Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Richardson is coming in for a visit.
Probably will be the top player on our board. Can't imagine him falling to 18 he's far too talented.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Probably will be the top player on our board. Can't imagine him falling to 18 he's far too talented.
I'll say one thing. 1st Round DTs scare the HECK outta me. The bust factor on them is so high it's ridiculous. I gotta be TOTALLY sold on the guy in order to love him as a 1st rounder. Felt that way about Brockers last year.

I've seen many mocks with him lasting to us, so I don't think it's totally out of the question. I just hope we don't get carried away and figure we have to trade up for him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'll say one thing. 1st Round DTs scare the HECK outta me. The bust factor on them is so high it's ridiculous. I gotta be TOTALLY sold on the guy in order to love him as a 1st rounder. Felt that way about Brockers last year.

I've seen many mocks with him lasting to us, so I don't think it's totally out of the question. I just hope we don't get carried away and figure we have to trade up for him.
I'm with you on this for the most part, but Richardson doesn't scare me for some reason. But I'd rather go Cooper and then try to trade up in the 2nd for Sylvester Williams if he's still around. That guy looks the part.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013Draft

Around 20 more days......I think it's getting exciting like every year when we get down to the last couple of weeks. Couple of things

Don't think a QB will be taken before us.
I think Austin is a wild card...somebody will want to trade up if he is there at 18.
Minnesota we could take down....maybe
I think COOPER will be there......teams will not select him.....

I think Vacarro will be gone too

At this moment I want Ricardson or Cooper.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Around 20 more days......I think it's getting exciting like every year when we get down to the last couple of weeks. Couple of things

Don't think a QB will be taken before us.
I think Austin is a wild card...somebody will want to trade up if he is there at 18.
Minnesota we could take down....maybe
I think COOPER will be there......teams will not select him.....

I think Vacarro will be gone too

At this moment I want Ricardson or Cooper.
Any reason behind these thoughts? Or just throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks?
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The veteran QB movement here as of late could really impact the first half of the draft. Teams like Oakland, Arizona and Buffalo that may have taken a QB in round 1, might not be waiting until rounds 2 or 3. I think one of them will still take one in round 1, but wouldn't be surprised if they do not.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
The veteran QB movement here as of late could really impact the first half of the draft. Teams like Oakland, Arizona and Buffalo that may have taken a QB in round 1, might not be waiting until rounds 2 or 3. I think one of them will still take one in round 1, but wouldn't be surprised if they do not.
Guys like Barkley and EJ Manuel are wild cards for teams to trade back up into the first to select. Not sure if they'd jump to 18...but I could easily see a team needing a QB sold on a guy moving back into the first to secure him. Ala Cle last year.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Guys like Barkley and EJ Manuel are wild cards for teams to trade back up into the first to select. Not sure if they'd jump to 18...but I could easily see a team needing a QB sold on a guy moving back into the first to secure him. Ala Cle last year.
I certainly hope Jerry doesn't try to wheel and deal his way around the draft, PBA all the way. This draft is important considering our future cap restraints we need to continue to hit on players especially high in the draft.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for ya'll. Would you trade Witten for a 2nd rounder? I got offered that from TEN in the forum mock.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013

@DrewyVuitton

I am just throwing &$@: at the wall and seeing if it sticks. I think many of play arm chair draft gura......nobody ever remembers who we wanted to draft the last couple of years who have been busts. We all our experts every year.

I just think when we get to 18 many of the players we want will be gone....so our choice might be limited. We need to hope one or two QB are selected before 18. I also hope 2 wr get selected. This will bring our players down. Somebody will trade up......and when u get to the teens that's where the price is not so high.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Question for ya'll. Would you trade Witten for a 2nd rounder? I got offered that from TEN in the forum mock.
Maybe after next year

Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you were looking to select someone like Tyler Eifert in the first it'd make some sense, but removing Witten from the offense would be catastrophic, especially with as bad as the offensive line remains.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

How early would you guys take a developmental QB in this draft? And who would you take?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default QB

Laundry Jones in the 5th
Coiling Klien. Misspelled

But remember if u draft this QB U r going to have to cut a POS player.

With this new contract u have to wait another year.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How early would you guys take a developmental QB in this draft? And who would you take?
If you're talking guys in the 6th/7th round, Tulane's Ryan Griffin and Duke's Sean Renfree are good options to target. I'd add Colby Cameron to the list as well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Tony Pauline

- Iíve been told the Dallas Cowboys have Jonathan Cooper/G/North Carolina as one of their top first round targets and are looking at Stepfan Taylor/RB/Stanford in round three.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
From Tony Pauline

- I’ve been told the Dallas Cowboys have Jonathan Cooper/G/North Carolina as one of their top first round targets and are looking at Stepfan Taylor/RB/Stanford in round three.
I'm not a fool. Hidden in there is one truth and one lie. Starts off with a truth to get you believing the second part will be true... but the second part is a trick!

They may either be trying to pump up Taylor's draft stock, so their guy can fall to them (Franklin? Randle? Bell?) or they could know someone who's interested in Taylor and might be draft posturing.

Thanks for the share! We got a lot of good news churning in here!

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
From Tony Pauline

- Iíve been told the Dallas Cowboys have Jonathan Cooper/G/North Carolina as one of their top first round targets and are looking at Stepfan Taylor/RB/Stanford in round three.
I"d be happy on both fronts. While Taylor doesn't have breakaway speed, I think he would be a good back-up and could get some solid reps.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Taylor is ok, I just think there's better value in the 3rd.

He's solid and can handle carries but my sense is he is more of a rhythm runner. Not sure how effective he would be in spot duty. Aside from that, he's a one dimensional downhill runner. Takes him a an extra step and a half when cutting. I think he's probably best in a ZBS.

I feel like Randle is very similar to Murray in terms of ability and running style. He's tough, has good hands, is patient when setting up blockers -- a bit of an upright runner but gets behind his pads when contact is coming. A lot of similarities. Would like him on the team but I think he may go in the 2nd round which is prohibitive.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 04-02-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Taylor is ok, I just thing there's better value in the 3rd.

He's solid and can handle carries but my sense is he is more of a rhythm runner. Not sure how effective he would be in spot duty. Aside from that, he's a one dimensional downhill runner. Takes him a an extra step and a half when cutting. I think he's probably best in a ZBS.

I feel like Randle is very similar to Murray in terms of ability and running style. He's tough, has good hands, is patient when setting up blockers -- a bit of an upright runner but gets behind his pads when contact is coming. A lot of similarities. Would like him on the team but I think he may go in the 2nd round which is prohibitive.
Thoughts on Barner in the 4th? Or do you feel he fits the mold of a more spread type of offense?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Thoughts on Barner in the 4th? Or do you feel he fits the mold of a more spread type of offense?
Haven't studied Barner yet.. I'll post thoughts on him by end of the day.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Barner in the 4th is too high for my liking. I mocked him to us in the 5th though.

I can see us taking Andre Ellington in Round 4 though. He fits that change of pace RB mold. Some of Ellington's games have been down right jaw dropping in amazement. I'd be stoked with him.

I think 4th-5th round is around the area I'd like us to find value at RB. Any earlier and that's too big of an investment. Any later and we're taking a bigger chance.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Walters football mock has a worst case scenerio for us with Cooper, Warmack, Richardson, all 3 Tackles and Vacarro gone. He has us taking Fluker (barf) but Werner is still on the board. You guys like Werner? If this happens I think Id be trying to trade down if possible. Also been hearing a lot of good things about Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State. Anybody like him?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So Walters football mock has a worst case scenerio for us with Cooper, Warmack, Richardson, all 3 Tackles and Vacarro gone. He has us taking Fluker (barf) but Werner is still on the board. You guys like Werner? If this happens I think Id be trying to trade down if possible. Also been hearing a lot of good things about Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State. Anybody like him?
Honestly, I'm starting to like Watson less and less. 3 round player who will get picked higher, imo.

He has Cordarelle Patterson going 22. If he's at 18, which is doubtful, we should be able to find a trade down partner.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, I'm starting to like Watson less and less. 3 round player who will get picked higher, imo.

He has Cordarelle Patterson going 22. If he's at 18, which is doubtful, we should be able to find a trade down partner.
Who would you take there under that scenario?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote