Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Always? When was the last time I had a nighmarish (don't recall saying it was a nightmare) dream about the 49ers?

And yes, I'm sure your dreams seem awesome to you, maybe like your posts which also share that distinct qualification of having no basis in reality.
During the season or playoffs, dont remember which exactly but its every few months.

My reality is pretty good. Dreams/fantasies will always be better because they should obviously go your way 100% since your mind is controlling it as opposed to reality when you cant control everything.

My posts are just my opinion, just like your posts are your own opinion. To me, majority of my posts do have a basis like why re-sign Rogers a year ago at the expense of losing Goldson this year? You may think that has no basis to it but I disagree. Either way, to each his/her own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT on TV the other day was thinking that Lattimore at 31 would be good because while 2013 is a rehab year for him, he can replace Gore in two years when his contract expires. I personally disagree. I dont want to draft a player at 31 just to see him on a reserved list for the 2013 season as that does nothing to help us now. Wouldnt mind Lattimore in the 4th round but thats it. I personally wouldnt go any higher.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
PFT on TV the other day was thinking that Lattimore at 31 would be good because while 2013 is a rehab year for him, he can replace Gore in two years when his contract expires. I personally disagree. I dont want to draft a player at 31 just to see him on a reserved list for the 2013 season as that does nothing to help us now. Wouldnt mind Lattimore in the 4th round but thats it. I personally wouldnt go any higher.
Yup 4th round is about right. Even a 3rd round pick would be pushing it IMO but I have a feeling he will go late 2nd-early 3rd..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering they have too many picks and few roster openings, SF taking Lattimore and IR'ing him makes a ton of sense. The health gamble makes me not want to use a 1st or 2nd on him, but at 74 and beyond I think I'd be good with that.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Baalke nails 31 and 34, I wouldn't be mad with Lattimore at 61.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
If Baalke nails 31 and 34, I wouldn't be mad with Lattimore at 61.
Yea but who's defintition are we using? Most ppl didn't feel he "nailed" any pick in the 2011draft until after that season and everthing was said and done. Are ppl really going feel like he nailed 31 and 34 if its someone or some position that they're really against?

I just think no matter what, as fans, we are going to question just about any and every pick in a Baalke draft. I doubt you'll find a consensus of ppl who will say it was a success or a failure...because Baalke's value on players doesn't tend to mirror those of the mass media and so called draftniks. So whether he takes him at 61, 74 or whatever, someone will feel liked he reached or it was a waste of a pick until that pick proves them wrong, on the field.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yea but who's defintition are we using? Most ppl didn't feel he "nailed" any pick in the 2011draft until after that season and everthing was said and done. Are ppl really going feel like he nailed 31 and 34 if its someone or some position that they're really against?

I just think no matter what, as fans, we are going to question just about any and every pick in a Baalke draft. I doubt you'll find a consensus of ppl who will say it was a success or a failure...because Baalke's value on players doesn't tend to mirror those of the mass media and so called draftniks. So whether he takes him at 61, 74 or whatever, someone will feel liked he reached or it was a waste of a pick until that pick proves them wrong, on the field.
That's because we're all arm-chair scouts whom use subjective analysis. The definition of "nailed" I'd be using would be based upon my opinion. I would not be mad with Lattimore at 61 if I thought Baalke "nailed" 31 and 34. Of course what Baalke is able to do with all of the other selections would help to determine the degree to which I feel the first three selections were successful.

All post-draft analysis is done this way. You cannot accurately determine the success of a draft class until years later. So, all we have to go on, is our own subjective feelings.

And you're correct in feeling that the class will be questioned, regardless. Closed-minded pessimists will likely be at the front of the line and those that are open-minded and optimistic will likely be most comfortable with the outcome.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-30-2013 at 04:31 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen a good depth chart recently? How many roster spots are even open?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

What a stupid question.

Here.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Offense (21)

QB – Colin Kaepernick | Scott Tolzien (2)
RB – Frank Gore | LaMichael James | Kendall Hunter | Anthony Dixon (4)
FB – Bruce Miller (1)
WR – Michael Crabtree | Anquan Boldin | Mario Manningham | Kyle Williams | A.J. Jenkins (5)
TE – Vernon Davis | Garrett Celek (2)

OT – Joe Staley | Anthony Davis (2)
OG – Mike Iupati | Alex Boone | Joe Looney (3)
OC – Jonathan Goodwin | Daniel Kilgore (2)

Defense (22)

DE – Justin Smith | Ray McDonald | Will Tukuafu | DeMarcus Dobbs (4)
NT – Glenn Dorsey | Ian Williams (2)

OLB – Aldon Smith | Ahmad Brooks | Parys Haralson (3)
ILB – Patrick Willis | NaVorro Bowman | Dan Skuta (3)

CB – Tarell Brown | Carlos Rogers | Chris Culliver | Perrish Cox | Tramaine Brock (5)
S – Donte Whitner | Craig Dahl | C.J. Spillman | Darcel McBath | Trenton Robinson (5)

Special Teams (3)

K – Phil Dawson (1)
P – Andy Lee (1)
LS – Brian Jennings (1)

RB – Jewell Hampton (1)
WR – Chad Hall | Joe Hastings | Marlon Moore | Ricardo Lockettte (4)
OT – Kenny Wiggins (1)
OG – Al Netter | Wayne Tribue (2)

DE – Tony Jerod-Eddie (1)
NT – Lamar Divens (1)

OLB – Darius Fleming | Cam Johnson (2)
ILB – Michael Wilhoite | Nate Stupar (2)

S - Michael Thomas (1)

I have 39 roster spots relatively safe.
I have 7 spots held by last year's contributors as being in danger.

15 spots held by players obviously on the fringe.

Based on last years roster, 46/53 spots are already filled.

I feel that QB, TE, OL, and S will be a definite "final 53" roster addition.
By that opinion 51/53 spots are filled.

10 more draft picks/FA acquisitions + 15 fringe players to fill 2 roster spots.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-30-2013 at 05:28 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OFFENSE:

QB:
1. Kap
2. Tolzein
3. (open)

RB:
1. Gore
2. Hunter
3. James
4. Hampton

FB:
1. Miller
2. Dixon

WR:
1. Crabs
2. Boldin
3. Mario
4. Jenkins
5. K10
6. Lockette
7. Hall
8. Hastings

TE:
1. VD
2. Celek
3. Dobbs

OT:
1. Staley
2. Davis
3. Netter
4. Wiggins

OG:
1. Iupati
2. Boone
3. Looney
4. Tribue

OC:
1. Goodwin
2. Kilgore

DEFENSE:

DE:
1. Justin
2. Ray
3. Dorsey
4. Jerod-Eddie

NT:
1. Ian Williams
2. Tukuafa
3. Divens

OLB:
1. Aldon
2. Brooks
3. Haralson
4. Cam Johnson
5. Darius Fleming

ILB:
1. 52
2. Bowman
3. Skuta
4. Wilhoite

FS:
1. Dahl
2. Spillman
3. Michael Thomas

SS:
1. Whitner
2. Trenton Robinson
3. Darcel Macbath

CB:
1. Carlos Rodgers
2. Tarell Brown
3. Culliver
4. Cox
5. Brock

LS:
1. Jennings

K:
1. Dawson

P:
1. Lee

BOLD (highly likely to make 53 man) = 36
Italics (somewhat likely to make 53) = 7
Underlined (will have to earn spot) = 16
Total= 59

For 53 man roster I would have 9 open spots.........36 + 7 =43, 53 - 43=10

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-30-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Forgot 2 players
Old 03-30-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

looks like we were both writing the same post at the same time and got pretty close to each other....

Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I had Spillman, Cox, and Trenton Robinson in the danger area. The rest looks pretty close

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-30-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Based on last years roster, 46/53 spots are already filled.

I feel that QB, TE, OL, and S will be a definite "final 53" roster addition.
By that opinion 51/53 spots are filled.
I only have 43 filled by my count. I agree on QB, OL, TE, and S but I would add a definite DL spot.

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-30-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Harrelson and Goodwin may be bubble guys. This depends on how the young guys look and who they draft.

I think the only safeties that are safe are Whitner, Dahl, and Spillman
Old 03-30-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I think Harrelson and Goodwin may be bubble guys. This depends on how the young guys look and who they draft.

I think the only safeties that are safe are Whitner, Dahl, and Spillman
I don't see Haralson going anywhere. He took a pay-cut, which pretty much secures his roster spot in my eyes. And Cam Johnson, Fleming and any other rookie we bring in, will have PS eligibility so there's that as well. Haralson is a proven vet, who's presence as a rotational guy was definitely missed down the stretch. I think we are definitely counting on Haralson in 2013.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Considering they have too many picks and few roster openings, SF taking Lattimore and IR'ing him makes a ton of sense. The health gamble makes me not want to use a 1st or 2nd on him, but at 74 and beyond I think I'd be good with that.
True but I dont see them using all 14 picks. I'm guessing between 8-12 with #34 being a wildcard because I can definitely see Baalke getting a team to give up their first rounder for #34 if a player slips to there and another wants that player who slips.

I wouldnt take Lattimore before the 4th round because you dont know how he's going to rebound from the horrible injury he suffered and even in 2014, you dont know what he's going to bring to the team. To me, not worth the risk and gamble.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

ROSTER -

QB / 2 - Kaepernick, Tolzien
RB / 3 - Gore, Hunter, James
FB / 2 - Miller, Dixon
WR / 5 - Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins
TE / 2 - Davis, Celek
C / 3 - Goodwin, Kilgore, Jennings (LS)
OG / 3 - Iupati, Boone, Looney
OT / 2 - Staley, Davis

K / 1 - Dawson
P / 1 - Lee

DE / 2 - Smith, McDonald
DT / 2 - Dorsey, Williams
OLB / 3 - Smith, Brooks, Haralson
ILB / 3 - Willis, Bowman, Skuta
CB / 5 - Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock
S / 3 - Whitner, Spillman, Dahl

That's 42 roster spots that I think are set right now. With Haralson and Manningham taking pay cuts, I dont see either getting released. The only player who could get released would be Goodwin but thats only if we draft a center early and he becomes as good or better than Goodwin. Other than him, I dont see anyone listed above going anywhere.

Last edited by dan77733 : 03-31-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added Dahl.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I don't see Haralson going anywhere. He took a pay-cut, which pretty much secures his roster spot in my eyes. And Cam Johnson, Fleming and any other rookie we bring in, will have PS eligibility so there's that as well. Haralson is a proven vet, who's presence as a rotational guy was definitely missed down the stretch. And think we are definitely counting on Haralson in 2013.
I totally forgot about him restructuring
Old 03-31-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
ROSTER -

QB / 2 - Kaepernick, Tolzien
RB / 3 - Gore, Hunter, James
FB / 2 - Miller, Dixon
WR / 5 - Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins
TE / 2 - Davis, Celek
C / 3 - Goodwin, Kilgore, Jennings (LS)
OG / 3 - Iupati, Boone, Looney
OT / 2 - Staley, Davis

K / 1 - Dawson
P / 1 - Lee

DE / 2 - Smith, McDonald
DT / 2 - Dorsey, Williams
OLB / 3 - Smith, Brooks, Haralson
ILB / 3 - Willis, Bowman, Skuta
CB / 5 - Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock
S / 2 - Whitner, Spillman

That's 41 roster spots that I think are set right now. With Haralson and Manningham taking pay cuts, I dont see either getting released. The only player who could get released would be Goodwin but thats only if we draft a center early and he becomes as good or better than Goodwin. Other than him, I dont see anyone listed above going anywhere.
No Dahl....?

Quote:
Old 03-31-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
No Dahl....?
Forget about him. Added. 42 total.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I hope Baalke is targeting SS Cooper Taylor from Richmond. Transferred to Richmond from GT where he was All-ACC second team as a freshmen. Missed the next year with a medical red-shirt due to a heart condition. Had surgery to fix the problem and wound up transferring after his sophmore year. He's Kam Chancellor with more range. 6'5, 235 lbs and tore it up at his Pro Day with a 4.47 40, 23 reps on the bench, and a 10' 7" broad . Got a chance to see him when UVA played Richmond and for a big kid, he can move. I like him as guy who could drop down in the box as a LB but still cover ground like a safety. That would bring a lot of versatility to defense not too mention some more length to the back-end. If his medical checks out, which it should considering he's 3 years removed from the heart procedure and has been cleared to play each year, I defintely would like them to take a long look at Taylor.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we are getting Colt McCoy. Vernnon reported it on the FA posting. So I will report it here. Dunno what pick we are giving up though . Hopefully a 4th or later.

Here is a link from NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rancisco-49ers

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 04-01-2013 at 03:56 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

It'll be a 6/7/conditional

Everything is a win about this deal, except his 2013 salary of $1.3 million.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It'll be a 6/7/conditional

Everything is a win about this deal, except his 2013 salary of $1.3 million.
Not too bad for a decent backup though....that puts our cap space down to about 3.3 million though...ouch

Quote: