Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd go:
1) Joeckel
2) Fisher
3) Ansah
4) Jordan
5) Milliner/Warmack/Cooper

Last edited by woodnick : 03-24-2013 at 12:25 PM.
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Peters is just beginning his prime and spending a #4 overall on a RT no thanks.
Peters is 31 coming off an achilles injury. Show me an example of a 300 lber who came back from such an injury to be the same, especially post 30.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
In my humble opinion, he'll never get by Philadelphia. However, if he does get by Philly and we take him, Our offensive line gets nastier and better. You have a guy who is gifted playing left tackle for the first time since Lomas Brown. It immediately makes us better at LT and one other position because Rieff can play four out of five OL positions. We have Sims at LG, Dom at C, Rieff at right guard and Hilliard/Fox at RT. To me if Nagy or another guy beats out one of those guys we're even better. If everything the fans have been spouting off is close to true (and Rieff is good enough to play LT but with the shorter arms and inferior athletic ability when compared to Fisher) then we would be fine playing him at RT and we'd have two OT's who can pass block. No need to provide a chipper. Or, if he is good enough to be our RG Dom gets help and our pocket doesn't have two holes anymore.

I'd be ecstatic.

Then, give me 2nd) Phillip Thomas S or Eric Reid S and 3rd) Cornelius Carradine DE. Maybe a D. J. Hayden CB in the fourth or Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB.

I'd be all set after getting an OLB that could run and cover like Jelani Jenkins and a guard like Alvin Bailey who is just one great,big, powerful lineman.

That's my draft for now:
005) Eric Fisher LT 6'7" 310 lbs. but I'd love to get Mingo, too
036) Phillip Thomas S 6' 210 lbs. Slight trade down or take Thomas right here. or Eric Reid.
065) Tank Carradine 6'5" 265 lbs. has first round talent we get him here because of his injury.
132) Compensatory pick Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB 6' 190 lbs. is available here because of the depth of this corner class.
Jelani Jenkins OLB 6' 237 lbs. We trade next year's fourth for a pick here and grab him
137) Alvin Bailey G 6'5" 315 lbs. powerful
171) DJ Hayden CB 6' 188 lbs. Depth Corner
211) Corey Fuller 6'3" 193 lbs. 4th WR
245) Brandon Kaufman 6'4" 215 lbs. Red Zone
threat
Very nice draft but it is way out of line as to where players will be drafted.

Carradine is still in the conversation for late round 1 and will never make it to round 3.
Wren-Wilson is also a solid round 2 prospect.
Alvin Bailey is no worse than a round 3 guy.
Hayden likely goes round 2.
Fuller could go as high as round 4.

You need to get more realistic in your draft.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
My first three rounds would look something like this:

1. Eric Fisher
2. Larry Warford
3. Marquise Goodwin

I was thinking in the 5th round they could pick up someone like Khaled Holmes since Raiola probably isn't too far behind Backus when it comes to retirement. I know Schwartz and Mayhew seem to be kind of hoping Nagy ends up being Raiola's replacement, but I'm not necessarily comfortable on depending on someone we claimed off waivers. If the draft went that way, then we wouldn't have to worry about doing anything with the oline in the near future.
3 offensive players, really? So Ronnell Lewis & Willie Young are going to rush the QB, opposite Jason Jones? They are light at DE ...
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
3 offensive players, really? So Ronnell Lewis & Willie Young are going to rush the QB, opposite Jason Jones? They are light at DE ...
We can get a capable OG in the 3rd. I want a 2nd round DE.

ALthough with Mayhew's history and our recent draft visits, WR in the 2nd seems to be a good possibility as well
Old 03-24-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you can't fill all the needs in one draft anyways.. And with Suh/Fairley at DT, we should be able to get by with a not so good DE if the value doesn't present itself during the draft. I'd like to pick up a DE in the first few rounds but I won't go crazy if we don't.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
My first three rounds would look something like this:

1. Eric Fisher
2. Larry Warford
3. Marquise Goodwin

I was thinking in the 5th round they could pick up someone like Khaled Holmes since Raiola probably isn't too far behind Backus when it comes to retirement. I know Schwartz and Mayhew seem to be kind of hoping Nagy ends up being Raiola's replacement, but I'm not necessarily comfortable on depending on someone we claimed off waivers. If the draft went that way, then we wouldn't have to worry about doing anything with the oline in the near future.
I really like both Fisher and Warford. Goodwin, I think he is a bust. He is really fast, and has fantastic athleticism, but I don't see a football player. He has questionable hands, poor field vision, and is horrible at tracking the ball downfield. I don't see value in him any earlier than the 6th-7th round, and I think he is a project with a high ceiling but a very low floor.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post

ALthough with Mayhew's history and our recent draft visits, WR in the 2nd seems to be a good possibility as well
Hugh Thornton from Illinois will likely go somewhere in the 3rd-5th rounds. I think he will be a very dependable lunchpail lineman in the NFL. Solid, well-rounded lineman who doesn't excel at anything but does everything well. Would be a great pickup if he were to fall to your 4th round compensatory pick.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If our offensive line wasn't in as bad a shape that it is, then I would agree with you that taking three offensive players in the first three rounds would be crazy. But we have gaping holes at the LT and RG postions(Reiff will probably play RT) and the last thing we need is for the offense to perform badly because of the offensive line. My third round pick of Marquise Goodwin is definitely debatable. I could see us taking a DE in third round or maybe a different WR like Da'Rick Rogers if Goodwin doesn't fit. So I'll expand my mock draft a little bit so everybody can see where I'm going with this.

1st Round: Eric Fisher LT - With Jeff Backus retiring we don't really have a true LT to take his place, I would actually prefer Luke Joeckel over Fisher but since I think he won't be there by the time we pick the obvious choice would be Fisher. I also think Fisher has a very high ceiling and has the potential to be an elite LT at the next level.

2nd Round: Larry Warford RG - Since Stephen Peterman won't be back next year we don't really have anybody other than some backups to replace Peterman at the RG position. Warford is fantastic in both pass protection and run support. He has an extremely high ceiling and the talent gap between him and Chance Warmack isn't all that big, so Warford would fill a position of need and the pick would also have tremendous value.

3rd Round: Da'Rick Rogers WR - This one was a little harder for me to figure out, but I think I found a great pick for the Lions here. The Lions aren't really that deep at WR, yeah we might have Calvin Johnson coming off a huge season, but with Ryan Broyles tearing his ACL in his other knee this time and Nate Burleson coming off a broken leg, we really don't have much at the WR postion. We could also use a taller receiver opposite of Calvin Johnson which is where Rogers comes in. Not too mention he is also very talented.

4th Round: Devin Taylor DE - The depth at DE is very thin this year with KVB and Cliff Avril leaving. I think Taylor is a good fit here and if he is developed properly, he could be a solid starter at this position.

5th Round: David Bass DE - Usually it seems Mayhew and Schwartz always like to pick small school guy in the mid to late rounds and Bass is also a good DE prospect which can add some much need depth to the DE position. Gerald Hodges might also be an option at this pick.

I haven't figured out who I want in the 6th or 7th round yet but that is my mock draft so far.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I completely agree, LT in round 1
DE in round 2
OG in round 3 or 4
Old 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I completely agree, LT in round 1
DE in round 2
OG in round 3 or 4
Yeah I definitley think this is best case scenario.

With guys like Fluker, Menelik Watson, Pugh, Long, Warford, and Barrett Jones all falling in the late 1st/2nd round range I think one of these guys will slip and be there in the 3rd. Maybe some optimistic thinking but between all these guys and 3 first round OT locks and 2 first round OG locks there is bound to be some good talent available in the 3rd and 4th.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need 2 OL out of this draft. Fox/Hilliard will compete for RT and Reiff will play either RG or LT. The other one we have to fill, but if he plays LT, we may play Austin,Nagy or a cheap free agent(Brandon Moore?) for RG.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
We don't need 2 OL out of this draft. Fox/Hilliard will compete for RT and Reiff will play either RG or LT. The other one we have to fill, but if he plays LT, we may play Austin,Nagy or a cheap free agent(Brandon Moore?) for RG.
Relying on Fox or Hilliard seems rather risky to me, maybe, but I don't think either can get the job done. I think Reiff will be our RT with a draft pick at LT, then some sacrifices could be made on the interior of the OL rather than draft replacements but IMO, Mayhew has always believed in giving Stafford maximum protection especially on a team that throws the ball over 700 times a season, there is little room for error in this offense so another OLman in the draft, isn't out of the equation as I see it.
It is one thing to get by with an average interior on your OL when you run the ball a lot, it is quite another to try this when you pass the ball as much as Detroit does.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah I definitley think this is best case scenario.

With guys like Fluker, Menelik Watson, Pugh, Long, Warford, and Barrett Jones all falling in the late 1st/2nd round range I think one of these guys will slip and be there in the 3rd. Maybe some optimistic thinking but between all these guys and 3 first round OT locks and 2 first round OG locks there is bound to be some good talent available in the 3rd and 4th.
I agree, the OL is very deep in this draft and getting lucky in rounds 3 or 4 just might workout.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Relying on Fox or Hilliard seems rather risky to me, maybe, but I don't think either can get the job done. I think Reiff will be our RT with a draft pick at LT, then some sacrifices could be made on the interior of the OL rather than draft replacements but IMO, Mayhew has always believed in giving Stafford maximum protection especially on a team that throws the ball over 700 times a season, there is little room for error in this offense so another OLman in the draft, isn't out of the equation as I see it.
It is one thing to get by with an average interior on your OL when you run the ball a lot, it is quite another to try this when you pass the ball as much as Detroit does.
It may be risky, but I get the feeling that its the plan. They have used Hilliard in spots before and he hasn't been much of a drop off from Cherilus. Fox's main issue has always been health, but they like his potential. Worse comes to worse, you start with those 2 at RT and if they fail, you move Reiff out there. I think he has a lot of value as a dominant, Carl Nicks type RG. Teams are generating their pass rush up the middle more these days due to the shotgun and all the quick passes teams use.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
It may be risky, but I get the feeling that its the plan. They have used Hilliard in spots before and he hasn't been much of a drop off from Cherilus. Fox's main issue has always been health, but they like his potential. Worse comes to worse, you start with those 2 at RT and if they fail, you move Reiff out there. I think he has a lot of value as a dominant, Carl Nicks type RG. Teams are generating their pass rush up the middle more these days due to the shotgun and all the quick passes teams use.
Again, I'm relying on the pattern that Mayhew has shown in the past and I believe he thinks his bread is buttered with the future of Stafford and will do everything possible to give him maximum protection. If it is a choice between an average OL vs a possible great OL, I think he goes with the great OL and lets the defense have round 2/3.

The tremendous pass rushers are still DE's because for the most part, they have to be handled one on one while the interior OLmen can work as a team to protect the passer. With Raiola likely calling it quits next season, Mayhew cannot afford to wait and experiment with Hilliad or Fox, he needs a solid foundation before he has to replace his OC. Add in the fact that LT is graded as the best value in this draft in the top 5 with 3 solid prospects, I strongly believe that is the direction he will go. Of course, it is just my opinion.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-31-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Schwartz says Nagy is 50/50 for guard/center.

Mayhew is BPA all the way and that seems to Fisher over Ansah. Milliner vs Ansah will be a tough choice but DE is a bigger need with Houston back now.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As it stands now, Mr. franchise is going to be in the pocket 650x (approx) with 3 lineman that have a grand total of about that many NFL starts. Even if it is Fisher @ 5(not my choice), Reiff then Hilliard/Fox & possibly Nagy/Austin ... ALL have minimal pt in real games. Gonna be interesting.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Damontre Moore @ #36 is really interesting to me. I know some say character concerns & gold medals in the underwear Olympics are not his forte, (hahaha) but I think that could be a solid fit for Detroit. Watch his highlights, especially this past year in the SEC, ( ie NFL "light") he's a beast in pads.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Saw Schwartz says Nagy is 50/50 for guard/center.

Mayhew is BPA all the way and that seems to Fisher over Ansah. Milliner vs Ansah will be a tough choice but DE is a bigger need with Houston back now.
IMO, there is zero possibility that we draft Ansah, he is way too raw to contribute this season and his bust potential is off the charts. It will be Fisher if he's still available or Johnson if Fisher/Joeckel are both gone. Milliner probably is our other possibility but I think LT will be the selection since Houston/Bentley are solid starting CB's. We'll draft a DE in round 2.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
As it stands now, Mr. franchise is going to be in the pocket 650x (approx) with 3 lineman that have a grand total of about that many NFL starts. Even if it is Fisher @ 5(not my choice), Reiff then Hilliard/Fox & possibly Nagy/Austin ... ALL have minimal pt in real games. Gonna be interesting.
As long as #1 pick is at LT and Reiff is at RT, although they could switch for a season as our #1 pick isn't rushed into starting at LT, and Raiola is at OC, I think our OL will be a strong point for the team quite capable of a playoff run.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I did a calculation of PPG taking out defensive and special teams points scored. Lions had none so it was easy for them. 23.3 PPG offensively for the Lions was good for 9th in the league for 2012 when you do it for all teams. It's pretty amazing given the Lions turnover differential how small their their points lost by were compared to other teams. Every other team that had the Lions poor turnover differential weren't even competitive. 0 TDs scored by special teams and defense and 10 tds allowed by special teams and Lions offensive turnovers was the worst in the league by far. Most teams were around even in those dead turnovers. Even the 2009 Lions was only -1 in that regard. And the 2010 and 2011 Lions had positive turnover differential at +4 and +11. Lions need to get back on track for that and I think they can.

I'm on board for keeping the offense strong and getting a stud LT. That plus Bush and Stafford getting back on track in the redzone and the Lions offense could be back to 2011 form.

Defensively, they need to rely on the DTs and secondary with Houston/Delmas/Quin. But they need to plug a big hole in Round 2 at DE. And probably get Jackson or Idonije.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

I'm hoping for Reiff at RG, Fisher at LT myself. I think that's what makes us the best OL possible given our options. 2 stud OGs, some competition for Raiola and a hopeful franchise caliber LT. Fox/Hilliard would be the wild cards.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I think Ansah is a big possibility esp. if Fisher and Joekel are gone. I am far and

away in the Fisher camp.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I'm doing a Draftcountown mock now and Fisher and Joeckel went 1/2, so I took Johnson at #5.
I took Sam Montgomery DE, in round 2.
I'll probably take Barrett Jones OC/OG in round 3 although Kyle Long is still available and I'm considering him as well. Round 3 is today.
A Safety or WR in round 4/5

It is only a 5 round draft.