Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Logan Ryan doesn't really fit either. I mean I'd have no problem with taking a cornerback, but Gettleman's signed four defensive backs this offseason, three of which are corners. Little to no chance we take another one so early when we have other pressing needs.
I strongly disagree. Captain Munnerlyn, Drayton Florence and D.J. Moore are not starters for good teams and Josh Norman was benched as a rookie so the jury is still very much out on him.

The secondary is still a major concern in Carolina.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I strongly disagree. Captain Munnerlyn, Drayton Florence and D.J. Moore are not starters for good teams and Josh Norman was benched as a rookie so the jury is still very much out on him.

The secondary is still a major concern in Carolina.
I didn't say it wasn't a concern (hence why I said I'd take a talented one). That doesn't change the fact that Gettleman's stockpiling of DBs, while making no serious moves at WR, OL and DT outside of resigning Dwan Edwards indicates its very unlikely he'll then go and add yet another DB so early instead of addressing one of those positions. You can't argue Gettleman was simply adding bodies, as we already had them. It is pretty apparent Gettleman will address those other positions and use a patchwork secondary for the time being.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I didn't say it wasn't a concern (hence why I said I'd take a talented one). That doesn't change the fact that Gettleman's stockpiling of DBs, while making no serious moves at WR, OL and DT outside of resigning Dwan Edwards indicates its very unlikely he'll then go and add yet another DB so early instead of addressing one of those positions. You can't argue Gettleman was simply adding bodies, as we already had them. It is pretty apparent Gettleman will address those other positions and use a patchwork secondary for the time being.
It will be interesting to see what Carolina does at wideout and if they make it an early round priority. The cupboard isn't bare but they could definitely use a young, impact talent at the position. I still think DT and CB would take precedence over WR at this point.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Felt bad leaving some guys out of top two rounds but there are only so many spots, especially since there are just thirty choices in Round 2 this year. Some big names who just missed the cut were Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson, North Carolina RB Giovanni Bernard, Oregon OG Kyle Long, Tennessee OT / OG Dallas Thomas, Alabama C Barrett Jones and S.M.U. DE Margus Hunt.
Was Eric Reid intentionally left out? You mentioned him as a possible option in a couple of the first round pick descriptions, so I was surprised to not see him somewhere in the second round.

Any mock with Warmack going to the Rams gets a thumbs up from me. I also like Tavon Austin a lot; I'm just a bit concerned about how he'd be used. While he can line up in multiple positions, I think it's safe to say the majority of his time should be spent in the slot, and the Rams gave Jared Cook big money to presumably spend a lot of time there as well.

Hopefully if the Rams take him, they're prepared to be creative and even spread things out a bit more.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Was Eric Reid intentionally left out? You mentioned him as a possible option in a couple of the first round pick descriptions, so I was surprised to not see him somewhere in the second round.
Got Reid going #38 overall to the Arizona Cardinals.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what Carolina does at wideout and if they make it an early round priority. The cupboard isn't bare but they could definitely use a young, impact talent at the position. I still think DT and CB would take precedence over WR at this point.
If I had to put money on it, we'll take a WR and DT with our first two picks. Outside chance for an OL if the value is there, very little chance for a DB.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

cannot agree with the panther picks, and based on the private workouts WR will be addressed early. i also think they like Josh Thomas, and James Dockery. and have brought DJ Moore, Captain, and Florence in so they will look later for a CB help.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Got Reid going #38 overall to the Arizona Cardinals.
Ha! That's what I get for having the case-sensitive box checked on my browser's search feature. ;)
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like the Jenkins pick for San Fran at all. I don't see the Niners taking a one dimensional NT early in the draft. If they go D-line I would imagine it would be someone like Jessie Williams or Kwann Short. I do really like the Amerson pick.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Escobar in round 2? That's a little high for another TE pick.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nuuuuuuuuuk! <3

If we could then nab a Dallas Thomas/Kyle Long/Brian Winters after this, then I'm totally on board
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does any1 else not believe the Jags are serious about Geno Smith? The whole thing just seems like a smoke screen.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
does any1 else not believe the Jags are serious about Geno Smith? The whole thing just seems like a smoke screen.
Yeah, when you have Blaine Gabbert as your starting QB... how could you possibly be thinking of making a change at QB?

In all seriousness, I think it'd be a good landing spot for him.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe Shane hasn't convinced you that Markus Wheaton is better than Robert Woods. Like a dt for Pats. Williams or Short works for me. I also think wr is the next biggest need. I just like Wheaton more.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Cooper is a dream scenario for the Bears.

But how does Hunter fit in with Marshall and Jeffery?

The Bears are very high on Jeffery and Hunter seems like more of the same. My guess is the Bears are going to live with their WR core and address defensive youth LB/CB so they can make some moves next season.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
We do have to get a QB - new regime (again) often means new QB. I do think 2 is too rich for any QB this year though, so it could be we're trying to get an extra pick from Oakland or Philly to move down a spot or two.

I don't know Smith is much better than Gabbert was coming out though, so if we do take him we had better have more of a plan than we've had with Gabbert. I can't say I have ever liked Gabbert, but we've not helped him at all by trying to make him fit a conservative pro style offense, when he needs to be in a more spread based scheme. Plus this will be his third system in three years... If we do stay in a similar offensive system, then I'd rather go Barkley or Glennon - possibly Nassib although his lack of touch concerns me.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a huge fan of Werner to the Titans, but it makes sense as we have no depth behind Wimbley & Morgan. I would prefer to go Xavier Rhodes or Star Lotulelei.

Xavier is known for his press coverage, and the Titans really brought on the blitzes later on in the year. We struggled because McCourty and Verner both play 5-7 yards off the receiver, we need a guy who can jam at the LOS, especially if we're going to continue to blitz heavily. We also only have Coty Sensabaugh and Tommie Campbell for depth, with Verner on the last year of his contract and best suited at a nickleback.

Star Lotulelei scares me, not a big fan of players who take plays off. But when he's on, he is ON. Star can be the Albert Haynesworth for our front 7, but with the pickup of Sammie Lee Hill & using early picks on Jurrell Casey & Mike Martin, DT might not be that high of a need on our board.

As Pit Bull #53 said, Morgan really came on at the end of the year and was finally the 1st round DE we were hoping for. Wimbley struggled in run stopping but we knew that when he was coming in. His biggest problem was getting doubled teamed as we had a 3-tech DT lining up next to him. Adding Sammie Lee Hill as the run-stopper big bodied guy, it could free up Wimbley. DE is still a need, but with Wimbley/Morgan/Ayers (in nickle) not sure if it's our #1 need.

WR is becoming a need, Britts days as a Titan are limited. He's either hurt or in legal trouble. We just used a first on Kendall Wright, and he had an OK rookie year but doubt he'll ever be a #1 WR. I'm praying that Patteron, Allen, Hopkins, or Hunter is available with our 2nd rounder.

My dream: 1st: Xavier Rhodes | 2nd: Keenan Allen | 3rd: Barrett Jones | 3rdC: Devin Taylor
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
PhinPhan
Rookie

PhinPhan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scott:

Been visiting this site for years, you do a great job and I appreciate the work you put in.

Question regarding Xavier Rhodes to Miami at #12:

Over the last couple of weeks, I've read a lot of reports claiming that the Dolphins aren't in love with Rhodes because they do not see him as a good fit in their scheme. Rhodes strength being press coverage and the Dolphins running a lot of zone...

In your explanation, you wrote that Rhodes is actually a good fit in Miami's scheme. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks,
PhinPhan
PhinPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams

16- Warmack
22- Austin

You just gave me a woodie
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT is just not a position of need at this time. Signed Sims and Walker still got Tommy Kelly and a nice looking draft pick from last year. It's a crowded group of DTs as it is.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Don't like the Jenkins pick for San Fran at all. I don't see the Niners taking a one dimensional NT early in the draft.
Why not? Would you not say its a need and value for them? They are thin on the DL, they lost 2 NTs, they play 2 gap 3-4 and they are built around 2 MLBs. I think Jenkins would be a fantastic pick.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Why not? Would you not say its a need and value for them? They are thin on the DL, they lost 2 NTs, they play 2 gap 3-4 and they are built around 2 MLBs. I think Jenkins would be a fantastic pick.
I don't feel that Baalke sees alot of value in a position that only played 30% of the defensive snaps last season. They extended Ian Williams and signed Glenn Dorsey to man the NT spot.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
49ersFan_vienna
Rookie

49ersFan_vienna hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

no way the 49ers don`t take a safety with 31 or 34 (unless thes trade up and down).
They simply need an upgrade short to midterm over Dahl.
They also need upgrade over Whitner.
I agree DLine needs upgrade too, so i dont think they take a TE in round one or two.
They already have a lot of money in one position if you look at ILB and they wont do the same with TE (Vernon Davis and the First round pick after his first contract extension)

Last edited by 49ersFan_vienna : 03-26-2013 at 08:13 AM.
49ersFan_vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't the draft order wrong? Correct me if i'm wrong, but teams with the same record rotate picks after Rd 1, correct? For example: 2nd round Titans/Jets have the same record, shouldn't the Titans be #39?
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Don't like the Jenkins pick for San Fran at all. I don't see the Niners taking a one dimensional NT early in the draft. If they go D-line I would imagine it would be someone like Jessie Williams or Kwann Short. I do really like the Amerson pick.
I don't think Jenkins is that one-dimensional.

Could play nose tackle or the five technique in and odd front like San Fran's.