Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Im just not crazy about Patterson at all. He reminds me a lot of Troy Williamson.
Personally I hate when a player is a JUCO and comes out after their junior year. I understand why he came out but I just don't trust him. He looks like an exciting prospect but 1 good year of production vs a player who has was productive in 3 years, give me the player who has production. I don't see Patterson getting near us though. The Jets or the Rams could be in play for a 1st round WR and depending on what happens with E. Sanders in New England, the Steelers could be in play for one as well.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL announced compensatory picks last night, and as expected, the Vikings got none. The bigger news for Vikings fans is that the draft order is set. The Vikings picks are officially:

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
The NFL announced compensatory picks last night, and as expected, the Vikings got none. The bigger news for Vikings fans is that the draft order is set. The Vikings picks are officially:

I like having 6 picks in the first 120. A lot of talent in this draft this year. I'm gonna work on a mock draft for the Vikings soon.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Personally I hate when a player is a JUCO and comes out after their junior year. I understand why he came out but I just don't trust him. He looks like an exciting prospect but 1 good year of production vs a player who has was productive in 3 years, give me the player who has production. I don't see Patterson getting near us though. The Jets or the Rams could be in play for a 1st round WR and depending on what happens with E. Sanders in New England, the Steelers could be in play for one as well.
I think you may be surprised. I think teams are going to look very closely at Patterson and come up with as many questions as answers. He is not a natural hands catcher, and a lot of passes get to his body. He had a decent game against Florida, but completely disappeared against S. Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. His ceiling is very high, but he has bust written all over him, and I think the odds are not in the drafting team's favor.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard it suggested that the Rams are really high on Tavon Austin, but that the Vikings are also very high on him as the perfect replacement for Harvin and could potentially trade up to leapfrog the Rams to take him. Have any of you heard this, and how would you feel about such a move?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I have heard it suggested that the Rams are really high on Tavon Austin, but that the Vikings are also very high on him as the perfect replacement for Harvin and could potentially trade up to leapfrog the Rams to take him. Have any of you heard this, and how would you feel about such a move?
I have heard no such thing, and would personally hate it. I think Jarius Wright would do just fine taking over as the slot receiver and that the need for an outside receiver far outweighs the need for a slot. Add on top of that the fact that I think Austin is overrated and is actually my #5 WR, it would piss me off greatly if they traded up for him.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I have heard no such thing, and would personally hate it. I think Jarius Wright would do just fine taking over as the slot receiver and that the need for an outside receiver far outweighs the need for a slot. Add on top of that the fact that I think Austin is overrated and is actually my #5 WR, it would piss me off greatly if they traded up for him.
Gotcha. Maybe I am higher on Austin than most people. I think he is an explosive playmaker and would be acstatic if he were to fall to #22.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

2013 Mock Draft

1.23 - Keenan Allen, WR, California

1.25 - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU

2.52 - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

3.83 - Shawn Williams, SS, Georgia

4.102 - Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois

4.120 - Keith Pough, OLB, Howard

5.155 - Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

6.189 - Jeff Baca, OG, UCLA

7.213 - Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa

7.229 - Tourek Williams, DE, Florida International

7.231 - Onterio McCalebb, RB, Auburn

This would be consdiered my hopeful vikings draft. Any suggestions or comments are always accepted.

Last edited by The Dynasty : 03-25-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I know this won't come as a surprise to most but ESPN was showing the Notre Dame Pro Day on Sportcenter and Rick Spielman was right there watching.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Power
Rookie

Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.

The Vikings gave a private workout to Princeton DE Mike Catapano today in long island and per this link via twitter were impressed enough to have scheduled Catapano to fly out to Minn to meet with Head Coach Leslie Frazier and Vikings Def Coordinator.
http://college2pro.com/showSingleArt...5HI9BA.twitter

This is a video from Catapano's Pro Day on March 20th at Princeton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAL4b8lwXM

He has private workouts scheduled with 6 other NFL teams according to reports
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is convinced we're gonna take Te'o. Kind of lukewarm on that whole scenario.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Everyone is convinced we're gonna take Te'o. Kind of lukewarm on that whole scenario.
I'm far from convinced of that, and there's a decent enough chance that he's gone by 23. I still like him to be a good starting MLB for a long time. I think he compares favorably to James Laurinaitis, another guy who was highly thought of until late in his senior season and the offseason where he ran a 4.82 40 at the combine(identical to Te'o's at a nearly identical size), and he slipped to the early second round and has been damn good for the Rams with him having at least 98 solo tackles every season.

The Dynasty:
I'd be very happy with that mock. I would have no complaints if that were what would happen. Everything looks realistic enough, other than the fact that I don't think Hyde would be there in 7th, same with McCaleb. Both went in the early 6th in the latest forum mock, and I've seen Hyde in particular go as high as early 5th in a couple mocks. Still, guys do fall, and it wouldn't shock me to see either or both of those guys there in the 7th.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I see Keenan Allen mocked to us and the more I watch tape of him the more I want him as a Viking. I just feel like he's the kind of receiver this team is going to need. His ceiling may not be as high as some in the draft, but I feel like a career that mirrors who would potentially play opposite him (Jennings) is not out of the question.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Albert Breer
‏@AlbertBreer
Ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu has visits set up with the Vikings, Bucs, Patriots, 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, Bengals, Texans, Seahawks & Falcons
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...16639183413250

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He has tons of talent and great upside and at one point he was considered a top 15 pick in the NFL Draft before all the incidents at LSU. I would love to get him but I would be surprised though if we did take him. Just goes back to that character thing with Spielman.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

The Vikings are holding their "top 30" event today.

A few of the guys that are known to be there are Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, and Tyrann Mathieu.

EDIT: Utah St. CB Will Davis is also confirmed.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 04-02-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure my "Dream Draft" would involve something like this

1 (23): Keenan Allen, WR
1 (25): Alec Ogletree, ILB
2 (50): Logan Ryan, CB

After that, I'm pretty set TBH. Throw in a late-round WR flyer and a DT or two and I'm good.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like it. if not Ryan, then maybe a guy like Short if he's there.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I know its a bit different, but this is my dream Vikes draft.

1a- Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins

Both are relatively safe prospects and should provide Ponder with a reliable target so we can make a decision on him without the "he doesnt have any receivers" excuse.

1b- Arthur Brown

My favorite MLB prospect in the draft for our system. Don't be surprised if he ends up going this high. I know he's undersized but how nice would it be to finally have someone that can cover? Hes the same size as bobby wagner and he did alright...

2- Kyle long

Hopefully he drops this far. Super athletic with good size and a mean streak. he would look great next to Kalil and Sullivan giving us a good core of young OL for the future.

Then in the mid/late rounds we get a zone CB and nose tackle.

I also would love us to take a chance on Marquise Goodwin with a mid rounder maybe a 4th. I don't think he's just a track star, hes got decent size and hands and makes good adjustments to the ball. He's got everything you can't coach, the rest can be worked on later. Also he would be a great replacement for percy in the return game.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I'd be pretty content with both of those drafts. I wonder how much interest they'd have in Ogletree or Long though, given the off-field concerns. Long in particularly seems like he might be off the team's radar.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 27m
So #Vikings GM Rick Spielman dined with Manti Te'o before pro day (via @SI_PeterKing). Also talked at combine and had him in for visit. Hmm.

Not sure how I feel about this. Te'o is starting to growing on me again.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Te'o is a weak minded little *****. He seems like the kind of person I would think it is a huge douchebag if I were to meet him in real life and definitely someone I would make fun of. I also think he is mentally unstable. I take Ogletree all day over him. All that said if the Vikings select him and he performs I will give full credit to him for turning it around after the debacle that was his fake girlfriend saga. I just really wish he would man up about what actually went on and not hide like a ***** and wait for it all to go away. He is talented for sure, hugely overrated at one time but talented, so the potential is certainly there for him to be a steal where he is selected.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to an early DE lately.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in favor of Teo, but not at 23 or 25. Ideally, a trade down & a Teo selection would make me happy.

In the first 3 rounds, i would like to see the Vikings address WR, D-Line, & LB or CB. A trade down from one of the 1st round picks that results in an additional 3rd round pick would be sweetness.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Before the Alabama game I was really high on Manti Te'o. He is a high character guy who can clearly motivate a whole team like he did with Notre Dame so I would be fine with him at 25 to get a ILB that we need. I would love to see us wait til the 2nd round to get a WR that way we can take the best CB or DT available at 23 or 25 since the WR Class is so deep this year.