Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-25-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A more likely possibility at WR in the 4th round might be Marquess Wilson or Chris Harper.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I agree with Bucfan12. You have dreams of grandiosity. I don't see any way that Ansah falls that far; he is a solid top 10. Even if Rhodes falls out of the 1st round he is not going to last to the 45th pick. Jesse Williams is rising up draft boards and I don't see him falling out of the top 50 picks. Escobar and Woods are both solid 2nd rounders, maybe early 3rd. I don't see either of them falling to the 4th.

Could these things potentially happen? Anything is possible. But it's hard to take a mock seriously when it is based on such wishful thinking.
Ansah is not a lock by any means, I can see him being there at 13. Also I can see Escobar in the third, think he's a late second early third round pick. But yea that mock is wishful thinking.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I don't see the difficulty in signing Revis. If you go through with the deal, there will likely be new contract framework in place. You don't make this type of deal without having that already done. That is likely what is taking so long.

Where the difficulty with Revis lies is two years from now when another corner signs for more money. Or when he comes to a year on his contract where he gets a lower base salary that was written in to give the team a cap break. He will then forget about his huge signing bonus and the big bonuses he has gotten along the way and will demand more money now. So when you sign him to a 6-year, $90 million deal it will actually be a 2-year, $38 million deal with a new deal to follow. He will never be satisfied.

True enough. He is that kind of guy, just like his uncle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Rhodes is a guranteed 1st round pick. He's got the film too show for it. His ability to play press man and turn and run with 4.4 speed easily makes him a rd 1 pick. Plus, the Dolphins value press man CBs who are big and has been linked there the past few weeks. He may not even make it to our 1st round.

Your argument that Ansah will be there at 13 because JPP was there back in 2010 is absolutely absurd. If anything, teams learn from that. Ansah is a stud and is rising. Some have him to Jacksonville at 2 as a possibility. He's not going to make it to us. That's a sweet and wishful dream.

I'm loving Trufant every single day. Honestly, I see a lot of Darell Revis. Ability to lock down Wrs and just blanket them. He;s shown physicality and the ability to stick with any WR. May never be an INT machine, but I like this kid at 13. Might end up being the best in the draft.

Woods, I can possibly see slipping down to the 4th. But the rest is absolutely a pipe dream.

Good possibility:

1st: Trufant
2nd: Okafore or Carridine DE
3rd: Swope WR Texas AM
4th: Jordan Hill DT
4th: Tharold Simon CB LSU
5th: Wagner RT
6th: Zac Stacey RB
6th: Mike Catapono DE Princeton

That sounds about par for the course for us. One, maybe two, players that'll work out.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see the plan with the Bucs right now. We have big time holes at CB, DT and RT. I understand why they want to give up a 1 and 2 in 2014 for Revis. We are overpaying with next years picks so we can keep our picks in this draft. But the way the Bucs have played their hand if they don't get Revis this offseason will get a F. Cause will go into next season getting burned at the CB spot again.

My dream draft as of right now...
1. Jarvis Jones ( SLB that can be on the field with Bowers and Clay )
2. Brandon Williams ( Big Body DT to help cover up our LB Core )
3. Corey Lemonier ( DE that can fly. Can never have too many! )
4. Marcus Lattimore ( Would fill in is Martin's backup plus give some value )
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I just don't see the plan with the Bucs right now. We have big time holes at CB, DT and RT. I understand why they want to give up a 1 and 2 in 2014 for Revis. We are overpaying with next years picks so we can keep our picks in this draft. But the way the Bucs have played their hand if they don't get Revis this offseason will get a F. Cause will go into next season getting burned at the CB spot again.

My dream draft as of right now...
1. Jarvis Jones ( SLB that can be on the field with Bowers and Clay )
2. Brandon Williams ( Big Body DT to help cover up our LB Core )
3. Corey Lemonier ( DE that can fly. Can never have too many! )
4. Marcus Lattimore ( Would fill in is Martin's backup plus give some value )
Draft a CB in round one restructure Eric Wright's contract. Theres your starting CB's. Draft a DT in round 2, theres your replacement for Roy Miller. Draft a RT in the 5th or 6th to backup Dotson. The 3 picks in rounds 3/4 grab a TE, CB and DE.

1. Xavier Rhodes CB
2. K. Short/Sylvester Williams DT
3. Gavin Escobar TE
4. R. Alford/L. McFadden CB
4. Devin Taylor DE
5. Brennan Williams OT

I never said it was a good plan but obviously the Buc's are content with starting a rookie at CB and DT.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 03-26-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is some food for thought, the following is a list of draft prospects that Tampa's front office has met with this offseason:

Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton
Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham
Christine Michael RB, Texas A&M
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State
J.C. Tretter, OL, Cornell
Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State

If you notice, there are no outside pass rushers and only DL is a 3rd round prospect from Stanford. This doesn't necessarily predicate the draft however

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Here is some food for thought, the following is a list of draft prospects that Tampa's front office has met with this offseason:

Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton
Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham
Christine Michael RB, Texas A&M
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State
J.C. Tretter, OL, Cornell
Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State

If you notice, there are no outside pass rushers and only DL is a 3rd round prospect from Stanford. This doesn't necessarily predicate the draft however
Where'd you find this list? It's interesting to see so many offensive linemen on that list.

If that is a complete list, I think you're correct that it doesn't really reveal what the Bucs are looking for, since, outside of Trufant, I don't see anyone on that list who is being talked about as a first round prospect.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Where'd you find this list? It's interesting to see so many offensive linemen on that list.

If that is a complete list, I think you're correct that it doesn't really reveal what the Bucs are looking for, since, outside of Trufant, I don't see anyone on that list who is being talked about as a first round prospect.
It's not. It;s the same thing we saw from Walter Football.com. Mainly it's guys we spoke with at the Senior Bowl and Shrine game. Hasn't been updated.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a private workout set up with Tyran Mathieu. Schiano likes him.

ON the field, he's what you want. Fearless CB who will be aggressive and has the confidence to match up with anyone.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loves his attitude when it comes to.coverage I just can't get that bcs game against alabama put of my head. Speaking of bama does anybody have any insight on Andre Smith? I know he had some issues coming into the draft with weight and off the field issuses but I can't remember hearing anything negative lately. Is he wanting a ridiculous contract?

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I loves his attitude when it comes to.coverage I just can't get that bcs game against alabama put of my head. Speaking of bama does anybody have any insight on Andre Smith? I know he had some issues coming into the draft with weight and off the field issuses but I can't remember hearing anything negative lately. Is he wanting a ridiculous contract?

I think he's looking for big money, but I will say this. If we are not trading for Revis I hope we sign him. He's turned himself into a beast in the run game and tho it's not a strong point he can hold his own in pass pro.

That's a lot of money in the O line, but I feel anyway that this might Davin Joseph's last season with us anyways. So sign Smith play one season with all of them and then we can cut Joseph freeing up the 6.5 millish that's on his deal. Smith is 3 years younger, hasn't hurt his knee and is a tackle not a OG.

Smith to me has the look of Lincoln Kennedy. In the ATL he was a disappointment but when traded to the Raiders he went to 3 pro bowls.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think he's looking for big money, but I will say this. If we are not trading for Revis I hope we sign him. He's turned himself into a beast in the run game and tho it's not a strong point he can hold his own in pass pro.

That's a lot of money in the O line, but I feel anyway that this might Davin Joseph's last season with us anyways. So sign Smith play one season with all of them and then we can cut Joseph freeing up the 6.5 millish that's on his deal. Smith is 3 years younger, hasn't hurt his knee and is a tackle not a OG.

Smith to me has the look of Lincoln Kennedy. In the ATL he was a disappointment but when traded to the Raiders he went to 3 pro bowls.
I agree, that would fill a big.hole on our oline. However if he wants.starting LT money we can wait until after the draft. Thanks for the info

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

W Doston getting that extension, I wonder if we really do see him as a long term fit st RT, but I def thought it was a position we'd look to upgrade.

I think we need to address NT obviously losing Roy, I like Richard Seymour, also Sedrick Ellis, I think if Star is on the board at 13, we draft him (ditto for Jarvis Jones and Miliner, respectively, but I dont think either sre on the board at 13. I wouldn't nbe surprised if we traded down and drafted Tavon Austin in the 17-22 range

Id really love this through 5:

1. Star Lotulelei - DT maybe an upgrade over Roy?
2. Jonathan Banks - CB young CB, big and rangy, playmaker
3. Margus Hunt - DE really love this kid, think he'd be a great high motor guy for our rotation
4. Tyran Mathieu - CB an immediate spark to our porous secondary, he steps in to play nickel if Ronde doesn't return
5. Ryan Swoop - WR - a nice speed element who can maybe step into the slot and truly claim it as his position

Id loovveee to have Jarvis on the team though, improving thr pass rush w.o drafting a defensive lineman would be huge imo. That's all I've got...lol.
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not. It;s the same thing we saw from Walter Football.com. Mainly it's guys we spoke with at the Senior Bowl and Shrine game. Hasn't been updated.

And it doesn't include all the guys they sat down with in Indianapolis at the Combine.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

You know, the more I ponder what the Bucs may be up to, in regards to their strategy with this offseason, the more I think this is the route. In this list, I have "starred" the team captains..... as those guys tend to get more love from Mark Dominik, especially early on in his drafts.

Round 1 - Take the 'best player available' amongst the following list:

*Dee Milliner, CB
*Star Lotulelei, DT
Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE

More likely in a trade down; but also don't rule out:
*Desmond Trufant, CB
*Barkevious Mingo, DE
*Arthur Brown, MLB
Xavier Rhodes, CB
*Jonathan Banks, CB
Tank Carradine, DE
*Tyler Eifert, TE

Right now, in a non-trade, I think we may have Lotulelei on the roster. It just makes too much sense. The FO seems to think that Bowers and Clayborn are the anchors, but not even remotely pursuing Roy Miller (a Dominik draftee too, btw) and not having any depth worth trotting out on an NFL field on a regular basis at NT.... should be about as loud a signal as any. We're drafting a NT. While I agree that it may not be in the first..... still...

Round 2 - Take the best player available from this list, and also take into consideration the pick in Round 1. If it was a DT/LB/TE, then CB gets precedence, and vice-versa.

*Khaseem Greene, OLB
Jesse Williams, NT
*Zach Ertz, TE
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB
Darius Slay, CB
Jamar Taylor, CB
Kawann Short, DT
Menelik Watson, RT

My gut tells me Greene is still in play. Maybe it's just hoping that he is. He just fits, even with the recent signing of a SLB. I'm thinking of a possible similarity of the Amobi Okoye situation last year. Got signed with a deal that allowed us to part ways easily, had to compete for a spot, failed, and got cut. Maybe same idea with Casillas. But, any of the CB's would be good here, same with Williams if he slips a bit, and same with Ertz.

Round 3 - This is where it starts to get a little foggy, but we'll likely see the Bucs' target a player that may have dropped, or slipped through the cracks a bit.

Logan Ryan, CB
*Jordan Poyer, CB
*Oday Aboushi, OT
David Amerson, CB
*Montee Ball, RB
*Barrett Jones, OL
Chris Faulk, RT
Ryan Swope, WR

Here, with the depth at CB, is where we need... re:NEED.... to make hay and get a solid 7-10 year pro. We can't afford to miss here. Whether that guy is Ryan or Poyer or Amerson. Gotta be a contributor selected here.

Round 4 - Now we're in full out crazy mode, and I think, with two selections here, that we're either trading one of these to move up, or we're gonna take a gamble.

Tyrann Mathieu, CB
Stepfan Taylor, RB
Mike Gillislee, RB
Devin Taylor, DE
Will Davis, CB
Christine Michael, RB

I'm thinking we may take a risk on Mathieu here. His play, certainly fits what we want to do. If Ronde is indeed done, the Honey Badger would be a perfect slot CB. That is, of course, if he can manage to drop the MJ for a minute. Honestly, if it happens that Jonathan Banks or Xavier Rhodes falls past pick 25, I think we deal one of these picks with our Round 2 selection back into the bottom of Round 1 to get our guy.

All that said.....

Option 1 - The ideal draft result for me.... the "NASCAR Draft" if you will.... all about speed and aggression.... more speed in the front 7 equals less coverage time for the secondary. And if we happen to trade for Darelle Revis with next years' picks (which I'm not in favor of, but looks like may well happen), then this draft actually makes the best sense, as it could position this defense to be extremely good. Really... damn good.

Round 1 - Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE
Round 2 - Khaseem Greene, OLB
Round 3 - Logan Ryan, CB
Round 4a - Tyrann Mathieu, CB
Round 4b - Stepfan Taylor, RB

And the defense looks like this....

Ryan---------Clayborn-------- McCoy------ Richardson------- Bowers------ Revis

--------------------------- David------- Foster------- Greene------------------

----------------------------- Goldson--------- Barron------------------------------------

And then you sub in a, hopefully clean, Honey Badger, and Leonard Johnson/Eric Wright as nickel CB depending on situation.. yikes. I'd also like to see us add Sedrick Ellis or Alan Branch as a NT for rotation, as well as Dwight Freeney at DE to come in on passing situations on 2nd and 3rd downs in a rotation with both Bowers and Clayborn. And if Ronde comes back, well, Badger can sit a year and learn.... play special teams.

Option 2 - The "It fits the needs" draft.... maybe not flashy, but could turn out to have more than a few solid pros...

Round 1 - Star Lotulelei, NT
Round 2 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB
Round 3 - David Amerson, CB
Round 4a - Oday Aboushi, RT
Round 4b - Devin Taylor, DE

Option 3 - The "we made a trade with the picks" draft....

Round 1 - Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE
Round 1 - Xavier Rhodes, CB
Round 3 - Jordan Poyer, CB
Round 4 - Stepfan Taylor, RB

Last edited by DeadEagle : 03-29-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
And it doesn't include all the guys they sat down with in Indianapolis at the Combine.
Do you guys know where there is an updated list? Or do teams keep that under wrap?

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do you guys know where there is an updated list? Or do teams keep that under wrap?
Unfortunately no. I did see we set up a private workout with mathieu. Well get more info most likely in the upcoming weeks.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:

That's usually pretty protected info. There's not much access at the Combine by the media to where the teams are interviewing and such, so little leaks out unless a team wants that info out there. Other team personnel likely have ideas of who's visiting with whom, but we won't get that info.

Private worksouts tend to leak every now and again if an outlet is camping at the right place/right time..... but again..... hard to link.

Best bet is to frequent the same bar as Raheem and and get some inside info over drinks.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Honestly, watch out for Tyler Wilson in Round 2. I really think Schiano wants to take a QB early, someone with upside that can push Freeman. We never know what Dominik wants to do and is unpredictable.

Plus, I think Schiano wants to head into this season with a back up option at QB if Freeman falters again like he did last year. Orlovsky wouldn't really cut it.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Here's my scenario for the Bucs:

Trade for Darrell Revis. Give up a 2nd this year and a 2nd that can be a 1st next year and Blount and 6th round pick this year.
Bucs sign DT Alan Branch

Draft: Niners covet Kenny Vaccarro. With 15 picks, they move up to 13. Give up the 31st pick, their 2nd from KC and 3rd.

Bucs:
31 overall 1st round: Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
2nd via San Fransisco: Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
3rd: Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
3rd via San Fransisco: DeVonte Holloman OLB South Carolina
4th Round: Jordan Hil DT Penn State
4th via New England: Chris Harper WR Kansas State
5th: Ricky Wagner T Wisconsin
6th: Quanterrus Smith DE W. Kentucky
Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Honestly, watch out for Tyler Wilson in Round 2. I really think Schiano wants to take a QB early, someone with upside that can push Freeman. We never know what Dominik wants to do and is unpredictable.

Plus, I think Schiano wants to head into this season with a back up option at QB if Freeman falters again like he did last year. Orlovsky wouldn't really cut it.
Not even if we had two 2nd round picks would I want to waste it on this weak QB class. Much rather take Landry Jones or Scott in the fourth and spend our high picks on players that will actually contribute.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Not even if we had two 2nd round picks would I want to waste it on this weak QB class. Much rather take Landry Jones or Scott in the fourth and spend our high picks on players that will actually contribute.
SO when Freeman falters again, who do we turn to? Orlovsky?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

You sink or swim with Freeman this year, I believe we see more consistency from Freeman with a year under his belt in this system. Getting both Joseph and Nicks back will help to. We were in every game last year minus the Saints game, improving one of the worst defenses in the league should be our top priority.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
You sink or swim with Freeman this year, I believe we see more consistency from Freeman with a year under his belt in this system. Getting both Joseph and Nicks back will help to. We were in every game last year minus the Saints game, improving one of the worst defenses in the league should be our top priority.
His flaws weren't anything to do with the system.

Dom's job is on the line. He's going to bring in plan b.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
His flaws weren't anything to do with the system.

Dom's job is on the line. He's going to bring in plan b.
His flaws had everything to to with being in a new system.