Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I agree. Thats the bottom line. Gotta produce, however you mentioned our stud LBs. How many games did they miss? Pass rushers? Ware played with 1 arm the last 4 or 5 games and yes our Safetys suck but I was looking at it from Romos point of view and the Offensive production. Then you throw in the playoff game and Romo was getting killed by the blitz. Did Garrett adjust? Nope, same ol 7 step drop and go deep. No 3 step slants, no curls, no screens, nothing! Hopefully Garrett gives up the OC job and we upgrade our OL. That would be a step in the right direction IMO
Next man up. Injuries aren't an excuse.

The Ravens had a banged up OL and no McKinnie for parts of the year, no Suggs for most the year, no Webb, injuries to Ray Lewis and Ed Reed throughout the season.

The Giants have overcome injuries on their last 2 SB runs.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Next man up. Injuries aren't an excuse.

The Ravens had a banged up OL and no McKinnie for parts of the year, no Suggs for most the year, no Webb, injuries to Ray Lewis and Ed Reed throughout the season.

The Giants have overcome injuries on their last 2 SB runs.
He asked if it were a talent issue or a Romo issue. I said we have some talent but a lot of our "studs" were hurt last year and our Oline sucks, has for many years. I also said he has to produce, bottom line...I realize teams deal with injuries all the time, maybe their GM did a better job with their depth. Maybe their coaches did a better job having backups ready to play. My ONLY point was its not a Romo issue, its a GM issue but weve been over that before.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 03-30-2013 at 06:33 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We ALL know this. We as fans also know hes not going anywhere so we give our ideas of what we think will help the team. To come on this board as a "fan" (not talking about you) and say that the GM sucks the QB sucks ect ect everytime your on the board without bringing any substance or ideas, well lets just say, most peeps on here dont want to read/hear it AGAIN. Even when a player has a breakout season, you cant come on here and admit it because it was a Jerry pick and he was drafted cuz "he looks good in shorts" The solution is real easy, Jerrys not going anywhere, Tonys not going anywhere, so that leaves certain "fans" to go find another team! Just leave already, be a fan of whoever is winning at the time and call them "your team" Sorry about the rant IC, but your right, Jerry should have been fired long ago but it will never happen. We are trying as fans to make the best of it, at least some of us are...
I actually try to avoid being too critical when I come on another's team's board, that just isn't fair to their fans and Jerry does keep the Cowboys at least interesting.

Being a fan of the Lions, Bills and Cleveland, I completely understand how tough it can be to ender endless criticism which is tough to correct because the owner just cannot get it right.

You have a good board with lots of active, strong contributors. I'll try to be respectful.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys To Bring In Running Backs Joseph Randle And Le'Veon Bell For Pre-Draft Visits...
Interesting. Bell doesn't fit the mold Garrett stated he wanted but I love it. Bell wouldn't add anything in terms of an outside bounce but having a big back to gain the tough yards would be really helpful.

Wasn't really impressed with Randle especially for where he's projected to be drafted. He does match the profile though. Excellent pass protection and hands and is elusive although no one will ever call him fast.

Last edited by Trogdor : 03-31-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Interesting. Bell doesn't fit the mold Garrett stated he wanted but I love it. Bell wouldn't add anything in terms of an outside bounce but having a big back to gain the tough yards would be really helpful.

Wasn't really impressed with Randle especially for where he's projected to be drafted. He does match the profile though. Excellent pass protection and hands and is elusive although no one will ever call him fast.
Randle is the best blocking RB in the draft. I like him.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-31-2013 at 08:26 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Randle is the best blocking RB in the draft. I like him.
Don't get me wrong I like him just not where he's projected (late 2nd). That's just insane IMHO.

I don't want to touch a RB until the 4th round. :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
OF COURSE! The game was lost by one drop by our #3 WR. Game over.

Classic Romopologist take at it.
It wasn't the fact that we ran Barber into the ground in the first half of the game going against the game plan that had actually gotten us to that position all season long?(you know. Use JJ to run the ball at 3 yards a pop before unleashing the Barbarian on a tired and sore defence instead of using Marion to do that). Then to top that stupidity off. Instead of seeing that it was a failed plan. Jason the Genius decided it worked so well that he wanted to do it again the next year.(see; downfall of Marion Barber as an NFL Running Back)

It wasn't the Giants basically going all out on the pass rush and living and dying by it(and Garrett not adjusting to that game plan at all?).

p.s Also of note is the fact that the Giants used this tactic for the rest of their playoff run and couldn't be stopped by an undefeated Patriots or a 13-3 Packers team either.

Romo had an average night that night but we were out game planned by the great and powerful Tom Coughlin.

The call that Romo has lost confidence is something I believe to be true, He's been taking the heat for making "questionable" decisions for years but nowhere near enough talk of the ******** he's been able to pull off when playing a little more carefree. You can see he's gotten a little more careful with the ball with his YPA dropping since 10. He's been a lot more consistent with his INT's going down. Last year he dropped something like 12 in the space of 4 games. Which means 7 in the other 12 games.

As the team has gradually tried to instil in him a sense that he needs to hold onto possession. I think the last thing they need to do is get him to stop taking so much responsibility on getting the team moving.(which will result in less 3+ INT efforts).

I prefer the gunslinger. I can handle 15-20 turnovers if he's throwing 30+ TD's, evidentally I am in the minority with that feeling.

I personally think we have our best opportunity to win a Super Bowl with Romo over the next two years. When he's still able to throw with the same force and accuracy and his belief in his teammates around him is still high enough to believe in them, rather then taking it on himself.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the sense Im getting is at 18 we are looking at Cooper, Warmack, or Vaccaro. Maybe Austin as a long shot. Anybody hearing of somebody else we seem to be high on that might be there at 18?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have started to lose faith, to be honest. That is one of the reasons I don't post as much as I use to. I am still a fan and will watch the games, but geez! Talent wise, I think the line is bad. That is where I would upgrade first. From where I sat, it seemed like when in the red zone we just couldn't push the other team's DL back.

Having said that, I am not sure the talent level is the problem. Many posters on here have made some really good points. Every team has weaknesses, injuries, ups and downs.

Ultimately, there is only one thing that the front office can fix, as far as the team goes. That would be talent level. I just don't have faith that they spend their money correctly.

I want them to build from the draft first. They have seemed reluctant/unable to do that in the past. Even though they have no choice now, I am not sure they can do it.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team needs to take on the personality & culture of guys like Dez and Sean Lee.

That team will have a chance.

As is, this team is what it is. Flash and show that always comes up short when it matters.

As good as Ware & Witten (to a lesser extent, Romo) are -- they're not leaders. They're never screaming at guys. They're never leading the emotional charge. And it shows when it counts.. No one on the team sets people straight.

I was watching a SoundFX of The Triplets the other day and it was amazing seeing the type of player leadership and emotion you got from Aikman & Irvin on the sidelines.

Aikman was constantly cussing out OL and coaching his WR's.. Right after a guy scored his first career TD, Aikman goes up to him and says "Hey good job but I need you to get quicker out of your break. You need to speed it up."

Nothing was ever good enough for Troy and that's an awesome quality. And it takes a lot of confidence to not just lead by example but to force that same mentality on everyone else.

Tony doesn't have that.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
So the sense Im getting is at 18 we are looking at Cooper, Warmack, or Vaccaro. Maybe Austin as a long shot. Anybody hearing of somebody else we seem to be high on that might be there at 18?
Too early to think about that. Say hypothetically they sign any combination of Moore, Laurent Robinson, or Winston.

Focus could easily be on DL or maybe someone like Fluker if they view him as a player with versatility at guard and tackle.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's 100% the sense I get right now but all 3 guys could be gone by our pick so I don't know what to think about that. I do know that it's an easy choice if any of the 3 are there and I would be happy with either.

Quote:
I was watching a SoundFX of The Triplets the other day and it was amazing seeing the type of player leadership and emotion you got from Aikman & Irvin on the sidelines.

Aikman was constantly cussing out OL and coaching his WR's.. Right after a guy scored his first career TD, Aikman goes up to him and says "Hey good job but I need you to get quicker out of your break. You need to speed it up."

Nothing was ever good enough for Troy and that's an awesome quality. And it takes a lot of confidence to not just lead by example but to force that same mentality on everyone else.

Tony doesn't have that.

I caught this and dvr'd it. I believe it and think it's important, and if you don't put an emphasis on finding guys like this it'll never change. Luckily Dez has some of that Irvin in his game, but watching the way Irvin would get into the face of the defense, or offensive line, or whoever, gave me chills. It wasn't just about the on the field product with him and Aikman. I couldn't agree more with Dez & Lee, fortunately they were in the same class and saved this team from being completely in the toilet, but I wish we had more of it.

I know Atlanta scouts and looks for College Team Captains and leaders, if we don't look for guys like that it'll never change. We used to have Bradie James getting guys fired up and it used to sound pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's 100% the sense I get right now but all 3 guys could be gone by our pick so I don't know what to think about that. I do know that it's an easy choice if any of the 3 are there and I would be happy with either.

I caught this and dvr'd it. I believe it and think it's important, and if you don't put an emphasis on finding guys like this it'll never change. Luckily Dez has some of that Irvin in his game, but watching the way Irvin would get into the face of the defense, or offensive line, or whoever, gave me chills. It wasn't just about the on the field product with him and Aikman. I couldn't agree more with Dez & Lee, fortunately they were in the same class and saved this team from being completely in the toilet, but I wish we had more of it.

I know Atlanta scouts and looks for College Team Captains and leaders, if we don't look for guys like that it'll never change. We used to have Bradie James getting guys fired up and it used to sound pathetic.
You know you have issues when Bradie James and Marcus Spears are the emotional leaders of the defense.

To give an even better idea of how pathetic the leadership was/is on this team -- look at when Keith Brooking came in. Some over-the-hill retread is signed as a veteran stop gap and he somehow becomes the defensive leader and probably the most emotional guy on the team? LOL

Dez cares a lot. I think he's the type of guy who has infectious emotion which is what this team needs. And I really like Dez, but again, how pathetic is that? The most emotional guy on the team and the guy who seemingly cares the most is the guy who needs a babysitter.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know Atlanta scouts and looks for College Team Captains and leaders, if we don't look for guys like that it'll never change.
Actually, JG does just this!

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know you have issues when Bradie James and Marcus Spears are the emotional leaders of the defense.

To give an even better idea of how pathetic the leadership was/is on this team -- look at when Keith Brooking came in. Some over-the-hill retread is signed as a veteran stop gap and he somehow becomes the defensive leader and probably the most emotional guy on the team? LOL

Dez cares a lot. I think he's the type of guy who has infectious emotion which is what this team needs. And I really like Dez, but again, how pathetic is that? The most emotional guy on the team and the guy who seemingly cares the most is the guy who needs a babysitter.
The coaches need to let Dez lead this team. Ya it's a joke about him needing a babysitter and all. But let's face it, it's not like Irvin didn't have his fair share of issues. Granted those were a bit later on after championships.

Point is, let Dez get in these guys faces and lead them.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

I live near Detroit and watch Michigan St. games all the time. Bell is not a tough inside runner, dispite his size, he perfers to go outside and try to make tacklers miss rather than use his size to attack them. That's why he isn't getting a lot of love in draft discussions.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
The coaches need to let Dez lead this team. Ya it's a joke about him needing a babysitter and all. But let's face it, it's not like Irvin didn't have his fair share of issues. Granted those were a bit later on after championships.

Point is, let Dez get in these guys faces and lead them.
I don't think Dez has enough respect from his team for them ever to follow his lead. Maybe he is finally growing up but he came into the league as a me first type and screw the team, and don't expect me to work hard at my profession. It is hard to change that image.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't think Dez has enough respect from his team for them ever to follow his lead. Maybe he is finally growing up but he came into the league as a me first type and screw the team, and don't expect me to work hard at my profession. It is hard to change that image.
That's media driven, people like Jason Witten, Romo, Ware, those guys respect him. That may have been true as a rookie, but his entire attitude after fracturing his pinkie in every interview, in practice, his emotion on the field, the way the leaders on the team talk about him now, he definately has enough respect.

He loves football and you have to drag him off the football field, his passion and work ethic have never been in question before. You could just see the way he carried himself on the sideline down the stretch last year and tell a transformation was happening in terms of being a vocal & emotional leader.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brandon Moore or Eric Winston aren't liking our offer, what do you think of Andre Smith?

According to PFF, he was the #1 rated RT in 2012. In 2011, he was #5.

Personally, I'd be a big fan of that. He's come a long ways since being an overweight draft prospect. Even though even as a draft prospect he was better than Fluker.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
If Brandon Moore or Eric Winston aren't liking our offer, what do you think of Andre Smith?

Personally, I'd be a big fan of that. He's come a long ways since being an overweight draft prospect. Even though even as a draft prospect he was better than Fluker.
He's awesome if he wants to be. Bengals fans (and PFF) will tell you the concern was weight and injuries the first few seasons and then in 2011 he turned it on, in 2012 he was absolutely dominant, but motivation will always be a question mark.

It's always scary when a guys best season comes in his contract year. I also think its pretty telling that he isn't even had any visits or offers yet. The Bengals are basically sitting on a low ball offer waiting for someone else to force their hand and no one seems willing to take the risk.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just cannot get behind an Andre Smith signing. He's had some feet injuries and that type of injury for big men scares me some. And to boot, let's face it this guy has a reputation as being lazy. At this point does this team really need to bring on a player with this kind of past? People on this board want to talk about how we don't have the right type of players and how we don't have leaders. Signing a guy like Smith contradicts that talk. Maybe he rated as the best RT last year, but I look at that as he was in a contract year working to get paid.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@fishsports: As i said on @1053thefan this am: idea of vet OL Winston a little closer to #Cowboys front burner. But waiting w $5M still a top option
This would be a nice surprise. Would certainly be the end of the line for Free so that 7 mil would be open to sign rookies. It would make sense if you want to get the best production out of Romo and his 55 mil of guarenteed money, especially if they can lock down a guard in the top two rounds of the draft.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Winston would be delicious. Please make it happen!

Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Winston would be delicious. Please make it happen!
AMEN! Would help us address other needs in the draft too. If we don't address RT with a 1st or 2nd round pick, then we're screwed imo. Either keeping Free or gonna have to go with a risky project.

Eric Winston and Andre Smith are at the top of my list right now.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AMEN! Would help us address other needs in the draft too. If we don't address RT with a 1st or 2nd round pick, then we're screwed imo. Either keeping Free or gonna have to go with a risky project.

Eric Winston and Andre Smith are at the top of my list right now.
It all depends on what way our blocking scheme leans toward. If we sign Winston and Expect us to lean toward Cooper / Pugh / Barrett and run more zone blocking.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote