Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can he though? They tried him at Guard and he was a massive fail. Then RT and he was a massive fail. The guy just doesn't have it anymore.

I rather get a cheap backup from somewhere else honestly. I bet you if Diehl got cut today, he'd be just like OHara and Petitgout and be forced into retirement.

Quote:
Giants OT David Diehl has agreed to a pay-cut, slashing his $4.475 million salary to $1 million.
He actually is only making 1 million, so he is cheap. The 2nd point you made always blows my mind, how many OL and LB have been starting for us and then don't even get a sniff of interest in FA and retire, O'hara, Seubert, McKenzie, Carlos Emmons, Pierce, etc.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too many. The Giants are notorious for keeping guys longer than they should.

It helps us and hurts us at the same time if that makes any sense.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
He actually is only making 1 million, so he is cheap. The 2nd point you made always blows my mind, how many OL and LB have been starting for us and then don't even get a sniff of interest in FA and retire, O'hara, Seubert, McKenzie, Carlos Emmons, Pierce, etc.
His base is only $1 million but he's making like $3.3 million with the signing bonus added in. That's also his cap number for the year I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with us hanging on to guys for too long, but for $1 base salary for a year, why not keep Diehl around? He knows the system and all that jazz and his versatility to be a backup saves a potential roster spot. He may not be the most talented option as a backup, but with the paycut, there's no reason not to keep him around
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diehl is this year's version of Locklear, cheap vet depth at multiple positions.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Wow, we have a big time DT haul now. We just signed Mike Patterson. So add another DT to our rotation.
I like this signing, another low risk, high reward type of guy.

Looking at our DT rotation, we have a lot of depth and competition this year.

In addition to Joseph, we have 3 very experienced vets in Jenkins, Patterson and Rogers, plus youngsters like Austin and Kuhn. It should be very interesting in camp.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wow, we have a big time DT haul now. We just signed Mike Patterson. So add another DT to our rotation.
By all reports Cruz wants around $10m-$11m a year, that's not going to happen here. So unless Cruz drops his demands, it is likely to get messy after April 19.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is an interesting article on Jerry Reese.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/04/...nt-evaluators/

I think a lot of us fans take Reese for granted and don't appreciate just how good Reese actually is.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 04-04-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

We are bringing in C/G Antoine Caldwell (texans) for a visit.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to meet in the middle. Give him 8 mill, throw in more guaranteed money on the current offer, and call it a day.

He's an idiot if he leaves for 2 mill more a season. He makes that back in endorsements easily in the NY market. Ask Jeremy Lin how much money he lost in endorsements since leaving NY for Houston. The extra money on his contract won't make up for it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he leaves, then back to finding a new replacement for the slot spot. I have faith though. If anything, that slot spot and developing a player is the only asset of our system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We'll have him for at least one more year. And if we franchise him, 2 more years.

So I'm not really concerned at the moment. We don't have to find his replacement in this draft.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the franchise tag. If we can't get a deal done, then let him go. I hate that aspect of FA. either sign the guy or let the guy leave and get his money. Plus, we don't use then tag option a lot.

Start the finding process now because it takes time. Its not like we run a plug and play system at that spot.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

My old slow computer is working. So now I have access to all my football PDFs and such.

Here is the last couple plays from my SB 42 game breakdown. It also means I have access to my notes from Spag's system, including blitz, and front composites.

It's like I got Jurrasic Park online and working again!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Upload all of it into your new computer and make a thread in our team forum for Xs and Os so we can see all of it!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Upload all of it into your new computer and make a thread in our team forum for Xs and Os so we can see all of it!
It's all old stuff. All of it is from 2007-2009 I think it is. Maybe even 07-08. I have mostly all offense and what we ran, and I do have the SB break down of both the defense and offense. So I do have Spag's system and blitz packages documented.

If anyone else is interested I will. It's a pain doing it for everything, so if people want to actually see it, then I am fine with it. If it's just you, lol, I can email you the PDFs of all of it. I sent it to a friend on BBI who wanted it. So I sent him 6 PDFs.

Like I said though, if people are interested I can create a Xs and Os forum in our section. The games would be older games but we can see the stuff we did and still do on offense.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's all old stuff. All of it is from 2007-2009 I think it is. Maybe even 07-08. I have mostly all offense and what we ran, and I do have the SB break down of both the defense and offense. So I do have Spag's system and blitz packages documented.

If anyone else is interested I will. It's a pain doing it for everything, so if people want to actually see it, then I am fine with it. If it's just you, lol, I can email you the PDFs of all of it. I sent it to a friend on BBI who wanted it. So I sent him 6 PDFs.

Like I said though, if people are interested I can create a Xs and Os forum in our section. The games would be older games but we can see the stuff we did and still do on offense.
I am very interested as well
Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

If there is interest I don't mind doing it. We tried an Xs and Os thread in the main forum and it sank. I think we get a lot of people who think they can talk football get intimidated and so lurk, and read. So because of that, and because some fans are casual fans, we get more lurkers than actually posters. I saw this happen on giants.com, scout.com, where I was a mod, and in the main section on here.

I think because of the limited # of people in our Giants section, it could work. I think that is a positive. I think in a bigger setting people get shy all of a sudden. To me that's real football talk, not hypothetical BS, like I think this guy is better than your guy, and cite stats, and all of a sudden that guy thinks he is a good poster. So those guys get filtered out, because no BSing via stats in those threads.

So far, we have 2 people on here that would be interested so that's a good start.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I find the X's and O's quite interesting. I think it may help if we focus around a specific team rather than the NFL in general.

This won't be for everyone, but there are a few hard core fans who will find it interesting :)

When I looked into the Seahawks' defensive system, I found it quite enlightening.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

With Rolando McClain getting cut by the Raiders, it might be worth looking at him as an option.

Sure he has issues, but he does have football ability and we have done well managing players with character issues.

I think our team environment could be what he needs to turn it around, a one year prove it contract could be a good option.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I feel for my fellow 23 year old headcases, McClain's talent isn't even that great to be worth it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Forget all the issues with his head for a second. He's just not a great LB. He's slow. That's always been his problem and why I struggled with him during the draft. I was so hot and cold with him. But ultimately didn't like him, and his play on the field showed it.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Xs and Os thread is up and running. Uploaded SB 42 our offense vs their defense. 29 pages from the PDF uploaded in picture format for your viewing. There is some other stuff as well before this breakdown.

Tell me what you think so far.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Xs and Os thread is up and running. Uploaded SB 42 our offense vs their defense. 29 pages from the PDF uploaded in picture format for your viewing. There is some other stuff as well before this breakdown.

Tell me what you think so far.
Looks awesome! I will probably just read in the thread, unless I have some questions, seeing as I am not very good at the x's and o's of football yet. But I am eager to learn, and I love reading your breakdowns and your discussions with BBD and other guys who know what they're looking at! Thank you for taking the time to upload all that stuff on this page!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Brandon Myers, I checked him out on youtube just to get a feel for him...he's basically Boss/Ballard part 3. Carbon copy of those 2.

He's a great fit for our system bc he really knows how to find holes in coverage. I think he can thrive in our scheme. He's slow, but so is Jason Witten so it won't stop him from being productive.

He won't be the run blocker than Unicorn was though. We're gonna miss that a lot.