Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Cardinals signed S Jonathan Amaya. Strictly a special teams guy, but a DAMN good one for us last year.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...754880?lang=en
good to know

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What you've said is no different from before. That's always been the case. Yet we have a ton of players left on the market who normally would be scooped up by now.

I am starting to think, as others have eluded to in here, that the qb market is killing the rest of the cap for everybody. Teams are forced to pay so much for quarterbacks that they simply can't spread the wealth with the remainder of the cap around so essentially everyone else is starting to make less than before with the cap staying flat.
I think that is a fair assessment.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What you've said is no different from before. That's always been the case. Yet we have a ton of players left on the market who normally would be scooped up by now.

I am starting to think, as others have eluded to in here, that the qb market is killing the rest of the cap for everybody. Teams are forced to pay so much for quarterbacks that they simply can't spread the wealth with the remainder of the cap around so essentially everyone else is starting to make less than before with the cap staying flat.
Nah, I don't see it. The only that has changed recently is the rookie wage scale. It used to be, the draft was a crapshoot. Veterans players were the sure thing....and cheaper. But now, rookies are hitting the ground running, coming into the league and making their mark from jump. Add to that, their easily manageable cap figures and its more feasible now to play the wait game with vets. And as I said before, the top tier FAs will get theirs, so guys are still getting overpaid. Its just the select few are getting overpaid....the best of the best.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Ozzie always gets the last laugh. Great signing for that defense. I thought Huff made a ton of sense for us but we've got Dahl so no worries
Now Huff is going to blow up with the Ravens.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't get all the fuss over this Michael Huff deal. He's a below average safety in the league. Hasn't been good in about three years. Sure, the Ravens got him for cheap but you can get plenty of players of Huff's caliber for that money. Kerry Rhodes is a better player and can probably be had for a similar price.
Disagree big time with the "below average". Any FS with his range, speed, physical make up, that can literally play CB and do it solid, line up in the slot and cover a WR, cover a TE man to man off the line or the slot, or handle the back half of the secondary is important. How many Safeties have the ability to be that versatile? It affects how aggressive you can be with other positions.

Look at how people are fapping over signing Aso, and Huff was a better pure CB then him last year. Think about that for a minute. Huff signed cheap for a reason, he's not a pro bowler, but he's far better then below average. He's had to consistently do things in Oakland not typically asked of most Safeties and he's done it well without a top tier CB there recently. He's played FS, SS, CB and done all three of them well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
good to know
with him and lorenzo the cards are loading up on special teams!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't get all the fuss over this Michael Huff deal. He's a below average safety in the league. Hasn't been good in about three years. Sure, the Ravens got him for cheap but you can get plenty of players of Huff's caliber for that money. Kerry Rhodes is a better player and can probably be had for a similar price.
People on this board tend to remember the fact that he was a huge prospect coming out of college and a first round pick so they automatically overrate them.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
with him and lorenzo the cards are loading up on special teams!
along with Patrick Peterson, Calais Campbell, Anthony Sherman and Justin Bethel, just need a kick returner(Josh Cribbs)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm weary of Oakland defenders. Bc we always hear about how they're not as bad as we think they are, yet if that's the case, why did their defense suck so bad?

It doesn't add up. At least on offense we can try to justifiy some guys bc Carson Palmer stinks, but on defense there's really no excuse. They haven't stopped the run for the past 9 years. They can't cover anybody, they can't tackle anybody, they can't stop teams from scoring.

After awhile you gotta take a step back and ask yourself what's wrong with this picture. I'm not calling out Huff in particular, but I always hear it every offseason, how this player wasn't that bad etc. And it turns out they actually were that bad.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB left Detroit without contract but hinted that he will decided between Lions and Colts soon.

Doug Free's contract will not be restructered in Dallas.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Disagree big time with the "below average". Any FS with his range, speed, physical make up, that can literally play CB and do it solid, line up in the slot and cover a WR, cover a TE man to man off the line or the slot, or handle the back half of the secondary is important.
Agreed.

Huff in a nutshell:

1. Bad vs. the run.

2. Good vs. the pass.

3. Great versatility.

Ravens needed a veteran safety and they got one that can play a similar role to Ed Reed. It's more difficult to find a good center fielder than a box safety, IMO, so they shouldn't have much trouble filling out the rest of that defense now.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm weary of Oakland defenders. Bc we always hear about how they're not as bad as we think they are, yet if that's the case, why did their defense suck so bad?

It doesn't add up. At least on offense we can try to justifiy some guys bc Carson Palmer stinks, but on defense there's really no excuse. They haven't stopped the run for the past 9 years. They can't cover anybody, they can't tackle anybody, they can't stop teams from scoring.

After awhile you gotta take a step back and ask yourself what's wrong with this picture. I'm not calling out Huff in particular, but I always hear it every offseason, how this player wasn't that bad etc. And it turns out they actually were that bad.
I'm not really an expert on the Raiders, but from what I've seen the two reasons in bold combined with poor discipline/penalties is what kills the Raiders defense.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I disagree that the Ravens got better this offseason, especially on defense.

It's not that they didn't want to keep Kruger and Ellerbee, they didn't really have the cap space for it. Once a lot of parts went away, they released Pollard who seems to be trouble so I get that. Lewis retiring and Reed going to Houston kills the veteran leadership they got from those guys.

Time will tell, but I think they will miss out on the playoffs this year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Also I disagree that the Ravens got better this offseason, especially on defense.

It's not that they didn't want to keep Kruger and Ellerbee, they didn't really have the cap space for it. Once a lot of parts went away, they released Pollard who seems to be trouble so I get that. Lewis retiring and Reed going to Houston kills the veteran leadership they got from those guys.

Time will tell, but I think they will miss out on the playoffs this year.
They drafted Courtney Upshaw in the 1st round and Kruger is a complimentary pass rusher. Do you really think they wanted to keep him and pay him that price tag?

edit: And in terms of Ellerbe, while I wasn't at the negotiating table, I'd be willing to bet that Ellerbe priced himself out of the Ravens price range. A bunch of people question if he'll even be worth the type of contract he got, and I've never seen a SB caliber team stay consistently good by overpaying their own players just because they are in house.

That's the problem Dallas has. They don't ever let their in house talent price themselves out of their range, they just always re-sign everyone. Doug Free and Austin shouldn't be making anywhere near what they are this year but Jerry just wants to keep the talent he found and what good is that doing right now? Ellerbe was hardly an unreplaceable talent, this isn't Navarro Bowman here.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 03-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
They drafted Courtney Upshaw in the 1st round and Kruger is a complimentary pass rusher. Do you really think they wanted to keep him and pay him that price tag?
I said that they couldn't afford him because of their cap situation not that they didn't want to keep him because he was a bum that did nothing for them.

My point was they were handicapped in who they could and couldn't keep

Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I said that they couldn't afford him because of their cap situation not that they didn't want to keep him because he was a bum that did nothing for them.
Or because they drafted Courtney Upshaw in the 1st round a year ago. Either one.

Quote:
I agree, but what good team isn't? What SB caliber team has 30 million dollars sitting around? Green Bay is cutting corners for A Rod, SF couldn't afford to keep Goldson, that's kinda the way the NFL works for every team not just Baltimore.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Yes I know that, I was just saying they weren't able to really resign Kruger or Ellerbee due to their cap, not that they were bad players.

When a team loses 8 starters from one year to the next, especially a super bowl team, you would assume they fall off quite a bit.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yet, they were able to sign Doom, a better player at the same position....so they had no problem spending money for the right player. You sign players to your price, not theirs. That's what the good GMs do. Sure they wanted Kruger back, but not for the deal he ended up getting from the Browns. Reed, Boldin, Kruger, and Ellerbe all thought they we're worth more on the open market...and they were right, so to speak. That doesn't change what Ozzie felt they were worth to the Raven's organization. And that's really all that matters. Not what someone else decides to pay them.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-27-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Yet, they were able to sign Doom, a better player at the same position....so they had no problem spending money for the right player.
Yes they looked into their magic crystal ball and knew that what happened with Elvis and the Broncos was gonna happen.

They got lucky his paper work got ****** up and were able to get him at a bargain price after teams had already spent money to fill positions of need, don't confuse that with being an awesome gm (even though Ozzie is)

Old 03-27-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes they looked into their magic crystal ball and knew that what happened with Elvis and the Broncos was gonna happen.

They got lucky his paper work got ****** up and were able to get him at a bargain price after teams had already spent money to fill positions of need, don't confuse that with being an awesome gm (even though Ozzie is)
Your missing the point. You make a deal when its worthwhile to you. Overpaying Kruger doesn't help them. Paying Doom or whoever, fair market value does help them. If it wasn't Doom, it would be somebody else, or a draft pick. Ozzie got a better player by sticking to his principles, that's the point.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-27-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Blackburn signed with the Panthers. If you need me, I'll be slitting my wrists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Scotty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phins sign OG Lane Louis

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As everything on twitter reported, Lance Louis signs with Miami.

Sounds like a 1 year deal.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Your missing the point. You make a deal when its worthwhile to you. Overpaying Kruger doesn't help them. Paying Doom or whoever, fair market value does help them.
You're missing the point, they didn't even have the money for it to make sense to sign Kruger over paying or not... I don't even know what you're arguing here because all I said was the Ravens were crippled by their cap situation and lost a lot of players.

Quote:
If it wasn't Doom, it would be somebody else, or a draft pick. Ozzie got a better player by sticking to his principles, that's the point.
Ozzie got lucky that after his free agents he may have wanted to resign left, leaving some cap space available, and a stud pass rusher was available at a reasonable price after that.