Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Broncos are the rumored favorites to land Reggie Bush, according to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Source: https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/311104996190085120
No, he already destroyed my collegiate team don't let him do it to my NFL team...

Jokes aside, if he is at the right price he may be pretty good receiving option for Manning.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver Post Sports ‏@DenverSportNews
Ex-#Chargers guard Louis Vasquez and the #Broncos reach agreement on four-year deal http://dpo.st/WllC9g by @MikeKlis
Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We still need some depth along the o-line, but Vasquez brings some much needed stability to the RG position.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the word in Dumervil for you guys?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Whats the word in Dumervil for you guys?
12 million is fully guaranteed this Saturday, so expect a decision sometime tomorrow. Either take a pay-cut or get cut. The market has been set for DEs (around 7 million annually), so I expect him to accept reality and stay here under a new deal. If he refuses, he will be cut, and the added cap room will be spent on his replacement(s) (Osi, Freeney, Abraham). It's a win-win situation for the Broncos, in my opinion.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm pretty ok with our moves so far, other than the welker signing. hopefully del rio et al can get through to DRC. so much talent there if he can figure it out.
What exactly do you not like about the Welker signing?

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he adds nothing to this offense. he's a quicker stokley who drops passes in key moments. waste of $6m a year.
While I've always been a Welker fan I have to agree with you on this. $6 mil for a slot guy seems a little far fetched and IMO his best days behind him regardless if Peyton is there or not.

I mean for instance I'd love to have Tavon Austin way more than Welker for several reasons. Speed, Athleticism, Age, money. I do value Austin very high but regardless I feel you can find a good slot guy as they dont have to be these excellent route runners, simply just need to be quick and have good open field awareness and quickness.

I think your offense will obviously be good but these will take alot of touches away from Demarius and Decker as well.

My biggest concern for you guys here would be the deal you gave him. I still like Welker though.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
12 million is fully guaranteed this Saturday, so expect a decision sometime tomorrow. Either take a pay-cut or get cut. The market has been set for DEs (around 7 million annually), so I expect him to accept reality and stay here under a new deal. If he refuses, he will be cut, and the added cap room will be spent on his replacement(s) (Osi, Freeney, Abraham). It's a win-win situation for the Broncos, in my opinion.
From the games I watched of you guys, I'm pretty sure you were in the 3-4 the majority of the time. What role did Dumervil play? And what can one expect of him going forward? Do you see him being superior to the guys you could replace him with? (Don't take money into consideration)
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
he adds nothing to this offense. he's a quicker stokley who drops passes in key moments. waste of $6m a year.
You would have rather allocated those funds to a RB or S, I'm guessing? If so, it's a fair point, and I would agree to an extent. I just feel he adds another weapon to an already dangerous offense. And $6m is a substantial pay-cut from the $9.5m he made last year.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-15-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
From the games I watched of you guys, I'm pretty sure you were in the 3-4 the majority of the time. What role did Dumervil play? And what can one expect of him going forward? Do you see him being superior to the guys you could replace him with? (Don't take money into consideration)
We actually run a 4-2-5 most of the time, but our base defense is a 4-3. We may use a few 3-4 looks here and there. Dumervil, in my opinion, has evolved into a bit of a one-trick pony. He gets to the quarterback, but he really only has one pass rush move and gets washed out of the run game far too often. I would prefer Osi / Abraham / Freeney, to be honest.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the Welker move. We were really only 3 deep at WR last year - Manning had zero confidence in Willis/Caldwell and it really showed when they were in the game. If we can bring Stokely back at low cost, I think we'll be in great shape. The price tag was also pretty reasonable.

Other other moves (DRC, Knighton, Vasquez) were all solid. I really like what I'm seeing from the FO. The draft looks like RB-LB-S, which are all relatively low-value positions so we have a chance of getting a decent player or two despite picking late.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Well. The Dumervil situation was botched. But who was the culprit? His agent, our front office or Dumervil himself?

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-16-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mand we can add DE to that list. i still think we need a ton of DT depth, as well.
Between Ayers, Malik Jackson and Jeremy Beal I think the Broncos will find a starting DE w/o having to go fishing. If someone drops into their lap, great, otherwise I'm not too concerned.

I'd agree on the DT depth, tho. More big bodies who can get some push inside would be very useful.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Well. The Dumervil situation was botched. But who was the culprit? His agent, our front office or Dumervil himself?
Shenanigans on Doom & his agent. FO has little to gain by playing around on this one.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...o-bears-source

I think we all have some respect for DJ because of how many times he changed positions in his tenure here, but this situation is the epitome of addition by subtraction.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumervil's Agent screwing us out of cap space, and now we lost Dumervil to the Ravens.

I really think the NFL should look into compensating the Broncos with that cap hit coming off the books, ridiculous that an agent was able to swindle this.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, whatever. i liked doom, he was easily one of my favorite draft picks we've made recently. but he's not worth $8m a year, and he definitely wasn't worth $12m a year. wish him luck in baltimore, but i think we actually have a decent DE rotation right now with wolfe and ayers for first and second down. if the draft falls like scott has it, damontre would be a fantastic pick as a third down pass rusher. i don't think we'd lose anything.
BOOM, I agree with this. We have a decent rotation of guys, and adding a vet like Freeney or Abraham could help as well as drafting someone. Broncos SHOULD be able to get Dumervil's production for a fraction of the cost, which is a win for them.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Doom never played the run well unless he was in pursuit. Ayers is much stronger in that area. Go back to the Panthers game last year when Doom was out and watch Ayers' film... I think that is partly why the team was willing to be tougher on the $$$ side of things with Doom.

Anyway, that's two bad contracts (Doom, DJ) off the books. This FO has certainly made some strides in cap management over the disasters of the previous regimes.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I feel Denver is really in a position to draft BPA and not need, there is a good group of RB's so they don't need to go after one they can just wait and see who's there. If someone like Moore from TA&M were to drop to them I think they'll take him just to push those other DE's that are on the roster.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you really believe this, you obviously don't understand the schematics of football.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
or i've watched every patriots game for the last three years. but whatever works. i sincerely hope i'm wrong and that the offense is super-powered next year. *shrug*
It will be interesting to see how Welker's play integrates with our offense. The Pats TEs create some really tough matchups that no doubt have helped Welker. At the same time, the Pats don't have guys like DT or Decker taking the top off the defense downfield.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doing a 2 round mock...have the broncos taking arthur brown and carradine...any thoughts? They are a ***** to pick for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Doing a 2 round mock...have the broncos taking arthur brown and carradine...any thoughts? They are a ***** to pick for
You have Carradine in Round 1, right?

And, can Arthur Brown play MLB in a 4-3?
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or i've watched every patriots game for the last three years. but whatever works. i sincerely hope i'm wrong and that the offense is super-powered next year. *shrug*
Welker was a dimension we didn't have on the team. Stokley was good at what he did, but having three Pro-Bowl caliber wide outs to send out, especially guys who understand route concepts and can do the full tree is going to pay dividends for the offense. Having Tamme/Dreesen as a #4 option makes mismatches all over the field. How many teams have secondaries that can account for the players we have on offense?

I hope the Broncos get another receiver in the draft too. Adding a guy like Markus Wheaton would make us a mortal lock for the Lombardi. Get a power runner as well and this offense is absolutely set. Weapons for now, weapons for the future.

Our defense needs upgrades on all three levels as well. I hope we can get more of an impact from this years coming class than we did with ours last year.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the Broncos in the current Forum Mock.. Picks below:
(Note: Signed Dwight Freeney to start opposite Wolfe in Mock FA)
1.28) Menelik Watson, OT, FSU (Unsure what will happen with Clady in future)
2.58) David Amerson, CB, NCST (Like him opposite DRC in 2014)
4.106) Montori Hughes, DT, Tenn-Martin (Project but lots of ability)
4.110) Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall (Provides option with Thomas/Decker FA in future)
5.141) Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (Solid, smart player Manning could use year one)

Need some direction on next two picks... Thoughts???
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote