Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Greatest Play Ever?

So with the greatest player ever thread going on, I thought I would pose the question of what you guys thought was the greatest single play ever in NFL history...
Two of my favorites are "the catch" and the "immaculate reception" with the edge goin to the "immaculate reception"...of course there are other great ones those are just my favorites...

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Music City Miracle wasn't too shabby...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
The Music City Miracle wasn't too shabby...
Another good one...
I remember watching that when I was younger and seeing everyone in the room I was watching it at each others' throats over whether or not it was a forward latteral.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recently, Randy Moss' catch and pitch back was pretty awesome. There are so many great ones, but that one is in my head right now.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Currently on the best damn sports show, they are doing the top 50 football plays ever. The Loyola kickoff return is one of my favorites.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD!!!!

You all know what im talking about =D

That was def pretty nice

I can put like 2 or 3 plays from that Boise State vs Oklahoma game in my top 10 too.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm enjoying the top 50 plays, some sweet ones in there that I forgot about.

I was surprised the Boise St. one wasn't higher but I guess if that took place in the middle of a game it would've been great but not nearly as good as it was in that situation.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Antonio Freeman's stop-drop-and-roll-tip-drill catch against the Vikings was pretty darned unbelievable.....he was sliding face down on the ground, the ball hit him square in the back.....and yet somehow he still made the catch and ran it in for the TD. (And if I'm not mistaken, it won the game for the Packers....might have been in OT).
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Yeah I'm enjoying the top 50 plays, some sweet ones in there that I forgot about.

I was surprised the Boise St. one wasn't higher but I guess if that took place in the middle of a game it would've been great but not nearly as good as it was in that situation.
Yeah, there's also a lot of smaller high school, not-well-known college plays that I have't seen on the show either, glad I just turned it on...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we aren't limiting this to the NFL...

Had Tyler Ecker not completely screwed it up.. Michigan's play against Nebraska would have been the best play of all time.. but Tyler Ecker is an idiot.. I believe he had Steve Breaston right behind him, he could've tossed it back.. UGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEXBPwF9_g
Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Had Tyler Ecker not completely screwed it up.. Michigan's play against Nebraska would have been the best play of all time.. but Tyler Ecker is an idiot.. I believe he had Steve Breaston right behind him, he could've tossed it back.. UGH.

What's sad with that play is the bunch of players you see just standing around not doing everything they can to help the team...even if you think the play is over, you gotta keep trying to pull it out.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most of the best football plays were in college football. NFL has a few good ones but not many.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler's TD to Javon Walker against Arizona.

Well, that was a great throw, but honestly, the Saints play has to be up there. The missed extra point might make it better. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOt the best but should be mentioned is when Lavar was still in college, and he like jumped over two 0linman and made the tackle, that was sick
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
What's sad with that play is the bunch of players you see just standing around not doing everything they can to help the team...even if you think the play is over, you gotta keep trying to pull it out.
plus if you watch the replay...one of the guys who tackles/knocks him out of bounds actually came from off the bench...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Antonio Freeman's stop-drop-and-roll-tip-drill catch against the Vikings was pretty darned unbelievable.....he was sliding face down on the ground, the ball hit him square in the back.....and yet somehow he still made the catch and ran it in for the TD. (And if I'm not mistaken, it won the game for the Packers....might have been in OT).
yes it was the most beutiful play ever

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
NOt the best but should be mentioned is when Lavar was still in college, and he like jumped over two 0linman and made the tackle, that was sick
Yeah that one was like teens or twenties, pretty sick... Ahmad Brooks had a sweet one just like it.

They just showed Antonio Freemans catch on MNF where it bounced off his shoulder, I still remember that one. I was almost asleep and I hear Al Micheals screaming and see how amazing it was.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Jay Cutler's TD to Javon Walker against Arizona.

Well, that was a great throw, but honestly, the Saints play has to be up there. The missed extra point might make it better. Lol.
that was an instant classic....especially with how consistent Carney had been throughout his career on extra points...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Avant
Manningham
Breaston
Hart
Ecker
Its like a list of the best offensive players for Michigan over the last 2-3 years all in one play

Old 04-22-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with the immaculate reception.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Keith: "Do the Titans have a miracle left in them in what has been a magical season to this point? If they do, they need it now. Christie kicks it high and short. Gonna be fielded by Lorenzo Neal at the 25; he dishes it back to Wycheck; he throws it across the field to Dyson..."

Ryan: "He's got somethin'..."

Keith: "30, 40..."

Ryan: "He's got somethin'..."

Keith: "50, 40.."

Ryan: "He's got it! He's got it!"

Keith (voice volume increasing): "30, 20.."

Ryan: "He's got it!"

Keith: "10, 5, endzone...touchdown, Titans! There are no flags on the field! It's a miracle! Tennessee has pulled a miracle! A miracle for the Titans!"
Homerific as all hell but I just can't say anything else.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

a homer pick

"the catch"

"the season, an outcome of a superbowl berth hangs in the balance..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9Vc4ssFHk
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Avant
Manningham
Breaston
Hart
Ecker
Its like a list of the best offensive players for Michigan over the last 2-3 years all in one play
Ecker should be banned from every Michigan event ever.. and never wear the colors Maize and Blue again.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

I love how football is like a story if ya know what i mean. Its almost like it has its own history and if in 1000 years the only history that people could find in this world is Starr's QB sneak in the ice bowl, Clark's catch, the Music City Miracle and Vinatieri's kick in the snow then I would be just fine w/ that. Abrupt comment but I wanted to say it

Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I love how football is like a story if ya know what i mean. Its almost like it has its own history and if in 1000 years the only history that people could find in this world is Starr's QB sneak in the ice bowl, Clark's catch, the Music City Miracle and Vinatieri's kick in the snow then I would be just fine w/ that. Abrupt comment but I wanted to say it
That would make for one interesting history class in a thousand years, I know that...