Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
so we just made a trade for colt mccoy...thoughts?
as a graduate of Texas A&M, I say he can go **** himself and get cut.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not bad....but definitely not great either

VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Carlos Rogers contract situation...

Quote:
49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers is due to earn a base salary of $5.5 million in 2013, under a contract that looks a lot better now in light of the recent developments in the free-agent market.

Contrary to reports that the full amount of the salary became guaranteed on April 1, PFT has confirmed that only $1.25 million of the base salary is now guaranteed for skill and salary cap. That same amount has been guaranteed for injury from the time Rogers signed the contract last November.

It means that the 49ers could choose to put the squeeze on Rogers at some point before September to give up some of his $5.5 million salary. Sure, he’s guaranteed to make $1.25 million this year. To make more than that, however, he may have to agree to take less than $5.5 million.

Next year, Rogers’ salary jumps to $6.25 million. In 2015, he’s due to earn $7.25 million.

In other words, regardless of what happens in 2013, he’s destined to face a salary squeeze in each of the following two years.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching PFT earlier today, Maiocco was a guest on the show and expects McCoy to win the backup spot since he has experience running the read option from his college days.

Honestly, I dont have a problem with McCoy because with Harbaugh, he'll be a solid backup. Granted, he wasnt good in CLE but then again, what QB has been?

Dont have a problem with the Asomugha signing either because its a win/win for us no matter what happens and quite honestly, I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Asomugha outplays Rogers, Brown and Culliver in TC and PS.

And speaking of Rogers, according to that article from PFT, there's a chance that Rogers gets asked to take a paycut, refuses and gets released.

Now, if only we sign Woodson to play FS, I'll be a happy camper. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
as a graduate of Texas A&M, I say he can go **** himself and get cut.
Speaking of Texas A&M, I was watching some tape on Jesse Williams today and I was totally impressed with RG Cedric Ogbuehi. Williams could do nothing with him. He looked like a very good OG prospect down the road, as I think he was only a redshirt-freshmen last year, correct?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-03-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somewhat OFF TOPIC -

I'm going to be starting a new CCM in Madden 13 with the 49ers but since I have already played with them as a 3-4 defense, im going to edit them to a 4-3 team. Below is my setup for that and want you guys to tell me if its accurate if we were to actually switch to a 4-3 in reality. This is based on the 2012 season since once you start a CCM, I would be unable to switch player positions. Thanks. :)

Starters -

DE - Aldon Smith
DT - Ray McDonald
DT - Isaac Sopoaga
DE - Justin Smith
OLB - NaVarro Bowman
MLB - Patrick Willis
OLB - Ahmad Brooks

Backups -

DE - Parys Haralson, Demarcus Dobbs
DT - Ricky Jean Francois, Ian Williams, Will Tukuafu
OLB - Clark Haggans, Tavares Gooden
ILB - Larry Grant

And please dont bash me for this as im just trying to change some stuff in Madden to keep my interest. Also, im going to be adding in real contracts because having over $40m in cap room in the 2014 off-season just doesnt seem right to me. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Somewhat OFF TOPIC -

I'm going to be starting a new CCM in Madden 13 with the 49ers but since I have already played with them as a 3-4 defense, im going to edit them to a 4-3 team. Below is my setup for that and want you guys to tell me if its accurate if we were to actually switch to a 4-3 in reality. This is based on the 2012 season since once you start a CCM, I would be unable to switch player positions. Thanks. :)

Starters -

DE - Aldon Smith
DT - Ray McDonald
DT - Isaac Sopoaga
DE - Justin Smith
OLB - NaVarro Bowman
MLB - Patrick Willis
OLB - Ahmad Brooks

Backups -

DE - Parys Haralson, Demarcus Dobbs
DT - Ricky Jean Francois, Ian Williams, Will Tukuafu
OLB - Clark Haggans, Tavares Gooden
ILB - Larry Grant

And please dont bash me for this as im just trying to change some stuff in Madden to keep my interest. Also, im going to be adding in real contracts because having over $40m in cap room in the 2014 off-season just doesnt seem right to me. Thanks.
If you're gonna start a new season in madden you should trade/release the players no longer on the roster in exchange for the players we picked up.

I would have Bowman as the LOLB and Brooks as the ROLB, looks like you have the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
If you're gonna start a new season in madden you should trade/release the players no longer on the roster in exchange for the players we picked up.

I would have Bowman as the LOLB and Brooks as the ROLB, looks like you have the opposite.
I dont copy what the team does in reality. For example, I always re-sign Goldson, Walker and Jean Francois as well as others like Grant and Gooden. Unlike previous versions of Madden, you cant control more than one team in CCM and because of that, you cant control what other teams do. Since I cant control other teams and their roster moves that follow reality, I dont bother. Also, because of the horrible scheme setup, im actually able to re-sign DT Ricky Jean Francois to a 6 year/$6m contract total with no singning bonus. This is because due to the scheme, he's rated in the 60's but in-game, I have him at 75. Sadly, this is just one of the many flaws and why I hate the scheme setup.

Thought about trading Smith to KC last time I played but with Crennel still there and Reid still in Philly in game, I didnt think that it would make any sense plus I wasnt going to be able to get their second rounder for him so I said forget it.

As for Bowman and Brooks, I would have Bowman at ROLB because in-game, its the ROLB who plays in nickel formations. Honestly, I stopped trying to play realistic because it just cant be done in the game. As long as I have the players at the overall position (OLB (left or right) instead of MLB), im good.

Thanks for the help and input. Appreciate it.

On a side note, do you have a link for 49ers player salaries for 2011 and 2012? Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
On a side note, do you have a link for 49ers player salaries for 2011 and 2012? Thanks.
2011? NinerCapHell.com has everything about Niner player's salaries your looking for.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
2011? NinerCapHell.com has everything about Niner player's salaries your looking for.
I use that website for 2013 and beyond but they dont have anything listed for 2012 and 2011. I mainly starting from 2011 for contracts because of the rookie wage scale, etc. but im trying to make it as close to real as possible because having so much cap room just doesnt make any sense to me.

With a new slider set im using and real player contracts plus changing to a 4-3, I should be able to play through a 49ers CCM longer than I did before. And while majority here wont believe it, I actually build more through the draft and mid tier FA signings as opposed to going nuts like I used to do in NFL 2K3 but since the draft was useless in that game, its easier now to build through the draft. :)
Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I use the below website for 2012 and 2011

http://www.ninersnation.com/pages/49ers-salary-cap-2012

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/8/8...011-cap-update

Its the best I have found.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's all you need...NCH breaks down each player's contract for the life of the deal, which is why I thought it would serve you better.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
That's all you need...NCH breaks down each player's contract for the life of the deal, which is why I thought it would serve you better.
It does. When I checked ninercaphell, they didnt have anything for 2011 and 2012 but after searching for it, I found those two links and since they're based on ninercaphell and like you said, I figured that would be the best links to use. Thanks. :)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who gets an extension next, Crabs or Iupati?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nah, they'll do a wait and see with Crabs, UNLESS he agrees s to something with fair market value. That's what AD's deal is and that's why it probably got done first. And I'm sure his extension cleared some cap space as well. Iupati's deal will probably depend on his willingness to get reasonable deal that both parties can agree on. But I wouldnt suprise if somebody got left out. And OTs are more valuable than OGs.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope it's Iupati. Crabtree is a great receiver and our first threat in forever, but at the same time all those years in the 2000's with terrible offensive line play still haunt me as a fan. I'd like to keep this group we have together for as long as possible.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Awesome extension for Davis. $7m a season isnt bad and in my opinion, he's better than Andre Smith who's looking for $9m a season (good luck with that).

I agree with Ness. Hopefully, Iupati is next. Keep the core of the OL intact for as long as possible. :)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Don't know if anyone else saw this earlier this year but...

Quote:
1. San Francisco 49ers (20)

PB – 10th, RB – 1st, PEN – 19th

Stud: Generally speaking, LTs don’t block like Joe Staley (+40.4). He’s better in pass protection than people will give him credit for (a shame for him that nearly a third of the pressure he allowed ended up as sacks), but it’s his run blocking that sets him apart from the rest.

Dud: There isn’t one. The worst you can say is that Jonathan Goodwin is a Top 10 center, whereas the rest of the guys are Top 3 at their positions.

Summary: Phenomenal. A near flawless collection of linemen. Most teams would kill for any one of the guys the 49ers put out, yet they have five of them. The introduction of Alex Boone provided a huge boost, with Anthony Davis upping his game with better play next to them. They’re a young unit by offensive line standards and look set to dominate for a long time.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/4/
Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comment on the NFL board got me thinking. If you had to choose 1 to re-sign- Boone or Iupati, who would you choose? It probably won't be feasible to keep 2 highly paid OG's. Boone is signed through 2015, Iupati through 2014.

BTW Boone is a freaking steal at 5 years 7.5 million at the moment. And he's only 25.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go with younger IMO if he is good and he has been lately. It's hard to say though both have been real good so I dunno.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't know if anyone else saw this earlier this year but...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/4/
Yes I saw that earlier. Exactly why I want to keep this group together.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Comment on the NFL board got me thinking. If you had to choose 1 to re-sign- Boone or Iupati, who would you choose? It probably won't be feasible to keep 2 highly paid OG's. Boone is signed through 2015, Iupati through 2014.

BTW Boone is a freaking steal at 5 years 7.5 million at the moment. And he's only 25.
That's a good question. I hope we find a way to keep both, but that's going to be impossible with the way they are playing.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That's a good question. I hope we find a way to keep both, but that's going to be impossible with the way they are playing.

Iupati is my favorite O-lineman so I'm hoping we can extend this guy. Boone is great but Iupati is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Davis re-signed to a 5 year contract today 13 mil guaranteed.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iupati will be paid next over Crabs and he should be as he's more dominant at his position, has less of an ego and his representation likely has a better negotiation history than Crabs' does.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote