Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Strokes "Comeback Machine" Album...

http://pitchfork.com/advance/48-comedown-machine/
Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I like it, FWIW. I think you will like it, I hope, anyway.
I'm listening to it right now. I hope so too.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
For anyone who is interested these are the new Vampire Weekend songs:

From their new songs that I've heard they are branching out a bit more from their previous music, in a way I like. Some musicians evolve into something I like less as they go on, but so far, I am enjoying their music more and more.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the second song much more than the first right now. I like the tone in how he's singing it. I like the video also as an NYC thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My roommate from college and his best friend from home have been messing around in a studio since they graduated college and entered the workforce. They've also played a couple smaller venues in NYC recently. He just emailed me a set they did and put on soundcloud.

Give it a listen if you're bored.

https://soundcloud.com/charleswarrenorchestra

I'll pass along any comments that you guys have.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like most in here would find this boring but I think it's hypnotic, dark and yet simple at the same time. I love Syd Barrett so much.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 03-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Glastonbury lineup is ******* ridiculous. Probably will feature on appearance by Atoms for Peace too. I really wish I could do. Ah well, another year.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Homme visits School of Rock to jam with some students.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The Glastonbury lineup is ******* ridiculous. Probably will feature on appearance by Atoms for Peace too. I really wish I could do. Ah well, another year.
I saw the lineup yesterday and pooped. I'm going to be saving up for a while before I can swing that trip, but oh will it be glorious.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

native, onerepublic's new album. i love ryan tedder.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's one of those days where I have nothing to do at work, so I made a timeline of my favorite bands for the memorable twenty years of my life. Anything at the beginning is basically what I could hear my dad or brother listening to followed by who had the coolest music videos, but it's there nonetheless with the rest of this pointless approximation. I think this can be telling about a person and I had fun thinking about it, so here you go.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Xp...it?usp=sharing
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who can't stand Thom Yorke? I'm pretty sure the only Radiohead song I've ever liked was Karma Police...I get why some people enjoy it, but it's really never been for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Am I the only one who can't stand Thom Yorke? I'm pretty sure the only Radiohead song I've ever liked was Karma Police...I get why some people enjoy it, but it's really never been for me.
I'm one of those awful people who don't listen to Radiohead.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm also not a huge huge Radiohead fan. Don't get me wrong, their music is great, but I usually don't seek it out. I like Atoms for Peace more than Radiohead, personally, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on that one.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very vocal about my love for Radiohead. They are my favorite band of all time quite easily and though I don't listen to a TON if music I think have heard my fair share of bands. I understand they are not for everyone, in my group of friends only one is a Radiohead fan and he is so because I dragged him to see Radiohead last year and he now says it is the best concert he has ever been too. Took me about a year of listening fairly often and over time more and more, first year of university, until Radiohead finally clicked. I find I didn't even appreciate some songs until listening 10+ times. Again though, I get that Radiohead isn't for everyone but I just can't help but gush about my love for the band.

Regardless, Amok by Atoms for Peace is one of the best albums I have heard in a looooong time. Even non Radiohead fans should check it out.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I used to vehemently loathe Radiohead and then around the time I started college, something just clicked. I'm not a crazy fanboy or anything, but they certainly make some sweet tunes. I really need to see them live.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy them, but I don't get crazy into it. I would check them out but I don't really have that desire to see them live. Some songs that I really like, but for the most part it's just something that I put on. I'm going to write one more sentence, but only so I can end it with "but..."
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Went to see Sigur Ros last night and they were even better than I expected. Got a bit nervous before they went on because I was with friends who had no idea who Sigur Ros was. They played a brilliant set and put my fears to rest. Ever since I have been playing this track quite a bit. The death song.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Radiohead is terrible. I've posted about this multiple times. They just aren't good. Bon Iver is also terrible.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Went to see Sigur Ros last night and they were even better than I expected. Got a bit nervous before they went on because I was with friends who had no idea who Sigur Ros was. They played a brilliant set and put my fears to rest. Ever since I have been playing this track quite a bit. The death song.

Having seen them a few times now, Sigur Rós puts on easily one of the most spectacular live music experiences. They make such chilling and stirring, yet angelic, music, and everyone should try to see them at some point. It's a must.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An oldie but a goodie

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Born Like This - DOOM

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend