Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You do realize that more people than just NFLDCers watch the show, right? I mean.. you do know that?
No way! My mind is blown.

Many people I know irl have watched and love it. Across the internet I have only seen it praised. Not that I judge things based on what other people think. Just pointing out that you continue to post ridiculous things but that is nothing new. Of course at this point I feel like you are just annoying on purpose haha.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This finale of Justified is going to be quite exciting.
I don't understand why all of these asshats argue over House of Cards yet refuse to watch one of the better shows on TV. Justified is so damn underrated.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
No way! My mind is blown.

Many people I know irl have watched and love it. Across the internet I have only seen it praised. Not that I judge things based on what other people think. Just pointing out that you continue to post ridiculous things but that is nothing new. Of course at this point I feel like you are just annoying on purpose haha.
Hilarious when you are calling someone else annoying.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we care about this debate Tim?

Nope.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't understand why all of these asshats argue over House of Cards yet refuse to watch one of the better shows on TV. Justified is so damn underrated.
It's in my Netflix queue. My father and my father-in-law have been harassing me to watch it.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll watch Justified eventually. I have too many things in my queue ahead of it.

dealwithit.jpg Brody.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justified is a show I would like to follow. Not sure when I'll get around to it, though. I say that about a lot of shows. But it seems cool and I only hear good things about Olyphant, Goggins, Martindale, Oswalt, ...
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is house of cards only on Netflix?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Justified is a show I would like to follow. Not sure when I'll get around to it, though. I say that about a lot of shows. But it seems cool and I only hear good things about Olyphant, Goggins, Martindale, Oswalt, ...
Justified is my favorite show on tv for now (until GOT starts again). Anything with Goggins is worth a watch, his character arc throughout the show is pretty impressive. The Shield is awesome too if you haven't already seen it.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the first episode of House of Cards. I think I fall into the Vidae camp. It seemed overly serious. Every character was completely dry. They showed one emotion (or really, they showed an utter lack of emotion). And Spacey breaking the fourth wall from time to time seems a bit out of style with he rest of the show. I've never watched the West Wing, so I can't compare the two shows. All I can say is that I hope future episodes get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously Im sure I over post about it, and it isn't in the realm of GoT of MM or BB, but Justified is at the top of the tier below them. Its terribly underrated, and even the episodes where its dialogue centric, the characters are just so damn enjoyable that you don't mind watching them interact with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously Im sure I over post about it, and it isn't in the realm of GoT of MM or BB, but Justified is at the top of the tier below them. Its terribly underrated, and even the episodes where its dialogue centric, the characters are just so damn enjoyable that you don't mind watching them interact with each other.
If you feel that strongly about the show the only way to get people to watch it to keep talking about it so who gives a **** if you are over posting! I watched the first 10 minutes a while back but then had to do something. Have not gotten around to watching the rest as of yet.

I do ******* love Tim Olyphant and Walt Goggins so I will be checking it out at some point in the near future.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of this Justified talk makes me wanna rewatch Olyphant as the most awesome small time E dealer ever in Go.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
All of this Justified talk makes me wanna rewatch Olyphant as the most awesome small time E dealer ever in Go.
He turned me into a fan for life with his role in The Girl Next Door. He is just so damn charismatic.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Is house of cards only on Netflix?
Yep. (10ch)
Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
I'm convinced forenci is actually some kind of catholic girl/woman(doubtful any sort of adult reference) or some weird ****... you're gripes with most things generally disturb me
Not sure why you have to bring religion into it, joke or otherwise, but I am not catholic nor a female. I have no issues with swearing, personally. It doesn't offend me in any way. My brother is a notorious dropped of f-bomb's.

To me it's just weak writing. These guys are professional writers that are taking the easy way out. It's much easier to get your point across by saying, "this is ******* stupid" to finding a more dramatic/interesting way to do so. Plus it weakens the emphasis on the word. It's like when my brother constantly drops F-bombs I don't really take notice of it. Compare that to when my mom drops one I'm at a loss for words.

Quote:
She is great. Spacey and Wright are brilliant as the leads imo and I know I keep saying it Corey Stoll as Peter Russo makes the show. One of the better performances I have seen on television in a while.

I think the arguments that Forenci has been making are crazy but he is entitled to his opinion. It is very hard to sympathize with the characters but to me that is what makes them real. Slowly as the show progresses more layers of the characters get peeled off, they are very fleshed out and brilliantly written and performed.
Meh, no offense but you are a film/tv snob to the extreme. Yes, the overall plot (mainly Spacey's plot) is good and interesting. All the other stuff is boring. Oh, Russo has a drug problem and likes sleeping with women in his office. How original. Mara's character is boring (as much as I love her). A journalist with questionable integrity willing to do anything to make headlines. Hooray. How original. Almost everyone else is just scummy.

I just don't find it that interesting. And going back to my original point of you being a film snob I think you're trying way too hard to make this show likable. Being hard to sympathize is what makes them real? Horse ****. There are dozens of characters and not one of them is likable person? Non-sense. It's so obvious the writers are TRYING to make them bad, but not too bad, because then we'd hate them all. It's just weak to me. It's fine if one character is like that, ala Spacey, because it fits what he's trying to do. To make EVERY CHARACTER in the damn show like this is just stupid and repetitive.

It's not a terrible show, don't get me wrong. They just need to find some focus. I feel like it's not focused at all, except when we see what Spacey's character is doing. And honestly, it's not even that smart. The "film noir" element sort of ruins it. The fact that we get to know everything he does and why makes it extremely boring to me.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you feel that strongly about the show the only way to get people to watch it to keep talking about it so who gives a **** if you are over posting! I watched the first 10 minutes a while back but then had to do something. Have not gotten around to watching the rest as of yet.

I do ******* love Tim Olyphant and Walt Goggins so I will be checking it out at some point in the near future.
Considering how I usually am on the same page about shows as you and Vidae, I'm telling you that Justified is something youd both love. 1st season is decent but after that it gets bonerific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright is nowhere near brilliant. Her storyline with the non-profit is dull and superfluous. Spacey's storyline is interesting. But like I said last night, his acting is so horizontal. There is no emotion. Even when he gets screwed out of Secretary of State, he shows absolutely no emotion. Breaking the bowl offscreen was the most emotion he has shown.

I will agree with Gonzo that Stoll is the best part of the show. Not so much his storyline, but his acting. In a show full of dry, one-dimensional, seriousness, he actually shows a full range of emotion.

I watched half of the first season last night. It did get much better as the series progressed. But it still isn't anything breathtaking. I'll continuing watching it though as politics is pretty much the thing that interests me most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not sure why you have to bring religion into it, joke or otherwise, but I am not catholic nor a female. I have no issues with swearing, personally. It doesn't offend me in any way. My brother is a notorious dropped of f-bomb's.

To me it's just weak writing. These guys are professional writers that are taking the easy way out. It's much easier to get your point across by saying, "this is ******* stupid" to finding a more dramatic/interesting way to do so. Plus it weakens the emphasis on the word. It's like when my brother constantly drops F-bombs I don't really take notice of it. Compare that to when my mom drops one I'm at a loss for words.

Meh, no offense but you are a film/tv snob to the extreme. Yes, the overall plot (mainly Spacey's plot) is good and interesting. All the other stuff is boring. Oh, Russo has a drug problem and likes sleeping with women in his office. How original. Mara's character is boring (as much as I love her). A journalist with questionable integrity willing to do anything to make headlines. Hooray. How original. Almost everyone else is just scummy.

I just don't find it that interesting. And going back to my original point of you being a film snob I think you're trying way too hard to make this show likable. Being hard to sympathize is what makes them real? Horse ****. There are dozens of characters and not one of them is likable person? Non-sense. It's so obvious the writers are TRYING to make them bad, but not too bad, because then we'd hate them all. It's just weak to me. It's fine if one character is like that, ala Spacey, because it fits what he's trying to do. To make EVERY CHARACTER in the damn show like this is just stupid and repetitive.

It's not a terrible show, don't get me wrong. They just need to find some focus. I feel like it's not focused at all, except when we see what Spacey's character is doing. And honestly, it's not even that smart. The "film noir" element sort of ruins it. The fact that we get to know everything he does and why makes it extremely boring to me.
Having actually watched every episode of the show so far I can tell you that every character has some sort of likable quality. I don't see how me being an alleged film snob has anything to do with any of this. Are you trying to tell me that I don't actually like the show and am just saying I do in order to seem smart? I did not need to have to 'try' to like the show.

Russo has a fascinating character arc in season 1. Yes, he is a womanizer and a drug addict but that is not just what his character is. Beneath that he is ambitious but terrified. He is trapped between two worlds and incredibly overwhelmed by everything his life has become. There is a brilliant episode having to do with him returning to his former home that you never ended up watching.

Really you just have no idea what you are talking about. You have drawn so many conclusions about the show after seeing less than half of the first season and you are way off. I know you will say it is the responsibility of the show to draw you in sooner than it did (personally I was hooked after episode two) and five episodes is enough time given to the show. The fact is the audience does not at all know everything Spacey is doing and why. Another thing you are way off about.

I will also say that if anyone is being a snob here it is you sir. It seems to me like you went into the show not wanting to like it. You repeatedly saying the show is not smart kind of screams pretentious to me. Sex and swearing are part of life and I think you are way off base claiming the show only features sex and swearing because it is not a network show and can get away with it. Sex is used as a tool in the show, a way to gain power over someone (and power is a very big theme). Nobody is saying **** you to the president, I think the use of swearing is incredibly realistic.

I think what you are having trouble with is the fact that the show does not deal in black or white. I completely disagree that everyone is scummy. Yes many do very scummy things but if they are doing these scummy things in their mind their is a point to them. A lot of the scummy things done are for 'the greater good'. Sometimes this is just people telling themselves this fact to justify their behavior, other times it is actually the case.

Television is art and art is subjective so you are allowed to not like the show but I disagree with pretty much everything you have said, in fact I strongly disagree.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched House of Cards but I get the complaint about people using nudity and swearing too much just because they can. I mean just look at something like Spartacus, there's no reason that that show needs to be half porn other than that they can.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Considering how I usually am on the same page about shows as you and Vidae, I'm telling you that Justified is something youd both love. 1st season is decent but after that it gets bonerific.
I actually nearly started watching last night but caught up on some episodes of different shows I have missed lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Wright is nowhere near brilliant. Her storyline with the non-profit is dull and superfluous. Spacey's storyline is interesting. But like I said last night, his acting is so horizontal. There is no emotion. Even when he gets screwed out of Secretary of State, he shows absolutely no emotion. Breaking the bowl offscreen was the most emotion he has shown.

I will agree with Gonzo that Stoll is the best part of the show. Not so much his storyline, but his acting. In a show full of dry, one-dimensional, seriousness, he actually shows a full range of emotion.

I watched half of the first season last night. It did get much better as the series progressed. But it still isn't anything breathtaking. I'll continuing watching it though as politics is pretty much the thing that interests me most.
I kind of agree with you about Wright being a little one dimensional for the first bit of the season. I think that was a choice and once it all comes together that choice made sense to me. As a character I hate her but I think Wright does a great job.

Spacey is really brilliant. His character makes it a point to not show emotion for the most part (keep watching) as that would be weakness. One of my favorite episodes of the show was when he returned to his old school which you will get to soon. Explains quite a bit about who he is and why he acts the way he does.

I ******* love Stoll as Russo. I sound like a broken record but keep watching. Yes he does stupid things but I find his whole character arc tragic. I felt for him throughout the first season.

I thought the first few episodes were great but the show certainly does get better as it goes on. I find with pretty much every show it takes me a little while before I start to care about the characters and House of Cards is no exception. A lot of the first few episodes are simply setting up the rest of the season and while I was very entertained I can see how not everyone would be.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I haven't watched House of Cards but I get the complaint about people using nudity and swearing too much just because they can. I mean just look at something like Spartacus, there's no reason that that show needs to be half porn other than that they can.
Spartacus is beyond ridiculous but I love it. I feel like this point it has become a parody of itself. It works for me as a comedy.

House of Cards features very little nudity and Forenci is blowing the use of swearing WAY out of proportion. Watch House of Cards! I think you would really like it.

Speaking of Spartacus I was very happy with how the last episode ended. **** Crixus and his dumb ass girlfriend.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 03-28-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I gave up on spartacus half way through season two because it just felt like an excuse to make a fancy porno.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I gave up on spartacus half way through season two because it just felt like an excuse to make a fancy porno.
It is the fanciest of pornos though! The dialogue elevates the porn to another level. I was not really a fan of season two. Loved season one and the prequel season. This season has been better than two imo. I don't take the show seriously at all and that has been the key to me enjoying it.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this talk I'm gonna have to watch house of cards again

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote