Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I remember everyone bashed the first extension Tony got, then David Garrard got a similar one shortly after. Bills just cut Ryan Fitzpatrick after giving him a whole bunch of money also.

I'm completely fine with slightly overpaying the guy we know will put up good numbers and put is in a position to succeed.
At the same time, we've seen Romo in a position to succeed before.

Hello, 2008! Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers. 3 OL, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
At the same time, we've seen Romo in a position to succeed before.

Hello, 2008! Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers. 3 OL, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE.
Was he the reason we lost to the giants in the playoffs that year? I remember a huge drop by PC that might have cost us that game

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ironically, I've always been a huge Romo supporter.

Up until this past season, I blamed a poor run game, lackluster defense, and freak accidents on his failures. And I still think those are valid justifications for that time period.

But this last season, I felt the defense did more than enough. It kept the team in so many games when the offense, and Romo, were terrible.

Chicago, Atlanta, Baltimore, NYG2 and the season finale against Washington all come immediately to mind.

Romo seemed reluctant to pull the trigger on throws he used to make in the past, he had a terrible line but seemed to sense pressure before it was there at times. He made some absolutely terrible plays, like the one that ended our season against Washington, but he did some other things that don't get brought up that are equally as bad.

In 2 games, and unfortunately I dont remember which 2, we got to a position where we could win the game and I believe it was 4th down do or die in both. On BOTH occasions, Romo chose to throw balls that would have taken a spectacular catch to..... KEVIN OGLETREE

Huh?? You have Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, even Miles and you choose to go for Ogletree with everything on the line??

I remember thinking when it happened "Tony chose the easy way out". He wanted to make the easier throw, to the shittiest player on the field, because the criticism wouldn't be on him when it failed.

I'm not saying I want him to force the ball into triple coverage, but with all those guys on the field, Maybe Dez had a double with everyone else singled. I really believe Tony was scared to make the tough throw to the better players with a possibility of it getting picked off.

Instead he chooses a fade route to the back pylon to Ogletree. Ogletree can't make the play -- oh well, it's not on him.

I believe the criticism has finally gotten to him and he'd rather have the certainty of failure placed on someone else rather than take a chance at making the hero play and risking a mistake.

I can't put it all on him. Garrett's play calling sucked and often had a lot to do with the early deficits and the Game clock mismanagement.

But Tony has lost some confidence. It's now in his head that he's a choke artist and I don't think it ever was previously. The demise has started.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I feel like Romo was the reason we played for the NFCE for all those reasons you mentioned. HORRIBLE Line, NO running game, Bad play calling ect ect. Did he rush some throws? Yeah, but if you were getting hit/rushed 10-15 times a game wouldnt you? Remember in SF he got hit and cracked his ribs? Came back in the 2nd half and led us to victory! Im not saying hes close to perfect, in fact Ive called him Danny White 2.0 but man, he is asked to do WAY to much with what he has in front of him. IDK, Im a fan mut he does piss you off at times but I still think we are lucky to have him. Hopfully he will win the SB 1 day and can shed the choke lable

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Personally, I feel like Romo was the reason we played for the NFCE for all those reasons you mentioned. HORRIBLE Line, NO running game, Bad play calling ect ect. Did he rush some throws? Yeah, but if you were getting hit/rushed 10-15 times a game wouldnt you? Remember in SF he got hit and cracked his ribs? Came back in the 2nd half and led us to victory! Im not saying hes close to perfect, in fact Ive called him Danny White 2.0 but man, he is asked to do WAY to much with what he has in front of him. IDK, Im a fan mut he does piss you off at times but I still think we are lucky to have him. Hopfully he will win the SB 1 day and can shed the choke lable
He'll never shake the choke label because he's choked so many times in the past. You can't change history. If he wins a SB it will be because the Cowboys finally fixed everything around him. Period. He's good at winning battles, but he'll never win the war until this team is nearly flawless in other areas. Good OL, good running game, good receivers, good defense and good coaching/playcalling. That's what he needs.

I think he can be a great bus driver type QB. He's just never gonna carry us if we have flaws.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Ironically, I've always been a huge Romo supporter.

Up until this past season, I blamed a poor run game, lackluster defense, and freak accidents on his failures. And I still think those are valid justifications for that time period.

But this last season, I felt the defense did more than enough. It kept the team in so many games when the offense, and Romo, were terrible.

Chicago, Atlanta, Baltimore, NYG2 and the season finale against Washington all come immediately to mind.

Romo seemed reluctant to pull the trigger on throws he used to make in the past, he had a terrible line but seemed to sense pressure before it was there at times. He made some absolutely terrible plays, like the one that ended our season against Washington, but he did some other things that don't get brought up that are equally as bad.

In 2 games, and unfortunately I dont remember which 2, we got to a position where we could win the game and I believe it was 4th down do or die in both. On BOTH occasions, Romo chose to throw balls that would have taken a spectacular catch to..... KEVIN OGLETREE

Huh?? You have Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, even Miles and you choose to go for Ogletree with everything on the line??

I remember thinking when it happened "Tony chose the easy way out". He wanted to make the easier throw, to the shittiest player on the field, because the criticism wouldn't be on him when it failed.

I'm not saying I want him to force the ball into triple coverage, but with all those guys on the field, Maybe Dez had a double with everyone else singled. I really believe Tony was scared to make the tough throw to the better players with a possibility of it getting picked off.

Instead he chooses a fade route to the back pylon to Ogletree. Ogletree can't make the play -- oh well, it's not on him.

I believe the criticism has finally gotten to him and he'd rather have the certainty of failure placed on someone else rather than take a chance at making the hero play and risking a mistake.

I can't put it all on him. Garrett's play calling sucked and often had a lot to do with the early deficits and the Game clock mismanagement.

But Tony has lost some confidence. It's now in his head that he's a choke artist and I don't think it ever was previously. The demise has started.
Truth. Romo turned into Captain Checkdown. More noticeably the last 2 seasons. People don't like me calling him that, so I won't harp on it. But he sure did a favor to Laurent Robinson a season ago and he tried his darnedest to turn to Olgetree/Beasley when he had a chance.

I can't blame him though. He's a victim of his own conscience. He's not a choker for no reason. He knows this. So if his main options aren't clearly open, he's taught himself to dump the ball off. We have 2 physical WRs in Dez and Miles who can beat 1 on 1 coverage, but they don't get the ball as often as they should or as consistently as they should. We're often wondering where they are in games? It's not their fault. It's Tony's fault. It's his fear of being Tony Turnover. Has it worked? Well, Tony lead the league in Interceptions last year with 19. So I don't think it's working.

But we gotta gunslinger, and we knew this from the start. It's gonna come with some thrills and heartbreaks. Favre fans know this. Favre won 1 SB. That should be Tony's best expectation. Hopefully, we fix our woes quickly and make use of the money being spent on him.

I think the best thing we can do is fix the OL and make DeMarco Murray the star that carries this team like Adrian Peterson carries his. A strong running game with Tony picking his spots. That's the right formula in my mind. Not Tony passing passing passing and trying to carry this team with some runs inserted here and there. Screw that.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Was he the reason we lost to the giants in the playoffs that year? I remember a huge drop by PC that might have cost us that game
OF COURSE! The game was lost by one drop by our #3 WR. Game over.

Classic Romopologist take at it.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Truth. Romo turned into Captain Checkdown. More noticeably the last 2 seasons. People don't like me calling him that, so I won't harp on it. But he sure did a favor to Laurent Robinson a season ago and he tried his darnedest to turn to Olgetree/Beasley when he had a chance.

I can't blame him though. He's a victim of his own conscience. He's not a choker for no reason. He knows this. So if his main options aren't clearly open, he's taught himself to dump the ball off. We have 2 physical WRs in Dez and Miles who can beat 1 on 1 coverage, but they don't get the ball as often as they should or as consistently as they should. We're often wondering where they are in games? It's not their fault. It's Tony's fault. It's his fear of being Tony Turnover. Has it worked? Well, Tony lead the league in Interceptions last year with 19. So I don't think it's working.

But we gotta gunslinger, and we knew this from the start. It's gonna come with some thrills and heartbreaks. Favre fans know this. Favre won 1 SB. That should be Tony's best expectation. Hopefully, we fix our woes quickly and make use of the money being spent on him.

I think the best thing we can do is fix the OL and make DeMarco Murray the star that carries this team like Adrian Peterson carries his. A strong running game with Tony picking his spots. That's the right formula in my mind. Not Tony passing passing passing and trying to carry this team with some runs inserted here and there. Screw that.
Completely agree. My hope is that he regains the gunslinger mentality.

Greg Cosell, who is probably the guy I respect the most in film study, said that he's always thought Romo was better than given credit for but in this last season he noticed Tony missing open throws because he was being too cautious.

IMO the worst thing a gunslinger can do is reign it in. It's just not in their nature to play it safe. I'd rather have tony try and make all the throws and have a few more turnovers than reign it in and play it safe. It's not his strength.

Although it wasnt his best statistical season, the year we went 13-3 was probably the most confident he ever played. He had some turnovers that were completely stupid, but I felt he made up for it with some amazing throws. That is the season I'd like him to replicate.

Does he still have that in him?

That Tony Romo, with a good defense and moderate running game, can contend. A gun shy Tony Romo has no chance. The run game and the defense aren't good enough to pick him up with that mentality.

He must get back to being aggressive and taking risks for this team to have a chance, that's the type of QB he is.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-30-2013 at 06:24 AM.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agreed with the rest of the post but wanted to highlight on this point, because it's 100% truth and people need to see it.

We're a .500 team when playing "Air Romo" football. Jason Garrett needs to swallow his ego and accept that he's not Sean Payton, Romo ain't Brees, and we're not the Saints. 2009, the last year we went to the playoffs, we had the #7 ranked rushing offense in the NFL. I have no idea why Garrett decided seemingly overnight that we had to become an air-raid offense, and that running the ball is now a necessary evil.

A "Romo Friendly Offense" is one that gives him a ground game to lean on, so he doesn't feel pressed like he has to carry us... because that's when the bonehead plays happen. When Romo has a run game, he's fantastic, and this offense looks like a machine. We can win with Romo, but it's not going to happen with the forumula we've used the past 3 seasons.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OF COURSE! The game was lost by one drop by our #3 WR. Game over.

Classic Romopologist take at it.
Lol who cares who dropped it? I guess the Jackie smith drop made no difference either? Me being a "Romopoligist" for saying HE didn't lose that game, is no more silly than you saying we lost that game because of him. Romohater?! Makes no difference now, he's going to be here awhile like it or not so...

Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He'll never shake the choke label because he's choked so many times in the past. You can't change history. If he wins a SB it will be because the Cowboys finally fixed everything around him. Period. He's good at winning battles, but he'll never win the war until this team is nearly flawless in other areas. Good OL, good running game, good receivers, good defense and good coaching/playcalling. That's what he needs.

I think he can be a great bus driver type QB. He's just never gonna carry us if we have flaws.
Difference of opinions, not a bad thing. He has been carrying us and all our flaws. We are 4-12 without him last year IMO. Is he a top 5 QB in this league? No, but I'd for sure say hes top 10. If he wins a SB here, all will be forgiven trust me.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

The league average for rushing yards per game in 2012 was 115.9. The Cowboys failed to reach that mark 13 times. They failed to break 100 rushing yards 11 times. They failed to even reach 50 yards 7 times.

Playing QB is already hard enough in the NFL, but when you become as one-dimensional as the Cowboys were last season, the ante is upped.

The Cowboys were 2nd in the NFL in penalties last season.

They had 138 penalties, or 8.6 per game. Doug Free led the league with 15, while Tyron Smith had 11, which tied him for 10th in the league. When youíre passing as much as the Cowboys were last season, this is what can happen. 2nd and 8 becomes either 2nd and 13, or worse, 2nd and 18. Thatís added pressure on the QB.

If you canít run it, you have to pass. When you pass too much, opposing defenses pin their ears back and attack the QB. When opposing defenses can pin their ears back and attack the QB, you commit penalties and the weak links along your OL are exposed. This typically leads to bad QB play.

However, in Romoís case, he was great for the better part of 2012, with the exception of a few rare clunkers (Bears, Skins, etc).

Just know that Tony Romo carried the Cowboys on his back the entire season, without a lot of help from some of the circumstances around him. The Cowboys wouldnít have sniffed 8 wins without him. His contract is deserved.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/03/...wboy-for-life/

Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Regardless of your feelings on Romo; and upgrade of the offensive line still has to be considered. If you can pull in a Winston and a Moore (and release Free) AND still leave it open if Warmack slides to scoop him up in the draft. Obviously Dallas invested heavily into Bernadeu and Livings but I think you end up cutting either one and Arkin if you can get both Moore and Warmack. Leaves you with one of last year's free agent guys as a reserve as well as Leary.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

LOL at the Romo love. He will always be "second" place -- just enuff to excite, but never to delight.

Just like he was runner up Mr Basketball WI. Just like he never went to a big school as QB. Just like he can't make the US Open cut. Just like 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012. Last two season 8-6, ready to win NFCE, 0-4 to finish the season.

Tony seems like a decent fella but he needs to go buy some Car Dealership and hire a few competent Managers and do commercials. Tony is not a winner. Never has been. Just good enough to choke when the odds are highest.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Bolyard View Post
So for any contract gurus... how much money do we free up after June 1st?
2 million from Marcus Spears at the moment.

Doug Free would be the primary target for being cut and he would save $7 million this season and 7 million in dead money next season. Free would cost 11 million to keep next year so technically you save 4 million next year as well.

The draft is going to play a huge role in whether or not he's part of the team.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

There are days that Romo makes me very happy and days that he makes me very sad.

I'm ok with him cause I know that if we fix everything around Romo that he can get the job done.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-30-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
If the word "FAIR' were true then he would be called AMONG THE WORST GM in sports today.

1 Playoff Win in like 18 years? Mediocrity to Suck for those 18. Yes, Jimmy bailed him out the first few so given him credit for hitting on the River.

But any fair evaluation would place him as the worst performing GM in football in over the last two decades.
I would have to agree that by any standard, Jerry's performance has been very mediocre and worse yet, when most team's GM has the above record, they would have been fired a long time ago but since he owns the team, the fans cannot get rid of him.

Kind of reminds me of Al Davis in his latter years but he had age as an excuse.

I think Jerry's success with Johnson followed by Switzer(not sure of the sp.) let his ego get out of control and convinced himself that he was a football genius, 18 years later, only he cannot see the results.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are days that Romo makes me very happy and days that he makes me very sad.

I'm ok with him cause I know that if we fix everything around Romo that he can get the job done.
Funny, because most teams feel the exact opposite, if we have a solid QB, then he can make up for the team around him and at least make the playoffs.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I would have to agree that by any standard, Jerry's performance has been very mediocre and worse yet, when most team's GM has the above record, they would have been fired a long time ago but since he owns the team, the fans cannot get rid of him.

I think Jerry's success with Johnson followed by Switzer(not sure of the sp.) let his ego get out of control and convinced himself that he was a football genius, 18 years later, only he cannot see the results.
We ALL know this. We as fans also know hes not going anywhere so we give our ideas of what we think will help the team. To come on this board as a "fan" (not talking about you) and say that the GM sucks the QB sucks ect ect everytime your on the board without bringing any substance or ideas, well lets just say, most peeps on here dont want to read/hear it AGAIN. Even when a player has a breakout season, you cant come on here and admit it because it was a Jerry pick and he was drafted cuz "he looks good in shorts" The solution is real easy, Jerrys not going anywhere, Tonys not going anywhere, so that leaves certain "fans" to go find another team! Just leave already, be a fan of whoever is winning at the time and call them "your team" Sorry about the rant IC, but your right, Jerry should have been fired long ago but it will never happen. We are trying as fans to make the best of it, at least some of us are...

Old 03-30-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Funny, because most teams feel the exact opposite, if we have a solid QB, then he can make up for the team around him and at least make the playoffs.
Yeah, I was being subtly sarcastic with that second comment.

Gimme ANY QB... if you fix everything around him, the team can win a SB. Hello Trent Dilfer! haha
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't have it both ways guys. Either this is a talented roster that underachieves, or Romo doesn't have enough help.

Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

I've been a Romo supporter for a long time, but even I know he's better show something and show it soon.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

The Eagles have had playoff wins up the ying yang in the same period. Who cares now?

In the end, we're both in the same boat. Playoff wins DO NOT determine success, k?

If you're not winning SBs, then you're the same as the other 31 teams. Hell, if you don't win multiple SBs in a relevant time span, then you're just a one year wonder. True NFL Greatness belongs to teams that have built Dynasties. That's the goal. Everything else is irrelevant, imo.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can't have it both ways guys. Either this is a talented roster that underachieves, or Romo doesn't have enough help.

Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

I've been a Romo supporter for a long time, but even I know he's better show something and show it soon.
We have some talent but alot of that talent was hurt last year. Weve been saying it for years, our line SUCKS. WR is good but Austin is hurt to much. RB is good but DeMarco is hurt to much. LG C RG RT ALL SUCK! Thats the biggest problem on the team. That and depth for when guys cant play. Romo is the least of our problems IMO

Old 03-30-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have some talent but alot of that talent was hurt last year. Weve been saying it for years, our line SUCKS. WR is good but Austin is hurt to much. RB is good but DeMarco is hurt to much. LG C RG RT ALL SUCK! Thats the biggest problem on the team. That and depth for when guys cant play. Romo is the least of our problems IMO
I don't think Romo is a problem, but he still needs to produce. He's not the only qb in the league with a mediocre OL. I mean hell, is it really any worse than Philly or NYGs? I think all 3 teams have mediocre to awful OLs. We could use a LG, C, RG and RT too.

Think about it. Beatty is not better than Smith. Boothe sucks so bad, he tested FA and everyone told him to eat **** and he came back on a vet minimum deal. That's our starting LG. Baas blows, that's well documented. Snee is well past his prime, and we don't even know who our RT is. Its either Diehl or Brewer. Yeah...not a good situation.

But ultimately, you still gotta get it done. The offense puts up plenty of points, so it's not as problematic as you guys think. Hell, the defense has enough talent too, it's just the details that have to come together.

I'm of the belief that this team has plenty of talent, and that Jerry Jones gets way too much **** and criticism as a talent evaluator. The problem isn't talent, it's consistency.

You have a stud LB core, a very good duo of pass rushers, solid but not spectacular DTs (could use an upgrade here), good CBs, you need safeties.

Offense has plenty of weapons. Sure the OL can use upgrades, but I much rather spend the picks on safety or DT if I were Dallas.

I just think it's time for production. After awhile, it really just comes down to that. Gotta produce. He has in my eyes, 3 years to put together a solid playoff run. Now is the time.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think Romo is a problem, but he still needs to produce. He's not the only qb in the league with a mediocre OL. I mean hell, is it really any worse than Philly or NYGs? I think all 3 teams have mediocre to awful OLs. We could use a LG, C, RG and RT too.

Think about it. Beatty is not better than Smith. Boothe sucks so bad, he tested FA and everyone told him to eat **** and he came back on a vet minimum deal. That's our starting LG. Baas blows, that's well documented. Snee is well past his prime, and we don't even know who our RT is. Its either Diehl or Brewer. Yeah...not a good situation.

But ultimately, you still gotta get it done. The offense puts up plenty of points, so it's not as problematic as you guys think. Hell, the defense has enough talent too, it's just the details that have to come together.

I'm of the belief that this team has plenty of talent, and that Jerry Jones gets way too much **** and criticism as a talent evaluator. The problem isn't talent, it's consistency.

You have a stud LB core, a very good duo of pass rushers, solid but not spectacular DTs (could use an upgrade here), good CBs, you need safeties.

Offense has plenty of weapons. Sure the OL can use upgrades, but I much rather spend the picks on safety or DT if I were Dallas.

I just think it's time for production. After awhile, it really just comes down to that. Gotta produce. He has in my eyes, 3 years to put together a solid playoff run. Now is the time.
I agree. Thats the bottom line. Gotta produce, however you mentioned our stud LBs. How many games did they miss? Pass rushers? Ware played with 1 arm the last 4 or 5 games and yes our Safetys suck but I was looking at it from Romos point of view and the Offensive production. Then you throw in the playoff game and Romo was getting killed by the blitz. Did Garrett adjust? Nope, same ol 7 step drop and go deep. No 3 step slants, no curls, no screens, nothing! Hopefully Garrett gives up the OC job and we upgrade our OL. That would be a step in the right direction IMO