Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
I get it. I meant to say height and experience
makes me pick him over Patterson. At times I'm afraid of his inexperience, but the WR position might be an easier one. We're not asking him to run the offense.
%m also having flashbacks of Wallaces last drive in the SB against Green Bay, he was lost and looked stupid. I want smart football players.
imo JUCO guys either get lost at the D-1 level or they make the jump pretty smoothly to the pros. Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Deion Branch, and Javon Walker are all good examples. They are all pretty good athletes in their own ways and made the jump from JUCO to FBS and from college to a high draft pick relatively seamlessly

Hell id love landing both personally....that would be an investment worth making if they could
Old 04-03-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anybody we don't want this year?!

I don't want Mingo in 1, I don't like the film. Not seeing enough strength and insticts.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And I haven't heard of any man crushes this year!
Who do you love?

I'm falling in love with Leveon Bell, but that's just the highlights, I haven't seen too much film.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love Mingo...hes born to be a weakside 34 OLB. Hes not gonna be a guy you expect to plug in and play like harrison, but hes a player you can build a defense around.

I absolutely want no part of any NT in the first...hankins, jenkins, or williams and especially any of the 43 UTs like when we drafted hood

I dont want a MLB either.

Im infatuated with patterson and jones, and then mingo and jordan

I lovvveeeeeeeeee David Amerson and Matt Elam too
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Jones' medical issues don't bother you?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

No not really. Ill trust the doctors if they clear him, and lattimores knee doesnt bother me either
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Steelers brining Jones in for a visit. Also brought in for personal visits were linebackers Jamie Collins of Southern Mississippi and Khaseem Greene of Rutgers, and safeties Jonathan Meeks of Clemson and Phillip Thomas of Fresno State.

On top of John Simon and Vince Williams
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont want a nt, kenny v, or any ilb not named arthur brown

everyone else im on a varying factor of cool with

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I haven't heard of any man crushes this year!
Who do you love?

I'm falling in love with Leveon Bell, but that's just the highlights, I haven't seen too much film.
i love eifert in the early rounds

i also really like kenny tate out of umd

granted i am a biased umd alum, BUT the kid is super athletic..

6'4" and doesnt havea true position... came in to school as a WR - we needed safetys so he moved to S - got good PT as a youngin then moved to LB to fill that void... wasn't exactly a force as a LB at 6'4" 225lbs but still a play maker

had a couple great seasons and then in 2011 blew out his knee after 4 great games.. 2012 he played the whole year at less than 100% at our rover LB and had a decent year

hes 22, has a spotty injury history, and doesnt have a true position... really the kid shouldnt be drafted BUT he's 6'4", will hit you in the mouth, athletic as hell and likewise determined

i also love me some connor vernon and denard robinson

Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
What's up with Scott's scouting reports?? The last couple years he's been waaaay behind on those. I just checked and all of the players the Steelers have brought in so far - none of them have a scouting report on this site!?!? Not even Jarvis Jones who is considered a top 20 pick

That was the reason I started using this site 8 years ago - he had all the scouting reports on anyone i wanted to look at. But these last few years there have been players that he never even got to.
yeah if hes too busy he needs to hire a couple of people... or work longer hours

easy to say i know but i feel the same frustrations and have been going other places lately - which is bad for business

Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i dont want a nt, kenny v, or any ilb not named arthur brown

everyone else im on a varying factor of cool with
If it's not ABrown in the 1st, what ilb prospects are worth a 2nd or 3rd? I think we need an ilb in the 1st 3 rnds.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i like kevin reddick from unc

Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Hodges is the first PSU player ive liked since PAUL
Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it's not ABrown in the 1st, what ilb prospects are worth a 2nd or 3rd? I think we need an ilb in the 1st 3 rnds.
Greene from Rutgers...would be a beast in our system.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i really feel like...

for better or worse our staff likes jason worilds and will not select an olb in the first round

theres no rb worth taking at 17

we dont need a qb / center

we wont take a d-linemen in the first having invested 2 first round picks as well as a few later round picks and with NT not as important as it once was

i really dont see us going TE either - too many needs, unfortunately

leaving us with:

o-line - isnt as big of a need but we will take value sooo any of the top 3 tackles, and cooper
wr - i like hunter and allen... not sure if they are good vlaue at 17 tho
rb - no 1st round rb's though i wouldnt throw my remote through my tv if we took lacy
ilb - i would probably rather wait til later if there is someone they like... also if spence will fully heal but wouldnt pout if they took brown
cb - i like any of rhodes, washington, milliner
s - i dont like kenny in round 1 and would rather wait

honestly this is the most awkward draft spot i think we've had in years

id almost rather 3 3rd round picks than this first
agree with this pretty much 100%. we have more need spots than I can remember in the entire Colbert era.

it may happen, but I really don't think we can sit at 17 and draft Brown. I would like to get him, but this team needs quantity as well as quality, and they need to be working the phones to move down IMO. even if we can get an extra 3rd, that'd go a ways to trying to fill some of these gaps at OLB, ILB, S, WR, RB, & TE.

this team needs a home run draft in the worst way.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

If we traded down into the end of the 1st round, what would we get? A 3rd round pick? I wouldn't be against it if it looked like this:

1- ABrown
2- RWoods
3- EReid
3- Lemonier or TWilliams
4- LBell

-OR-

1-JHunter
2- KGreene
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love if some how we came away with a trade down with 49ers and got both their 3rds (almost perfect on value chart) and draft went like this

Sort of a Dream Scenario for me

1 - WR Justin Hunter (AJ Green type potential , let plax coach him up)
2 - FS David Amerson (play maker and verstile)
3 - SS Phillip Thomas (play maker and can play either S position)
3 - TE Travis Kelce (Steelers type of TE , can block and catch)
3 - ILB Jon Bostic (could be a beast besides Timmons)
4 - RB Le'Veon Bell (they seem to like him)
5 - OLB Chase Thomas (Good value , depth at pass rusher , potential starter)
6 - QB Zach Dysert (they will pick 1 this year, when is the question?)
6 - G Omoregie Uzzi (Zone Blocking guard)
7 - ILB Brandon Hepburn (back up for Timmons)

Last edited by Cbrunn : 04-06-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

if we got 2 3rd picks, for trading down, that would solve everything!
Could that really happen?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick mock:

1) Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
-Has been sliding down boards and may not be the top prospect people thought he was, but he is an outstanding football player. He fits a big need and I believe people will be kicking themselves for years by letting him fall.

2) Robert Woods WR USC
-I hope Minnesota's interest isn't sincere because I really, really like Woods. Screams Reggie Wayne and will be a huge boost to our offense.

3) Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
-Really has grown on me. Plays a solid game and would improve the rushing attack tremendously.

4) Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson
-Brought in a visit and has the frame to play DE or OLB. I like him more as a 5 tech and believe he could be a starter for this defense. He has freakish long arms and hands.

5) John Simon OLB Ohio State
-Doesn't have a true position, but he has a motor and will find himself a way on the football field.

6a) Rontez Miles S Cal U
-I've mocked him months ago. I think he fits what this team wants on defense. Might not end up being a true starter(I think he could develop), but will be a terror on ST and in sub packages. Dude lays the wood. Also doesn't hurt that he's a Steeler fan and has them tatted on his arm. Pittsburgh boy.

6b) Michael Mauti LB Penn State
-INTENSE. Dude is a scary mofo. Sucks that he has had three knee surgeries in five years, but I don't rule this kind of guy out. I guess the team loves him. Screams Steeler all the way. He's a guy I'd like to have if I were in a dark alley at night.

7) Chris Jacobson OG Pittsburgh
-Plays all three interior lines and is a nasty inline blocker. Improves our depth and makes us not need to resign Legs anymore(thank god).
Old 04-07-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure they won't draft an OLB in the first this year, they didn't draft Worilds in the 2nd not to give him a chance to start. If there was an elite prospect at 17 they might think about it, but we have way too many needs to make a luxury pick imo.

I would list our needs as;

WR
ILB
RB
S
TE
O-Line Depth
QB depth
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think jones is too good to pass up. What if Woodley struggles and is injured again?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Taamu sentenced to 18 months probation

I hope they dont close the door on him
Old 04-07-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I just think jones is too good to pass up. What if Woodley struggles and is injured again?
I think you take the chance and roll with the next man up. I would rather see Chris Carter or Adrian Robinson start a few games than see one of our skill players go down and have to watch the likes of David Paulson, Isaac Redman and Plax starting.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

What about Jarvis playin ILB? I've seen a couple people mention it, but I don't know enough about him for inside to be a possibility.

and I'm starting to see LBell going in the 3rd in a lot of mocks. Is our 3rd too high to take him?

also starting to see EReid go anywhere from 1st rnd to the 3rd! Wtf?

This is gonna be a fun draft!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What about Jarvis playin ILB? I've seen a couple people mention it, but I don't know enough about him for inside to be a possibility.

and I'm starting to see LBell going in the 3rd in a lot of mocks. Is our 3rd too high to take him?

also starting to see EReid go anywhere from 1st rnd to the 3rd! Wtf?

This is gonna be a fun draft!
i've read reports that jones can only play one direction - and that's downhill attacking the LOS

he sucks in space and cant cover **** - which is essential for our LB's

now i can honestly say ive only seen jones a hand full of times and usually he is wreaking havoc on the opposing qb's - ive never seen him cover anyone or drop so personally - i dont know

this will be one of the more volatile drafts we've had in a while i think