Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Knocks On Rutgers WR Mark Harrison?

What are the knocks on Rutgers receiver Harrison? Dude tested off the charts at the combine and looks like a physical beast at the receiver position. Why is he not more highly thought of? Lots of experience.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does have a ton of experience, but I think NFL teams view him as someone who doesn't play to the speed he times at and he never "wowed" much for someone with his physical abilities.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard people say he has incredibly inconsistent hands. Like he might be that guy in Madden whose physical attributes are all super high, but he's got a rating in the 50 neighborhood for hands.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he drops a lot of gimmes when he's wide open. He does a great job creating separation, I'll give him that. He's just a very frustrating player.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yeah, he drops a lot of gimmes when he's wide open. He does a great job creating separation, I'll give him that. He's just a very frustrating player.
Can you teach hands? I almost feel like he's actually kind of unique in that he's a receiver who really only has his hands against him, and to the degree where he's almost an afterthought. He shouldn't be. Look at his combine numbers vs. Julio Jones. He's just a shade lesser in every category (Julio gets a distinct nod, but only a nod, in the three-cone and splits), but is 10 pounds heavier, which makes them pretty similar in how impressive they measure athletically. But Harrison might not even get drafted, and I haven't heard of any incidents off the field. Is he really just a great athlete who can't catch?

Combine

Height: 6026
Weight: 220
40 Yrd Dash: 4.34
20 Yrd Dash: 2.47
10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 6.66

or

Height: 6027
Weight: 231
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.58
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 6.99

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some Rutgers fans/alum here who've given him a rather scathing review. I seem to recall it was more than just a case of inconsistent hands. Seems he had a true gift for gorking the one impact play of the game they've been setting up all day kind of thing.

I'll let them do this thread justice. They have some good insight.

I kind of see him like a WR version of Ricardo Lockette. Equally big. Not as fast. Hands of steel. Maybe Jaime Collins' offensive twin.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Harrison, Marcus Davis, Dwight Jones, Greg Little. These guys are not wide receivers. They all need to be H-Backs or Tight Ends.

If you want a 230-lb WR, gimme Chris Harper or Darrin Moore.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty's writeup on Harrison and other Rutgers prospects:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55642

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i literally can't tell you how many times he's gotten open downfield and flat out dropped a 50 yard touchdown catch. Like, it was a regular occurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Mark Harrison, Marcus Davis, Dwight Jones, Greg Little. These guys are not wide receivers. They all need to be H-Backs or Tight Ends.

If you want a 230-lb WR, gimme Chris Harper or Darrin Moore.
you couldn't be more wrong about Harrison. He's a WR only. he's got no place as an H-back or TE. that's a ridonkulous notion
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If DHB can improve his hands significantly, I think just about any receiver with NFL talent can. If he is big, fast, AND good at creating separation, I'd expect some team to draft him and go to work early in the offseason.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote