Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
Glad that there was some TE talk in here because it's a perfect segue to my question. Jordan Reed had a personal pro day on the 22nd, but I've been searching for the results for the past three days and haven't found anything. Does anybody know how he did?

Read somewhere that he didn't work out but will at some later date. He ran a low 4.7 at the combine with 16 reps. Not a big fan of Reed, for me he just doesn't do anything that would stand out for me at the next level and from watching him i have to question his motivation.

Someone mentioned him to the Niners as an option, as a Seahawk fan i'd say go for it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Read somewhere that he didn't work out but will at some later date. He ran a low 4.7 at the combine with 16 reps. Not a big fan of Reed, for me he just doesn't do anything that would stand out for me at the next level and from watching him i have to question his motivation.

Someone mentioned him to the Niners as an option, as a Seahawk fan i'd say go for it.
I'd rather have Kyler or Lucas Reed.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
I'd rather have Kyler or Lucas Reed.
Yeah in that mid round range.

If i'm San francisco with those 3 fairly early picks i'm going after one the of the top 3. (Ertz, Eifert, Escobar)
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Pauline View Post
John Simon/DE-OLB/Ohio St pro-day: 4.62s-40, 34inch vert, 10' 1" broad, 7.10 3Cone, 4.2s short shuttle..caught all passes in LB drills..
Tony Pauline tweet on John Simon pro day.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Also...

Quote:
More on John Simon/DE-OLB/Ohio St: looked terrific in DL & OLB drills. Fluid and quick. Pass coverage skills & ability to drop surprising
He's the best.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Reed was decent when FSU played the gators.

Then I saw him fumble into the endzone vs. Georgia and cry....

And then I watched his workouts at the Combine...

And then I went on living my life.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Power
Rookie

Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.

DE Mike Catapano March 20th Pro Day video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAL4b8lwXM
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I wish I could like Simon. I want to like him. But I watch his tape and can't figure out why it takes him SO LONG to get out of his stance at the snap. He's literally a full tick slower than everyone else. He also repeatedly tries his useless spin move, typically losing his balance and falling backwards in the process.

His energy is fantastic and occasionally overwhelms his blockers. Sometimes he times the snap and gets off well. But I don't think he's a quick-twitch enough athlete to be a pro pass rusher.

I'd pass on him.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
BearTooth
Rookie

BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power View Post
DE Mike Catapano March 20th Pro Day video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAL4b8lwXM
I'm starting to think this Capatano stuff is some sort of campaign.
BearTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearTooth View Post
I'm starting to think this Capatano stuff is some sort of campaign.
LOL. Friends of friends hyping this kid like we're GMs. :
Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 31s

Manti Te'o just ran unofficially a 4.75 40 according to ESPN at Notre Dame's Pro Day.

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to say that John Simon just looks like a Steeler. He reminds me of shorter Chad Brown at Colorado.

Then I saw this....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...buckeyes-simon
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see that guy isn't at least a decent player at the next level. He's strong as hell and measured out well in the tests, and his motor/work ethic is insane (Meyer said Tebow was the only player he's had to works like Simon did). He had some games where he was invsible last year - but I think that's b/c he was injured - but there were games where he was completely dominant. Just need to find him a position, and 3-4 OLB is probably it.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Power
Rookie

Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL. Friends of friends hyping this kid like we're GMs. :
just know this kid and am sharing info fellas...everybody tracks the big school guys. Anyone who is a Vikings fan might want to see this link i read via twitter this morning.

http://college2pro.com/showSingleArt...5HI9BA.twitter
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little late, but I thought Zach Ertz had a real nice pro day. He added 5" on his vert from the combine to 35.5" and got his broad jump to 9'6" from 9'3". 40 times came in at 4.62 & 4.68 down from 4.78 but that is typical pro day. Ertz just had a bad day at the combine I think. There really isn't much of a gape between he and Eifert.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That vert improvement is crazy. Had to have been nerves at the combine.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
Glad that there was some TE talk in here because it's a perfect segue to my question. Jordan Reed had a personal pro day on the 22nd, but I've been searching for the results for the past three days and haven't found anything. Does anybody know how he did?
I've been searching for it for a few days, but can't find anything. When I put "Jordan Reed personal pro day" into Google, the third thing listed was this thread!

Pro day information not as readily available this year I feel...
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

big day for barkley
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
big day for barkley
I guess it's one of those pro days that will be televised, 11:15 here on the left coast. Hopefully i can check it out and give expert analysis. (haha)

Barkley 4.99 40 fwiw.

Nickell Robey 4.33

Khaled Homes 5.33 Holmes moves pretty well laterally and is a guy that will battle for 60 minutes.

Barkley 4.87 (2nd run)

My overrall impression was positive for Barkley throwing the ball today. Take into consideration that his shoulder might not be at 100% and there was not too much to find fault with. Short to intermediate range he's very accurate and he surprised just a bit on his deep throws, which looked to be at least average for an NFL QB. (his main area of concern)

Last edited by Babylon : 03-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just posted that I want to take him in the dream draft thread, but Houston's OLB Phillip Steward tested pretty well at his pro day:

6-0 1/2 237 (A little small, but he's a WLB anyway - has good coverage ability, and you'd even see him lining up as a nickelback from time to time.)

4.62 and 4.68 40 times, which I would say is "adequate" for the position. Doesn't hurt him, certainly. He plays fast, so seeing him in the 4.6s is fine for me.

34 1/2" vertical jump, 10-2 broad jump

4.57 short shuttle, 7.46 3-cone, 12.39 60-yard shuttle times don't blow you away.

26 bench reps.

Measures out pretty similarly to Jelani Jenkins, but a little slower in the agility drills. (Better than Jarvis Jones in nearly every category, fwiw.)

For anyone interested in the rest of Houston's pro day results:

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-fo...3-pro-day.html

Last edited by Caulibflower : 03-27-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@RobertKlemko Marcus Lattimore worked out for 32 teams today. Room burst into applause when he was done
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertKle...950721/photo/1
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
@RobertKlemko Marcus Lattimore worked out for 32 teams today. Room burst into applause when he was done
What a great story.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is awesome.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any results up?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Any results up?
I could be wrong, but I think it was just some position drills and not actually a workout
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote