Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone want to pm me a link for last night's episode? I moved over the weekend and couldn't get cable setup in time.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That show at least had a definitive direction, the writers were all on the same page, and it was done in a spectacularly artistic way. IMO. I'll just have to disagree.
Only thing Lost had on this was way better characters. To me it's the same I'm watching to find out how it all ends kind of thing.

I certainly like it more in the early seasons, but the ending disappointed me so much I think it made me think of the whole series worse.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I can think of one obviously... not the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will agree with a lot of you saying that the battle was anticlimactic. But it was realistic. Almost all the people in the Governor's group have no battle experience. So when things go bad, I'm not mad that they made a run for it. But they shouldn't have just had the Governor, Martinez, and random black guy drive off. At the very least, they should have ended the episode with the Governor planning something, spying on the prison, or anything to kind of lead into the next season.

Also, Allen broke the cardinal rule of guns. Don't pull your gun unless you are planning on shooting. And don't plan on shooting unless you are okay with killing the person you are shooting at.

Lastly, Carl was 100% right shooting that kid. They said drop the gun. He didn't drop the gun. And like Carl, you never know what the kid would end up doing if they didn't kill him. I really like how they have progressed Carl's character this season from a worthless pile of horse poo to almost a mini-Governor.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ahh yeah... I guess but less long term ramifications.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Carl after this season a lot more. And it makes sense, he's growing up in this world, he should be the one that isn't afraid to do what needs to be done because of history.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was common knowledge that it's not some random black guy with the Gov, thats Ed Reed.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Broth, you say that this show can't win with some people, but you're on the other end of the spectrum: you will defend everything this show does until your dying breath.
The best analogy I can think of for the supporters are comparing them to the pro Mark Sanchez camp around these parts the last couple of seasons. Sure he'd have a great game against the bills every once in awhile to which the suporters would jump on and use to emphasize the fact that he can look like a decent starter, all the while ignoring the majority of terribleness exhibited over the season against every other team. I mean when your best argument is "the finale was alright", youre really setting that bar low for expectations, and expecting others to do the same is ridiculous.

Although I'm sure were guilty for setting it too high, something I attribute to acknowledging the fact that the show has enormous potential to reach that standard....it just doesnt. But hey, last weeks episode really sent all us "haters" packing.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Broth, you say that this show can't win with some people, but you're on the other end of the spectrum: you will defend everything this show does until your dying breath.
I wouldn't say I've defended 100% of everything this show has done. Ones I can specifically remember is the over acting by rick when Lorie died I even said the season's final episode was rather lack luster, I'm sure if I went deep enough into the thread I could find other instances. I've always been livid at how the show hasn't ever followed the comics (past the very beginning of season 2). I'll say its true about my vitriol always being more pro show but it is generally more due to being a counter point to the people who hate the show regardless of what it does .

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I wouldn't say I've defended 100% of everything this show has done. Ones I can specifically remember is the over acting by rick when Lorie died I even said the season's final episode was rather lack luster, I'm sure if I went deep enough into the thread I could find other instances. I've always been livid at how the show hasn't ever followed the comics (past the very beginning of season 2). I'll say its true about my vitriol always being more pro show but it is generally more due to being a counter point to the people who hate the show regardless of what it does .
I don't hate the show unless it deserves it, and this has definitely deserved it. Season 1 was a good time, season 2 was pretty much awful, and I actually liked most of season 3 except I thought the finale was the worst season finale I've ever seen.

But it doesn't matter, because TWD hit 12m+ viewers and an 5.6 in the 18-49 demo. It isn't in danger at all. Maybe if it was they would make some changes that would improve quality, but oh well.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a big fan during season 1. Season 2 was a stinker. Season 3 started to raise my interest in the series again. I've watched the first 2 episodes of season 4 when they first aired and I haven't seen any of the other season 4 episodes. I got too busy to watch them when they first aired and I haven't bothered going back to them. I find that I haven't really cared about finding out what has happened now. Maybe I'll watch them at some point in the future, maybe not.

I was a big supported of the show at first. I'm just burned out at this point, I suppose.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I was a big fan during season 1. Season 2 was a stinker. Season 3 started to raise my interest in the series again. I've watched the first 2 episodes of season 4 when they first aired and I haven't seen any of the other season 4 episodes. I got too busy to watch them when they first aired and I haven't bothered going back to them. I find that I haven't really cared about finding out what has happened now. Maybe I'll watch them at some point in the future, maybe not.

I was a big supported of the show at first. I'm just burned out at this point, I suppose.
You have access to Season 4 already?!!?!!?

: )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The best analogy I can think of for the supporters are comparing them to the pro Mark Sanchez camp around these parts the last couple of seasons. Sure he'd have a great game against the bills every once in awhile to which the suporters would jump on and use to emphasize the fact that he can look like a decent starter, all the while ignoring the majority of terribleness exhibited over the season against every other team. I mean when your best argument is "the finale was alright", youre really setting that bar low for expectations, and expecting others to do the same is ridiculous.

Although I'm sure were guilty for setting it too high, something I attribute to acknowledging the fact that the show has enormous potential to reach that standard....it just doesnt. But hey, last weeks episode really sent all us "haters" packing.......
Comparing this show to Mark Sanchez is terrible and laughable. I'd say closer to an Andy Dalton good but not great QB who people think is better than he is. The same is true with the Walking Dead. It will never be Game of Thrones (it could have been if they did what Game of Thrones did but I digress.) I guess it is easier to defend the show without the expectations but with that said many times the things you guys complain about has nothing to do with the story. "Plot holes" that have nothing to with the plot. Bullet physics errors? The plane is a different color? things Sure some things done during action scenes were silly (what comes to mind is firing from a moving vehicle.) . There are legitimate gripes with the show but they often get lost in the crap.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone thinks Andy is better than he is. The Sanchez comparison was pretty solid.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TWD could have never been Game of Thrones no matter what they did because of the source material. Game of Thrones has better characters, a better plot, and is better written.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Comparing this show to Mark Sanchez is terrible and laughable. I'd say closer to an Andy Dalton good but not great QB who people think is better than he is. The same is true with the Walking Dead. It will never be Game of Thrones (it could have been if they did what Game of Thrones did but I digress.) I guess it is easier to defend the show without the expectations but with that said many times the things you guys complain about has nothing to do with the story. "Plot holes" that have nothing to with the plot. Bullet physics errors? The plane is a different color? things Sure some things done during action scenes were silly (what comes to mind is firing from a moving vehicle.) . There are legitimate gripes with the show but they often get lost in the crap.
And those things you listed I have never taken issue with. What I do take issue with are, lack of any real interesting characters. Darryl is always listed as the most likeable, and I don't disagree but that hardly means hes a good characters. He just doesn't make as many ridiculous unintelligent choices as the rest of the group, has a no ******** bravado, and uses a cross bow(while cool highly unpractical).

Other than that, I want all of these damn characters to die, I can't stand any of them. They constantly make terrible decisions that do nothing but put people in worse situations. And I blame that on the writers. Never once have i nit picked anything about this show, mostly because this season Ive only tuned in when Ive had time and there are always far larger problems with what goes on than anything you listed.

Also the Sanchez comment was ******* dead accurate. The only thing I'd change is that this show actually has a high ceiling. Yet the people content with this **** will flock to it like a crack baby which in turn will never push this team to get competent writers, meaning we'll get left with more of last night with a few solid episodes per season for some time to come. Boo hoo that not everyone is content with mediocrity, and even thats a compliment to use on this trash. Take away the zombies and not a single person could tell me they'd sit through a show with these characters. Can you imagine these people in GoT, or BB, or Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 04-01-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only real gripe is that the Governor just disappeared. I liked everything else they had going on from start to finish. I still think the writing/directing are terrible but I've adjusted my expectations and increased my suspension of disbelief accordingly.

I think JR covered it well - the Gov's fighters were wiped out and his group of average people weren't up to the task. The battle scene was very realistic for the circumstances and it went down the way I expected (after the surprise attack, as I was just starting to believe the prison had been abandoned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Andrea... :'(

Was Carl wrong to merc that kid in the head? No sir. Carl is his own man. That wasn't even his whole night.

Plus, drop the gun means drop the gun. Not hold it out and slowly lower it. It could have been a trick. Maybe he tries a fake out, or has another gun on him? King Carl doesn't know. All he sees is hesitation. Hershel needs to check himself. He's just mad at today's youths, and knows Beth's erotic future is with Generation Carl.
Dead on balls accurate. Andrea & Carl have consistently been the scapegoats, imo. I liked both as compelling but terribly written/directed roles, rather than **** actors like most claim. Suddenly Carl is a better actor? No. He just isn't written into a craptastic, unattended brat.

Drop the gun. Don't keep walking towards us with it in your hands. Herschel's a biddy for not seeing it that way and Carl is 100% right - it's time to take out the bad guys and be done with it. Beth, no doubt, got moist.

Quote:
This is what I'll say yes the final episode a not as good as the episode before it but it seems that the show just can't win with some people.

First they talk too much "They should call it talking dead lolz" then the pick up the action a little then "Why don't they give the asthma kid a back story."

First "they don't miss totally unrealistic" then "Hey why don't they hit any of the governor's men" then "that battle didn't take long enough."
Quote:
I think Broth is right, regardless of his stance on the show. I see it the same way. His points are dead on, and draw from statements made over the course of the season.

Things done right:
- Carl steps up.
- Andrea gets a chance to explain what she was doing (which was admirable all along) and gets a resolution to her story w/the group.
- Governor shows just how vicious he is and sets up his comic-version self for crazyness next season. (this covers the Milton scene plus the awesomeness that was his snap, wiping out everyone.)
- Surprise/Ambush at the prison. It was well set up w/the sounds of doors and the appearance of flash grenades and walkers. Riot gear w/Maggie and Glen being badass was a plus, too.
- Tyrese showing his worth, again. Rejoining Rick's group.
- Gate ramming and walker wasting entrance to the prison.
- The 'realistic' way the battle went at the prison with a big group of soft Woodbury citizens turning tail.

Things they did wrong:
- Governor just leaves and goes . . . where, exactly? Dumb. He certainly would have gone back to Woodbury and expected his last two cronies to play along.
- Rick's group should have wiped out the Gov's group in the Tombs. Sneak attack with flash grenades and walkers should have made them easy targets.
- Milton died. Not a huge minus for me, though, as they used him well to end the season. It's only a minus b/c he was becoming a very compelling character in a show that is lacking compelling characters.
- No real set up for next season. Governor? Some other threat? The Gov + 2 cronies, few weapons and an apparent wanderlust isn't a great story for the next season's conflict. Also not a huge issue for me, aside from the very real concern that next season will become "The Farm: Revisited."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 04-02-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: correctoring "writering"
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
- No real set up for next season. Governor? Some other threat? The Gov + 2 cronies, few weapons and an apparent wanderlust isn't a great story for the next season's conflict. Also not a huge issue for me, aside from the very real concern that next season will become "The Farm: Revisited."
This is my biggest concern for next season. Before this episode, I had a number of different ideas on which way the show could go. Some were based on the comics. Others not so much. But how this episode ended, I have no idea what will happen next.

They could have shown the Governor, Martinez, and Ed Reed doing something. They oculd have shown Morgan doing something. Or they could have done some things from the comics:

But without any foreshadowing, I have not idea what is coming up. And without a hint as to what is going to happen, I have nothing to look forward too and I'm not as excited for the next season premier.

But my guess for Season Four is the group at the Prison if shown after a a six-month break.The first episode will be quite slow. A basic run down of what has happened. Daryl and Carol are together. Glenn and Maggie are married. Crops are being harvested. Life is finally getting back to normal. The episode ends with a shot of the Governor, Martinez, and Ed Reed gathering a crew of random survivors for a last ditched effort to take the prison.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I think this explains my middling interest in this episode. A season finale should provide a yearning for the next season, and this did not.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pumped for a shoot out and didn't get it. :/
Old 04-02-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, they better not make next season just like being on the farm. Which is what I feel may happen. Ah, interpersonal drama at the prison!
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This is my biggest concern for next season. Before this episode, I had a number of different ideas on which way the show could go. Some were based on the comics. Others not so much. But how this episode ended, I have no idea what will happen next.

They could have shown the Governor, Martinez, and Ed Reed doing something. They oculd have shown Morgan doing something. Or they could have done some things from the comics:

But without any foreshadowing, I have not idea what is coming up. And without a hint as to what is going to happen, I have nothing to look forward too and I'm not as excited for the next season premier.

But my guess for Season Four is the group at the Prison if shown after a a six-month break.The first episode will be quite slow. A basic run down of what has happened. Daryl and Carol are together. Glenn and Maggie are married. Crops are being harvested. Life is finally getting back to normal. The episode ends with a shot of the Governor, Martinez, and Ed Reed gathering a crew of random survivors for a last ditched effort to take the prison.
Wouldn't it be an epic start to the season if the Governor ran into the Hunters. It would be a really good way to introduce them.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Also, they better not make next season just like being on the farm. Which is what I feel may happen. Ah, interpersonal drama at the prison!
My worst ******* fear.

And this time there won't be a headcase like Shane which will make it even worse.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I was pumped for a shoot out and didn't get it. :/
Yep, that's getting really annoying. They purposely hype these things up and then just don't give you much of anything.

The midseason cliffhanger with Daryl was resolved in a couple minutes. I know when two guys are pitted against each other in a fight to the death, you don't exactly have a large amount of time to resolve it, but it just felt like it was over so quick with a happy outcome.

Then this episode is titled "Welcome to the Tombs" and they spend, what, 80 seconds in that area? The fight was a total letdown.

This is the refrain for complaints with the show - These things might make sense with how they happen, but they're just not entertaining. I'm sorry if it sounds like I have an attention span that can only be measured in nanoseconds and need zombies chomping and firefights all the time, but that was such a weak finale.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
My worst ******* fear.

And this time there won't be a headcase like Shane which will make it even worse.
One of the newly adopted old folk will come down with a bad case of diabeetus and the season will revolve around contant supply runs to Wilford Brimley's house.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote