Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fine episode. I won't say I was in love with it but I was certainly engaged and excited the whole time.

She really doesn't look that great in any picture I've seen of her out of character, but Ygritte is totally cute in the show. Of course, I'm from Buffalo and would be attracted to the one female that's always bundled up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
**** yeah Based Barristan Selmy.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That girl with Bronn got added to the list tonight. Holy cannoli.
Double yes.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good start to the new season. I agree with you on Ygritte, McGee, hoping we get to see Jon Snow enjoy her sooner than later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
My only "complaint" would be we spent time on some characters I don't care about and not enough on Arya, Theon, and Jamie. It's not a big deal, they'll get their turn next week, but after so many months off I'd have rather seen them instead of the time spent on Sam and Stannis.

Plenty of Tyrion though, so that's good. And I already feel bad for Sansa inevitably getting used for some plan.
Of everything going on in this show, the one thing I just don't give a **** about is the Stannis story.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the onion knight and his pirate friend, but that's the only part of the Stannis part that I like. Well and their phrase, "the night is dark and full of terrors" has become a little running joke with me and my friends.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaime is one of my characters so of course I would have loved to see him this episode but i enjoy rooting against Stannis. He is one of the few characters on the show I hate.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you hate Stannis? It's not like he's Geoffrey, stannis is just so blah.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
How can you hate Stannis? It's not like he's Geoffrey, stannis is just so blah.
I love Joffrey because he embraces the fact that he is a piece of ****. He is just such a d bag. Stannis is all serious and religious. **** that guy. I look forward to his death, I will be less enthused when Joffrey dies because I love hating him.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I love Joffrey because he embraces the fact that he is a piece of ****. He is just such a d bag. Stannis is all serious and religious. **** that guy. I look forward to his death, I will be less enthused when Joffrey dies because I love hating him.
spoilers? how do we know they will die?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is GOT. My working assumption is that everyone will die.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It is GOT. My working assumption is that everyone will die.
I have not read the books so I am assuming the same thing. No way Joffrey doesn't die at same point.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stannis is pretty much the least interesting character on the show by a long shot, so there's that. Should have killed him instead of his far better/more interesting/sexier brother.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Stannis is pretty much the least interesting character on the show by a long shot, so there's that. Should have killed him instead of his far better/more interesting/sexier brother.
That blandness is why I don't get how one can hate him, he's too boring to hate. The Onion Knight is the only redeeming part of his scenes, and so once he dies, Stannis should just be an off screen presence driving the actions of the others.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the end of the battle would have been much better with Stannis dying, but I have no idea how he comes into the story in the future.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course he's the least interesting character, he's the only one with a rightful claim to the throne. That makes sense from a conventional narrative standpoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stannis' brother is not sexier Brodeur. Neither of their names and the word 'sexy' belong in the same sentence.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone is missing the point. Stannis is supposed to be boring.If anything, the writers and actors are doing a perfect job. He is supposed to be boring as ****. Everyone in westoros finds him to be boring, including his brothers. That is one reason why no one wants him to be king. So if the writers got you thinking he is boring, they did a great job, because he is.

The onion Knight - Ser Davos Seaworth. Is one of my favorite characters from the book. He is in many ways like Eddard Stark.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on, she's gorgeous
Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I think everyone is missing the point. Stannis is supposed to be boring.If anything, the writers and actors are doing a perfect job. He is supposed to be boring as ****. Everyone in westoros finds him to be boring, including his brothers. That is one reason why no one wants him to be king. So if the writers got you thinking he is boring, they did a great job, because he is.

The onion Knight - Ser Davos Seaworth. Is one of my favorite characters from the book. He is in many ways like Eddard Stark.
Davos is way more interesting than Eddard Stark was in the show. I haven't read the books, nor will I until the show is done, so I can't speak to them, but in the show it's not even close.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post

I think we all understand that he is supposed to be boring. That is what makes me hate him. I am not using hate in a bad way. I want his character to die is all and that is because he is so damn boring. Never once have I said the writers have done a poor job with him, they've done a great job.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

StripedWalrus is totally right about Stannis in the book and the show. I've only read up to a certain point, but from what I can tell they've done a great job portraying his bland/boring nature.

Also once again Emilia Clarke <3333333
Old 04-02-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Stannis, I find his rigidness and relative static nature to be a nice contrast to the other more dynamic personalities in the series. I think you lose a lot of the little things and characters in the show that you get in the books that adds intrigue to his storyline. They develop the lord of light storyline better in the books, and Stannis's struggle with that duty is more compelling in the books.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 04-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I just want Stannis to be off screen, unless they really develop him this year and give him something more interesting than I am rightful king, kneel before me, just let him be an off screen terror.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious about whats going to happen with that red head *****. She up to some ****.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-03-2013 at 01:58 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the spoiler have to do with the books?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote