Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
just seems like the team has singular focus on one area at a time thinking that it can fix that and we're super bowl bound, and then routinely botches that! and when it does get it right or at least not whiff horribly, it's usually too little too late and it's either not enough to make the difference we hoped, or some other gaping hole has been created or exposed in the process.

i just want SOME consistency, and hopefully from multiple areas. not asking for elite level talent across the board, just a decent balance where one unit isn't pulling all the weight while another offsets any benefits, or even worse, all sucking simultaneously.
You are preaching to the choir when you speak of the general frustrations of the team putting out a mediocre product. I think everyone on this forum has thrown out an all out rant like this at one time or another trying to rationalize what we feel are obvious deficiencies or ways of correcting the team.

The back and forth Romo arguements are irrelevant at this point because he will be the QB of the Dallas Cowboys for the next 4+ seasons barring injury. Truthfully, as important as the QB position is I think it is ignorant to place the majority of blame or hand out the majority of credit to any one player anyways. There are only a handful of elite QB's in the leauge and it is possible to win without one.

I think the major issue with how the team operates is constantly getting entrenched in the viscious cycle of spending money. As you mentioned above there have been plenty of questionable moves since the league moved to a hard cap free agent system. I think this stems from managments fear of becoming irrelevant causing the team to overvalue both free agents and players on their own team. D mentioned before our best chance for a playoff run was 2008 with our probowl o-line and the Barbarian running in his prime. Unfortunatly, that wasn't our time but instead of taking the route of developing younger players the team chose to hold onto a high price veteran team and throw money / draft picks down the toilet for Roy Williams. While most of that team is now dispersed amongst the league or out all together we seem to have bottlenecked ourselves into cap hell for the next couple of seasons with heavy restructured contracts. While I think it was necessary to lock up guys like potential HOFer's Ware and Witten to above market level contracts the team has also but tons of money elsewhere in declining players. We all praise Stephen about structuring our larger contracts to be cap friendly but that can only help so much when you have muliple contracts with large cap numbers to shuffle. It eventually turns into robbing Peter to pay Paul and creating space for today means guarentted money tomorrow.

To compound this issue I think Jerry fancies himself a draft deal and will move out of a position of value to gamble on the board sliding his way. When you make moves around the board it better be right because we have seen the results of missing in the draft. Fortunately, that ship has been stabilized in this dept of the last 3 drafts and we were able to get some good values that worked out thus far. Which brings us back to the fact that the cap is strapped for the next 3-4 years and our ability to resign our homegrown products to reasonable contracts. Will we be able to retain the Lee's, Dez's, Murray's and Carter's of the world? Or if we can find some creative accounting to get them on the books is it going to be something that will hinder the team down the road. Something like playing in their prime for a smaller cap hit but backloaded with money toward the end of the contract when play starts to decline.

This is the normal rotation of events around Valley ranch that keeps the team at a 7-9 / 9-7 level and leaves us scratching our heads in the offseason.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Proof is right...
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

witten, i know that the cowboys struggles in general have been discussed ad nauseum and is nothing new. i was just pointing to it in the context of romo and the help he's received. feels like since the team has attempted to 'fix' things that have plagued him over the years (even if they didnt necessarily fixt them, or did too little too late )that it's ok now to say ... "well see, he still can't do it"

just frustrating
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas in 7 seasons prior to Romo playing: 48-64. Dallas in 7 seasons that Romo has started: 64-48. Who has faith in JJ to find us a Romo replacement? Not me

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Jerry has accomplished one thing, Dallas is probably the richest franchise in the NFL, he's an excellent car salesman and as long as the Cowboys make a lot of money for him, his ego will always convince himself that he is a genius.

In a way, he reminds me of Hitler, not the bad stuff, only that Hitler threw his generals under the bus and used his own strategy to defeat Poland, Norway and France very quickly, early in his career. After that he thought he was a military genius and went his own way, ignoring any advise from anybody as he thought he could do nothing wrong.
Jerry won with Jimmy Johnson then dumped him and won with Switzer(sp), after that I think his ego took off and he began to think he could do no wrong, 18 years later, we can all see the results and I doubt he will change.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
if you're saying "some" fixing up then i agree, and yes we're on the same page. but you said (and have said repeatedly) that in order for romo to be successful we need to fix EVERYTHING. and that i don't agree with.

there have been alot of areas to address over the past few years, and the team either addresses them too slowly for the impact to matter (see tyron)

or too kneejerk to make good decisions (see roy williams)

the drafting of claiborne and signing of carr is one of the few times that a need was addressed responsibly and with sound logic, but of course that was on the heels of over paying scandrick and followed up with firing the dc lol.

the doug free debacle is obviously well documented, as well as the mishandling of canty and bowen, and of course the predicament we're in now with spencer.

just seems like the team has singular focus on one area at a time thinking that it can fix that and we're super bowl bound, and then routinely botches that! and when it does get it right or at least not whiff horribly, it's usually too little too late and it's either not enough to make the difference we hoped, or some other gaping hole has been created or exposed in the process.

i just want SOME consistency, and hopefully from multiple areas. not asking for elite level talent across the board, just a decent balance where one unit isn't pulling all the weight while another offsets any benefits, or even worse, all sucking simultaneously.

i don't think we've seen that since 2008, and the few times things have gelled for the most part, we've seen tony get his fingers broken, collarbone broken, ribs broken, lung punctured etc etc.

hell i'm not even saying he would be successful if you fixed everything, he could mess that up too, but what i do think is that he can be the guy to get it done without 'fixing everything'. you have to responsibly fix some things though.
C'mon bro. There is no team in the league that can have everything perfect. There are moves that are gonna work and moves that don't. Injuries will happen. I know that I keep harping that we need to fix everything around Romo, but I think we're close! Not saying we need Pro Bowlers at every position. A Justin Durant signing is good with me. Will Allen is another good addition. When I say we need to fix everything around Romo, I mean it. I think we can do it. Fix the OL, bolster the RB quality, and give Romo more freedom to call plays... Just in that I think Romo can go OFF! I felt like Garrett's control over the offense was a vice against us. Sounds like he's relinquishing that over to Callahan and Romo. We'll see. I'm hopeful of better results for sure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Well, Jerry has accomplished one thing, Dallas is probably the richest franchise in the NFL, he's an excellent car salesman and as long as the Cowboys make a lot of money for him, his ego will always convince himself that he is a genius.

In a way, he reminds me of Hitler, not the bad stuff, only that Hitler threw his generals under the bus and used his own strategy to defeat Poland, Norway and France very quickly, early in his career. After that he thought he was a military genius and went his own way, ignoring any advise from anybody as he thought he could do nothing wrong.
Jerry won with Jimmy Johnson then dumped him and won with Switzer(sp), after that I think his ego took off and he began to think he could do no wrong, 18 years later, we can all see the results and I doubt he will change.
18 years sure sounds like a long time... until you put that into perspective with the rest of the teams in the NFL. I know you're a Lions fan, so I won't go there. Playoff wins are nice, but they aren't everything. The Cowboys despite not winning playoff games have given us hope for competing. I mean, we had our dark ages before Parcells came in for the renaissance of sorts. We've won the division a few times recently and Romo keeps us hopeful every year. It's that hope that is crushed that is so painful because we feel like we are close... just not close enough.

I really like the roster that has been put together. I can't complain too much outside of the OL and S. But we're getting 2 safeties that we never had last year back in Church and Johnson, plus we added Will Allen. Allen is a savvy veteran that shouldn't be overlooked. He's been with Monte and can help in the transition. He played well for the Steelers when Polamalu went down.

Jerry being called Hitler is wow. I don't always agree with what he does, but I give credit to him for trying. A lot of owners don't care, don't spend, and they greatly frustrate their fanbase. I'd rather be frustrated by bad moves with good intent than no moves and no care.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you know that I wasn't comparing Jerry to Hitler in the ugly sense, just the ego type.

Believe me, I've had a lot of frustration with the teams I love, Detroit, Cleveland and the Bills, I certainly know what badly run teams do and until recently, I haven't had an awful lot to cheer about, so I sympathize with your 18 years of frustration. As you said, at least Jerry spends money trying to improve the team.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

The discussion got godwinned!
Boy, that escalated quickly.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
The discussion got godwinned!
Boy, that escalated quickly.
My man Mo Mo!!!! Good to see you around again.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Complaining about Jerry Jones is the most tired topic I see on here. Let it go. He's not going anywhere.

What are you gonna do? Snipe him? Bc unless you do that he's not going anywhere. Talking about it is the biggest waste of energy.

Instead say something productive, like what players you like, what direction you'd like the team to move in etc. Not the same old Jerry Jones crap.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 1m
RT @AdamSchefter Cowboys now in talks to sign former Chiefs OT Eric Winston.>>Have not reviewed KC work yet, but he was strong at RT in Hou.
WooHoo! Get it done Jerry!!

Per @PFF, Eric Winston ranked No. 26 among OTs last season (9th among RTs). Doug Free ranked 66th. Would be significant upgrade for Cowboys.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-08-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

He did excel in Houston, and they run the ZBS, which we are switching to. I think he would be a great fit here, and could help with the learning curve of the new scheme. Bring him in on a 2-3 year deal, preferably 2, and draft a tackle in the later rounds to groom.

Also, I love the way he stood up for his teammate, Matt cassel, last year. This shows that he is a great teammate, and also a leader.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make Winston happen please. Also, do we know for sure we aren't going to a zone blocking scheme? I haven't heard anything one way or another, but I think Tyron would be excellent in it with his footwork, and Cooper/Winston are made for it. Not sure about Cook & Berny, but it gives me some thought.

I would prefer Clabo, but I wanted either one really badly. Make Free a June 1 cut and we still have a good swing tackle in Parnell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
He did excel in Houston, and they run the ZBS, which we are switching to. I think he would be a great fit here, and could help with the learning curve of the new scheme. Bring him in on a 2-3 year deal, preferably 2, and draft a tackle in the later rounds to groom.

Also, I love the way he stood up for his teammate, Matt cassel, last year. This shows that he is a great teammate, and also a leader.
I just read you're post again and missed this. I didn't know that this was true, great decision. In this case I'd trade up for Cooper a few spots if it were me.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Make Winston happen please. Also, do we know for sure we aren't going to a zone blocking scheme? I haven't heard anything one way or another, but I think Tyron would be excellent in it with his footwork, and Cooper/Winston are made for it. Not sure about Cook & Berny, but it gives me some thought.

I would prefer Clabo, but I wanted either one really badly. Make Free a June 1 cut and we still have a good swing tackle in Parnell.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post3319882

Frank Pollack, former Houston Assistant OL coach (2007-2011) is now our OL Coach. Last year he was promoted and took the OAK OL coach job where he transitioned them to the ZBS. He got fired when OAK fired their HC and his staff.

We're going ZBS baby. No ifs ands or buts about it!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 1m
RT @AdamSchefter Cowboys now in talks to sign former Chiefs OT Eric Winston.>>Have not reviewed KC work yet, but he was strong at RT in Hou.
WooHoo! Get it done Jerry!!

Per @PFF, Eric Winston ranked No. 26 among OTs last season (9th among RTs). Doug Free ranked 66th. Would be significant upgrade for Cowboys.
Jerry usually doesn't let guys out of his office without a deal. This is the best news of the day!!!

BTW, he was PFF's #1 RT in 2011!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dream offseason if we nab Winston and Cooper at 18.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post3319882

Frank Pollack, former Houston Assistant OL coach (2007-2011) is now our OL Coach. Last year he was promoted and took the OAK OL coach job where he transitioned them to the ZBS. He got fired when OAK fired their HC and his staff.

We're going ZBS baby. No ifs ands or buts about it!
Thanks for this, I'm really excited now. Murray is excellent in this scheme too at finding the cutback lanes. Agreed that if we can get Cooper with Winston this was a great start to where I want to see our offense headed. I personally would be hoping Eric Reid is there in the 2nd but I wouldn't even care if we upgraded the line.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...utual-interest

The Dallas Cowboys might finally be prepared to admit their $32 million mistake in extending right tackle Doug Free's contract two years ago.

A source who has spoken with free agent Eric Winston and a Cowboys source have both confirmed to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that there is mutual interest between the two sides. A source who has spoken to Winston adds that talks are "heating up."
Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Dream offseason if we nab Winston and Cooper at 18.
So true man. It's hard trying to address all of our needs in the draft. We NEED to eleviate the burden by signing a starter in FA.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

"RT@clarencehilljr:Source reiterated there is no interest in Eric Winston at this time

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1h
@crazycracker666: funny I asked about Winston as soon as he was released now we are getting him. I don't think they are getting him.

Per a Cowboys source, team is not in contract talks with Eric Winston." So dismiss @AdamSchefter comments #CowboysNation

Blah...Who knows now

Old 04-08-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get Winston it really allows us to let the players available dictate where we go in the draft. Winston is a perfect fit in a ZBS which is prolly why he rated as #1 RT 2 years ago. We are going to notice a difference if we get him. #upgradeRT

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
"RT@clarencehilljr:Source reiterated there is no interest in Eric Winston at this time

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1h
@crazycracker666: funny I asked about Winston as soon as he was released now we are getting him. I don't think they are getting him.

Per a Cowboys source, team is not in contract talks with Eric Winston." So dismiss @AdamSchefter comments #CowboysNation

Blah...Who knows now
Ian Rappaport's reputation on the line here.... If he dished us a raw egg, I'm gonna remember this.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ian Rappaport's reputation on the line here.... If he dished us a raw egg, I'm gonna remember this.
Schefter broke the story. Would be the 2nd thing he was wrong about this off season involving the Boys