Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id very much prefer Rhodes Scholars have a better match, but at least theyre on the card. Cesaro was AWESOME over the last 6 months and gets nothing at all. I really like Fandango so far, but the idea that he (who hasnt even wrestled a match with that character) has a nice spot at Mania while Cesaro is completely off sort of bugs me.

Ive always seen Mania as a way to reward guys for their work throughout the previous year, and Cesaro should certainly be rewarded with a spot on the card for how well hes performed.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Cesaro definitely off? I feel like he will get on there in some capacity.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No guarantee that he's completely off, yet. I just feel he should be in Fandango's spot, as much as I enjoy Fandango.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Just announced on WWE.com. An 8 person mixed tag team match for Wrestlemania. Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi will face Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins. Such a waste of Cody and Damien.
Meh, they haven't really done anything with them for a bit now so whatever. At least they are on the card and hopefully we get another good Sandow promo pre-match
Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big E and Fandango will both make their in-ring debuts at 'Mania, but Cesaro is left off

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince ****** this up. How can you not create a decent storyline for your God damn US champ?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched wrestling in a few months, but is Cesaro getting over? Because when I watched nobody seemed to care about his anti-American gimmick. I know I'm a broken record, but wrestling technique or internet cred are irrelevant if the masses don't give a **** about your character.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I haven't watched wrestling in a few months, but is Cesaro getting over? Because when I watched nobody seemed to care about his anti-American gimmick. I know I'm a broken record, but wrestling technique or internet cred are irrelevant if the masses don't give a **** about your character.
Didn't stop them from pushing ADR for 18 months.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Didn't stop them from pushing ADR for 18 months.
No, but that's obviously a cynical ploy to get/keep the hispanic market.

Look, obviously the WWE pushes lots of guys who don't get over, and sometimes continue to do so (Miz as a face?). But that doesn't mean there's some "crime" that they aren't giving Cesaro his due, considering he hasn't really drawn a dime yet.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Pearce is on TNA's Gut Check next week. Hopefully we get promos like this:

the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean there's some "crime" that they aren't giving Cesaro his due, considering he hasn't really drawn a dime yet.
Then have him lose the U.S. title. Don't make the US champion a jobber and then leave him off WM. That's the problem with having two world champions; the US and IC belts gets used as toilet paper by Vince and the bookers.

Quote:
Big E and Fandango will both make their in-ring debuts at 'Mania...
I was thinking about that. Not to sound crude, but I hope E and Fandy bring some spare underware to MetLife Stadium -- they might be really nervous. (I seem to have a theme going in this post.)
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty, they can't seem to build superstars lately because the booking sucks and they lack credible heels or faces with any real character. They need to merge the WWE and WHC(they already did away with the brand split), keep the IC title as a mid-card belt and make the US title the cruiserweight title, but keep the Tag and Divas titles. Then they could actually get some fresh interesting feuds for the top belt, and have a mid-card that means something as well as having a place for guys like Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, Slater, etc.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those that saw him, what did you guys think about Bam Bam Bigelow?

In my opinion he was one of the most underrated wreslers I've ever saw.

He was one of most agile and athletic big guys ever. He could handle the mic also. But he was never more then a middle-carder.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad. Rip Reid.

Quote:
Reid Flair, the youngest son of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, has passed away. He was just 24 years old.

No details are available yet on Reid's passing but he was scheduled to appear with Ric at indy events in Maryland this weekend. He recently worked for All Japan Pro Wrestling earlier this year. Our condolences go out to the Flair family.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
For those that saw him, what did you guys think about Bam Bam Bigelow?

In my opinion he was one of the most underrated wreslers I've ever saw.

He was one of most agile and athletic big guys ever. He could handle the mic also. But he was never more then a middle-carder.
I agree with you he was very agile for a man his size and with the tatoo on his head and size made a great heel.

Sad news about flair's son
Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the beast from the east back in the day.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked it when Bam Bam had Luna Vichon as his girlfriend. After that, she was Goldust's dominatrix.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao the Punk/Taker stuff is just so hilarious now
Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Lmao the Punk/Taker stuff is just so hilarious now
The segment with the Druids was so long that it made me almost think they were going to build another Stonehenge on the stage area. Punk dumping Paul Bearer's ashes all over made me think of Kane chokeslamming The Undertaker on his parents' skeletons after Kane and Paul Bearer dug them up (anybody remember that?).
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Just heard only 3 peoples inductions will be on tv.
Bruno,Trump, Trish

What a slap in the face to Foley Booker T and Mr Backlund.
Foley is a co headliner with Bruno
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I bet they did a bad job of explaining it.

Quote:
Courtesy of prowrestling.net, the following is a text message that was sent from William Moody's son Michael to WWE regarding his posting on Facebook last night:

"Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn't what I envisioned. That I didn't have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over 'media outlets.' For the record. I was fine w(ith) it. Was hard to watch but y'all are professionals and I trust."
Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHasley10 View Post
Just heard only 3 peoples inductions will be on tv.
Bruno,Trump, Trish

What a slap in the face to Foley Booker T and Mr Backlund.
Foley is a co headliner with Bruno
If so thats a shame and they should have saved some of them to next year as I have no intrest in hearing about Trump instead of Foley
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The WWE HOF is a joke anyway. How do you have a HOF when it's just one person decided who gets in, totally for selfish reasons?

I don't understand why anyone talks about it like it's in any way a legitimate thing.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
If so thats a shame and they should have saved some of them to next year as I have no intrest in hearing about Trump instead of Foley
I think they want to just get ratings with trump and boobs, but leave the speeches hardcore fans want to hear for a dvd.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote