Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If you guys start Pryor all year you definately are a lock for the #1 pick. I'm under the assumption that anyone dumb enough to act like he "won" a QB battle and then let him play for 16 games should be fired. If all you had to do was be big, fast, and have a huge arm to play QB people would have been doing it a lot longer. Pryor hasn't developed as a QB 1 bit since he was 19 and sadly if he wasn't wasting his time developing as a QB all these years he'd probably be a really nice hybrid WR/TE and a great red zone weapon.
Raiders would be a lock with Pryor at the helm just like with Geno Smith at the helm.

Like I said, I'd rather have Jordan/Bridgewater over Geno/Clowney.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about our QB situation.

We are not alone now!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about our QB situation.

We are not alone now!
I don't understand how the Raiders' QB situation was much better than yours before this news. I mean, Carson Palmer sucking up $15+ million in cap space? That's basically just as bad as starting Terrelle Pryor.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I don't understand how the Raiders' QB situation was much better than yours before this news. I mean, Carson Palmer sucking up $15+ million in cap space? That's basically just as bad as starting Terrelle Pryor.
Because Carson Palmer could throw more than 30 yds down the field....through the air.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

...Into a defender's hands without a receiver within 10 yards.

And then blame it on the receiver.

And hey, Pryor can throw 30 yards down the field. He just has to be on the run to do it. Which will happen a lot unless the Raiders get a RT and RG.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Forget all this QB talk - you guys need to just tailor your offense to DMC and go with it.

And pray he doesn't get hurt.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hence Terrelle Pryor. Pistol offense. Reece and DMC in the backfield.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I think we are in the same boat CURRENTLY.

T-Jax + Spiller + FJax = Just don't stop running please.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

And why would I want to tailor the offense to DMC? He might breakout and carry the team to an 8-8 record like he did in 2011 when he carried JASON CAMPBELL before he got hurt.

Then how do the Raiders get a franchise QB like Bridgewater?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

You are talking to the 8-8, 7-9 , "Oh look we are at 8-12 again in the draft" and miss out on a difference maker kings.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm enjoying Sebastian Vollmer's new contract pending whatever the incentives end up being. Four years, $17 million, a little over $8 million in guarantees, another $10 million in incentives related to playing time, etc.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm enjoying Sebastian Vollmer's new contract pending whatever the incentives end up being. Four years, $17 million, a little over $8 million in guarantees, another $10 million in incentives related to playing time, etc.
That is an amazing deal. It's hard to fathom that there wasn't an NFL team out there willing to blow that offer out of the water. For a top 5 RT and someone who has enough foot speed and length to play LT he should have been able to get a lot more.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-25-2013 at 07:26 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
what the.....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermon Bushrod gets 5 years, $36 million ($22.5 million guaranteed)

Sebastian Vollmer gets 4 years, $17 million ($8.25 million guaranteed)

What?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason, there didn't seem to be any sort of market for Vollmer. I think most people just figured it was a foregone conclusion that he would re-sign with New England, or had some concerns about his durability.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Can't believe the Packers are going to pay 8.25 Mil to Finley this season.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The team is going to hold onto his "potential" as long as they can in hopes that one day he wakes up and figures **** out.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate this move. He hasn't been any good since his injury a few years ago.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Baker 6 years, 41.5 million.

Makes me cry.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Bears re-signed Jon Scott, one of the worst tackles in the league last season. ******* yay. Much better to have someone who's proven to be terrible rather than one of the many "meh, he's an ok stopgap" types that are still siting around in free agency that can be had for the same price, right?

Fire Phil Emery. ****** had a hand in ******* up the Chiefs and now he's ******* up the Bears. Stupid ******** ****. I ******* hate that stupid ****. Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's goddamned henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.

Yes, I mad. Very much so.
So....Jon Scott, a backup OT, is the move that set you over? Seems a little much. I realize you have problems with some other moves; I personally didn't like the Bushrod deal either, nor the Jeffery pick, but you're gonna look silly if Bushrod's 2012 turns out to have been an anomaly or if McClellin improves as a pass rusher (as I, personally, fully expect).

The thing with Emery, is that when he explains his logic, it's hard for me to question his thought process. He refers to PFF and other outside scouting services as tools he trusts, but he trusts his staff and his own eye first and foremost. He went into some pretty good detail explaining his draft picks and free agent signings. His whole mantra seems to be surrounding his franchise QB with playmakers, improving the OL in its current state without going overboard with $$$, and adding pass rushers and defensive backs on defense. He went into detail explaining his decision not to address the OL in last year's draft and it was just insanely....logical....to me. If he doesn't know how to build a team, he does a good job of hiding it during his press conferences.

But OTOH, I'm not going to act like he hasn't made some questionable moves. Like I said, I'm mostly with you on Bushrod. I don't put as much weight into readily available PFF numbers as you do, but they did pay far too much. The Forte deal was more than I would have paid for any RB, and in hindsight, even though the deal looked like good market value, year 1 was a huge disappointment. I'm still not sure how a creep like Trestman was able to impress him throughout the interview process, and my instinct is to dislike the move, but I have no way of knowing for sure until the season starts. When I look at the roster in place, I don't see why they can't win a Super Bowl this season. So while I'm not ecstatic, I don't see any reason to be quite as.....dramatic......as you're being. Yet.

Edit: Oh, and as for the comments about Pioli - come on, you know that's dumb. Pioli's problem was an insanely stupid commitment to terrible QB's. They drafted pretty well while Emery was there. Dimitroff is from the same tree and Emery, himself, has credited Dimitroff as a GM whose methods he admires. I would hardly say he's been been in three car wrecks.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 03-25-2013 at 08:17 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I like him better in a rotation role then as a starter. I think he would have to play DT in a 4-3 he is huge at 6'8' 315.
Apparently he was signed for 1 yr. 1 mil. so it seems like he's being looked at as a rotational guy. Seems solid to me.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

makes me wonder if the Giants overpaid Beatty with those Vollmer numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is he still with the team?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn that Vollmer contract is a steal for the Patriots.

Jake Long's contract only counts for 13.5 million against the cap in the first 2 years of the contract, and then after that we can get out of the deal pretty comfortably if they choose to do so.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Why is he still with the team?
To do celebrations when he catches the ball for 7yds?? Why ElsE?

Sig by the King BK

Quote: