Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
We don't have to sacrifice a pick to pick up Jackson. It's not like we have crazy depth at RB. A bunch of injury history. More bodies the etter and especially a vet like Jackson. But hey, that's no longer an option. But it made so much sense!
What baffles me is, it's so damn easy finding RBs at any point in the draft, yet for some unknown reason the Packers just can't find any. It's really unbelievable when you think about it.

Whoever scouts RBs on the Packers needs to get fired.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What baffles me is, it's so damn easy finding RBs at any point in the draft, yet for some unknown reason the Packers just can't find any. It's really unbelievable when you think about it.

Whoever scouts RBs on the Packers needs to get fired.
NE will gladly trade its seemingly awesome RB scout for GB's clearly outstanding WR scout.

(Maroney is an outlier!)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Larry Grant still unsigned? Surprised some team in need of LB help(which is plenty) hasn't scooped him up for relatively cheap.

And what's the deal with Huff? I figured a safety with his kind of versatility would have more of a market and alot more interest.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This entire FA period has been screwy. Scrubs signed to big deals and solid players getting no attention.

The safties just got extra hosed by the combination of frugal offers and market saturation.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Why is Larry Grant still unsigned? Surprised some team in need of LB help(which is plenty) hasn't scooped him up for relatively cheap.

And what's the deal with Huff? I figured a safety with his kind of versatility would have more of a market and alot more interest.
Huff visited with us yesterday, very upset we didn't sign him. He has Baltimore lined up this week and I don't expect him to leave without being signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huff said he didn't know if he could wait for the Cowboys to clear up their cap situation.

They said that implies he might have other offers on the table.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Huff said he didn't know if he could wait for the Cowboys to clear up their cap situation.

They said that implies he might have other offers on the table.
Not surprising. We dropped the ball in hindsight. I'm glad we thought it was so important to franchise Spencer, for 10 million we could have just drafted a replacement and signed 2 Safeties and a SLB for that price. Not that Huff is an All-Star, but when you're safeties are as bad as what we have he would have been huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Well I don't necessarily think that keeping Finley was a terrible move, they definitely could have taken advantage of that money in other ways.

They could have front loaded the **** out of Rodgers' and/or Matthews' new deals to give them more cap flexibility in the future or used it to give Raji, who they could be in danger of losing because of those other two, a new contract.
This is just it. That's exactly what I wanted them to do. We all know that the Packers will pay Rodgers and Mathews, but Raji might walk.

I'm sure that they have a plan, but I can't imagine how paying that type of money to Jermichael Finley is a good idea.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB visiting Lions apparently

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Brandon Moore ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Huff visited with us yesterday, very upset we didn't sign him. He has Baltimore lined up this week and I don't expect him to leave without being signed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not surprising. We dropped the ball in hindsight. I'm glad we thought it was so important to franchise Spencer, for 10 million we could have just drafted a replacement and signed 2 Safeties and a SLB for that price. Not that Huff is an All-Star, but when you're safeties are as bad as what we have he would have been huge.
Has Spencer signed his franchise tender yet? If not, they should just remove it like Reid did with Corey Simon years ago. If he did, yeah, your team is pretty much screwed.

What really hurts is that for whatever reason, instead of just releasing some dead weight and sacrifice a year, they do the opposite. At least you guys reached an agreement with OLB Justin Durant. Of course, you cant sign him yet until you have the cap room but an agreement is better than nothing. :P
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Barron signed with the Raiders today....Yippie! :(
Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Alex Barron signed with the Raiders today....Yippie! :(
I'm sorry for your loss.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
DHB visiting Lions apparently
Stafford would love throwing to him down the field on fly routes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
This is just it. That's exactly what I wanted them to do. We all know that the Packers will pay Rodgers and Mathews, but Raji might walk.

I'm sure that they have a plan, but I can't imagine how paying that type of money to Jermichael Finley is a good idea.
If Ted Thompson did it, I'm confident it wasn't a bad idea and it won't have an adverse effect of keeping our core together.

I'm not against letting Raji test the FA market. I'm not sure what he's going to ask for but unless we get something else along the DL to help him out he's going to give us the same production as any 1st round talent would. What I'm saying is give him help or let him walk.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Stafford would love throwing to him down the field on fly routes.
For some reason, Heyward-Bey seems to have a reputation as a legitimate deep threat, even though there's no evidence aside from his speed to suggest that he is one. Last season, Heyward-Bey caught four of twenty deep passes for 181 yards and one touchdown; along with the two interceptions on deep throws, his quarterback rating on those deep passes was 41.9, not exactly among the best in the league. Even during his best season (2011), he only caught three of twenty-two deep throws for 132 yards and no touchdowns. He may have some physical tools, but he hasn't even approached quality production over the course of his career.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

You have to take into account who was throwing him the ball in Oakland - I saw some real **** deep passes this season by Palmer. And then throw in factor that is Megatron on the other side.

Even Burleson's old self can get open opposite of Mega.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
For some reason, Heyward-Bey seems to have a reputation as a legitimate deep threat, even though there's no evidence aside from his speed to suggest that he is one. Last season, Heyward-Bey caught four of twenty deep passes for 181 yards and one touchdown; along with the two interceptions on deep throws, his quarterback rating on those deep passes was 41.9, not exactly among the best in the league. Even during his best season (2011), he only caught three of twenty-two deep throws for 132 yards and no touchdowns. He may have some physical tools, but he hasn't even approached quality production over the course of his career.
From what I've seen of him he's better making large plays after the catch than in the air.

With that said, I'm hoping he comes and visits the Titans
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
From what I've seen of him he's better making large plays after the catch than in the air.

With that said, I'm hoping he comes and visits the Titans
Nah, Titans are bring in Stokely for a visit. He's legit for sure.

DHB has been a bust but I think he could be a decent wr on a more stable offense.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Nah, Titans are bring in Stokely for a visit. He's legit for sure.
Sarcasm..?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Sarcasm..?
maybe...

Stokely was good last year because he is a perfect match with Manning, and Manning can make anyone who follows his orders good. Just be where he says on time and catch the ball. The Broncos upgraded to Welker and Stokely should fade back to retirement. I have no idea what Tennessee is thinking bringing him in for a workout.

I do love Stokely though.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stokley and Walters both suck. I'd rather have DHB any day of the week. He could be a solid #2/#3 for us
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Stokley and Walters both suck. I'd rather have DHB any day of the week. He could be a solid #2/#3 for us
I think fans will see that DHB is a better WR than he showed in Oakland. Carson Palmer isn't the answer, and Terrelle Pryor hasn't shown anything.

Louis Murphy didn't want to be there either. I don't think the Raiders WRs were the problem on offense.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

It's been about 2 weeks since the Titans have signed a former Bill.

What the F is going on??

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Oh and forget DHB - and give me Devery Henderson.

Thank you.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: