Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
it could/should. I think it opens the Raiders options up more (they feel less pressured to take a QB anyways). The Cardinals I think were planning on taking a QB in round 2 all along, so this trade just makes it even more sure that will be the case and probably has little to no impact on what they were gonna do in round one. The Flynn deal makes it harder to predict which direction Oakland will go.
Right. There are a number of scenarios that make some sense. You can't discount them still taking Smith if he is available, but Flynn gives them insurance if the Jags take him. Also, I wonder if Cleveland is now in a good position to let Smith fall to them?

Personally, I am for whatever direction Reggie wants to go in, but I'd do freaking cartwheels if we were to some how trade down and still get a player like Warmack, Lotulelei or Cooper.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England could potentially go WR, OG, DT, DE, LB, CB, or S. They should be pretty good at QB, RB, TE, OT, C.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona is definitely out of the QB running in the first round with the acquisition of Carson Palmer.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm left to wonder, if these QBs fall, as conventional wisdom would dictate, will a team that is already set at QB take one of these guys?

I can't imagine teams with aged veteran QBs (Saints/Broncos/Pats) opposed to striking on a prospect with upside. Obviously there is no need to start day one. Probably not even through year 2. But taking a rookie in the first round gives that team 5 years' control over that rookie. Three years from now, I'm not sure I see Brady or Manning or Brees maintaining their level of play.

I can't imagine Osweiler or Mallett are prospects good enough to preclude adding a QB that falls.

It would be funny if these QB hungry teams pass on QBs, hoping they'll slide to round 2, only to have them picked up late in round 1.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote