Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins hosting Winfield on Wednesday.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's time for the Packers to **** or get off the pot with Finley, who's due a $3 million roster bonus tomorrow and is scheduled to earn more than $8 Million this coming season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...inleys-salary/

Personally, I'd release him and give that money to Clay and Rodgers.
Cut his ass and sign Fred Davis at the 11th hour.

My dynasty team begs you.

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Cut his ass and sign Fred Davis at the 11th hour.

My dynasty team begs you.

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
He is coming to Buffalo and you will deal with it!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of guys out there I'd love to round out my roster with. Doesn't is seem like the cap is a bit low?

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 03-25-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
He is coming to Buffalo and you will deal with it!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
There are a lot of guys out there I'd love to round of my roster with. Doesn't is seem like the cap is a bit low?
Not if you're an owner looking to score as much profit as possible.

But, yeah, there are plenty of very good players that received zero interest and it's really bizarre.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Redskins hosting Winfield on Wednesday.
whoohooo now we are talkin. finally.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
This folks is an example of reading stats over watching the games.
A pressure is a pressure. You don't get pressure and not get credit for it. Every time I did watch him, he did jack as a pass rusher. It's not like he was getting eaten up by double teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
OL Kevin Boothe re-signs with the Giants on a 1 year deal.
This pisses me off. One of the best guards in free agency gets a one year deal to stay with a cap-strapped team. Meanwhile, the Bears pay elite tackle money for a sidegrade and have James Brown as the only LG (really a tackle) on the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't even know why NO fans want him so bad. He's not good. Why would you want him on your defense? He's not gonna fix anything. He's just not a good player anymore...

I never seen a player get by so much on reputation before. He's all name, no game. There's nothing left in that tank. It's empty, and triple A is on the way.

You don't want Nmandi on your team.
You're the only Giants fan who doesn't know who David Diehl is.

Quote:
You want to be on the defense that will make up for your mistakes and surround you with the most talent to do that.

San Fran will do that for him.
You're assuming that Nnamdi knows that he sucks. In his head, he might be King Badass McAwesomepants who was made to look bad by the scheme or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's time for the Packers to **** or get off the pot with Finley, who's due a $3 million roster bonus tomorrow and is scheduled to earn more than $8 Million this coming season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...inleys-salary/

Personally, I'd release him and give that money to Clay and Rodgers.
Should be an obvious cut. This draft is STACKED at TE. They're going to be able to get a good first year starter in the fourth round.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And that's what you're not realizing. He really isn't any better than any of those guys at all. He's just not a good player anymore. He was getting burned by scrubs last year. In press man. He's not good anymore. And that was with a good pass rush in front of him. NO doesn't have anything close to what Philly had up front.
He is. And whatever admin is trying to ban me needs to message me and tell me why because I haven't done anything against the rules.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monomach, David Diehl was never considered to be good. He was always serviceable. Very good Guard, but he was never a good OT.

I wouldn't call Boothe the best FA Guard either. He's mediocre as well. We love us some mediocre OL talent. Mediocre across the board, that's the Giant way. Eli will make it work.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I know. Life is just not fair sometimes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Monomach, David Diehl was never considered to be good. He was always serviceable. Very good Guard, but he was never a good OT.

I wouldn't call Boothe the best FA Guard either. He's mediocre as well. We love us some mediocre OL talent. Mediocre across the board, that's the Giant way. Eli will make it work.
Diehl hasn't been serviceable at any position since 2008, but he got paid like he was elite at the time. Yet he keeps getting trotted out there to suck at everything...He's your Roberto Garza, but with a significant paycheck.

I said Boothe is one of the best, not the best, lol. I don't think anyone is crazy enough to have him as #1. I've got him as #5 and one of the guys ahead of him is about 200 years old, so there's that. He had down years in 2010 and 2011, but last season he was average in pass pro, fantastic in the run game, and didn't get called for a single penalty. You really don't have mediocre OL talent across the board...just from center to right tackle. The left side of your line is really good.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-25-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Titans sign Ropati Pitoitua. We have been after a run stuffing DE (see Shaughnessy) so I guess he fits the mold. Opinions Chiefs fans?
I like him better in a rotation role then as a starter. I think he would have to play DT in a 4-3 he is huge at 6'8' 315.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Bears re-signed Jon Scott, one of the worst tackles in the league last season. ******* yay. Much better to have someone who's proven to be terrible rather than one of the many "meh, he's an ok stopgap" types that are still siting around in free agency that can be had for the same price, right?

Fire Phil Emery. ****** had a hand in ******* up the Chiefs and now he's ******* up the Bears. Stupid ******** ****. I ******* hate that stupid ****. Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's goddamned henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.

Yes, I mad. Very much so.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Carson Palmer is "highly unlikely" to restructure his contract, which means his two-year Raiders stint is all but over.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
One of the worst trades...ever?

Everyone knew it the second the trade went through, everyone except the Raiders FO that is.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
One of the worst trades...ever?

Everyone knew it the second the trade went through, everyone except the Raiders FO that is.
It was pretty bad.

Playing Geno Smith twice a year is going to suck...
Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was pretty bad.

Hold out hope for Pryor.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was pretty bad.

Sadly I'm rooting for it to happen. I know I know...But nothing would be sweeter to me as a football fan is if Andy Reid passed up Geno for Alex Smith and Geno ends up a stud who they have to face twice a year for his career. Remember back in January when everyone said that Geno wasn't worth a top 10 pick and that it wasn't going to change over the course of a few months? Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still not a top 10 player, some teams just overdraft need

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Sadly I'm rooting for it to happen. I know I know...But nothing would be sweeter to me as a football fan is if Andy Reid passed up Geno for Alex Smith and Geno ends up a stud who they have to face twice a year for his career. Remember back in January when everyone said that Geno wasn't worth a top 10 pick and that it wasn't going to change over the course of a few months? Good times.
I wanted him in KC all along. :(

Oakland might me the worst situation for him out of teams picking in the top 10.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Geno is overrated. This might be a QB class like '07
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I just think Geno is overrated. This might be a QB class like '07
Thing is a lot of people actually thought Quinn and Russell would be good.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I really hope the Raiders cut Palmer. Or trade him for a 7th. Or whatever. Just get him off the team.

Then take Dion Jordan or trade down from #3. Run with Pryor all year and suck for Bridgewater.

The truth is, it's either Jordan/Bridgewater or Geno/Clowney.

I'd rather have the first option with the added benefit that every Raider fan is able to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Pryor got his chance and didn't pan out.

Of course there's the slight possibility Pryor does pan out as a fulltime starter. And that would be fine too. But that's about as likely as a 15 seed beating a 2 seed.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys start Pryor all year you definately are a lock for the #1 pick. I'm under the assumption that anyone dumb enough to act like he "won" a QB battle and then let him play for 16 games should be fired. If all you had to do was be big, fast, and have a huge arm to play QB people would have been doing it a lot longer. Pryor hasn't developed as a QB 1 bit since he was 19 and sadly if he wasn't wasting his time developing as a QB all these years he'd probably be a really nice hybrid WR/TE and a great red zone weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote