Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please?????????????????????

http://youtu.be/GELytS0ne24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Please?????????????????????

http://youtu.be/GELytS0ne24
Well, he and Banks are the size that seem to be Baalke-esque.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know Kerry Rhodes is still out there. He's 30, but he has played FS the majority of his career I think and from what I heard he was pretty decent this past year on the Jets. Could be an option.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would not be cool OK with us not adding at least a future #2 corner at the very least. I cannot stand Carlos Rodgers, let me clarify, I cannot stand Carlos Rodgers' contract. He's declining so fast that it's scary, who can this guy cover one on one? And for 7.3 million this year? CB is a huge need because of his $hit!y contract.
Rogers in all likelihood, won't be on the roster in 2014. It was essentially, a two year deal because we won't take any type of major cap hit if he is released before the start of the 2014 season.

I totally disagree that's he's declining fast. He's declining yes, but he's still above average CB on the outside. Some of you take one or two games of bad play or better yet, one or two plays and let that influence your overall judgement. Rogers still makes more plays than he gives up on a whole. His coverage rating speaks to that. He's still the best overall CB on the roster until someone steps their game up or someone who is better, is added to the roster. His cap hit last year was 5.5 million, which is very good value for a guy with his ability. It remains to be seen if he sticks around for the 2013 season but even if he does, 6.4 mil a year average for these past two years isn't something I think anyone should be complaining about.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-28-2013 at 02:34 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You know Kerry Rhodes is still out there. He's 30, but he has played FS the majority of his career I think and from what I heard he was pretty decent this past year on the Jets. Could be an option.
You mean the Cards. And he can play FS but I think he's more of a SS at this point. As a bigger safety, he's range is declining as he gets up there in age. I think he does more for a team as a SS who can occasionly cover a TE in man, than as a centerfielder.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want one of these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alex-Smith-K...e m3a7ee713a0

Kinda.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whether or not TB will be back next year will depend on his play next year and his market value.....due to his contract expiring, the combination of both leads me to believe that he has a less than 50% chance of being resigned(pure guess). He is only a slightly above average CB IMO anyway. If you watch "ALL 22" tape, he really does very little that can be called special, but he plays pretty safe, has a good grasp of our system, and makes relatively few mistakes, but is this a guy you open up your checkbook for? Probably not.

No way in hell that Rodgers sees his inflated $8.1 million next year. Which means that we will indeed likely need (2) new corners before next season starts (hate to look too far forward but it's my nature), this can partially be done via free agency which is why I was an advocate of signing Sean Smith and releasing TB ( see prior salary cap reasons posted many times....TB 3.6 mill savings...).

Cutting Rodgers next year also leaves us with a $1.5 million cap penalty for 2014 and 2015 ($3million total) which is why I continue to state that Rodgers' contract may be the worst of the entire roster....(why can't we admit this and stop kissing Baalke's a$$?).He miscalculated, the CB market went down the next year, lets not be in denial about this.
At first, I thought you meant Tramaine Brock (TB) but now I realize you meant Tarell Brown. Honestly, I wouldnt have released Brown only to replace him with Smith because once Rogers is gone, we still have an overpaid CB on the roster. Dont see the point in that. Would much rather have a rookie CB to develop for 2013 and then start in 2014 opposite Culliver with Cox as the nickelback and Brock as the dime back. And no, I wouldnt pay Brown and am expecting him to be alllowed to walk as an UFA in 2014. Rogers never should have been re-signed in the first place but whats done is done. Either way, he'll be gone in a year from now. And I agree with your opinion about Rogers and Baalke re-signing him. Didnt like the move a year ago and after losing Goldson, I hate the move even more now.

Quote:
What if Trufant is still there? Or Rhodes? What about a stud DE like Datone Jones?WR Justin Hunter? Would you really have Barrett Jones above all these guys?
At 31, my order out of the above guys would be Trufant, D. Jones, Rhodes, B. Jones and Hunter. I can see a mid round redzone WR or a deep threat but not in the first round. No ******* way!!! Not worth it because most here say that it takes three years for a WR to develop so by the time that happens, he'll be entering the final year of his rookie deal. No thanks. Unless its a Calvin Johnson / A.J. Green type, I stay away from WR at 31.

Would love Trufant but I see him and Rhodes both going before its our pick. With the league being more focused on passing, the corners will be taken quickly. I say top 20 for all three. If it came down to Datone Jones and Barrett Jones, honestly, I would take Barrett Jones because the Ravens wont take Datone and neither will JAX so im not concerned about losing him unless a team trades up and to be honest, if I had to trade a 4th rounder to move up to 32 with BAL to get Jones and Jones, so be it as I care more about the quality than quantity.

The reason why I would take Barrett is for everything I have posted earlier but also, looking at BAL and JAX, BOTH have a HUGE need at center. Birk retired and while JAX re-signed Meester, the guy is like 40 or whatever. More concerned about losing Barrett at 32 and 33 than I am Datone.

Granted, my ranking order is different than what I would do mainly because I dont see Trufant and Rhodes being around at 31 and value Barrett more than Datone at 31 because I think that between BAL and JAX, there's a greater chance that Barrett wont last three picks later where as with Datone, I think he will.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Dan as much as I like BJ, there's no scenario I see him as our pick at 31. Its more wishful thinking. Baalke ALWAYS goes biggest need first pick. Look at his last three drafts. Barrett Jones will be there at 34 or maybe even 61. I don't think he makes it out of round two, despite what most of pundits are saying. The Ravens need ILBs right now, more than they need a center. Teo right there makes a ton of sense for them. And Jax needs playmakers....EVERYWHERE. I don't see them addressing O-Line that early.

I really hope we take either Datone Jones or Justin Hunter at 31. But I just know Baalke is going to go biggest need, which is a safety. I just think he can get greater value for the position in the 3rd round where someone who was projected to go earlier will slip through the cracks or somebody I think is really undervalued like a Shermarko Thomas, or Rambo will still be there.

I really hope its Hunter, if he's still on the board. I've been saying we need a true red-zone target for years. Baalke seems to have some sort of fascination with 6'0 - 6'1 WRs. But we have to get through Seattle to get to another SB and being that Sherman and Browner go 6'3, and 6'4 respectively, it makes sense to me to get some guys with a bigger catch radius in here, to match up against these guys on the outside. Hunter to me, is AJ Green lite. He's extremely long and explosive. 40.5" vert and 11'6" in the broad, on a 6'4 frame is all you need to know. The rest of his game can be polished with coaching. A little frail but once he gets in a NFL weight training program, the bulk will come. I don't see any DB out-jumping this kid for balls anywhere on the field.

My dream scenario is Hunter at 31, D. Jones at 34, and B. Jones at 61. I would turn off the tv, do the happy dance, and not watch another minute of the draft after that because I would feel like whatever else happened after that would be icing on the cake. But I know that dream is pretty much unrealistic.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-28-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

double post

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-28-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, he and Banks are the size that seem to be Baalke-esque.
Popular thought but I'm honestly confused where this "Baalke loves big corners" thought began.

None of the 49ers CBs are over 6'0" 200lbs.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Popular thought but I'm honestly confused where this "Baalke loves big corners" thought began.

None of the 49ers CBs are over 6'0" 200lbs.
Well recent trends would indicate he wants bigger guys than he has currently. Looking at all the guys he's targeted this year in free agency would suggests he wants to get taller guys on the outside. I expect the draft to reflect that as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Dan as much as I like BJ, there's no scenario I see him as our pick at 31. Its more wishful thinking. Baalke ALWAYS goes biggest need first pick. Look at his last three drafts. Barrett Jones will be there at 34 or maybe even 61. I don't think he makes it out of round two, despite what most of pundits are saying. The Ravens need ILBs right now, more than they need a center. Teo right there makes a ton of sense for them. And Jax needs playmakers....EVERYWHERE. I don't see them addressing O-Line that early.

I really hope we take either Datone Jones or Justin Hunter at 31. But I just know Baalke is going to go biggest need, which is a safety. I just think he can get greater value for the position in the 3rd round where someone who was projected to go earlier will slip through the cracks or somebody I think is really undervalued like a Shermarko Thomas, or Rambo will still be there.

I really hope its Hunter, if he's still on the board. I've been saying we need a true red-zone target for years. Baalke seems to have some sort of fascination with 6'0 - 6'1 WRs. But we have to get through Seattle to get to another SB and being that Sherman and Browner go 6'3, and 6'4 respectively, it makes sense to me to get some guys with a bigger catch radius in here, to match up against these guys on the outside. Hunter to me, is AJ Green lite. He's extremely long and explosive. 40.5" vert and 11'6" in the broad, on a 6'4 frame is all you need to know. The rest of his game can be polished with coaching. A little frail but once he gets in a NFL weight training program, the bulk will come. I don't see any DB out-jumping this kid for balls anywhere on the field.

My dream scenario is Hunter at 31, D. Jones at 34, and B. Jones at 61. I would turn off the tv, do the happy dance, and not watch another minute of the draft after that because I would feel like whatever else happened after that would be icing on the cake. But I know that dream is pretty much unrealistic.

Absolutely agree with both of these points. I'm not sure who my dream pick is at 61 though.

For 31 & 34 my board would be:

Vaccaro
Rhodes
Trufant

Jones
Hunter
Jesse Williams
Kawaan Short

(with the 1st 3 unlikely to be there)

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Absolutely agree with both of these points. I'm not sure who my dream pick is at 61 though.

For 31 & 34 my board would be:

Vaccaro
Rhodes
Trufant

Jones
Hunter
Jesse Williams
Kawaan Short

(with the 1st 3 unlikely to be there)
No way Vaccaro makes it to 31. If we want him, we're going to have to trade up. He'll never make it past the Cowboys at 16. I think Trufant is the second CB drafted but it might be Rhodes, then Trufant.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
No way Vaccaro makes it to 31. If we want him, we're going to have to trade up. He'll never make it past the Cowboys at 16. I think Trufant is the second CB drafted but it might be Rhodes, then Trufant.
If you assume that Vaccaro, Rhodes, and Trufant are all off the board then the board is less sexy for 31 and 34:

Datone Jones
Justin Hunter
Kawaan Short
Matt Elam
Jesse Williams
Johnathan Cyprien
Eric Reid
Barret Jones

The reason I rank Hunter highly is because I think there is a bigger drop-off for WR's after Hunter as compared to the DE or S positions.

What do you guys think about my board? What would you change?

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you assume that Vaccaro, Rhodes, and Trufant are all off the board then the board is less sexy for 31 and 34:

Datone Jones
Justin Hunter
Kawaan Short
Matt Elam
Jesse Williams
Johnathan Cyprien
Eric Reid
Barret Jones

The reason I rank Hunter highly is because I think there is a bigger drop-off for WR's after Hunter as compared to the DE or S positions.

What do you guys think about my board? What would you change?
Nothing wrong with it...all those guys should be there. Personally though, I think only Hunter, B. Jones and D. Jones are guys worthy of 31 or 34 for us and our needs. I don't like Williams or Elam, and I think both Reid or Cyprien can be had at 61 or later.

I aslo think Hunter has slid in front of Kennan Allen as the 3rd WR after Patterson and Austin. And that's why Im afraid he may not even make it to 31. Being injured during the Combine and Pro Day evaluation period always drops guys lower than were projected initially. But Allen at 31 or 34 wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-29-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Nothing wrong with it...all those guys should be there. Personally though, I think only Hunter, B. Jones and D. Jones are guys worthy of 31 or 34 for us and our needs. I don't like Williams or Elam, and I think both Reid or Cyprien can be had at 61 or later.

I aslo think Hunter has slid in front of Kennan Allen as the 3rd WR after Patterson and Austin. And that's why Im afraid he may not even make it to 31. Being injured during the Combine and Pro Day evaluation period always drops guys lower than were projected initially. But Allen at 31 or 34 wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
Hell yeah I'll take Allen, I don't see him getting there though.

Worse case scenario:The underlined players are off the board and this is what we are left with....

Datone Jones
Justin Hunter

Kawaan Short
Matt Elam
Jesse Williams
Johnathan Cyprien
Eric Reid
Barret Jones

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I guess it depends on your own personal board, but none of those guys I would be particularly thrilled if we took them at 31 or 34 besides B. Jones. And even with Jones, who I love and believe has 1st round talent but being injured during the draft process, I think he can be had at 61. Especially with Schwenke still on the board and him being the regarded as the better OC prospect. But the beauty with B. Jones is I see him as a guy who could fill our swing tackle spot and/or be a interior guy. So I wouldn't mind him at 31 at all. I just don't think Baalke would realistically.

I just think 31 is going to a pick that comes out of nowhere...just like Baalke has been known to do.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
I guess it depends on your own personal board, but none of those guys I would be particularly thrilled if we took them at 31 or 34 besides B. Jones. And even with Jones, who I love and believe has 1st round talent but being injured during the draft process, I think he can be had at 61. Especially with Schwenke still on the board and him being the regarded as the better OC prospect. But the beauty with B. Jones is I see him as a guy who could fill our swing tackle spot and/or be a interior guy. So I wouldn't mind him at 31 at all. I just don't think Baalke would realistically.

I just think 31 is going to a pick that comes out of nowhere...just like Baalke has been known to do.

I will 100% guarantee a full Bud Light will be thrown through my TV if it's Manti Teo......I think a likely shocker pick would be somebody like Schwenke @ 31, not sure how I would feel about Margus Hunt....

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last three drafts in regards to our biggest need -

2012 - WR A.J. Jenkins
2011 - OLB Aldon Smith
2010 - OT Anthony Davis and OG Mike Iupati

I agree with 2010 and 2011 but Jenkins was NOT a need. He was 5th on the depth chart after Crabtree, Manningham, Moss and Williams. Seriously, he wasnt a need and neither is a WR now. Unless injuries happen, Jenkins and a rookie WR will barely if ever get on the field.

As for Ravens and Jaguars, I agree with you but I think that Ravens go center at 32 because right now, its about their offense. have to keep the offense clicking and not having a franchise center with Flacco could turn out to be a problem. Jaguars....who the hell knows what they do. LOL.

I wouldnt mind your scenario of Hunter, Jones and Jones but I dont see Barrett lasting that long. As for Hunter, again, im seriously hoping that its not a WR at 31. Back to back drafts at WR??? UGH.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will 100% guarantee a full Bud Light will be thrown through my TV if it's Manti Teo......I think a likely shocker pick would be somebody like Schwenke @ 31, not sure how I would feel about Margus Hunt....
LOL T'eo. That would be hilarious.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
LOL T'eo. That would be hilarious.
Stedman Bailey, Darrius Slay, Sio Moore....lol

Man I don't know if I can take another shocker this year.......

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 03:18 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still am under the belief that 31 and/or 34 won't be used at those spots. There's gonna be a trade to get the guy Baalke wants. He has a history of doing so.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:06 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Last three drafts in regards to our biggest need -

2012 - WR A.J. Jenkins
2011 - OLB Aldon Smith
2010 - OT Anthony Davis and OG Mike Iupati

I agree with 2010 and 2011 but Jenkins was NOT a need. He was 5th on the depth chart after Crabtree, Manningham, Moss and Williams. Seriously, he wasnt a need and neither is a WR now. Unless injuries happen, Jenkins and a rookie WR will barely if ever get on the field.

As for Ravens and Jaguars, I agree with you but I think that Ravens go center at 32 because right now, its about their offense. have to keep the offense clicking and not having a franchise center with Flacco could turn out to be a problem. Jaguars....who the hell knows what they do. LOL.

I wouldnt mind your scenario of Hunter, Jones and Jones but I dont see Barrett lasting that long. As for Hunter, again, im seriously hoping that its not a WR at 31. Back to back drafts at WR??? UGH.
WR was our biggest need, regardless of what we did in free agency. We didn't have any young talent ready and waiting in the wings so yes, it was a draft need. MM and Moss were one and two year deals. It was the only real glaring weakness on the roster, even with signing Moss and MM, especially considering how piss-poor our passing game was the previous season.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-29-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nah, I feel its going be a DB, but a guy ppl will consider a reach....like a Amerson or Reid. Even a guy like Simon. Like I said, Baalke always goes biggest need first. FS is clearly the biggest need at this point. Especially if we don't sign either Woodson or Aso, which I am praying for.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I still am under the belief that 31 and/or 34 won't be used at those spots. There's gonna be a trade to get the guy Baalke wants. He has a history of doing so.
I thought that too and its still a possibility. But honestly, that little cluster of picks is really an ideal spot to actually trade back, not necessarily move up. We are really in a good spot because if a couple of players slip to the bottom of the first or to the second, who GMs thought would be gone(which happens every year,) teams will be looking to trade up and grab guys they didn't know would still be on the board. It will all depend on how our board is set up. Baalke generally does a great job at knowing when guys will come off the board and if he really likes guys that he knows he can probably grab later, he could very well trade back.

Or he could wait and see what talent falls into his lap and pounce. Like I said, Baalke's in a great position to own this draft. Its one of the reasons I was kind of surprised he has been so active in free agency. I figure we'd sign a vet FS, some lowly ST signings like Skuta and Brock and maybe a penetrating DT but that would be it. We did all those, traded for Boldin, signed a kicker, brought in a lowly WR, and are still looking at bringing in Aso or Woodson. That could also signal he's not going to have as many players drafted as I think, which would support your arguement that he's looking to move up in a major way to grand tbr

I will say this, I think the surprise position might be QB. Maybe not at 31, but at 34, I could definitely see a Baalke targeting a QB.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-29-2013 at 05:49 AM.