Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What do you guys think would be a "surprise" selection in the first round? Last year I think EVERYONE was looking at CB and WR in the 1st, and it wasn't until 2-3 weeks before the draft that rumors started getting around that the Rams loved Fletcher Cox and it wasn't until then that people started projecting a Defensive Tackle to us.

Last year I really couldn't understand why Kuechly was considered a "reach" at #6 but a great pick for the Panthers a few picks later. I know not many are projecting a Linebacker to us, but we could go that route.
I think outside backer is a real possibility for the Rams in round one, especially after the Rams have stabilized the line and receiving corp more with the signings of Cook and Long. If a player like Jarvis Jones began to fall, he'd have to be an enticing option and Arthur Brown at the 22nd pick would be a good fit as well.

The Rams are in a good position with having needs at guard and safety, and those positions being extremely deep in this draft so they could conceivably be addressed later than round one. You look at the outside backer position, and while they are some impressive athletes, there are few "sure things".

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain