Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Am I the only one that is completely skipping over what drewy and LL are saying right now?? You can't tell me that I'm the only one.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
LL, this just popped in my head --

You want a thumper at SLB because... Why?

Because that's how it's done in the NFL. It's the strong side. You put the thumper type over there with the WILL (Carter) being the better athlete.

You want someone like Vacarro, who has the cover skills of a FS to compliment Church at SS because... Why?

Because that's what people do in the NFL.

So why is it at these positions you're ok with following conventional wisdom, but at DE you don't care?

Ware & Spencer are both RDE's in a 4-3. It's like having 2 SS's or plugging in Ernie Simms, an athlete WILL type, at SAM.

Haven't you said you're worried about Church and Johnson side by side because they have the same skill set? They don't compliment each other?

I don't see how Ware & Spencer are any different. Spencer is much more valuable to someone else than he is to the Cowboys. This is an absolute Jerry force move that doesn't have any logic behind it.

I hope I'm wrong.

I want a thumper at SLB because I think it complements our LB core. That's not Carter as he's a Will through and through, and I want Lee to run free and not suck up blockers. I'd like a guy to do the dirty work and enable them to make plays, somebody who isn't glamorous.

At FS I've always valued that type of guy, just because of todays passing league I think it's valuable. Every year I've kept hoping we take a Safety, my guy is typically a guy with great range, a deep centerfield type with great coverage skills. I just think that's my preference.

At DE it's not like I don't care, but again, before I knew we were re-signing Spencer and I thought he was gone I was saying he would make a really good 4-3 LDE. Could still be really wrong about that, but I thought he had the skills and make-up for it. Not every LDE is like what Seattle runs, who basically runs a DT at that position. Didn't Red Bryant line up as their LDE? Not 100% certain, but he's a 3-4 DE/NT who makes a living eating up blockers, loved him in College, not sure they are really doing anything conventional.

Robert Mathis is a better guy to gauge off of, he's listed at 245, played Left End, and I feel Spencer is much better against the run then he is. Mathis isn't a big guy by any means, or a great run defender, or a guy who can set the edge really well. But thinking back to those old Indy defenses they were all small, quick, and fast. I really don't think we would be doing anything ground breaking by putting Spencer there because I have seen lighter guys much worse against the run pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And with no movement on any contract extensions, I'm guessing Huff ends up moving on to Baltimore so it seems. Not sure what the hold up is, but I expect a few mid level FA's to sign by the end of the week.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not every team has a dedicated strong side and weak side either. Some teams do, other teams don't.

Some teams actually mix and match. Fewell puts his strong side LB on the weak side and his base LE on the strongside, to try to even out the front in terms of run defense.

Many teams use RS and LS instead of FS and SS for their safety duo. Some teams don't believe in a strong side at all and play the pass on both sides.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Whenever we discuss defense it's important to remember or try to remove generalizations from schemes. Each DC has their own twist on what they run. And many concepts and schemes are similar and different at the same time (if that makes sense).

The simple concept of a Cover 2 defense for example can be run by 10 teams and look completely different in gap assignment, coverage, formations, and body types for all 10 teams. That's why you want to avoid generalizations.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Here we go.....Dallas free agency starts. Durant signs with Dallas on a 2 year deal.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
Here we go.....Dallas free agency starts. Durant signs with Dallas on a 2 year deal.
I like it. He seems like he could be a decent fit that lets them see what they have in Wilber and Albright in the new scheme without having to go into the season with some unproven guys in a new scheme. With only two years it gives them some wiggle room on finding someone to pair at SLB with Lee and Carter long term. Maybe it's Durant, maybe it's Wilber, Albright, or someone they draft. At least they get some room now like when they got Connor for insurane just in case Bruce Carter wasn't ready last year.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid, average LB, good signing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Not every team has a dedicated strong side and weak side either. Some teams do, other teams don't.

Some teams actually mix and match. Fewell puts his strong side LB on the weak side and his base LE on the strongside, to try to even out the front in terms of run defense.

Many teams use RS and LS instead of FS and SS for their safety duo. Some teams don't believe in a strong side at all and play the pass on both sides.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Whenever we discuss defense it's important to remember or try to remove generalizations from schemes. Each DC has their own twist on what they run. And many concepts and schemes are similar and different at the same time (if that makes sense).

The simple concept of a Cover 2 defense for example can be run by 10 teams and look completely different in gap assignment, coverage, formations, and body types for all 10 teams. That's why you want to avoid generalizations.
There are still some basics that are used by every team. LT's are blind side defenders and usually are smaller and quicker, RT's are therefore far more likely to be the main run blockers because they can be bigger and less mobile pretty well forcing teams for the most part to use their strong side LB's against that side of the field, ditto for SS's. Sure, you can switch them to the weak side but you are giving up an awful lot in run defense, the same holds true when you switch your LDE with you RDE. Teams may do it to confuse offenses but it cannot be sustained for very long or teams will simply run the ball down your throats.
In a passing league, teams will switch up defenders but like I said, these switches cannot be maintained for very long or teams will take advantage of it.
While assignments may vary for Cover 2 defenses on occasion, the basic premises of the defense remains pretty set in its design. Sure, teams will vary it to confuse offenses, but they return most of the time to its basic premise which are zone defenses by its back 7 and an all out pass rush by its front 4, with Safeties covering half the field and the MLBer dropping deep into zone coverage to handle the middle of the field. The Cover 2 is after all, very effective against the great passers in the league.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did we have money for this? I'm sure it's a vet minimum, but still.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Durant is very good in pass coverage, his game is defending the run, so I'm not sure where he fits in as part of Kiffin's defense.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Solid, average LB, good signing.
I was under the impression that he was more of a Will, didn't know he played Sam for you guys. Not sure what to expect, I've always been a fan of his and his athleticism but he doesn't strike me as a guy who can shed blocks really well.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
How did we have money for this? I'm sure it's a vet minimum, but still.
Lol it was done on a hand shake and an I owe you. Once cap space opens it will be official. Rumor is we tried the same with Huff but he wasn't willing to play the waiting game.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Lol it was done on a hand shake and an I owe you. Once cap space opens it will be official. Rumor is we tried the same with Huff but he wasn't willing to play the waiting game.
Also still out there...

Charles Woodson
Quintin Mikell
Kerry Rhodes
Ronde Barber
Madieu Williams
Dawan Landry
Eric Smith
Abe Elam
Chris Crocker
Will Allen (who Dallas supposedly has interest in)
Matt Giordano
Jordan Babineaux
Sherrod Martin (who I sort of would like to take a look at)

Looks like the market is just about bare aside from a Rhonde Barber who could help us.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

Reports are that ronde barber only wants to come back for the bucs.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy to hear that we reeled in Durant. Happy news! I thought he was the best SLB in FA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Which is garbage. I'm so mad at the way we handled this FA. As soon as we opened up room, we sucked it all up for Spencer, didn't have any outline of a long term deal in place and therefore sacrificed a few starters. So what Safety are we going to sign now?

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I was under the impression that he was more of a Will, didn't know he played Sam for you guys. Not sure what to expect, I've always been a fan of his and his athleticism but he doesn't strike me as a guy who can shed blocks really well.
He actually is quite adept at finding the ball in the running game. He has a Will's athleticism with a Sam's brain it is quite interesting.

Quote:
Jimmy Kempski @Jimmy_Beast

New Cowboys LB Justin Durant tied for the 3rd best 40 time among LBs at the 2007 Combine (4.51).
Certainly fits the Kiffin mold. Should be nice to have a defense flying around the ball. I imagine we'll also be on the phone with Huff the minute an extension is signed I can't imagine it'll be much longer as they can't miss on signing a veteran FS before the draft.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that we don't get penalized with another cap hold, several reports stating it is against the CBA to verbally agree to a contract when there isn't funds available yet. It is considered fraternization, too late though because it is already leaked over the web and Durant himself is acknowledged it on twitter. Too me if would be a tough case to prove by Goodell but he did find a way to cost the team 10 mil for a rule that wasnt even written so can't dismiss it all together.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope that we don't get penalized with another cap hold, several reports stating it is against the CBA to verbally agree to a contract when there isn't funds available yet. It is considered fraternization, too late though because it is already leaked over the web and Durant himself is acknowledged it on twitter. Too me if would be a tough case to prove by Goodell but he did find a way to cost the team 10 mil for a rule that wasnt even written so can't dismiss it all together.
I'm still pissed that the two teams who got hit with the $10 million cap penalties are rivals of one of the chairman of the Management Committee. It's such ******** when other teams did the same thing, but only two got hit. I know "them's the breaks" and all, but it's still pretty messed up.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm still pissed that the two teams who got hit with the $10 million cap penalties are rivals of one of the chairman of the Management Committee. It's such ******** when other teams did the same thing, but only two got hit. I know "them's the breaks" and all, but it's still pretty messed up.
The worst part of this is that ALL contracts must be approved by the NFL and they did in fact, approve Austin's contract. Then, they penalize us for a deal they allowed.

To me, this is like changing the speed limit from 65 to 60 March 1st and then going back and giving me a ticket for going 63 on February 28th. It was legal at the time, you can't punish me for it now.

The fact that Mara is behind it makes it worse.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
The worst part of this is that ALL contracts must be approved by the NFL and they did in fact, approve Austin's contract. Then, they penalize us for a deal they allowed.

To me, this is like changing the speed limit from 65 to 60 March 1st and then going back and giving me a ticket for going 63 on February 28th. It was legal at the time, you can't punish me for it now.

The fact that Mara is behind it makes it worse.
Well Jerry and Dan had it coming from the viewpoint of the other owners (not just Mara). They are trying to get rid of revenue sharing and would of been happy kicking the cap to the curb. They have two of the widest profit margins of any owners and if unshackled would be the top two spending teams in the league.

That being said when you screw with the good ol boys club they will hit you. The other owners took the opportunity to kick Jerry and Dan NOT to punish actions taken but for pushing their agenda regarding finances.

This went so much deeper than simply abusing the cap year which pretty much every team in the NFL did. Mara is a dirt-bag but this wasn't solely his doing. The fact he was pushing to take draft picks was laughable though.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Certainly fits the Kiffin mold. Should be nice to have a defense flying around the ball. I imagine we'll also be on the phone with Huff the minute an extension is signed I can't imagine it'll be much longer as they can't miss on signing a veteran FS before the draft.
That was what I liked about Durant coming out was his athleticism, I was a huge fan of his pre-draft and followed him closely. One thing is for sure and that's we are going to be very fast. I'm also not sure we can reel in Huff in time before GB or Baltimore. I think that ship has sailed unless we make room early today somehow.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Moves are going to start rolling through and becoming official. The team is rumored to be doing some roster tweaking to get Durant on board and possibly go get Moore.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...r-signing.html

Quote:
The Cowboys will not only sign linebacker Justin Durant but they plan to sign other player today, a high-level team source said.

To clear room for both players, the salary-cap strapped Cowboys will cut a player and restructure the deal of another. The Cowboys have just $102,000 under the 2013 salary cap of $123 million.

The source said the names will be announced when the deals were finalized later today.

What we do know is that a deal has been agreed to by Durant, who acknowledged as much on Twitter Tuesday. What we also know is that the team has made an offer to guard Brandon Moore, per his agent Deryk Gilmore.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 03-27-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good news.

If we could come of the the next week or so with Durant, Moore and Allen, that would be pretty solid.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Will Allen. Ehh. There is a big gap between him and Huff IMO, I'd have to look up research to see if that's true but I think it is and I'm upset about it. Only thing that would make me not regret it would be landing Brandon Moore which is just huge.

But I'm seeing a bunch of mocks that have all Vaccaro, Cyprien, and Elam gone by the 1st round, Reid could even be an early 2nd round guy. If we take Cooper in the 1st or something, we are either screwed at Safety or gonna reach. Don't like those options.

Quote: