Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think him and Elam, along with Vaccaro are all going to end up 1st rounders when it's all said and done. I'm curious on what we plan to do if that scenario happens. Though I'm starting to believe we don't have to worry about it all that much because it looks like Safety is a glaring round 1 need, but if we take Cyprien or Elam over Warmack or Cooper I'm not gonna be happy. Our last few 1st rd picks have been a pleasant surprise so hopefully we don't blow it.
Yeah, I can see Elam in Cincy, NE, or SF if the other 2 are already gone.

From what I'm reading it looks like Cooper will be gone for sure, I'm assuming Warmack will be gone as well.

But if we did pass on one of the top guards for a top safety, then went on to grab Long, Frederick or Warford in the 2nd or Barrett Jones in the 3rd, I'd be happy.

In fact, I'd love to see a draft unfold with Safety/Robert Woods/Barrett Jones as the top 3 pics.

Woods would be somewhat of a luxury pick but I think he's the most polished receiver in the draft. He would be the best 3rd WR Romo has ever had. The good years Crayton put in as a safety valve and the year Robinson gave the team shows that the #3 does has a pretty big role on the team.

Woods owns the slot. Very smart. Finds soft spots. Works back to his QB. Great hands. Great use of body. I'm a huge fan. He's the only player I like coming out of USC this year.

So many options I like though. OG in the 1st isn't my preferred plan of attack but these are special prospects so I wouldn't hate it. DT or even DE (Carridine) would be ok w me depending on what happens with Spencer.

Really depends on who is on the board but it would be hard for the team to mess this up given the plethora of options.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone posted this but apparently Reid and Logan visited last week.

Quote:
@KavnerDC: DT Bennie Logan had a workout with the Cowboys last Tuesday, a day after Reid. He said their looking at him as a 1 or 3 technique
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only watched a little of Logan and was not impressed. Did I not watch enough? Am I off base?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I don't know if anyone posted this but apparently Reid and Logan visited last week.
Saw that. Reid is a 3rd or 4th rounder to me based of this last season. Taking him in the 2nd would be a reach considering the other safeties in this class

Has everyone noticed a lot of articles coming out from the Dallas writers listing Church as the FS? I've seen at least 3 where they refer to the Cowboys "finding a compliment for FS Barry Church"

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-27-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I only watched a little of Logan and was not impressed. Did I not watch enough? Am I off base?
Super high motor. Also very quick off the snap. Problem is if he is stonewalled on the initial jump he disappears. He also doesn't keep his pads low after firing off the line. Honestly he could be a 2nd rounder based on potential or a 6th rounder based on production.

And no way in seven hells is Barry Church a FS.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Super high motor. Also very quick off the snap. Problem is if he is stonewalled on the initial jump he disappears. He also doesn't keep his pads low after firing off the line. Honestly he could be a 2nd rounder based on potential or a 6th rounder based on production.

And no way in seven hells is Barry Church a FS.
Obviously not a pure FS but he's more interchangeable than people give him credit for. He played vs TE's in the slot for the team last year. He has decent range.

I'm not saying he's a FS at all, but I think he's more well rounded than his reputation suggests.

I just think its odd that some are referring to him as the FS. I'm wondering what would compel them to label him that way. Pretty sure the most recent person I've seen do it was Calvin Watkins but I'll have to check.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@clarencehilljr: For those late to the Doug Free party. He wont be restructured. He was never going to be structured. Will either take paycut or be cut june1
This is exactly what I want to hear and by pay cut I would like to see at least half of the salary go away.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

So it looks like a quick run down of the defensive depth chart if the season were to start tomorrow probably resemble something like this (starters in bold):

WDE - DeMarcus Ware
WDE - Kyle Wilber
1DT - Jay Ratliff
1DT - Sean Lissemore / Ben Bass
3DT - Jason Hatcher
3DT - Brian Price / Rob Callaway / Nick Hayden
SDE - Anthony Spencer
SDE - Tyrone Crawford
WLB - Bruce Carter
WLB - Ernie Sims
MLB - Sean Lee
MLB - Caleb McSurdy
SLB - Justin Durant
SLB - Alex Albright
CB1 - Brandon Carr
CB1 - Orlando Scandrick
CB2 - Morris Claiborne
CB2 - Sterling Moore
SS - Barry Church
SS - Danny McCray
FS - Matt Johnson
FS - Will Allen

The Kyle Wilber to WDE was suggested by Bryan Broaddus of DallasCowboys.com

On paper, I think if no starter misses time you're looking at a very very good defense. But then again, new scheme and this defense more than half of it's starters to injury last season - so that is unreasonable. Depth is a major concern at the 3Tech, Middle linebacker, corner and safety. Linebacker could probably be fudged with Sims able to play all 3 positions, and Crawford could slide in to DT. I'd expect a safety pick in the first 3 rounds.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Bolyard View Post
So it looks like a quick run down of the defensive depth chart if the season were to start tomorrow probably resemble something like this (starters in bold):

WDE - DeMarcus Ware
WDE - Kyle Wilber
1DT - Jay Ratliff
1DT - Sean Lissemore / Ben Bass
3DT - Jason Hatcher
3DT - Brian Price / Rob Callaway / Nick Hayden
SDE - Anthony Spencer
SDE - Tyrone Crawford
WLB - Bruce Carter
WLB - Ernie Sims
MLB - Sean Lee
MLB - Caleb McSurdy
SLB - Justin Durant
SLB - Alex Albright
CB1 - Brandon Carr
CB1 - Orlando Scandrick
CB2 - Morris Claiborne
CB2 - Sterling Moore
SS - Barry Church
SS - Danny McCray
FS - Matt Johnson
FS - Will Allen

The Kyle Wilber to WDE was suggested by Bryan Broaddus of DallasCowboys.com

On paper, I think if no starter misses time you're looking at a very very good defense. But then again, new scheme and this defense more than half of it's starters to injury last season - so that is unreasonable. Depth is a major concern at the 3Tech, Middle linebacker, corner and safety. Linebacker could probably be fudged with Sims able to play all 3 positions, and Crawford could slide in to DT. I'd expect a safety pick in the first 3 rounds.
I doubt McSurdy makes the roster unless he comes in as a special teams ace. I'd much rather have Orie Lemon as a sub but he needs to improve in kick coverage to even have a shot. Doesn't really matter because I'm sure Carter will be the back up Mike with Sims able to step in and play Will.

Bass is a base end for sure not a DT and Price will be lucky if he is ever cleared to play football again. Although he would be a great reserve if he comes back to even 75% of the player he was a UCLA.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 03-27-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt McSurdy makes the roster unless he comes in as a special teams ace. I'd much rather have Orie Lemon as a sub but he needs to improve in kick coverage to even have a shot. Doesn't really matter because I'm sure Carter will be the back up Mike with Sims able to step in and play Will.

Bass is a base end for sure not a DT and Price will be lucky if he is ever cleared to play football again. Although he would be a great reserve if he comes back to even 75% of the player he was a UCLA.
McSurdy will be competing for time at FB. He trained at it during camp and supposedly did well and loved to hit people. Guaranteed he'll get an opportunity to make the roster and save a roster spot in the process.

Carter - Lee - Durant will be our starting rotation but I can certainly buy moving Carter inside to MLB if an injury were to hit Lee given that Sims is a good fit at WLB. On the other hand I would not be shocked to see Dallas target a LB in the draft.

Bass has some positional flexibility. I can buy him as a reserve strong-side end but I think he has some value spelling as a 3-tech as well. Provided he keeps developing I can certainly see him making the 53 and locking down a spot in camp.

Price has a ton of potential but that is one hell of a condition to come back from. If he returns to anywhere near his pre-injury form he could force the team into giving him more snaps. Would root for him even if he wasn't donning a star.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
This is exactly what I want to hear and by pay cut I would like to see at least half of the salary go away.
I don't even think he's worth half. At the rate quality RT's are being paid, he deserves nowhere near half his salary.

He's a progress stopper and doesn't provide anything superior to Parnell.

With a team as close to the cap as this one, they could use as much savings as they can get. Might as well cut that fat.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People can't be relying on Price at all. He doesn't deserve any part of the discussion at this point. Don't hold your breath folks. I wouldn't make him any part of the roster. Doubt he makes the 53 man roster.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-where-belongs

INDIANAPOLIS – Pete Carroll counts Monte Kiffin as one of his most important mentors, and the Seattle Seahawks coach believes Kiffin is back where he belongs: in the NFL.

Kiffin spent four seasons as the defensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee and Southern Cal with his son, Lane, as head coach and did not have the same success as he had in a 12-year run as Tampa Bay’s defensive coordinator.

The Cowboys hired Kiffin this offseason to replace Rob Ryan at defensive coordinator and implement the 4-3 scheme.

“I think he brings a tremendous wealth of knowledge and understanding, an extraordinary ability to analyze and evaluate and his communication skills with the players on this level,” Carroll said. “I think there was some issue for him in college that he was just so far out there with how he coached and what he understands and what it takes to play on this level that it didn’t translate as easily as he would’ve liked (in college). I think the Cowboys are lucky to get him, and I think he’ll be a great asset.”

Several players have said Kiffin told them to study Carroll’s defense in Seattle as a way the Cowboys would play in 2013, but when he met the local media last week Kiffin hedged.

“We play a similar scheme we have for years,” Kiffin said. “I was at the Bucs and Pete was at Southern Cal and we would talk all the time. We’ve kind of played that scheme. It just so happens that he’s at Seattle and they happened to play pretty well this year, but they do play some single-high safety and have some good corners that can bump. And we play cover-2 and they play cover-2. That’s where you hear about this Seattle deal. But we are also very much the Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, without a doubt.”

Carroll was a graduate assistant for Kiffin at Arkansas in 1977 and when Kiffin took over at N.C. State, Carroll became his defensive coordinator from 1980-82.

“We’re real disciplined to our scheme,” Carroll said. “We’ve always been a very, very disciplined group, and it stated way back when about doing things right and execution. It’s not just slugging guys and running around and hitting. You think it would be, but there’s a lot to it. So it’s a very disciplined approach to the game, play with speed whenever we can. A real aggressive style is how we’ve done it and all those kinds of phrases started with Coach Kiffin a long, long time ago for me.”

Soo single-high for the Cowboys or no single high? He's sort of unclear with that. Guess we'll find out in time.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting RB name I feel like we might be looking at.

Quote:
Michael Ford, RB (5-9 3/4, 206) — He looked really quick. He’s not the best pass receiver but he’s a good looking athlete. Ford ran a 4.46 and 4.40 second 40-yard dash. He had a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and did positional drills.
Also have a feeling we might be a tad higher on Reid then most of us here think. He had a solid pro day.

Quote:
Eric Reid, FS (6-1 5/8, 210) — Reid ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 and 4.52 seconds. He had an excellent workout and should be drafted near the top of the second round.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/28/more...-day-workouts/

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty

Last edited by thule : 03-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone looking for coolaid to drink?

Alex Okafor is an interesting name in the 2nd round. He should hold up at SDE and allow us to let Spencer walk after a solid cowboys career. Looking at the drafts pass rushers the sideline view breaks down theh top pass rushers in the draft. Okafor finished #1 in almost every category.

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/n...rushers-tier-1

Quote:
One of the most notable things is Alex Okafor’s extremely efficient SPP. That means, on average he affects the quarterback every 6.5 snaps. The average for the entire class, including tier 2, is a PPS of 10. Many scouting reports and pundits have remarked on Okafor’s lack of explosiveness, that may be true, but clearly he’s doing something to get to the QB more often than any other pass rusher.

Although many have commented on it, the statistics show that Tank Carradine may have been the most complete pass rusher had he not been injured during the season. His efficiency at getting to the QB was very close to Okafor’s and is extremely impressive given the attention he received. Many may argue he was more efficient due to the presence of Bjorn Werner on the other side, but we’ll get to that a little bit later.

Dion Jordan clearly took the fewest snaps rushing the passer, but his lack of pressures is noticeable when compared to Barkevious Mingo. Both have roughly 5 sacks this year, but Mingo managed 28 pressures for a PPS of 9.63.

You do have to wonder why Mingo wasn’t able to convert more of his pressures into sacks. He was clearly getting to the quarterback, but wasn’t able to bring him down. It’s not as if the majority of his opponents were slippery dual-threat types, so why was this a problem for him?
More inside the article too.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Agreed on Ford. He certainly fits the athletic markers Garrett was talking about.

Quote:
Also have a feeling we might be a tad higher on Reid then most of us here think. He had a solid pro day.
I love Reid's potential his tape has some scary things in it that make me worry. I think with good coaching he can be an impact guy. He can also be a guy that flashes and then looks like a 4th rounder the rest of the game. I also have a distaste for safeties that cannot tackle properly. He loves to launch and consistently stops his feet rather than keeping them moving to get in better position for the tackle.

I am a big fan of athletic markers when it comes to picking between similar prospects (sabermetrics if you will) and you are undecided after tape. Essentially using it as a "potential" grade.

Quote:
Drill (TARGET) --------- Eric Reid's Performance

40-yard dash: Target (4.6) ------- 4.49
225-pound bench press reps (18) - 17
Vertical jump (36) ----------------- 40.5
Broad jump (120) ----------------- 134
20-yard shuttle (4.05) ------------ 4.22
3-cone drill (7.10) ----------------- 6.99
So he hits in the majority or is very close which indicates he has the ideal athleticism for an NFL safety. Matt Johnson hit the exact same markers aside from beating every marker aside from 20-yard shuttle (4.07).

I still take game tape over measurables which is why I'm leery on Eric Reid before the 3rd. I won't hate the pick at 47 but I would certainly look at other areas to address if he's the best option on the board at safety. Definitely going to watch more tape on him between now and draft-day as I will with every prospect we bring in for a visit :)

Last edited by Trogdor : 03-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
People can't be relying on Price at all. He doesn't deserve any part of the discussion at this point. Don't hold your breath folks. I wouldn't make him any part of the roster. Doubt he makes the 53 man roster.
I don't think anyone is DEPENDING on him, but I do think if he's healthy, he has a lot of talent.

Also, I like Ford a lot. I think he could be a real steal. Each year there's a RB taken late in the draft that comes out of no where. I think Ford may be that guy.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's still my #1 Safety so hey, fire away lol. Although he's looking more like a 2nd rd prospect then a 3rd where I have him, and he may go to the back end of the 1st. Still, I can't shake the good feeling I have about him and I'd be ecstatic with him.

Cooper & Reid would make me very happy to start our draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's still my #1 Safety so hey, fire away lol. Although he's looking more like a 2nd rd prospect then a 3rd where I have him, and he may go to the back end of the 1st. Still, I can't shake the good feeling I have about him and I'd be ecstatic with him.

You know, I'm not too high on Reid, but the things I've seen such as poor angles, etc. are most likely things that can be coached out of him.

There's no doubt he's got great measurables.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, I'm not too high on Reid, but the things I've seen such as poor angles, etc. are most likely things that can be coached out of him.

Measurables and intangibles. Bloodlines, good kid and after seeing he is a top notch athlete at the position he's somebody I don't have to worry about reaching his potential.

I love his instincts also, you could do far worse then getting him in the 2nd round because he's an immediate starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm also on the side of giving Reid a yea over nea. He was asked to do a hell of a lot more this past season when LSU lost Claiborne and Mathieu. I would think he and Mo would love to be paired back together.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:

You like Reid over Vacarro?

Did someone hack your account?

Vacarro takes a hot, steamy dump on Reid as a prospect.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:

The sense I'm getting on Reid is people are either real high or real low, not much in between.

I've seen people like Bucky Brooks say Reid could challenge Vacarro to be the top safety. Then someone like Daniel Jeremiah comes on and says he doesn't have confidence in Reid's ability in coverage.

I personally think Reid is closer to TJ McDonald than he is to Vacarro/Cyprien/Elam.

I even went back and watched 2011 tape on Reid which was supposed to be his "1st round tape" and while it was better, it still had plenty of holes in it.

Also take into consideration that LSU had Claiborne and Mathieu playing CB in '11, which undoubtedly made the safeties jobs easier
Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
You like Reid over Vacarro?

Did someone hack your account?

Vacarro takes a hot, steamy dump on Reid as a prospect.
I think VAcarro is better, but I don't think it's as big a gap as your metaphor might suggest.

Again, I think the things Reid does wrong are things that are correctable.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think VAcarro is better, but I don't think it's as big a gap as your metaphor might suggest.

Again, I think the things Reid does wrong are things that are correctable.
Reid is a borderline top 10 safety...he doesn't do anything that wows me

1. Jonathan Cyprien : FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
2. Kenny Vaccaro : TEXAS
3. Matt Elam : FLORIDA
4. Johnthan Banks : MISSISSIPPI STATE
5. Phillip Thomas : FRESNO STATE
6. Duke Williams : NEVADA
7. Shamarko Thomas : SYRACUSE
8. Bacarri Rambo : GEORGIA
9. DJ Swearinger : SOUTH CAROLINA
10. Eric Reid : LOUISIANA STATE

Yes, I project Johnthan Banks to have to make the transition to safety and I feel he'll do a good job there.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote