Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'd say the signing gives Oakland an excuss for passing on Smith and waiting till next year to secure their franchise QB. I think McKenzie is hoping Oakland finishes last in the NFL and secures Oakland the #1 overall pick in next year's draft. Flynn is obviously simply a stop gap solution aimed at getting a few season tickets sold before the fans realize how bad Oakland will be this season. IMO, it is a very smart move.
I can see this. "Suck for Bridgewater"

Also gives an excuse to have excitement for those longing for an "open competition" with Pryor. Pryor can be and exciting prospect for a lot of Raider fans even if he isn't going to be a good option.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

silly NIP, you need alliteration #Tank4Teddy
or #GetClownedonforClowney
or #SomeoneGetDrunkandDraftNovaSoIDontHaveToWatchHimA nymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#TankToTeddy

And damn my phone for delayed double post. Spotty 3G... >_<

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3G? It's 2013, birthday buddy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont even have a smart phone. It's ok NIP, don't let Brody bully you around
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We used to be so close, scotty.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-31-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I can see this. "Suck for Bridgewater"

Also gives an excuse to have excitement for those longing for an "open competition" with Pryor. Pryor can be and exciting prospect for a lot of Raider fans even if he isn't going to be a good option.
I find Pryor quite intriguing as a prospect but the signing of Flynn leaves me doubtful, the franchise has much hope for his development. If they really believed in him, they would hand him the reins and see what he could do, knowing the season is a lost one anyways. The signing of Flynn seems to suggest, he will be the starter next season, so I'm assuming, they will draft their potential franchise QB in next year's draft.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
3G? It's 2013, birthday buddy.
Yes. It's 2013 which is why I can get 3G in the woods of central Oregon when I'm camping. Ya jerk.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
We used to be so close, scotty.
You've become a bully lately, and as a future teacher, I have a 0 tolerance for bullying.

We can rekindle our love over Reggie Evans
Quote:
Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You've become a bully lately, and as a future teacher, I have a 0 tolerance for bullying.

We can rekindle our love over Reggie Evans
I'm not a bully at all, I stand up for the common man when he's down. And I'm teasing NIP dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-31-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Raiders are gonna have Flynn, and the Bills Kevin Kolb.

Bc retread qbs are always the way to go.

This is why bad organizations stay bad. Poor management and decision making at the top trickles down.
Flynn isn't a retread though. He sat behind one of the best QBs in the league in Green Bay, and got beat out by Russell Wilson, not because Flynn was bad, but because Wilson was just that good. He's never seen extensive time as a starter.

Not saying the Raiders are a good organization, they aren't, but this isn't a bad move. This years QB draft class is weak. Again the Raiders and Cardinals seem to be following the Seahawks model of finding a QB. 3 years in a row the Seahawks traded for or picked up a vet backup QB with upside. They didn't like the QB classes in '10 or '11 so they passed, and they waited until the 3rd round to take a QB last year. The vet QBs are insurance in case they don't find someone they like in the draft.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 03-31-2013 at 04:23 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn was horrible at LSU so I shall judge him based on that

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Flynn was horrible at LSU so I shall judge him based on that
Good call. Even in Green Bay, his play was overrated. Go back and look at each of his throws, and you'll see a guy who struggles with accuracy and decision-making. He's a very solid backup or a stop-gap starter. If he ever plays an entire season, you should probably put money on him throwing 20+ INTs.

He's just not a starter in the league.

Last edited by WCH : 03-31-2013 at 11:17 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
The Bills feel he fits the vertical offense perfectly.
Do they require a lot of interceptions or something? Kolb's arm is more west coast than vertical. Not sure what their thinking here.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Do they require a lot of interceptions or something? Kolb's arm is more west coast than vertical. Not sure what their thinking here.
Does Kolb have a cannon? No way. He can throw down the field though when given time.

I don't think he is the "perfect" fit either but they do for some reason.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
#Tank4Teddy2014
Thank god somebody started being a little creative. I was thinking Bomb for Bridgewater or Blow for Bridgewater.

I like bomb better for the word play. Throwing deep bombs. Bombing bridges.

Tank is such a great synonym for throwing a game/season, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've started a hashtag phenomenon on here.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Oakland got their man
Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ironic that Jarmarcus's backup is now the guy in Oakland?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
ironic that Jarmarcus's backup is now the guy in Oakland?
That is hilarious, they can't escape the memory of JaWalrus.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders are surrendering a "late" pick in both 2014 and 2015 according to Jay Glazer.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is pathetic to me that all these other QB 's who haven't done crap in the NFL are getting traded to teams who need a started QB while Tebow is left behind . Who has a better record , won a play off game and has had a winning season. Pretty sad how the teams are passing up on a much better QB . Plus i'm sure teams can land tebow cheaper then two draft picks .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
It is pathetic to me that all these other QB 's who haven't done crap in the NFL are getting traded to teams who need a started QB while Tebow is left behind . Who has a better record , won a play off game and has had a winning season. Pretty sad how the teams are passing up on a much better QB . Plus i'm sure teams can land tebow cheaper then two draft picks .
Tebow sucks, period.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Tim Tebow has never done a damn thing to convince anyone other than you and a bunch of Evangelists that he can play quarterback in the NFL. Even when he was winning, he was openly mocked by anyone and everyone who knows anything about football. So please remove Tebow's ***** from your mouth and try again.

What concerns me about the Flynn trade is that Buffalo would rather give Kevin Kolb $6 million a season than give up a late round pick or two for Flynn. He might not be the best QB the world has ever seen, but I'm pretty sure Flynn is better than Kolb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is pathetic to me that people actually think Tim Tebow is a good QB.