Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan, I wouldnt mind Palmer as the veteran backup as long as he's cheap.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

white is clearly a WR...or a baseball player
Old 03-29-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
white is clearly a WR...or a baseball player
How is he a WR? He can't do anything a WR does except run in a straight line.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I searched youtube for his NFL Highlights - all I could find (that weren't madden highlights) are him running 12 yards for a first down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stN4Ngb2SxA

and him getting knocked out by Ike Taylor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042C1b0wGSo
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
A fourth would surprise me. A third would shock me.

I've never heard of a Seahawks fan thinking we'd get anything more than that...
I don't see why a 4th would be surprising, and I don't see why the Seahawks would do the deal for anything less than that. This is a league where an obviously over the hill Carson Palmer netted a 1st and 2nd round pick. Kevin Kolb netted DRC and a 2nd. Career 3rd stringer Charlie Whitehurst moved the Chargers up 20 spots in the 2nd round plus a 3rd rounder. And probably the most similar player in terms of experience would be Schaub, who started 2 games for the Falcons before being traded for two 2nd round picks and a 2 spot jump in the 1st round.

Granted all of those were terrible trades, but that doesn't mean that teams are only gonna give up a couple 7th round picks for Matt Flynn.

A good backup QB is a great thing to have. There's no reason to just offload him, he's making good money for a backup, but it's not like he's killing the cap situation. So if all you're gonna get out of him is a late round pick, you keep him as a backup just in case Wilson goes down.

I expect nothing less than a 4th, or multiple picks that value out to a 4th. I would be pleasantly surprised, but not absolutely shocked by a 2nd or 3rd. A 1st will not happen.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 03-29-2013 at 11:06 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I google searched 'Pat+White+NFL+Highlights' and it returned 'LOL WUT?'

Is that normal?
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I google searched 'Pat+White+NFL+Highlights' and it returned 'LOL WUT?'

Is that normal?

I found these using bing search

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ght+&FORM=VDRE
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
A bing bot? Finally we have answers as to what you truly are.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What ever.

In other news. Raiders are looking to trade for Matt Flynn from Seattle a 2013 and 14 picks are up in the mix. hmm I'm shocked Raiders have any picks left ha.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hall of Famer Bill Parcells certainly thought Pat White could play QB.

lol
Old 03-30-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@terencenewman
After much time and thought, I'm heading back to Cincy. And for those of you who think it was about money, the Raiders offered more.
He did not play that bad last year being thrust into the #2 role. He should be a nickle corner this year if Kirkpatrick can get on the field.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

lol
I think Parcells more or less viewed him as a wildcat option and not a true QB.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

lol
That's probably because of Parcells' quarterback formula:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/1/...ells-principle
Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

lol
Hall of Famer Bill Parcells almost mailed it in around 2007.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the last page had people defending pat white and dissing kenny britt.

good god the nfl section needs to be lit on fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the last page had people defending pat white and dissing kenny britt.

Niner fans gonna niner fan
Old 03-30-2013, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
I thought I'd get tons of + rep for that quip. I've been waiting to use it for years and the appropriate time finally comes and I feel the stars align and angels sing from the heavens and then I post it and crickets I tell you, CRICKETS can't even be heard (sigh). I guess that was an Epick Fial if one ever existed, well besides HOF coach Bill Parcels drafting Jake Long over Matt Ryan which I found completely ridiculous. (Hopefully I win the internet this time, lol). Just playin... But seriously + rep me. :P
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the last page had 49erNation85 defending pat white and people dissing kenny britt.

Fixed it for you.

That guys opinion doesn't count and there's no point trying to debate Kenny Britt's ability with you when you've got your Scarlett Knights armor on.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
49Nation85 gonna 49Nation85
Come on, fellas. This doesn't count. It's too easy.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Fixed it for you.

That guys opinion doesn't count and there's no point trying to debate Kenny Britt's ability with you when you've got your Scarlett Knights armor on.
Britt's ability should never be questioned, that's the thing. On the field, he's a great talent, anyone who denies that doesn't understand football or talent.

Off the field he's an idiot and screw up, and if anyone denies that, than they're an idiot.

Happy?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty should be happy now that Pat White is working out for the G-Men.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Scotty should be happy now that Pat White is working out for the G-Men.
he's obviously our heir apparent to Eli.

Or we're just gonna put him on the scout team to simulate RG3 in practice.

And Manuel when the eagles draft and start him LOL
Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones just made it impossible for teams like Seattle, San Fransisco, Atlanta, etc. (I think you get the jist: Teams with young QBs that will deserve a new contract). They;re all better than Tony Romo. SO they're going to want more than what he got.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Romo deal (and the Flacco deal, for that matter) only look questionable right now because Rodgers hasn't been paid. Green Bay is probably about to blow up the ~$20 Million/year glass ceiling for QB salaries, and then Matt Ryan is probably going to try to use that Rodgers contract as the starting point in his contract negotiations.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really White would fit our offense better with the read option.
First and foremost, White needs to prove he can play the QB position in the NFL. We could end up using White as a gimmick player and or 3rd string behind Tolzien or another veteran QB. If we signed Pat White he won't be guaranteed anything. Palmer can fit the offense just fine, similar to how Alex fit into Harbaugh's scheme. A QB that can run the read option doesn't necessarily fit the offense better as a backup. Do you honestly feel White is a better option for backup over Palmer right now ?

I'm not too worried about money with Carson if he wants to play for us, because we don't have much. I'd bet Palmer knows this too, that coming here isn't going to get him as much as going to Arizona (or any other QB needy team for that matter). The Raiders will still have to pay him so I'd think he'll be fine with likely getting not much more than the vet minimum.