Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Regarding Geno, I'm not totally sold on him. He definitely has traits that can be developed, but I don't think the Jets are really a team I'm confident is going to do a good job of quarterback development. Maybe with Mornhinwig and Lee now, but I don't know.
If we aren't good at QB development then we will be in trouble throughout this process regardless (drafting a rookie QB). I don't think any QB coming out will be sufficient without adequate support for development. Clearly it didn't go too well with Sanchez, but we have different people now, and Geno / Mark are different people / players.

If Geno is available at #9 I would be fine with taking him. I'm more comfortable with Geno as a prospect than some of the other potential guys we would likely take in the second round, and at least we would be moving on and developing our QB of the future. Right now it is a hope Teddy or Johnny continue to succeed and we can get them. Not sure that is a winning strategy....but then again, neither is reaching for a QB (ie. Vikings with Ponder, Browns with Weeden).

One thing I keep hearing about this Revis deal is that the Bucs may wait to see who is on the clock before dealing. Who do you think they would be looking for that would deem it acceptable or unacceptable to deal? Is it a top talent falling, or someone in particular (ie. Rhodes?)? From the Jets perspective, I think we may draft differently at #9 knowing we have #13 as well, versus #9 not knowing you have #13.

Lastly, regarding Teddy Bridgewater, how do you compare him as a prospect to current and previous college QB's who have come out? I haven't seen enough of him, primarily only knowing him because he ditched my Canes for Louisville. I saw parts of two games, but he was hurt in them I believe.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote