Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hopkins and maybe we can trade up to the latter part of round 2 and grab a NT like Short or the Jesse Williams from 'Bama who was a pretty good space eater in the middle. I wouldn't rule out drafting Star if our medical Dr's clear him in the 1st.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Instead of trading for Revis and breaking the bank for him, why not sign Dumervil for like $7-$9 mil/year and use him as a complement to our power rushers. Think about that rotation!
Not gonna happen. Schiano said in an interview at the league meetings that he expects Bowers to get 10 sacks this year, basically implying that he will start.

Dumervil isn't going to accept a backup role here and Schiano's make it look like we're not even considering him.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Not gonna happen. Schiano said in an interview at the league meetings that he expects Bowers to get 10 sacks this year, basically implying that he will start.

Dumervil isn't going to accept a backup role here and Schiano's make it look like we're not even considering him.

Yea it seems in Schianos defense the DE is not as important as the LB's and CB's with the amount of blitzing. Depending on the trade I see us targeting a CB or LB in the first round.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like we're going to be giving up a 1 and 2 next year. It all seems to connect. Dominik is overpaying and competing against himself. Looks like he's going to be an ex- GM pretty soon .

Anyways, when this trade goes down, we'll most likey go dline round 1, hopefully shedlon Richardson. And probably CB in round 2, Jonathon Banks.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
It looks like we're going to be giving up a 1 and 2 next year. It all seems to connect. Dominik is overpaying and competing against himself. Looks like he's going to be an ex- GM pretty soon .

Anyways, when this trade goes down, we'll most likey go dline round 1, hopefully shedlon Richardson. And probably CB in round 2, Jonathon Banks.
Hopefully the contract will be incentive based but I'm sure the Revis camp won't be going for that. If we get rid of Wright that could free up some cap space but not a substantial amount to sign our guys next year more than likely.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:

In win now mode, if Revis is the same player pre ACL a one and two is a steal. Wonder how much pressure is coming from the Glazers to make this trade happen. I think we would be better served going CB or DE in round one depending on who is there and go DT in the second.
1st Rhodes/Jordan/Ansah
2nd Short/Jenkins Banks/Wreh-Wilson
Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
In win now mode, if Revis is the same player pre ACL a one and two is a steal. Wonder how much pressure is coming from the Glazers to make this trade happen. I think we would be better served going CB or DE in round one depending on who is there and go DT in the second.
1st Rhodes/Jordan/Ansah
2nd Short/Jenkins Banks/Wreh-Wilson
The thing about "win now" is you usually see a team on the cusp addressing all their needs with established vets, which is something we are not really doing this off season. I know we shouldn't go out and sign every former pro bowler on the street but I can't help but think, we have two young DE's coming off of injuries but are not doing anything to address our pass rush, or lack their off.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2013, 06:12 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing about "win now" is you usually see a team on the cusp addressing all their needs with established vets, which is something we are not really doing this off season. I know we shouldn't go out and sign every former pro bowler on the street but I can't help but think, we have two young DE's coming off of injuries but are not doing anything to address our pass rush, or lack their off.
Agree with the bottom statement. Our pass rush needs to improve or really, Revis is going to mean squat if a QB is getting 4-5 seconds to go through his reads.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it speaks volumes that 1) the Jets want to get rid of their best player 2) the Jets haven't been great on defense for a while (their pass rush stinks) and 3) nobody else is interested.

I'm hoping all of these rumors are just that. I have a feeling that the Bucs-side rumors don't exist-I just don't think the current staff likely has a mole.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last season I wanted Keuchly... Bucfan12 wanted Richardson... other people wanted this guy or that guy.... nobody saw the Mark Barron pick coming... (a year later I'm still scratching my head). I wouldn't be surprised if we surprised everybody and went a little off the projected path.

We all see Lotelulei, Floyd, and Richardson mocked to us. DEs of Woerner, Ansah, etc.... CBs like Rhodes, Trufant...

We all know Dominik and co. like winner... and leaders... I don't know why but I really see us trading down... and getting a guy like Jesse Williams at #20-something overall and continuing to stockpile picks, netting a CB or two, a DE/OLB hybrid like Jamie Collins a little later. The Bucs don't talk much, but when they do they are very revealing (they don't like to draft OL early-and past history proves this, Dominik loves to move up and down draftboards, per the Buddy Nix phone call-the Bucs want more picks).

I like Richardson and Floyd... but I'm not sure either is a 1-tech in a 4-3... Jesse Williams may really excel at that role as he has played the 0-tech in the 3-4 well AND tested out the roof for a DT recently. He might be the guy...
Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I like Richardson and Floyd... but I'm not sure either is a 1-tech in a 4-3... Jesse Williams may really excel at that role as he has played the 0-tech in the 3-4 well AND tested out the roof for a DT recently. He might be the guy...
I mentioned Williams earlier because he seemed like a need with Roy Miller signing in Jacksonville, however I saw him as a 2nd rd pick, do you think he warrants a Top 20 pick? Last year Mark Barron was projected in the high teens and Scott pegged him #10 to Buffalo. Do you think we can trade down even further and still land this guy? He is a space eater and teams had an easier time running the ball when he was off the field.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Last season I wanted Keuchly... Bucfan12 wanted Richardson... other people wanted this guy or that guy.... nobody saw the Mark Barron pick coming... (a year later I'm still scratching my head). I wouldn't be surprised if we surprised everybody and went a little off the projected path.

We all see Lotelulei, Floyd, and Richardson mocked to us. DEs of Woerner, Ansah, etc.... CBs like Rhodes, Trufant...

We all know Dominik and co. like winner... and leaders... I don't know why but I really see us trading down... and getting a guy like Jesse Williams at #20-something overall and continuing to stockpile picks, netting a CB or two, a DE/OLB hybrid like Jamie Collins a little later. The Bucs don't talk much, but when they do they are very revealing (they don't like to draft OL early-and past history proves this, Dominik loves to move up and down draftboards, per the Buddy Nix phone call-the Bucs want more picks).

If we go the surprise pick I'm guessing its Tavon Austin or possibly Eifert which would be a little less of a surprise then Austin. Really depends how free agency ends up.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Yea you are right, win now mode was the wrong phrase. I think it's more Dominicks seat is getting hot. He's being smart and not panicking, while a lot of these guys will be upgrades they are not exactly really good players. Not ending up with a CB will be extremely disappointing though.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 03-23-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this Revis thing has legs, I really hope that there are serious safeguards and conditions included to protect us WHEN Revis decides he's not going to sign with us long-term.

For example, if we are to give up first and second round picks this year as the Jets want, I wouldn't mind guaranteeing the second rounder, but if Revis signs elsewhere in March of 2014, we should be getting the Jets first rounder later that April, or if he signs after the draft, their first in 2015.

Or we could just tell the Jets they can have ONE 2nd round pick, this year or next, their choice...... or we'll just go get him next off-season. No other team has been seriously linked to Revis, and only Philly seemingly poked around.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We all know Dominik and co. like winner... and leaders... I don't know why but I really see us trading down...

Dig it.

Seems like when it's an obvious selection, we tend to go with it (see: McCoy, Gerald; Clayborn, Adrian; and Freeman; Josh), and then when there's no obvious choice, he tends to go a little wild (see: Barron, Mark; Martin, Doug; Bowers, Da'Quan).

This seems to be a debatable year, which to me, means the pick is gonna be someone we're not talking about. It may well be simply the best player on their board at the time they pick, given how fluid the top of this draft has been. Trade down is a possibility in the first, and maybe a trade up in round 2, maybe even back into the bottom of round 1 again.

The closer we get though, the more I think it'll be an entertaining draft for us.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Oh.... and my guess(es) at trading partners? Obviously, it'll depend on which player slipped and which team he fits a need for...... but some things could happen.

The Scenario - Ziggy Ansah slips to #13

While Ansah likely will go Top 10, what if those teams he's been linked to still have questions, or are worried they may never see him hit his peak during their tenure? Some seats are still hot, and it can drive dumb moves. At this point, with pass rush needy Carolina and New Orleans looming the next 2 selections, there could be a few teams calling. The Steelers come to mind. First, I believe pass rush is what did them in last year, and they have the right picks to move up. And they love Ansah.

The Deal: The trade value chart pegs our #13 (1150 points), and the Steelers #17 (950 points) and their third rounder #17 (185 points) at close to equal and slightly to the advantage of the Steelers.... which is Dominik's MO to make the moves he does.

The Result: We have picks in R1 #17, R2 #11, R3 #11 & #17, R4 #15 & #29, R5 #14, R6 #13, and R7 #20.

Good for the Steelers, they get a young pass rusher to replace what they've shed. Good for us, as it gives Dominik some options to trade up from that R2 position into the back of R1.

The Scenario - Bears get antsy; go after a deep threat WR

I keep hearing the Bears want to get Cutler a deep threat, as they've lost faith in what they have with Hester, and the others haven't worked out. Insert Tavon Austin. Apparently, his WVU Pro Day was eye popping, and I can see the Bears brass just drooling. Just the type of game-breaking complement to Marshall and Forte for Cutler they think they need. Oh yeah.... and Austin is exactly the type of player that new coach Marc Trestman loved.... LOVED.... to use in Montreal in the Alouettes offense.

The Deal: Little more complex, but our #13 AND R3 #11 (1150 points and 215 point; total 1365 points) for the Bears' #20, R2 #18 AND R4 #20 (850 points, 400 points and 62 points; total 1312 points)

The Result: It's a big trade down, but works for both sides. They get their game breaker at WR (and a still a shot at a LB in R3), we get the picks and mobility again to move back into the back of R1.

We end up with #20, 2 picks in R2 (#11 & #18), none in R3, and 3 picks in R4 (#11, #18 & #29).

Also..... if we trade down from 13...... I really think we'll end up trading with the Patriots for their #28 pick. The Hoodie loves mid-round CB's, and with a trade down, we could have a Hoodie gold mine on our hands to shovel over to them, along with a second round pick to get that #28.

Desmond Trufant and Datone Jones, anyone?

Jesse Williams and Tank Carradine, maybe?

How about Sylvester Williams and Tyler Eifert?

Last edited by DeadEagle : 03-23-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

The guy to keep an eye on is Kenny vaccaro. Everyone knows Carolina needs a safety and won't get past Carolina. If hes there at 13 teams like Pittsburgh New England and San fransisco will be interest in moving up. Niners are loaded with picks so I expect them to make a serious move up.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Desmond Trufant and Datone Jones, anyone?

Jesse Williams and Tank Carradine, maybe?

How about Sylvester Williams and Tyler Eifert?
I like Jones and Trufant.,,, and Jesse Williams and... Eifert or Hayden, Jamar Taylor, or Slay.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
I like Jones and Trufant.,,, and Jesse Williams and... Eifert or Hayden, Jamar Taylor, or Slay.
No love for Carridine? I can see him in a similar situation to D Bowers a few years ago

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Let the debate begin! I posted this in another thread but did not go into depth on my explanation like I will here about my Bucs Dream Draft:

For Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

1st. BYU DE Ezekial Ansah - Disruptive player who plays in the opponents backfield, former track athlete who's best football is ahead of him. There is a very high probability he will not be there, so the backup plan would be whatever freak athlete is left at DE( Mingo or Jordan) and if neither are availible TRADE DOWN TRADE DOWN TRADE DOWN!

2nd. FSU CB Xavier Rhodes - A great talent who some scouts may feel he does not warrent a 1st round pick because of his ball skills. Their loss is our gain as he should very well flourish in our Defensive coverage scheme with his physical nature and long arms.

3rd. ALA NT Jessie Williams -Great space eater who very well be long gone by this pick and if he is still around in the 2nd I would love for the team to trade back into the 2nd using one of thier 4th rounders to get this guy. He would definitly soften the blow of losing Roy Miller.

4th. SDSU TE Gavin Escobar - Good pass catching TE who's blocking is not up to par but we have guys like Stocker and Crabtree to help in that department. A coverage nightmare because of 6'6 frame.

4th. USC WR Robert Woods - Good Receiver coming off a subpar year with the emergence of Marquise on the other side of him. Good route runner and familiar with an NFL style offense.

*Also a late round pick I like is the RB from Arkansas Pine-Bluff. He may be small in stature but I feel he will be a dynamic KR guy plus he benched 225 lbs 28 times which is outstanding for DL and he is a 191 lb running back.

Quote:

Last edited by bigfreak314 : 03-25-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Most unrealistic mock. Ansah will most likey go 5 to Detroit. Rhodes will e a first rd pick. Escobar and woods are 2nd rd prospects along with Jesse Williams.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
If this Revis thing has legs, I really hope that there are serious safeguards and conditions included to protect us WHEN Revis decides he's not going to sign with us long-term.

For example, if we are to give up first and second round picks this year as the Jets want, I wouldn't mind guaranteeing the second rounder, but if Revis signs elsewhere in March of 2014, we should be getting the Jets first rounder later that April, or if he signs after the draft, their first in 2015.

Or we could just tell the Jets they can have ONE 2nd round pick, this year or next, their choice...... or we'll just go get him next off-season. No other team has been seriously linked to Revis, and only Philly seemingly poked around.
I don't see the difficulty in signing Revis. If you go through with the deal, there will likely be new contract framework in place. You don't make this type of deal without having that already done. That is likely what is taking so long.

Where the difficulty with Revis lies is two years from now when another corner signs for more money. Or when he comes to a year on his contract where he gets a lower base salary that was written in to give the team a cap break. He will then forget about his huge signing bonus and the big bonuses he has gotten along the way and will demand more money now. So when you sign him to a 6-year, $90 million deal it will actually be a 2-year, $38 million deal with a new deal to follow. He will never be satisfied.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Most unrealistic mock. Ansah will most likey go 5 to Detroit. Rhodes will e a first rd pick. Escobar and woods are 2nd rd prospects along with Jesse Williams.
Last time I checked Detroit also has a need a CB and LT, I know that there is a big need for pass rushers all over the nfl but Ansah would be drafted around the same place JPP was drafted a few years back. Plus if he is gone there is still Mingo. What if both players are there and we can trade back a couple of picks and get both because there are so many talented D Lineman some of those guys are going to slip further than expected. Rhodes is not a guarantee to go in the 1st rd, Trufant is higher on some team board than he is because teams love speed and he might be a late 1st. Also there is a good chance no TE is taken in the 1st round with guys like Eifert and Ertz still around in the 2nd do you think that teams will pick Escobar over one of those 2 guys?

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let the debate begin! I posted this in another thread but did not go into depth on my explanation like I will here about my Bucs Dream Draft:

For Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

1st. BYU DE Ezekial Ansah - Disruptive player who plays in the opponents backfield, former track athlete who's best football is ahead of him. There is a very high probability he will not be there, so the backup plan would be whatever freak athlete is left at DE( Mingo or Jordan) and if neither are availible TRADE DOWN TRADE DOWN TRADE DOWN!

2nd. FSU CB Xavier Rhodes - A great talent who some scouts may feel he does not warrent a 1st round pick because of his ball skills. Their loss is our gain as he should very well flourish in our Defensive coverage scheme with his physical nature and long arms.

3rd. ALA NT Jessie Williams -Great space eater who very well be long gone by this pick and if he is still around in the 2nd I would love for the team to trade back into the 2nd using one of thier 4th rounders to get this guy. He would definitly soften the blow of losing Roy Miller.

4th. SDSU TE Gavin Escobar - Good pass catching TE who's blocking is not up to par but we have guys like Stocker and Crabtree to help in that department. A coverage nightmare because of 6'6 frame.

4th. USC WR Robert Woods - Good Receiver coming off a subpar year with the emergence of Marquise on the other side of him. Good route runner and familiar with an NFL style offense.

*Also a late round pick I like is the RB from Arkansas Pine-Bluff. He may be small in stature but I feel he will be a dynamic KR guy plus he benched 225 lbs 28 times which is outstanding for DL and he is a 191 lb running back.
I agree with Bucfan12. You have dreams of grandiosity. I don't see any way that Ansah falls that far; he is a solid top 10. Even if Rhodes falls out of the 1st round he is not going to last to the 45th pick. Jesse Williams is rising up draft boards and I don't see him falling out of the top 50 picks. Escobar and Woods are both solid 2nd rounders, maybe early 3rd. I don't see either of them falling to the 4th.

Could these things potentially happen? Anything is possible. But it's hard to take a mock seriously when it is based on such wishful thinking.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Last time I checked Detroit also has a need a CB and LT, I know that there is a big need for pass rushers all over the nfl but Ansah would be drafted around the same place JPP was drafted a few years back. Plus if he is gone there is still Mingo. What if both players are there and we can trade back a couple of picks and get both because there are so many talented D Lineman some of those guys are going to slip further than expected. Rhodes is not a guarantee to go in the 1st rd, Trufant is higher on some team board than he is because teams love speed and he might be a late 1st. Also there is a good chance no TE is taken in the 1st round with guys like Eifert and Ertz still around in the 2nd do you think that teams will pick Escobar over one of those 2 guys?
Rhodes is a guranteed 1st round pick. He's got the film too show for it. His ability to play press man and turn and run with 4.4 speed easily makes him a rd 1 pick. Plus, the Dolphins value press man CBs who are big and has been linked there the past few weeks. He may not even make it to our 1st round.

Your argument that Ansah will be there at 13 because JPP was there back in 2010 is absolutely absurd. If anything, teams learn from that. Ansah is a stud and is rising. Some have him to Jacksonville at 2 as a possibility. He's not going to make it to us. That's a sweet and wishful dream.

I'm loving Trufant every single day. Honestly, I see a lot of Darell Revis. Ability to lock down Wrs and just blanket them. He;s shown physicality and the ability to stick with any WR. May never be an INT machine, but I like this kid at 13. Might end up being the best in the draft.

Woods, I can possibly see slipping down to the 4th. But the rest is absolutely a pipe dream.

Good possibility:

1st: Trufant
2nd: Okafore or Carridine DE
3rd: Swope WR Texas AM
4th: Jordan Hill DT
4th: Tharold Simon CB LSU
5th: Wagner RT
6th: Zac Stacey RB
6th: Mike Catapono DE Princeton