the keep extremely well which you should expect since he did it for four years in college.
And to think, many here never wanted Kaepernick to even start the Bears game or remain the starter. Gee, I wonder who it was who wanted Kaepernick to start and finish the season as the starter? But of course, I was wrong there too, right? If it wasnt for Kaepernick, this team would have never made it to the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
of here with this. I don't usually rip you for your posts, dan, but this team wasn't even close to making the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl, before these guys came along. So, pucker up big boy. They deserve to have you kiss their asses.
I never said the team was close before Baalke/Harbaugh. They were one of the worst but here's something that's funny. People here bash me because I would spend money on a Goldson, Wallace, etc. yet if it wasnt for the team finally waking up and spending some money ($5m per season to be exact) on Harbaugh, this team would probably be going through another new coaching change right now.

I understand not wanting to go nuts on every top tier FA but one major impact player every few years isnt going to hurt as long as you know when to let the old guys go and stop bringing them in.

When they WIN the Super Bowl, I'll be the first in line to kiss their ass but until that time, quite honestly, all they'll be known for is the GM/HC that ended our undefeated Super Bowl streak and until they win a SB, my perspective in that regard wont change.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way since Baalke wasn't "in charge" of his GM duties before he officially was our new GM, we'll assume the previous drafts before he was the trigger man are on his head too.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont hate Jed York. I hated his father because he didnt have a clue and just because Jed wasnt "officially" in charge doesnt mean that he didnt have a say in matters.

I didnt say that getting to the Super Bowl was laughable, I said acquiring second rate level of talent and expecting it be first rate is laughable. A lot of the games including the Super Bowl, majority just think that they can just show up and they'll be handed the win as opposed to taking it. Getting to the Super Bowl in their second season was a huge achievement but they LOST and sorry, if im not like the rest of you and happy to just get in the Super Bowl. I expected my beloved 49ers not to beat the Ravens but to crush them like they should have. Instead, the defense forgot to show up and if it wasnt for the lights going out, it would have been an embarrassment compared to what it turned out to be.

My expectations was to at least get back to the NFCCG but if they win it (which they did), I was expecting them to win and dominate the Super Bowl like the 49er teams did before them. Sorry if my expectations of winning the Super Bowl is too much or unrealistic. Sorry if im still not happy that they lost to an inferior team.

I never said I was smarter nor do I think that but just because you and others here kiss their ass doesnt mean I have to. If I dont agree with what they're doing in regards to who they sign, draft, let go, etc. I have the right to say so just like everyone else here does.

Sorry if wanting to see the team go out and sign Wallace with the possibility of thrashing teams instead of just hoping they win or hold on for a win. Sorry if im not exactly on board with wasting cap room on acquiring old washed up veterans who'll decline and need to be replaced in a year for a young playmaker.

Quite honestly, if I even thought for a second that my 49ers would lose in the Super Bowl, I wouldnt even have wanted them to make it there. You guys can call it an accomplishment but I call it a failure and an insult to the previous Super Bowl 49er teams. Sorry if im not the type to just be happy that they got there despite winning or losing.

I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be in regards to wanting to sign every top tier FA but every few years, I would prefer a top tier young player like Wallace instead of acquiring veteran after veteran because quite honestly, I dont see the point. We signed Moss last year and as everyone knows, I hated the signing since day one and what exactly did he do? Nothing whatsoever. The so called greatest WR of all time was outplayed and outshined by a backup TE. Sorry if im not in agreement to the yearly, "let's bring in this old veteran instead of acquiring a young stud".

I think that Baalke and Harbaugh have done a great job thus far but they depend too much on veterans and prefer to go the cheaper route instead of acquiring players who should not only help them get back to the Super Bowl but should help them win it by thrashing the AFC champions.

And quite honestly, I dont like the "set price" Baalke puts on players. To me, thats ******* stupid. Seriously, if Crabtree, Kaepernick or Aldon Smith wants more money than what Baalke is willing to pay, whats' he going to do? Let them leave for free and replace them with an old washed up veteran or rookie? Sorry if I dont like or agree with that but thats whats good about posting here...you can agree or disagree, just like the majority here does when I post something. It's all good.

You can love the way they're running the team but I'll stay at the "like" part for now.

And to think, many here never wanted Kaepernick to even start the Bears game or remain the starter. Gee, I wonder who it was who wanted Kaepernick to start and finish the season as the starter? But of course, I was wrong there too, right? If it wasnt for Kaepernick, this team would have never made it to the Super Bowl.

I never said the team was close before Baalke/Harbaugh. They were one of the worst but here's something that's funny. People here bash me because I would spend money on a Goldson, Wallace, etc. yet if it wasnt for the team finally waking up and spending some money ($5m per season to be exact) on Harbaugh, this team would probably be going through another new coaching change right now.

I understand not wanting to go nuts on every top tier FA but one major impact player every few years isnt going to hurt as long as you know when to let the old guys go and stop bringing them in.

When they WIN the Super Bowl, I'll be the first in line to kiss their ass but until that time, quite honestly, all they'll be known for is the GM/HC that ended our undefeated Super Bowl streak and until they win a SB, my perspective in that regard wont change.
All I keep seeing you post are knee jerk reactions. Dan we all love Dashon and wanted him on the team. One of the unfortunate things of having a loaded roster in the salary cap era is you have to prioritize your players based on who is easiest to replace. Kap needs to get paid. If he continues to improve he will need to get paid. I would categorize him as not easy to replace. Iupati is on track to being the best guard in FB. Not easy to replace and needs to get paid. Anthony Davis on track to being the best offensive tackles in football needs to get paid and not easy to replace.

When you have a front seven as dominate as the Niners you don't need an all pro safety. The more I think about it the more I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners not even take a safety high in the draft. They might start Dhal or whoever wins that job and ask them to keep everything in front of them and call it good. Which definitely could work. Goldson isn't as irreplaceable or as important as you think. Neither is Wallace or any of the other high priced free agents you want the Niners to sign every off-season (you have gotten better in that regard).

You can dislike Baalke's methods all you want, but his style is a product of the way the economics of the NFL have shaped out since the new CBA. His method works he's already proved it. Other teams are starting to adopt his style. Get used to it because you are going to start to see a lot more of it.

You claim you hate Jed's father yet a couple posts ago you still blame Jed for all of his mistakes. Give Baalke some credit and some trust for god sake he hasn't given you a reason to doubt him thus far.

I know he is happy as hell right now. The last time this many people called him an idiot he was executive of the year.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
All I keep seeing you post are knee jerk reactions. Dan we all love Dashon and wanted him on the team. One of the unfortunate things of having a loaded roster in the salary cap era is you have to prioritize your players based on who is easiest to replace. Kap needs to get paid. If he continues to improve he will need to get paid. I would categorize him as not easy to replace. Iupati is on track to being the best guard in FB. Not easy to replace and needs to get paid. Anthony Davis on track to being the best offensive tackles in football needs to get paid and not easy to replace.

When you have a front seven as dominate as the Niners you don't need an all pro safety. The more I think about it the more I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners not even take a safety high in the draft. They might start Dhal or whoever wins that job and ask them to keep everything in front of them and call it good. Which definitely could work. Goldson isn't as irreplaceable or as important as you think. Neither is Wallace or any of the other high priced free agents you want the Niners to sign every off-season (you have gotten better in that regard).

You can dislike Baalke's methods all you want, but his style is a product of the way the economics of the NFL have shaped out since the new CBA. His method works he's already proved it. Other teams are starting to adopt his style. Get used to it because you are going to start to see a lot more of it.

You claim you hate Jed's father yet a couple posts ago you still blame Jed for all of his mistakes. Give Baalke some credit and some trust for god sake he hasn't given you a reason to doubt him thus far.

I know he is happy as hell right now. The last time this many people called him an idiot he was executive of the year.
I agree with you in regards to Kaepernick, Davis and Iupati but in regards to Goldson, I disagree. You talk about the front seven being dominant but I didnt see that once Justin got hurt and that hurt the secondary. Now imagine how bad the secondary would have looked in the second half of the Falcons and Ravens games if they didnt have Goldson? Is he the sole reason? No but he and Whitner were an excellent combination. Dont want to give Goldson a long term deal? Fine but at least franchise him for 2013, draft a FS and SS so you can let him and Whitner both leave in a year as UFA's.

Paying Boldin and Dahl (ugh) a combined salary of $7.7m+ according to ninercaphell.com for 2013 compared to under $7.5m for Goldson is worse in my opinion and a bigger waste of money. If you have Goldson, you dont need Dahl and Boldin isnt what we need opposite Crabtree. Boldin is a possession receiver. Team needs a speed receiver and deep threat opposite Crabtree.

I really hope that Dahl isnt going to be our starting FS. When a team like the Rams let an average safety go, that should tell you something. Hopefully, he'll just be used on special teams and as a backup at safety.

I dont think that Goldson is irreplaceable and never said that but I would be a lot happier to still have him (instead of Dahl/Boldin) while drafting his replacement to take over in 2014. Goldson isnt perfect and neither is Whitner but I think that they were an excellent combo and quite honestly, their mistakes are more on the defensive plays that are being called then the players.

As for Jed, I blame him for not getting rid of Singletary when he had the chance to do so and for not speaking up earlier in the decade. I'm sure he had power and influence with his dad but either didnt use it or didnt care.

I do however give him credit for hiring Harbaugh and making Baalke the GM. I dont dislike Baalke. In fact, I like him more than I appear to. Its just that some of the moves especially with veterans just puzzle me because why sign old veterans when you can have young playmakers?

We'll see what happens in the Draft. One thing is for sure, no matter who you, me or anyone else wants, Baalke will draft players that we werent even thinking of. That im pretty certain of.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
At this point, I think it's far more important to address a backup up swing tackle than it is to address a center..
THIS. I don't understand why everyone all of a sudden likes Barret Jones. We have Kilgore and Looney on the roster. We have interior depth. What we don't have is a quality backup tackle since Boone moved inside.

Last edited by edgrenade : 03-24-2013 at 11:32 PM.
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
We'll see what happens in the Draft. One thing is for sure, no matter who you, me or anyone else wants, Baalke will draft players that we werent even thinking of. That im pretty certain of.
For the first time we are in agreement.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
THIS> I don't understand why everyone all of a sudden likes Barret Jones. We have Kilgore and Looney on the roster. We have interior depth. What we don't have is a quality backup tackle since Boone moved inside.
I agree that we need a backup LT, RG and RT but unless Kilgore is going to start next year, we need a center too. Drafting Jones gives us a young franchise center, can release Goodwin to save cap room and still have Kilgore as the backup. If Kilgore is ready to start, different story but if Baalke/Harbaugh dont think he's ready, I think that they should draft Jones instead of waiting. A cheap starting center for the next four years on a rookie contract sounds good to me and we save money by releasing Goodwin.

Quote:
For the first time we are in agreement.
And it'll probably be the first, last and only time. :P
Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just mocked Amerson to us @ # 61 a few minutes ago in our 7 round thread. I know Amerson can play a little stiff but with a year to develop I think he could be a great weapon to use against some of these huge WR's we go up against. He also has the ability to switch to FS down the road, he is very good in run support also.

I can't realistically see Amerson as a CB at the NFL level. His 2012 tape is that bad. Agaisnt Tennessee, which has a couple of NFL-level talent at WR, he was a complete liability. Some of it was technique. A lot of it was because he just isn't a CB. He was literally 15 yards off each WR and he just looked like he had a big sign on his uniform that said 'throw at me'. If Baalke drafts him, I can only hope its as a FS. We were seen talking to him at his pro day so I could defintely see us bringing him in and taking a closer look.

And I would have no problem with the Jenkins pick personally I just don't believe Baalke would draft a NT that early.

And phlysac is right, swing tackle is probably more of a need. Kilgore and Looney give us a nice young nucleus of interior depth. I just like Jones that much and I think his versatility appeals to a team like us, who likes to get the most out of its 45 actives on gamedays. I don't realistically expect us to draft Jones or any interior O-Lineman. Unless....

They're already penciling Goodwin as a June 1st cut. Then we'll defintely need another interior O-Lineman to add to the mix. Depends though because they might go the cheap vet route like with the Leonard Davis signing.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By the way since Baalke wasn't "in charge" of his GM duties before he officially was our new GM, we'll assume the previous drafts before he was the trigger man are on his head too.
To further expound on that point, the first draft Baalke was in charge was the 2010 draft. Scotty Mac had been fired(excuse me, he resigned) a month before the draft but our board had pretty much been set...collectively I would assume. But Baalke was the one who made the calls on draft day. That's the first draft you could officially pin on him. Before that, he held Gamble's position. So he wasn't in a position to really take credit for any draft day success.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
To further expound on that point, the first draft Baalke was in charge was the 2010 draft. Scotty Mac had been fired(excuse me, he resigned) a month before the draft but our board had pretty much been set...collectively I would assume. But Baalke was the one who made the calls on draft day. That's the first draft you could officially pin on him. Before that, he held Gamble's position. So he wasn't in a position to really take credit for any draft day success.
Except for the Taylor Mays pick ;). That was a crazy story about him and Singletary nearly coming to blows over that pick.