Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I don't want to hear about them either. I hate our reality TV culture that makes everybody fascinated by this crap about celebrity couples, Kate Middleton, the Kardashians, etc.

I couldn't agree more. Sadly this is what it has become but I hate it. None of it matters to me and I hate how it matters to society in general.

Quote:
At risk of being chastised for bringing up a Packer in a non-Packer thread, I wish the world had more people like Aaron Rodgers. He has publicly stated that he will answer ANY football related questions in interviews whether it's about a game, his play, officiating, teammates, other players or anything else, but he refuses to answer anything personal such as whether or not he was recently engaged. I know the public craves this information, but I like to dream.

I never knew he said this, but major props to him. I always felt more should do this. I wouldn't even respond to anything non football related if I were in there shoes, and wish most athletes felt the same. I don't care about it at all, that's not why I am a fan of these players, and I really don't think it's important to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't care less about Kwame Harris' sexuality. My only interest in this arena is my belief that the words "hatred" and "phobia" are overused and in many cases misunderstood by the people who use them. I will say that for a select sub-group, should "hatred" and "phobia" be the rationale for any judgement they may have made, that they need to carefully re-examine their relationship with said source.

My response may most definitely come across as cryptic, but only because I hope to stay within the parameters of the forum rules and most certainly not purposefully offend anyone.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so because some black folks refer to themselves with the n-word, no one could possibly use it as a pejorative or slur and we should be freely able to say it? totally specious.

further, you shouldn't have any issue discussing marvin gaye, so long as you remember how to spell his name.

I haven't heard '***' used as an insult since I was about 12. I think we're underestimating the maturity levels of people here.

Also, the n-word and '***' are completely different.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-03-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Also, the n-word and '***' are completely different.
I would be somewhat curious to hear your explanation for this.
My assumption is you feel the n-word is far more harsh.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd but g-ay more on par with blacks than the n-word. The F-one would be more the homophobic slur on par with the n-word...and sorry mods, I really tried to PC that as best I could...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Again, I question the use of the term "phobia". People who possess a irrational fear may choose the word "deviant". People who hold a poor or unjustified hatred would be more inclined to use the f-word.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While technically true, it's the common word used to describe that line of thinking. There's a lot of words that we use to describe something that aren't technically the best way to describe the idea.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I would be somewhat curious to hear your explanation for this.
My assumption is you feel the n-word is far more harsh.
It's exactly what rosebud said:

SP is black.
SP is a *****.

I'd be perfectly fine with the first and not so pleased with the second.

SP is ***.
SP is a ******.

I'd be perfectly fine with first and not so pleased with the second.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-03-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the way that *** is used is a pejorative. hint: it's not because it's being used as an actual descriptor of a trait of a person, it's because it's being used as a pejorative.
I wasn't talking about the word being banned, just about why I feel one is worse than the other...

CJ was wondering, so I replied.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my experience, *** is more likely to be used in this form:

"SP can't even use a microwave. That's pretty ***. Also, the Packers are ***. Man, SP is so ***."

It's censored on this board, I think, because some immature people can be obnoxious idiots. Not because it's a "homophobic" slur.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
In my experience, *** is more likely to be used in this form:

"SP is almost blew himself up trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich in the microwave. That's pretty ***. Also, the Packers are ***. Man, SP is so ***."

It's censored on this board, I think, because teenagers can be obnoxious idiots. Not because it's a "homophobic" slur.
Well yeah, I know how it can be used, I was probably one of those people using it that way when I was about 10 years old. I just thought maybe people here are capable of acting a bit older than that. If not that's cool, it was just my opinion.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-03-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
While technically true, it's the common word used to describe that line of thinking. There's a lot of words that we use to describe something that aren't technically the best way to describe the idea.
But isn't that where a majority of the angst in any setting similar to this comes from?

Describe me as I am, do not label me what you feel the masses in your favor will accept and understand.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet mother of jesus, who pulled the race card?!?!?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
But isn't that where a majority of the angst in any setting similar to this comes from?

Describe me as I am, do not label me what you feel the masses in your favor will accept and understand.
You're drawing too direct a line between the name and the description. Sure there's people who see everyone who didn't change their profile pic to the red equal sign as Phelps farm supporting nutbags, but there will always be ignorant people, why worry about them? Work with the people you can who actually are open minded and we won't assume you're phelps-loving *** basher.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread